Archer stealth

Options
13»

Comments

• SadieMae - Lost City
    SadieMae - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Does this skill let you attack in stealth? My friend says as soon as you attack you appear. I haven't seen anything saying that here.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Does this skill let you attack in stealth? My friend says as soon as you attack you appear. I haven't seen anything saying that here.

Your friend is correct however just like with assassins the cast animation of the first skill is never visible. Unlike assassins both single and double spark knock you out of stealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Idk why the OP is qqing, it was clear to most ppl that archer stealth is useless when it was first mentioned.
    Some ppl really need to waste 6-7 weeks first be4 realizing that fact? wow...

on a side-note most skills are ment for tw. get over it, either learn to get the most use out of it or accept that the skills for archers are fail at the most part.

Imo the only usefull skills are the increased range buff or the leaps.
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

sorry for double post, and Sin's stealth skill doesnt say it will make them appear either when they attack. Why should they mention it extra then for archer stealth?
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Idk why the OP is qqing, it was clear to most ppl that archer stealth is useless when it was first mentioned.

1. *stealths through FC* Yea.....this skill sure is uh....."useless".

2. Oh hold on a sec, my party just got wiped. *stealth*; Totally "useless".

3. *pulls boss* Uh oh, I totally forgot to bring pots for this. *Stealth*; No matter how much of my imagination I use, I cannot find even one use for this stupid skill.

4. I'm not even going to try thinking about how "useless" it is in pvp.

Just in case you hadn't picked up on it, I'll put this tag here: <Heavy Sarcasm>
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    1. *stealths through FC* Yea.....this skill sure is uh....."useless".

2. Oh hold on a sec, my party just got wiped. *stealth*; Totally "useless".

3. *pulls boss* Uh oh, I totally forgot to bring pots for this. *Stealth*; No matter how much of my imagination I use, I cannot find even one use for this stupid skill.

4. I'm not even going to try thinking about how "useless" it is in pvp.

Just in case you hadn't picked up on it, I'll put this tag here: <Heavy Sarcasm>

You can't steath through FF on archer, since you cannot move in stealth mode.

However, I find this skill entirely useful for the losing aggro aspect. That is the whole reason I got it and it has not disappointed me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited April 2012
    Options

However, I find this skill entirely useful for the losing aggro aspect. That is the whole reason I got it and it has not disappointed me.

With just a little bit of imagination, it is pretty easy to stealth through FC with an archer. I'm saying this from experience. I made it to the end without killing anything past the first bishops. And I only killed things before that so lower levels could get to the exp room.

Think about it, if you work that brain hard enough you may just come up with something.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

You actually can use it to skip large groups of mobs but it's not as easy to use as a sin's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah46dYjuFLQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You actually can use it to skip large groups of mobs but it's not as easy to use as a sin's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah46dYjuFLQ

You need to be able to take hits to attempt that thought...A.K.A. be a major catshopper. Most archers cant(are pure LA or don't have the $$ to get 10k+ hp or godly defenses or prefer another class) so they can't just run through mobs and reset after stealthing. so its basically useless to all who cant take hits. I can see archers with R9 and stuff being able to run through FC and do what you did from bosses to bosses/shades but FC mobs ain't very light hitters on LA if so many at once.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    dog10250 wrote: »
    You need to be able to take hits to attempt that thought...A.K.A. be a major catshopper. Most archers cant(are pure LA or don't have the $$ to get 10k+ hp or godly defenses or prefer another class) so they can't just run through mobs and reset after stealthing. so its basically useless to all who cant take hits. I can see archers with R9 and stuff being able to run through FC and do what you did from bosses to bosses/shades but FC mobs ain't very light hitters on LA if so many at once.

You can avoid getting hit more than 3 or 4 times while running. Once you are done running through, its just a matter of popping ataraxia before they catch up. My TT99/TT90/R8 light armor, all +3 and below was able to keep me alive through it well enough. I'm not charmed either. I just used good old crab meat.
    I've also only put about $60 total into this game in all my time playing it.

You don't have to have uber gear to run past the mobs.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Getting past the mobs is 1 thing, how about solo tanking the boss without BP?
    edited April 2012
    Options

Yea that takes slightly better gear, or a charm and a barb buff. The bosses don't hit that hard though. You just have to know what to expect from them. I can kill the less troublesome ones solo (1st, 2nd, slasher). In the fc run that I referred to before, I was duoing with a 2.5 aps sin. I used my +5 GVs (4aps). We did perfectly fine.

Besides, we are discussing the usefulness of ataraxia, not whether or not archers can solo fc with less-than-op gear. Ataraxia doesn't help on bosses in FC.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Totally useful if you chill in your base, on Defense. Cata squad comes in, and you can pretty much take out their Cleric/Wiz/squishies before they understand what is going on.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Swimma_Wiz - Archosaur
    Swimma_Wiz - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Ok so, i 1v1 my hubby and finally, after 10 mins, i had him, he was going to die...NOPE, stealth. It's a nifty trick. It makes our fights a little more interesting. I logged onto his account to play around and i decided to try out his stealth skill. Yes, it kinda sucked not being able to move but hey, being in stealth is cool no matter what.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah... Um no.

Sins can be useful in TW, especially if you have enough of them to make a difference. However, an all Sin Faction is going to flop on it's face in TW, I believe that has been tried before.

The main problem I have with my Sin in TW is that I was a ****ing moron and didn't glitch to 105, instead insisted upon having some kind of morals or something, and now it's more or less impossible to get to 105 in any kind of sane amount of time, and thus, I'm fishfood for 103, 104, and 105 sins. So, I'd rather play my Archer, Barb, or even my Veno in TW, as I have more chance of surviving getting popped on by a Sin on any of those than my Sin does. But be assured, my Sin never gets oneshot by other Sins, unless it's an R9+12 full DoT Sin, and even then... They have to Crit GoF on the upper range of their damage (14k Buffed with 11k PDef Buffed). Only my Veno is oneshot food for Sins. :P

Having 10 good Sins can actually wreck an opposing factions TW plans. You can pretty much suppress their Clerics and possibly Archers, but only if they have fewer/lower geared Sins. Did a TW with 2 vs 7 sins, and we got rolled because we couldn't remove their rez chain and they got into base, and even if we killed them all, they would rez eachother.

b:sad Wow, when I would play CritCat on PWI, I would have no issue with wrecking r9 sins that popped on me in the middle of TW, lol.

10 sins can seriously bypass quite a few things, especially when they know what they're doing.

I play an anti-sin sin in TW unless the opposing faction is in base and the leader's crying and crying about the clerics, other than that I spend 95% of my time in stealth killing other sins 1st and clerics 2nd.

Usually I can just pop off expel and my teammates can flatten the higher level sin. The only ones I have trouble with are character ID deaths.b:shocked

And to earlier in this thread, not directed at Sarra:
    A good sin doesn't need stealth to PvP effectively.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Archer Stealth + Leap = movement.

kthnxbai close QQ thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • dog10250
    edited April 2012
    Options

That's easy depending where your referring. My +3 sin 3.33aps(5.1k HP) r8 is used to solo'ing bishop and hes all +3 LA no HP charm whatsoever. That is to say, bishop purges my BP but he doesn't DD me that hard, I just gotta spam a few extra crabs at the most and keep slashing and hacking away with r8 dags till he falls in 3 mins normally so a archer won't have problems whatsoever in FC. Now if your talking about harder bosses like fb99 or warsong bosses or such, yeah that might take a bit extra good gear. But as far as archer stealth goes it doesn't seem to be that useful in my opinion, but I believe those archers who got archer stealth and trying to make use of it should just roll a assassin if they wanna stealth farm. It's like spending LOADS of $$ to make a 5aps seeker...its possible but then why not just make a 5aps bm or sin if they just want aps and save yourself hundreds of $$? Archers trying to be wanna-be sins without BP now...this is just sad.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    dog10250 wrote: »
    But as far as archer stealth goes it doesn't seem to be that useful in my opinion, but I believe those archers who got archer stealth and trying to make use of it should just roll a assassin if they wanna stealth farm. It's like spending LOADS of $$ to make a 5aps seeker...its possible but then why not just make a 5aps bm or sin if they just want aps and save yourself hundreds of $$? Archers trying to be wanna-be sins without BP now...this is just sad.

I think this kind of viewpoint is probably the biggest reason that some people think ataraxia is useless. The main issue is whether or not it is useful to an archer. Other classes are irrelevant. It opens up loads of possibilities for an archer's play style and lets us do things that just weren't possible for archers before. That is the definition of usefulness right there.

Sure, I could do it with a sin, but I don't have a lvl 100 sin, I have an archer. Its not like I made my archer for the purpose of doing this either. However, now that I have stealth, I can quickly level that sin alt without spending much money on it. Hell, I could make a profit off of it if I wanted to, and that's not even why I got the stealth in the first place. I was just **** around with a friend and I found out that it works pretty well in FC.

Also, your seeker comparison is misplaced at best. It costs 3mil and some weeks of doing easy quests to get ataraxia. That doesn't sound crazy to me, unlike getting a 5 aps seeker.
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Archer Stealth + Leap = movement.

kthnxbai close QQ thread.

Ataraxia - Purely an OSHT button. used to avoid getting your *** kicked by (mobs/sin/gank/etc). Stop QQing you cant move as freely as a sin and be greatful you get it at all QQing newgens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • dog10250
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think this kind of viewpoint is probably the biggest reason that some people think ataraxia is useless. The main issue is whether or not it is useful to an archer. Other classes are irrelevant. It opens up loads of possibilities for an archer's play style and lets us do things that just weren't possible for archers before. That is the definition of usefulness right there.

Sure, I could do it with a sin, but I don't have a lvl 100 sin, I have an archer. Its not like I made my archer for the purpose of doing this either. However, now that I have stealth, I can quickly level that sin alt without spending much money on it. Hell, I could make a profit off of it if I wanted to, and that's not even why I got the stealth in the first place. I was just **** around with a friend and I found out that it works pretty well in FC.

Also, your seeker comparison is misplaced at best. It costs 3mil and some weeks of doing easy quests to get ataraxia. That doesn't sound crazy to me, unlike getting a 5 aps seeker.

That was a general overstatement of a class trying to be something it wasn't intended. Same with Barbs becoming APS when BP came out, Venos going LA or HA APS/tanker, clerics using HA, and such. Not to say I don't like those, my veno is HA, I support aps barbs, and I know a very successful HA cleric. Just past views of what other classes have become that is far from the ideal use of that class. Last 1 being a 5aps seeker(someone in Dreamweaver server so called claimed to be 1 last x2 in december) and now archers wanna try and become asassins. Whats next....cleric going APS?