Archer stealth

Wuzzums - Lost City
Wuzzums - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Well aftr finally getting my stealth skill I"m less then impressed.

I was expecting the .1 run speed but does anyone know what .1 run speed is like. How about moving 1 inch in 1 minute of running.

I figure no biggy I'll just holy path. Wrong it don't work. How about flying? Negative.

So a stealthed archer is pretty much a stationary turrent, that has their mana just eaten away.

Good job, and yeah this is QQ.
Post edited by Wuzzums - Lost City on

Comments

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You are actually angry about a stealth skill that was actually given effort to balance before being slapped into the game?
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You are angry that your skill is working as intended?
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    lets be ****ing honest here. a max ranged archer in stealth would be more overpowered then sins in stealth without that .1 speed setback.

tbh, idk why archers were given stealth at all.
  • TrueMax - Sanctuary
    TrueMax - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ntkn wrote: »
    lets be ****ing honest here. a max ranged archer in stealth would be more overpowered then sins in stealth without that .1 speed setback.

tbh, idk why archers were given stealth at all.

This.... +1b:laugh
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    plus the stealth is able to be used in combat mode.

So holy path and THEN stealth if you're so desperate to go somewhere or intend to apply it to instances. Problem solved. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You are angry that your skill is working as intended?

Basically, this.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Have half your faction start TW normal style. The other half are 105 R9+12 Archers. Stealth upon entering instance.

Creep slowly, oh so slowly to the enemy base.

Then, pew pew the **** out of them.

Of course, this will lead to 2 hour 45 minute TW's. 2 hours will be moving while stealthed from your base to theirs. 30 minutes of kill farming the **** out of them. And 15 minutes to get your catas in, and faceroll their crystal once you actually try to kill it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well aftr finally getting my stealth skill I"m less then impressed.

I was expecting the .1 run speed but does anyone know what .1 run speed is like. How about moving 1 inch in 1 minute of running.

I figure no biggy I'll just holy path. Wrong it don't work. How about flying? Negative.

So a stealthed archer is pretty much a stationary turrent, that has their mana just eaten away.

Good job, and yeah this is QQ.

Archers aren't supposed to be stealth masters.
    They're supposed to keep a far and put an arrow to every enemies knee.
    edited April 2012
    Archers aren't supposed to be stealth masters.
    They're supposed to keep a far and put an arrow to every enemies knee.

Yeah...

If I were an Archer IRL, instead of, say, STANDING IN PLAIN SIGHT and shooting arrows at people where they COULD SEE ME and hit back, I'd hide in a ****ing bush.

And since Sin's are basically godmode ninjas, they figured to give Archers a godmode bush to hide in.

So just deal with it?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You're QQing about stealth?

That's wrong.

Very wrong.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear
    ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Don't forget about archer leaps as well. Stealth, leap, leap, wait, leap, leap, wait, leap, leap.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Yeah...

If I were an Archer IRL, instead of, say, STANDING IN PLAIN SIGHT and shooting arrows at people where they COULD SEE ME and hit back, I'd hide in a ****ing bush.

And since Sin's are basically godmode ninjas, they figured to give Archers a godmode bush to hide in.

So just deal with it?

This almost it...
    Though, sins can't shoot sniper Rifles at 34m range at 1.43 arrows per seccond or stun at that range, nor freeze, nor deal big metal damage (with high crit chance) at that range. I think archers stealth limitation is fair enough.

Though, archers are still the only class who doesn't have an auto heal.
    Bms has diamond sutra, Wizzies has morning dew, Clerics are healers, Venos has metabolic boost, barbs has sunder, sins has bp, psychics has bubble of life, seekers has last stand (lame, but seekers has high survivability and they're affected by bp), mystics are healers too.

Only the damn archer doesn't have a way (other than pots) to gain hp and the lame demon serrated arrow... which is lame, cmon its lame.

Archers doesn't need to stealth, they need a self heal.
    edited April 2012
    This almost it...
    Though, sins can't shoot sniper Rifles at 34m range at 1.43 arrows per seccond or stun at that range, nor freeze, nor deal big metal damage (with high crit chance) at that range. I think archers stealth limitation is fair enough.

Though, archers are still the only class who doesn't have an auto heal.
    Bms has diamond sutra, Wizzies has morning dew, Clerics are healers, Venos has metabolic boost, barbs has sunder, sins has bp, psychics has bubble of life, seekers has last stand (lame, but seekers has high survivability and they're affected by bp), mystics are healers too.

Only the damn archer doesn't have a way (other than pots) to gain hp and the lame demon serrated arrow... which is lame, cmon its lame.

Archers doesn't need to stealth, they need a self heal.

Well.. 34m for a demon... 36 for me. 38 if I switch to my Crossbow. And it's what, 46 with the new Morai skill for a Sage Archer? If you make a hax genie, 1.43 is lame APS for a bow, 1.82 is what I'm aiming for, but I haven't finalized my gear or that genie yet.

And yes, but auto heals... For some classes are limited. Really, BM's Sutra is useful, but it has a cooldown and requires two sparks, which means it's not spammable, like say, bubble or Morning Dew. And Sunder really isn't an Auto Heal, it's a Leech, which point in fact, Venos have one too (Sage Leech is pretty nice). Sin's BP is also a Leech. Leech being you have to do damage or hit an enemy to get HP back. The 79 skill for sins is a Self heal.

So really, Barbs don't have a Self Heal, per se, but a Leech, Veno's have a Self Heal and a Leech, while the caster classes all get a self heal or whatever.

Anyway. IDC. There's spammable Genie skills that surpass the usability of self heal skills. ToP, Second Wind. High Magic genie with high str gets you lots of quick HP. High magic and high dex is good for a ToP genie. On my BM, I use ToP instead of Sutra 90% of the time. Only if ToP is on DC do I reach for Sutra. I don't even carry pots anymore QQ
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Ehh the only problem with archer stealth is that it is entirely inferior to shadow escape.
    Longer Cooldown, Higher Mana Cost, no magic spark gained, and the movement restriction.

It's kinda insulting to be given an entirely crappier version of another class's skill.
    I can't think of any class who has a 100% worse version of another skill.

There should be some token way to distinguish it from shadow escape. Maybe no MP drain or make it heal HP or something.

They did a better job with the leaps. They are basically copies of the BM leaps but they mixed it up by making them sideways instead of back and forward! They have a much longer cooldown but also cost no chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You're QQing about stealth?

That's wrong.

Very wrong.

+1 b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Well.. 34m for a demon... 36 for me. 38 if I switch to my Crossbow. And it's what, 46 with the new Morai skill for a Sage Archer? If you make a hax genie, 1.43 is lame APS for a bow, 1.82 is what I'm aiming for, but I haven't finalized my gear or that genie yet.

And yes, but auto heals... For some classes are limited. Really, BM's Sutra is useful, but it has a cooldown and requires two sparks, which means it's not spammable, like say, bubble or Morning Dew. And Sunder really isn't an Auto Heal, it's a Leech, which point in fact, Venos have one too (Sage Leech is pretty nice). Sin's BP is also a Leech. Leech being you have to do damage or hit an enemy to get HP back. The 79 skill for sins is a Self heal.

So really, Barbs don't have a Self Heal, per se, but a Leech, Veno's have a Self Heal and a Leech, while the caster classes all get a self heal or whatever.

Anyway. IDC. There's spammable Genie skills that surpass the usability of self heal skills. ToP, Second Wind. High Magic genie with high str gets you lots of quick HP. High magic and high dex is good for a ToP genie. On my BM, I use ToP instead of Sutra 90% of the time. Only if ToP is on DC do I reach for Sutra. I don't even carry pots anymore QQ

Yes thats right, I used 1.43 to express how OP it can be from this point of view, and thus why archers doesn't need a stealth.

Therefore, barbs sunder is more of an heal, because it always heals same ammount of HP, regardless of damage dealt or if there is no more targets alive. Same with Veno's leech, curious, but it always give same HP regardless if you're doing or not damage. Now, BP is totally dependent on the damage you deal.
    BMs diamond sutra costs 1 spark, its still a lot of chi for who doesn't have inner harmony b:surrender, but still a HP gainage which spares genie cost.

At all, a good archer is a good archer, you seem to be one of em. I know, you know, archers doesn't actually need a stealth. Everyone else got screwed skills, don't think you archers were the only ones b:surrender

Ehh the only problem with archer stealth is that it is entirely inferior to shadow escape.
    Longer Cooldown, Higher Mana Cost, no magic spark gained, and the movement restriction.

It's kinda insulting to be given an entirely crappier version of another class's skill.

There should be some token way to distinguish it from shadow escape. Maybe no MP drain or make it heal HP or something.

They did a better job with the leaps. They are basically copies of the BM leaps but they mixed it up by making them sideways instead of back and forward! They have a much longer cooldown but also cost no chi.

Don't even compare. Archers specialty is to range, stealthing is sin's special technique.
    If any other class has a SAME or comparable shadow escape, sins would be screwed, because that's what allows sins to compete in the game's balance. (Talking about PvP)
    edited April 2012

Don't even compare. Archers specialty is to range, stealthing is sin's special technique.
    If any other class has a SAME or comparable shadow escape, sins would be screwed, because that's what allows sins to compete in the game's balance. (Talking about PvP)

I doubt you really read what I wrote. If anything I was saying it needs to be more different than shadow escape not more the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2012

If you honestly think sins need stealth to compete in pvp, then you don't know your own class very well :o
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Question:
    Have you tried using the immune-to-movement-debuff-pot(Whatever its called),before using stealth?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Question:
    Have you tried using the immune-to-movement-debuff-pot(Whatever its called),before using stealth?

The move/flight speed reduction seems to be tied into the stealth itself. If it weren't then holy path would work as it's a skill that forces you to max ground speed regardless of whether you're slowed or not.

On a side note, lol at a sin saying that sins NEED stealth to compete in PvP.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    because that's what allows sins to compete in the game's balance. (Talking about PvP)

You cannot put "sins" and "game balance" in the same sentence. They are mutually exclusive.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012

It's also kinda the same deal with the Archer 100 skill that restores chi and the sin skill that also does it... Inner Harmony I think? And lol Nymphali doesn't understand class balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I agree with Ast that it should be different.

I mean, not only will sins a level higher see you, but if anyone sees you stealth, they know you'll be in that general area.

I just wonder if leaping would be able to be used while in Archer stealth. If so, then an archer can move somewhat while in stealth.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well.. 34m for a demon... 36 for me. 38 if I switch to my Crossbow. And it's what, 46 with the new Morai skill for a Sage Archer?

Demon is 32m and Sage 34m. So that would be 36m with said crossbow.

Also, Galvanic Charge/Aura is only a 6m increase.

That would've been much nicer. Sort of like Lilith on Borderlands, but without the speed.
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2012

i'm a fan of ur game knowledge, but u should try again with the bm's promised "tele stun" ijs
    edited April 2012

Let's see, Sin's run skill gives chi but BM's doesn't. Summon heal can be leveled earlier than Pet heal can be, though it kinda hurts mana costs to do so.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Archer stealth is probably made specifically to lose aggro. No movement needed. This had already been discussed in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited April 2012
    i'm a fan of ur game knowledge, but u should try again with the bm's promised "tele stun" ijs

But the BM one does damage and the sin one doesn't.

Shadow Teleport is inferior to Seeker's Voidstep at lvl 10 since it's same stun and cooldown but voidstep has a longer range. At level 11 though they are different.

Wizard's Essential Sutra is almost entirely inferior to Psychics Tide Spirit but the Wizard one at least gains some MP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Power creep was a *****. It's good that they made some updates to the old classes. However, I'd like some of the skills nobody use to be revisited.

Skills such as the DoTs of old classes, for example.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Demon_troll - Harshlands
    Demon_troll - Harshlands Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    if u can't move while in stealth... and spend even more mp for stealth, then archer stealth is just useless :(