Assassins Rejoice

Options
13»

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I agree with a lot of your post, but 90% of what China cares about are the checks we write them, 9% is them caring about their own version, and the other 1% is our player base. They could do a lot of things, but if it's something they would have to completely tailor to our version they get amnesia about our game existing. Sadly, that's just how it is between PWI and China.

Case in point is how long SP has been PvP enabled..... again.

Well I saw on some stock stuff that PWI is only 20% of their profits. So that means they care 0 about our player base

Devil 3 coming May 15. I see a big drop in players.

And I would have loved clerics get that skill. My *** would be 105 by now.
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Traz is right. There are two separate issues here.

1) The nature of the skill itself

2) The FC glitch which caused some assassins to be lvl 104 or 105.

To start:

There is nothing wrong with this skill! It fulfills a function that no other skill in the game does; namely, you can now know who is around you even if you aren't high enough level to see them with a detection apoth. Even the seeker skill to raise detection level won't let you know if a 105 assassin is nearby, unless the seeker is 105 him/herself. *I* can't tell if there are other 105 assassins close by, but this skill can. If for that reason only, this skill would be powerful. But there's more!

Tell me what is underpowered about knocking ALL assassins out of stealth who are your level or lower? There is nothing wrong with that, can we agree?

If you'll just think about the skill in and of itself for a moment, you'll see that its a very powerful skill (50m detection range is very large, and 25meter radius knock-out-of-stealth range is hardly insubstantial). And complaining about the graphics is kinda 'durr...' when practically every new skill has flashy graphics. (Wasn't that what people wanted? Better graphics?)

Now:

The second issue is the fact that some of the assassins you might like to knock out of stealth won't be knocked out of stealth because they are higher level than you. Many of you apparently feel there should be no reward for being higher level; you want to be able to, at any level apparently, be able to see all of those higher level assassins. In other words, you want to anul the advantage that others have in having obtained a higher level. (Tell me know, what sort of game would this be if there wasn't an advantage for being higher level?)

How they levelled has no bearing on the skill's usefulness. A lvl 105 assassin who levelled without goonz (I know of 3 on my server) will not get knocked out of stealth by this skill, same as a lvl 105 who used 'goonz glitch'. How they got that lvl doesn't change what the skill does. The skill does what it says it does: it detects stealthed players. PWI players misinterpreted that to be 'being able to target those stealthed players', but the skill didn't say that, did it.

Also, here are some other thoughts to chew on.

(a) Last time I checked, there are a lot of lvl 100-102 assassins pking as well. Assuming you are a 102 mystic, your skill will work just fine on them.

(b) Unless you've all forgotten, archers can stealth now. They can't move very far though, so your skill will be very effective for pulling them out of stealth, won't it; use skill near where you saw the archer disappear.

(c) If your mystic was 105, the skill is very powerful indeed, agreed? If the enemy assassin is 102 or lower, the skill is very powerful indeed, agreed? There is NOTHING wrong with the skill itself. Stop confusing the issue of "how effective the skill is" with "what level the assassins are".

Cheers,

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    lol i see no problem with the skill, only part the skills refers to level is is the part that kicks sin's out of stealth, must be = to the mystic lv or lower. meaning every sin lv 105 and lower you will have their name, and anyone your lv and lower gets kicked out of stealth :P

personally i love knowing beforehand that there is a sin that i have fought before or i know that will try to KOS me. it will save me lots of detection pots lol ;3 **looks at list of names, oh hey i dont like him. use detection pot: now kill** problem? b:laugh

Great, now enjoy using that huge light-show and get yourself instaganked. - -
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

How they levelled has no bearing on the skill's usefulness. A lvl 105 assassin who levelled without goonz (I know of 3 on my server) will not get knocked out of stealth by this skill, same as a lvl 105 who used 'goonz glitch'.

You know 3? I can tell you that's a lie. ONLY 1 or 2 SINs(max) was lv. 105 before goonz. It was huge thread of congratulation to him, even from GM's(don't remember his name). His was doing FC very, very long time prior goonz discovered to get to lv. 105
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

To start:

There is nothing wrong with this skill! It fulfills a function that no other skill in the game does; namely, you can now know who is around you even if you aren't high enough level to see them with a detection apoth. Even the seeker skill to raise detection level won't let you know if a 105 assassin is nearby, unless the seeker is 105 him/herself. *I* can't tell if there are other 105 assassins close by, but this skill can. If for that reason only, this skill would be powerful. But there's more!

Not quite. Seeker third eye gives them 31 stealth detection levels so a 104 Seeker will see a 105 Sin hiding in Stealth. It's only when the 105 Sin force stealths (thereby getting 31 stealth lvls himself) that only 105 Seekers can see him.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Is it really too much to ask for them to change the skill to allow mystics to just see (and I mean just see, not be able to attack and thus pop) higher level sins? All I really wanted out of this skill was the ability to give my squadmates some warning in PVP like "Oh Longie, that sin just double-sparked behind you! Watch out!" I mean, the skill's description sounded like that was what it was going to be and that it isn't is really disappointing and makes the skill utterly useless unless you are 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • malakissdfdfgd
    malakissdfdfgd Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    @Traz
    Dude you are either a gm alt or your IQ is below 70

What part of what longknife or even eoria wrote you dont understand?

A foking legit 105 HAS the right to not be poped out from a 101 lvl seeker cause he EARNED it but lvling his *** out not "GIVEN" to him as a present of ABUSING A BANNABLE GLITCH.

we are having a conversation about how things would be more balanced and you CANT convince anyone that the skill is awsome cause simply it's NOT

It doesnt matter if pwi ****ed up on goons glitch.It's just that this skill DOESNT bring any balance so yeah it SUCKS

P.s hope caps help you abitb:bye
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Because the fact of the matter is that if you take a perfectly played sin and make it fight a perfectly-played anything else, the sin will win.

Seeker.

/post
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

To start:

Tell me what is underpowered about knocking ALL assassins out of stealth who are your level or lower? There is nothing wrong with that, can we agree?

If you'll just think about the skill in and of itself for a moment, you'll see that its a very powerful skill (50m detection range is very large, and 25meter radius knock-out-of-stealth range is hardly insubstantial). And complaining about the graphics is kinda 'durr...' when practically every new skill has flashy graphics. (Wasn't that what people wanted? Better graphics?)

Now:

The second issue is the fact that some of the assassins you might like to knock out of stealth won't be knocked out of stealth because they are higher level than you. Many of you apparently feel there should be no reward for being higher level; you want to be able to, at any level apparently, be able to see all of those higher level assassins. In other words, you want to anul the advantage that others have in having obtained a higher level. (Tell me know, what sort of game would this be if there wasn't an advantage for being higher level?)

How they levelled has no bearing on the skill's usefulness. A lvl 105 assassin who levelled without goonz (I know of 3 on my server) will not get knocked out of stealth by this skill, same as a lvl 105 who used 'goonz glitch'. How they got that lvl doesn't change what the skill does. The skill does what it says it does: it detects stealthed players. PWI players misinterpreted that to be 'being able to target those stealthed players', but the skill didn't say that, did it.

Also, here are some other thoughts to chew on.

(a) Last time I checked, there are a lot of lvl 100-102 assassins pking as well. Assuming you are a 102 mystic, your skill will work just fine on them.

(b) Unless you've all forgotten, archers can stealth now. They can't move very far though, so your skill will be very effective for pulling them out of stealth, won't it; use skill near where you saw the archer disappear.

(c) If your mystic was 105, the skill is very powerful indeed, agreed? If the enemy assassin is 102 or lower, the skill is very powerful indeed, agreed? There is NOTHING wrong with the skill itself. Stop confusing the issue of "how effective the skill is" with "what level the assassins are".

Cheers,

Azzazin

GOON glitchers sure gota defend there right to say skill is working as intended becouse they know they are safe as it is atm. what a joke do anybody even listen to this fellow.
  • HardTimes - Lost City
    HardTimes - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    plz ppl use your brain's. the skill as is works just fine. i dont care if i can or cannot see the sin's with this skill. all i need is to know their is a sin around me, and not only dose this skill let you know that but also gives you their name. so if your looking for a sin to kill and or your looking to defend yourself from 1 sin that is targeting you. so this skill now lets you know said sin is around so you can better defend yourself.

you complain this skill sucks bc you cant target or see the sin. i say its amazing. even if it can not kick the sin im fighting out of stealth knowing he is around is the one thing that will give me a jump on my attacker/target.

**look at list find sin that KOS me** (use detection pot) **kill sin**

**looks at list again, see no sin around** (saves detection pot for later)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Options
    plz ppl use your brain's. the skill as is works just fine. i dont care if i can or cannot see the sin's with this skill. all i need is to know their is a sin around me, and not only dose this skill let you know that but also gives you their name. so if your looking for a sin to kill and or your looking to defend yourself from 1 sin that is targeting you. so this skill now lets you know said sin is around so you can better defend yourself.

you complain this skill sucks bc you cant target or see the sin. i say its amazing. even if it can not kick the sin im fighting out of stealth knowing he is around is the one thing that will give me a jump on my attacker/target.

I want whatever magical detect pots you're using that lets you pop 105 sins at level 101.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I want whatever magical detect pots you're using that lets you pop 105 sins at level 101.

Not all sins are 105...majority of sins stop at 100-102. the only go higher if they are in TW, PVP daily, or otherwise need a boost in their stealth lvl.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hopefully this new instance will actually give everyone a chance to level to 105, and so hopefully people will stop (rightfully) complain about the goon glitchers.
    (^ using two times the same word in the same sentence sometimes its annoying)
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This thread has started to get entertaining now. b:pleased
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Not all sins are 105...majority of sins stop at 100-102. the only go higher if they are in TW, PVP daily, or otherwise need a boost in their stealth lvl.

Derpa derp. Do you even PVP at all? The majority of the sins that do PVP on HL (and I'm going to bet on all other servers as well) are 104/105 and it's via goon glitch (the only mostly legit 105 on HL is a BM that would've hit 105 in about a month more anyway if the glitch wasn't discovered). I want to be able to see level 105 sins in daily PVP so I can support better. I don't even ask that I be able to pop them out of stealth. Just that I can see and thus rely information. It is apparently too much to ask the devs to balance ****ing sins and stealth though so I'm wasting my time.
    Hopefully this new instance will actually give everyone a chance to level to 105, and so hopefully people will stop (rightfully) complain about the goon glitchers.

I do hope that A. this instance will give massive amounts of EXP and B. you can do it more than once a day unlike Phoenix Valley currently. Otherwise, it'll pretty much be pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• charles
    charles Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Jee go back to some instance cause obvoiusly you have no idea what you are talking about
    Btw Longknife and Eoria pretty much said everything
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    *makes note of yet another useless decent skill.

I hate to say I told you so.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Derpa derp. Do you even PVP at all? The majority of the sins that do PVP on HL (and I'm going to bet on all other servers as well) are 104/105 and it's via goon glitch (the only mostly legit 105 on HL is a BM that would've hit 105 in about a month more anyway if the glitch wasn't discovered). I want to be able to see level 105 sins in daily PVP so I can support better. I don't even ask that I be able to pop them out of stealth. Just that I can see and thus rely information. It is apparently too much to ask the devs to balance ****ing sins and stealth though so I'm wasting my time.

I do hope that A. this instance will give massive amounts of EXP and B. you can do it more than once a day unlike Phoenix Valley currently. Otherwise, it'll pretty much be pointless.

I PK on both this BM and my 101 sin. Not all sins on LC are 105, hell majority that PK are 100-103. The 105's are only in a few guilds (Insurrect, Vengeful, Stalkers, Instinct) and they don't PK unless they bring out at least 5 other people from their guild.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrazyMig - Lost City
    CrazyMig - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

why dont you just stop playing on your server and join LC. i can only name 5 sin's that are 104-105 that actually do pvp. Bait, ***_***_IN, MoToLeGeNdX, Ur_Bad, JackDRipper. and not all of them rpk. those are the only sin's my magic detection pots don't work on :P but the army of sin's out there that it will work for is just simply too many to name. Most sin's on LC are in fact only lv 100-103. hell i can only name 2 lv 103 sin's that pk. PureXHeart. and Knight_Blew. you have little to no chance to find any sin higher then lv 102 that i didnt name in real pvp. b:bye
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

-WORDS WERE HERE-

Cheers,

Azzazin

Finally some totally unbiased level 105 sin comes by to talk some sense into your greedy, lazy Mystics. b:victory
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Another reason to quit. New games finally coming. And PWI can play with this FAIL expansion alone.b:angry
    Almost no skill works as described.

I d0nt even get why y0u p0st things like this....I saw y0u in a S0T squad like 2 weeks ag0....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I read the entire forum. The skill doesn't seem that bad but, once again, goon glitchers are rewarded. Let's just admit it folks, those who legitimately made it to 105 are like .001% of the PWI population. They're not worth mentioning.

I'm currently in Luminance and was going to Shroud next, but maybe when I'm closer to 105 I'll give it a shot... which is probably next year... or two.
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I read the entire forum. The skill doesn't seem that bad but, once again, goon glitchers are rewarded. Let's just admit it folks, those who legitimately made it to 105 are like .001% of the PWI population. They're not worth mentioning.

rules for when you find a glitch to level:
    1. Don't tell anyone
    2. Level to MaxLv
    3. Tell everyone how hard it was
    4. Share your knowledge with few people/spread rumors to make pw investigate
    5. Wait for pw fixing the glitch
    6. Laught at people that level the "hard" way
    7. Quit playing
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I think assassins got that +30 more stealth level with "share the stealth skill" as well ;s

That's what i been hearing!

But anyways back on topic, i've been trying it out, i mean it's ok, it does let you know who's hiding or who's about to jump you, but that's about it.

Lets compare it into Good and Bad (kinda like that overlapping circle thing)

Good:
    Allows you to know who's around

Knocks stealthed characters that are your level or below

Very short cooldown (only 90 seconds)

Uses no chi

low mana consumption

no channel/cast

Bad:
    Doesn't let you actually see them

If they're above your level, you're out of luck

You're predictable with the (Level up light show). They will just run away since they have 6 seconds before the massive aoe appears (only 25 meters and does not work in air)

Doesn't stick to it's name (Detect). Really just reminds me of a Detection Potion. (seriously, change the detection potions to the same mechanism as third eye then, or rename them instead of "Detection Potion".

You must have all filters off, or hold "CTRL" to knock out "ALL assassins your level or below"

Fixes:
    Let it work like a detection potion (like in the theater of blood) It lets you see them for 6 seconds... you guys really think 6 seconds is alot? you won't have time to take them out, but will see their position for a quick second.

Take out the big flashy level up circle, and animate the eye instead (omg i hate that)

I think that's about it for the fixes i'd recommend.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    You really should read bout cornered beast. I`ve laughed my *** off how barbs are given deaden nerves V2.0. Oh it doesnt only heal 40%(2x the amount of lvl10 deaden nerves) instead of dying but it will also purify the barb and give him 2 sparks. Oh well, barbs needed some loving,

Is this true? I've not logged in in a while. If a barb dies and owns this skill, he's a **** barb lol. Is TW just who can get 4 catas on the crystal quicker?
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    You really should read bout cornered beast. I`ve laughed my *** off how barbs are given deaden nerves V2.0. Oh it doesnt only heal 40%(2x the amount of lvl10 deaden nerves) instead of dying but it will also purify the barb and give him 2 sparks. Oh well, barbs needed some loving,

Demon deaden nerves heals 35% so it's only 5% more than my sin's current deaden :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Is this true? I've not logged in in a while. If a barb dies and owns this skill, he's a **** barb lol. Is TW just who can get 4 catas on the crystal quicker?

The skill lasts few minutes and has decent CD. Basically barb gets another life but I dont know of anybody who has enough prestige in Shroud to have that skill yet. I myself need few weeks for it as I`ve been postponing my Morai dailies so much. But from what I remember bout the CDs etc. You cant use it twice on the same push unless you can stay in the base w/o that skill anyways. It will likely change some patterns of catapullers and make the bursting of catabarb that much harder but I dont think it makes barb "unkillable".
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I d0nt even get why y0u p0st things like this....I saw y0u in a S0T squad like 2 weeks ag0....

As I stated before just killing time waiting for new games.b:victory
    Then I'll give accounts to my kids.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hmm...so when I use the skill after the sin casts shadow escape (the only real use for it, honestly) the sin simply just walks out of range before the eye activates....or he clicks his aerogear button...LOL.

This kills all motivation to lvl my mystic to 105, or even get the skill, or to even bother logging into the game...

Maybe I can pretend to be like "omg lvl 106" in a squad and troll everyone with the skill....

GG pwi lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Closed for necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
This discussion has been closed.