Assassins Rejoice

Options
The_owner - Lost City
The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
"Mystical Eye" skill didn't live up to what was expected.

It doesn't "See you" in stealth, it pastes your name on a "Nearby players" (called detect sheet) and that's it. I actually thought it would allow you to see an assassin. Like the Detection Pots?

By the way, you can't click on them if they appear on the little "nearby players page (detect sheet)".

Oh and thanks to that dragoon glitch, the 25 meters doesn't matter because of 102-105 sins!

Very disappointed for real. Thought this would balance something out. I think seekers got the good end of the stick for detecting

Lets compare it into Good and Bad (kinda like a Venn Diagram)

Good:
Allows you to know who's around

Knocks stealthed characters that are your level or below

Very short cooldown (only 90 seconds)

Uses no chi

low mana consumption

no channel/cast

Bad:
Doesn't let you actually see them

If they're above your level, you're out of luck

You're predictable with the (Level up light show). They will just run away since they have 6 seconds before the massive aoe appears (only 25 meters and does not work in air)

Doesn't stick to it's name (Detect). Really just reminds me of a Detection Potion. (seriously, change the detection potions to the same mechanism as third eye then, or rename them instead of "Detection Potion".

You must have all filters off, or hold "CTRL" to knock out "ALL assassins your level or below"

Fixes:
Let it work like a detection potion (like in the theater of blood) It lets you see them for 6 seconds... you guys really think 6 seconds is alot? you won't have time to take them out, but will see their position for a quick second.

Take out the big flashy level up circle, and animate the eye instead (omg i hate that)

I think that's about it for the fixes i'd recommend.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/assassinsrejoice.jpg/
Post edited by The_owner - Lost City on

Comments

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Ahaha. I really want to see anybody calling how the levels from goon glitch doesnt matter at all. That`s just so funny. The mystics whom glitched goons have a major advantage as they do be the only ones able to drop most sins outta stealth. And the lower sins? They arent only seen by higher sins but also get kicked outta stealth.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well.. that's idiotic. I thought PWI was actually trying to balance out sins but once again theres just a half-assed attempt. Knowing a sin is around you is pointless if you can't click on them.. because chances are, if they're in stealth, near you, they're going in for the kill soon anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Solution: Delevel all sins to 101.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well.. that's idiotic. I thought PWI was actually trying to balance out sins but once again theres just a half-assed attempt. Knowing a sin is around you is pointless if you can't click on them.. because chances are, if they're in stealth, near you, they're going in for the kill soon anyway.

As long as the Sin is at Mystic's level or lower and within 25 meters, the skill kicks them out of stealth.
  • The_owner - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Options
    As long as the Sin is at Mystic's level or lower and within 25 meters, the skill kicks them out of stealth.

Did i mention that you know when they use it?

It's a big light show. (like you've leveld up) that goes around you. They can be flying above you, and just drop down after they see that.

Assassins rejoice! b:surrender
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Solution: Delevel all sins to 101.

no solution delevel everyone who glitched to 101
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Options

Most sins that PVP on HL are at least 103, if not 104/105. There is a grand total of like three mystics on the entire server that are 103 and none are higher than that. Skill is useless for these situations.
    no solution delevel everyone who glitched to 101

Real solution: reduce level cap to 101 or reinstate goons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• The_owner - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Options
    or make it so mystics can actually see sins? not just 'detect'?

Detect is really pointless. Im really really disappointed in this game right now.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Options
    or make it so mystics can actually see sins? not just 'detect'?

Detect is really pointless. Im really really disappointed in this game right now.

Detect would be fine if it worked like a detect pot and not "oh hai, here's a pop-up box of all the people that are going to kill you in the next ten seconds".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Detect would be fine if it worked like a detect pot and not "oh hai, here's a pop-up box of all the people that are going to kill you in the next ten seconds".

lol

I agree to OP,its freaking lame
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    u guys r kinda confusing...

so the mystic skill gives u a box with a list of all stealthed sins around u, and knocks out the ones the mystic's lv or below?
  • malakissdfdfgd
    malakissdfdfgd Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ok so we had to swallow the damage reduction you do to 105's when you are 101
    We swallowed that we could not detect 105's sins when we are 101
    Then all of a sudden a small "light" i the horizon that mystic in squad would make a fight against sins more "fair"
    But nooooooooooooooo the glitchers are not punished they just got another privillege
    Way to go pwi
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    shashahah wrote: »
    u guys r kinda confusing...

so the mystic skill gives u a box with a list of all stealthed sins around u, and knocks out the ones the mystic's lv or below?

From what I gather:

Pop up box listing all sins within 50 meters your level or lower
    Knocks out any of those said sins within 25 meters of you
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • The_owner - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Options
    From what I gather:

Pop up box listing all sins within 50 meters your level or lower
    Knocks out any of those said sins within 25 meters of you

This. Plus mystic gets a light show around them. so you got about 6 seconds to move away to safety so the mystic don't get you. If you're 102+ sin, just sit next to them, it wont do anything.

This skill blows.

Btw the box pops out and just gives you names of "All" sins in stealth within 50 meters. It does not tell you where they are.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This. Plus mystic gets a light show around them. so you got about 6 seconds to move away to safety so the mystic don't get you. If you're 102+ sin, just sit next to them, it wont do anything.

This skill blows.

Btw the box pops out and just gives you names of "All" sins in stealth within 50 meters. It does not tell you where they are.

It knocks all sins within 25 meters of you out of stealth so how does that "blow?" That does more for anyone around you then a stealth pot would as the stealth pot only lets you see the sins, but now anyone sees them since they are knocked out. Not even stealth pots let 101s see 102+ sins so do those pots blow too? This skill isn't going to let you see any sin within 50 meters like a stealth pot because it's already knocking sins out of stealth that are within 25 meters of you. You can't have it both ways, and that's the balance of the skill.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I gotta question why the hell i'm in shroud then going for this skill next...dammit >.> was excited for the skill too. b:angry
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Another reason to quit. New games finally coming. And PWI can play with this FAIL expansion alone.b:angry
    Almost no skill works as described.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    last thing u said is not entirely true....theres some stealth detection pots from maiden-kissed chests (i think its been the ones u got from buying a stack of xxx-packs), which increases ur stealth detection lv so much (dont remember the exact amount, just remember its been that way since i tested) that u can see sins YOUR OWN LV

means if ur lv105 and eat that pot, u can see lv105 sins
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Another reason to quit. New games finally coming. And PWI can play with this FAIL expansion alone.b:angry
    Almost no skill works as described.

... Will you seriously shut the **** up with that bull **** its so annoying seeing every post of yours talk about how you are gonna be going to that new game. you know what? good for you gtfo and **** stay off these forums and make everyone happy. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ... Will you seriously shut the **** up with that bull **** its so annoying seeing every post of yours talk about how you are gonna be going to that new game. you know what? good for you gtfo and **** stay off these forums and make everyone happy. b:bye
    Are you mad.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Are you mad.b:laugh

no I am just sick of seeing your useless *** post about a game that isn't even gonna be that good. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It knocks all sins within 25 meters of you out of stealth how does that "blow?" That does more for anyone around you then a stealth pot would as the stealth pot only lets you see now anyone sees since they are knocked out. If you need to level more then go level more, nothing is stopping you. Not even stealth pots let 101s see 102+ sins so do those pots blow too?

It's BS because most sins that PVP nowadays are 105 via a glitch that is no longer available for any mystics to take advantage of. This entire thing just reeks of them trying to NOT nerf sins into the ground when they really really need to be.

Also, they could've simply made it the same detection buff you get in Theater of Blood now that basically lets you see all sins regardless of their level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Thisssssssssssss. - - Players who didn't abuse the glitch are screwed once again. :\

Switching to Luminance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Options
    no I am just sick of seeing your useless *** post about a game that isn't even gonna be that good. b:bye

That good as PWI is? You must be kidding.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    That good as PWI is? You must be kidding.b:chuckle

That game I wouldn't even wipe my *** with that you are going to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It's BS because most sins that PVP nowadays are 105 via a glitch that is no longer available for any mystics to take advantage of. This entire thing just reeks of them trying to NOT nerf sins into the ground when they really really need to be.

Also, they could've simply made it the same detection buff you get in Theater of Blood now that basically lets you see all sins regardless of their level.

You mean like every wiz / mystic / psy / veno / archer / barb / bm that's 105 is also that level due to it... so again why are you complaining? You're problem isn't about the skill then just like I thought. The skill is OP and awesome.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Why lower cap to 101? There are plenty of people that got 102 and 103 through hyper frost without goon glitch, so getting those levels is a matter of being lazy or not.

The second part I agree with
    edited March 2012
    Options
    That game I wouldn't even wipe my *** with that you are going to.

Your choice. If you like playing this..

R9 in CS
    Buy to win gear
    Years old glitches
    Absolutely unbalanced classes and environment
    11, 12 orbs in boutique(huge fail)
    Ignorance from PWI management
    Not working skills as described (new and old)
    Illegally gained levels.

Than be it and good luck.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Your choice. If you like playing this..

R9 in CS
    Buy to win gear
    Years old glitches
    Absolutely unbalanced classes
    11, 12 orbs in boutique(huge fail)
    Ignorance from PWI management
    Not working skills as described (new and old)
    Illegally gained levels.

Than be it and good luck.b:pleased

Yet here you are so displeased with this game and still you go to the forums on a daily basis and play the game. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You mean like every wiz / mystic / psy / veno / archer / barb / bm that's 105 is also that level due to it... so again why are you complaining? You're problem isn't about the skill then just like I thought. The skill is OP and awesome.

The problem is with the skill. The majority of pvpers on our server that are 105 are sins.(Well, the majority in general) The ones that benefit most from 105 are sins. The skill is not OP, it's not awesome, it's balanced, but only if you're 105. It's not like sins need stealth to be OP. I'm also kinda getting a bit annoyed at how many people are seriously trying to downplay the advantages of 105 anyway. It's bad enough most of the server does reduced dmg to them. :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.