When it finishes installing it opens up notepad

Options
alamander3
alamander3 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Support Desk
[autorun]
open=Install.exe
icon=icon.ico
is what it says, i really want to play this. Please Help!
Post edited by alamander3 on

Comments

• bladesofthegods
    bladesofthegods Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Me too it opens notepad after download
  • lightcharm
    lightcharm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Same thing happened to me after a recent re-install of the game.
    "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." -John3:16
  • carrnj2
    carrnj2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yeah, I'm having the same problem
  • PUMPUM - Lost City
    PUMPUM - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    same here. it would be really nice if someone would actually help
  • Thundernikk - Heavens Tear
    Thundernikk - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Looks like the game is opening the INI file for auto run instead of correctly using the INI file to run...

Install.exe

Can you loctae the download location you saved the files to and manually execute Install.exe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Looks like the game is opening the INI file for auto run instead of correctly using the INI file to run...

Install.exe

Can you loctae the download location you saved the files to and manually execute Install.exe?

This is the solution. Same happened to me a few days ago, have to manually click install.exe
    <3 b:cute
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Also remember, if you're on Vista or newer, right-click install.exe and select "Run as Administrator". It's also good to temporarily disable the active/real-time scan for your antivirus software. (Turn it back on when it's done installing and add the client directory to the exceptions list.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PUMPUM - Lost City
    PUMPUM - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    um. iv tried it few days ago, but it didnt do anything.
  • friedlizman
    friedlizman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i know a solution too, if you go to PWI_Descent_installer, then click on the cube icon with install as name. if you do that, a bigger screen will pop-up and ask you if you agree, do that and then it will ask you if you want to verify the data that went lost during the first download. this may take a few minutes. then it will update your game, and this will also take a few minutes. then it will ask you if you want a desktop shortcut, to launch the game and if you want to see the destination folders. thats not a problem. and then its finished and you can play the game.

b:victory
  • arynchris
    arynchris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i know a solution too, if you go to PWI_Descent_installer, then click on the cube icon with install as name. if you do that, a bigger screen will pop-up and ask you if you agree, do that and then it will ask you if you want to verify the data that went lost during the first download. this may take a few minutes. then it will update your game, and this will also take a few minutes. then it will ask you if you want a desktop shortcut, to launch the game and if you want to see the destination folders. thats not a problem. and then its finished and you can play the game.

This. I was confused, too, but the answer is to click on the "install" with the ornate gold box icon.

I feel so dumb running this game. I've never played an MMO (unless ********* counts, which it doesn't), and on top of that, I'm not used to Windows... feels a lot like running under water.
  • charlotter
    charlotter Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hi I am trying to download the game, but I keep getting a notepad pop up saying
    [autorun]
    open=Install.exe
    icon=icon.ico

It is fine on the installer until i click accept then it crashes and pops up the notepad, please can somebody help me with this?

I have done all the troubleshooting turned anitvirus off, turned UAC control off, open as admin everything im just lost at the moment and would really like to play.
  • shintoku9
    shintoku9 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Please can someone help me, after i download it it comes up with Notepad, i see many other people have had this problem, how and where do i open Installer.Exe as it says Etc=open=Install.exe
    icon=icon.ico, please help , thankyou :3
  • shintoku9
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Okay, i think i have it now, sorry.
  • shintoku9
    edited April 2012
    Options
    arynchris wrote: »
    This. I was confused, too, but the answer is to click on the "install" with the ornate gold box icon.

I feel so dumb running this game. I've never played an MMO (unless ********* counts, which it doesn't), and on top of that, I'm not used to Windows... feels a lot like running under water.
    I have just tried what he said, it's verifying, i think it's going to work..
  • axelzero93
    axelzero93 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'm looking for PWI_Descent_installer but there is no such file. Ive been downloading for three days and this is a serious let down. anymore tips?
  • baysideraiders1
    baysideraiders1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    charlotter wrote: »
    Hi I am trying to download the game, but I keep getting a notepad pop up saying
    [autorun]
    open=Install.exe
    icon=icon.ico

It is fine on the installer until i click accept then it crashes and pops up the notepad, please can somebody help me with this?

I have done all the troubleshooting turned anitvirus off, turned UAC control off, open as admin everything im just lost at the moment and would really like to play.

hey im haveing the same prob did you find a way to fix it
  • baysideraiders1
    baysideraiders1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    what did you do to fix it!!!
    edited April 2012
    Options
    hey im haveing the same prob did you find a way to fix it
    what did you do to fix it!!!
    What's really sad is that the answer is on the first page of this thread. It's also posted in 20 or 30 other threads that you can find by using the search feature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scravvy
    scravvy Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    What's really sad is that the answer is on the first page of this thread. It's also posted in 20 or 30 other threads that you can find by using the search feature.

Don't be so quick to assume. This seems to be a very common issue lately. It happened to me, but nobody seems to give enough details of their issue.

AFTER downloading the game through pando media booster, it completes, but no new folder is created. It's as if pando never extracted files. Perfect World folders are nowhere to be found.

Just call me a windows expert so I don't need to explain the search I went through. The file doesn't exist.

This isn't a "help me find my file" issue. There's an issue with PW direct download, pando, or windows. I can't pin point, but I would guess it's something to do with pando since many people have issues with it.

To people who share the same issue, I can only recommend using the torrented download option.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    scravvy wrote: »
    Don't be so quick to assume. This seems to be a very common issue lately. It happened to me, but nobody seems to give enough details of their issue.

AFTER downloading the game through pando media booster, it completes, but no new folder is created. It's as if pando never extracted files. Perfect World folders are nowhere to be found.

Just call me a windows expert so I don't need to explain the search I went through. The file doesn't exist.

This isn't a "help me find my file" issue. There's an issue with PW direct download, pando, or windows. I can't pin point, but I would guess it's something to do with pando since many people have issues with it.

To people who share the same issue, I can only recommend using the torrented download option.
    Quick to assume what?
    Here, let me help... these are the posts that contain the answer.

Install.exe

Look, I'm even highlighting the details.

Not only is this not the first of many threads on the subject, but at the time of the responders that I quoted above, it was not even the only thread with an answer on the forum wall that day.

Now for your issue, sounds like something is preventing Pando from extracting the files. Probably anti-virus or anti-malware software. In most cases, it's just people not being computer-smart enough to find anything. In their cases they should post "I looked ___ and ___ but can't seem to find the files where you guys have said they should be". Then I would respond with "they should be ___ or ___, if not do a search for _______ and see what shows up". Or something similar. Sadly, most people don't post that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • havefun2012
    havefun2012 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    the easiest way to find the installer when you have the problem with notepad is :

You search it with the searching funktion. You have to write there : Perfect World ..
  • theboredguy
    theboredguy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    hi im trying to download this game for the first time and i dont know how to manually open that file?
  • niiketo
    niiketo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I tried using the torrent download however it doesn't auto run once it is installed. I also used winRar and 7-zip to open up the download torrent in an attempt to download the game. Both programs were incapable of opening said torrent file. Winrar would notify me with unknown format or damaged. 7-zip error message would notify me that this file was somehow archived so it won't work.

I can't find where the game has installed into. I did find Pando Networks>>Media Booster file.

After my game is installed, when I try to reinstall it, it opens up that notepad with the same information that guy has

I have also used the searching function in windows 7 to attempt to find the file, no luck.

I have also tried using this solution method via PWI_Descent_installer but I can not find said installer. I searched for it via the search function in windows 7.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    niiketo wrote: »
    I tried using the torrent download however it doesn't auto run once it is installed. I also used winRar and 7-zip to open up the download torrent in an attempt to download the game. Both programs were incapable of opening said torrent file. Winrar would notify me with unknown format or damaged. 7-zip error message would notify me that this file was somehow archived so it won't work.

I can't find where the game has installed into. I did find Pando Networks>>Media Booster file.

After my game is installed, when I try to reinstall it, it opens up that notepad with the same information that guy has

I have also used the searching function in windows 7 to attempt to find the file, no luck.

I have also tried using this solution method via PWI_Descent_installer but I can not find said installer. I searched for it via the search function in windows 7.
    ok, torrenting for dummies.....

1. Download and install torrent software. (I recommend utorrent.)
    2. Once the download is finished, go to the directory your completed downloads are in and you will see a file named "PWI_v621_Installer.rar".
    This is a compressed file. you will need something to unpack it. (I use ALZip)
    If you right-click on the file, there should be an option to "Extract to 'PWI_v621_Installer\'". Click that and it will unpack the file into a directory with the same name as the file.
    3. Temporarily disable the active scan for your antivirus software.
    4. Once the file is done unpacking, navigate to that folder. (Hint: It should be "Downloads\PWI_v621_Installer".
    5. In this folder there is a file called "install.exe". Run it. (If you have Vista or newer, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator.
    6. Follow the directions to install the client.
    7. After the client is done installing, add the directory where it installed to the exceptions list for your antivirus software. (The default folder location is "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International")
    8. Launch the client using the icon that was placed on your desktop during the install and let it update.
    8b. Launch the client and then close it before it updates, and then download the manual patches and install them. (Manual method is about 80% faster than automatic.)
    9. Play
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • niiketo
    niiketo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Install.exe

ok, torrenting for dummies.....

1. Download and install torrent software. (I recommend utorrent.)
    2. Once the download is finished, go to the directory your completed downloads are in and you will see a file named "PWI_v621_Installer.rar".
    This is a compressed file. you will need something to unpack it. (I use ALZip)
    If you right-click on the file, there should be an option to "Extract to 'PWI_v621_Installer\'". Click that and it will unpack the file into a directory with the same name as the file.
    3. Temporarily disable the active scan for your antivirus software.
    4. Once the file is done unpacking, navigate to that folder. (Hint: It should be "Downloads\PWI_v621_Installer".
    5. In this folder there is a file called "install.exe". Run it. (If you have Vista or newer, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator.
    6. Follow the directions to install the client.
    7. After the client is done installing, add the directory where it installed to the exceptions list for your antivirus software. (The default folder location is "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International")
    8. Launch the client using the icon that was placed on your desktop during the install and let it update.
    8b. Launch the client and then close it before it updates, and then download the manual patches and install them. (Manual method is about 80% faster than automatic.)
    9. Play

I do appreciate your assistance however I wont be able to enact your methods of installation until thursday due to net connectivity issues. As soon as I am able to test the torrent method; I will post an update on my current situation.
  • Manaswagg - Harshlands
    Manaswagg - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Ok i did what you said friedlizman and i got to the update part and it wont updated.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Ok i did what you said friedlizman and i got to the update part and it wont updated.
    This happens because you did not follow the instructions on the Downloads page, (and that I've posted a couple hundred times now), to add the client directory to the exceptions (exclusions) list of your security software.

What happens is that your antivirus software detects a sting in the file that is calling for data on the linux server as a Word macro virus. Subsequently, your security software "cleans" the file and now they fail the CRC check that the patcher runs when you launch it. So the patcher tells you that you need to update, it downloads, and then the file gets "Cleaned" again. Rinse and repeat.

If you don't know how to add the game folder to the exception (exclusion) list for your software, go look for help on the manufacturer's website.
    that will fix it
    I also mentioned this in the steps I posted above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lonetree1
    lonetree1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I had to go to the file and right click and manually install--lets see if it works.....
  • perilouskitteh
    perilouskitteh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Searching "Install.exe" the GoldenBox showed up, So I click that.

Do you want to allow this following program to make changes to this computer?

Program name : MFC
    Verified Publisher : Perfect World Entertainment, Inc.
    File Origin : Hard drive on this computer

Yes/No

Yes, so I click yes and it just disappears. Each time it disappears.
    I don't understand. Am I deleting the file or running it?
  • ketsuekiookami
    ketsuekiookami Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    This was all very helpful, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.