When it finishes installing it opens up notepad

2»

Comments

• skillztolive
    skillztolive Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also remember, if you're on Vista or newer, right-click install.exe and select "Run as Administrator". It's also good to temporarily disable the active/real-time scan for your antivirus software. (Turn it back on when it's done installing and add the client directory to the exceptions list.)

thanks dude it worked
  • lunara1411
    lunara1411 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok so the direct download same problem as everyone else...I tried the torret download but it's not working, only a box pops up saying Windows can't open this file.
    Anyone know how to correct that?
  • lunara1411
    lunara1411 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Quick to assume what?
    Here, let me help... these are the posts that contain the answer.

Look, I'm even highlighting the details.

Not only is this not the first of many threads on the subject, but at the time of the responders that I quoted above, it was not even the only thread with an answer on the forum wall that day.

Now for your issue, sounds like something is preventing Pando from extracting the files. Probably anti-virus or anti-malware software. In most cases, it's just people not being computer-smart enough to find anything. In their cases they should post "I looked ___ and ___ but can't seem to find the files where you guys have said they should be". Then I would respond with "they should be ___ or ___, if not do a search for _______ and see what shows up". Or something similar. Sadly, most people don't post that.

That's good and all but I DON'T have that file on my computer I know how to look up files and it's not there.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2012
    lunara1411 wrote: »
    That's good and all but I DON'T have that file on my computer I know how to look up files and it's not there.

Then you didn't download the game.

Try again from the beginning, and this time, pay attention to the folder you select for it to save the files to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oilpainting
    oilpainting Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also remember, if you're on Vista or newer, right-click install.exe and select "Run as Administrator". It's also good to temporarily disable the active/real-time scan for your antivirus software. (Turn it back on when it's done installing and add the client directory to the exceptions list.)

I'm going around in circles now. I've followed every instruction to the letter but I have no option to run as administrator or anything else for that matter when I right click on install.exe. Double clicking tells me JPGI.dll is missing from my computer. The file is there but is connected to notepad and I don't know which file to select (if any) to make it work. This is my third day trying to sort this programme out. What am I doing wrong?
    edited July 2012
    I'm going around in circles now. I've followed every instruction to the letter but I have no option to run as administrator or anything else for that matter when I right click on install.exe. Double clicking tells me JPGI.dll is missing from my computer. The file is there but is connected to notepad and I don't know which file to select (if any) to make it work. This is my third day trying to sort this programme out. What am I doing wrong?

TBH, I don't have a clue what you're doing wrong. Clicking install.exe to run the install after you've downloaded the client is a pretty simple process for anyone halfway familiar with how to run a computer.

Try using the torrent method.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oilpainting
    edited July 2012
    TBH, I don't have a clue what you're doing wrong. Clicking install.exe to run the install after you've downloaded the client is a pretty simple process for anyone halfway familiar with how to run a computer.

Try using the torrent method.

The install.exe (which I can only find in the torrent files, not on my computer) doesn't have the function to run. Double clicking tells me the JPGI.dll file is missing ... but it's there on the download. I'm at a loss!
    edited July 2012
    The install.exe (which I can only find in the torrent files, not on my computer) doesn't have the function to run. Double clicking tells me the JPGI.dll file is missing ... but it's there on the download. I'm at a loss!

Well the torrent files downloads a compressed file which you have to extract in order to use. If you're just trying to run install.exe from inside of the package that won't work.
    Follow the directions carefully. Pay particular attention to step 3. Looks like you're missing that part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oilpainting
    edited August 2012
    Well the torrent files downloads a compressed file which you have to extract in order to use. If you're just trying to run install.exe from inside of the package that won't work.
    Follow the directions carefully. Pay particular attention to step 3. Looks like you're missing that part.

Thank you for all your help, I do appreciate it. I finally got the game to install and verified lots of times but it freezes after a few minutes, so back to the drawing board. Seems buying new equipment caused more trouble than it's worth lol at least I can still play on my vista machine. I would have loved to have resolved this problem after spending so much time on it but I'm not computer literate enough. Thanks again! :)
  • oilpainting
    edited September 2012
    An update! After MANY verifications which gave extra minutes before freezing I followed a suggestion from a friend and changed the screen res in game to 1024 x 768 and it now works! It ran for an hour and a half and I actually got to close it down instead of using the task manager. I hope this helps someone else. Thanks again for all your help :)
  • legionxxdubstep
    legionxxdubstep Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The easiest way to get your game to download correctly on windows 7 or 8 is:
    open your start menu and search in the bar "perfect world" it will come up with three or four items click on the one that says install this will make you re-install but it will install with the .exe which is what you need after this is done make sure to click the verify files and then after if it installed correctly it will start your game launcher,
    legionxxdubstep
    -removed-
    legionxstudios@gmail.com
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.