TW Archive and Discussion Thread

Comments

• Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The names of the song's u used in ur vid xD
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    7 Minutes - The Seatbelts
    Chambers - Nujabes
    Streets of Whiterun - Skyrim OST thingy
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i thought you said "Skyrim is ***"
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i thought you said "Skyrim is ***"

He used to think skyrim was **** then he took a.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Thinking a game is ***** =/= thinking the game's soundtrack is *****
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Hudini - Harshlands
    Hudini - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    fauk watchers, might wanna not go in 1 at a time and rambo ****
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    fauk watchers, might wanna not go in 1 at a time and rambo ****

Or might wanna not mess with the Tunnel Snakes. b:cool

Also Dralighte where the hell is your vid.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Or might wanna not mess with the Tunnel Snakes. b:cool

Also Dralighte where the hell is your vid.

somewhere b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Here you go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGQeyV3sPvo&feature=youtu.be
    It should be done 1 hour after I posted this, since I'm going to job (:

I learned from the best! Like I_pk_usin or w/e her name. Always 2 sparks and to buff in stealth!!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thinking a game is ***** =/= thinking the game's soundtrack is *****

How ****ty is skyrim? b:question I was thinking of either getting that, New vegas or Oblivion
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    How ****ty is skyrim? b:question I was thinking of either getting that, New vegas or Oblivion

Get New Vegas.

Oblivion = very basic
    Skyrim = somehow worse
    New Vegas = Masterpiece

Basically, Oblivion and Skyrim have pseudo-RPG elements. You can make a character that can do anything and everything.

Skyrim manages to fail harder because your actions have no rewards or consequences; you basically have one choice on how to solve every quest, and even if you HAVE multiple options, they all lead to the same result. The quest substance is very basic and dull, with some of them literally being fetch quests in the sense that there's NO story attached to it. You don't hear "you need to go find this guy and bring him here or this bad event will happen, and once you bring him here, kittens will **** rainbows and it's gunna b awsum so do it." No, you literally get "bring this guy here please" with no explanation as to why sometimes. I've done quests where I'm told to "teach someone a lesson" by beating them up, and there's literally no dialog to explain what they did wrong. You talk to them and say "I'm here to settle things," you fight, then you win and say "you know what needs to be done" and they say "ok." THEN THAT'S IT. It's like wtf. The story that does exist sucks *** too. The dragons have no motivation for their attacks, they just do it because....well they're friggin' dragons.

Oblivion is a bit better with more story (Thieves Guild and Shivering Isles rock), but New Vegas is better.

Why is New Vegas better? Well the story is just in a league of it's own, compared to the other two, the characters are more detailed and believable, New Vegas has far more RPG elements:

-Your melee master will play loads different than your guns master, and you can really only master two skills per character, giving the game more replay value

-The weapons are actually balanced whereas in Skyrim and Oblivion they're not. Skyrim and Oblivion both have "that sword" that's the do-all end-all, the one you strive for and once you get it there's no better weapon, meaning every character ends up in the same set of armor with the same weapon. New Vegas, the "best" weapon is subjective, depending highly on what your characters stats are. Again, this means more replay value, because one game you use Gun A and have a fine time with that, another game your character is best suited for Gun E, which handles completely different.

-Your stats constantly matter. In Oblivion and Skyrim, you can solve every single problem almost at all times. New Vegas on the other hand constantly reacts to your character, checking his stats and giving your character different steps/shortcuts to a quest depending on your stats. Skyrim, by comparison, you can walk into a town as a Dark elf, witness two Nords acting racist towards a female Dark elf, then both Nords will be totally friendly with you, and the female dark elf will approach you and ask you if you're racist towards dark elves like the nords. Gee lady, tf do you think?

-The mother ****ing story of Vegas rocks. It's good in and of itself, and it's also thought-provoking. The lessons you learn in Vegas can actually be brought into real life debates. It's not just a fantasy game where there's a story about slaying a dragon to rescue a princess; it tackles real life philosophies and moral struggles and actually gets you thinking about your own morals and your own philosophies on life.

-Perks. New Vegas you unlock a perk and it unlocks a new ability. It's basically like unlocking a new skill in PWI for the first time. Skyrim, the perks....well they add more damage. 20% more damage, to be exact....Except the enemies gain 20% more health when you level up....Sooooo they completely cancel out your new perk and the gameplay feels EXACTLY the same. Wow, what a great reward....

-Decisions you make actually matter. The world will recognize your actions, you'll build up a reputation and without realizing it, your actions in town B might start a problem or a lucky event for town F. Skyrim on the other hand, you can join the rebel faction and walk right up to a member of the Legion and he won't have a flippin' clue who you are. You can be the savior of the planet (literally) and no one will notice. New Vegas actually acknowledges you. Far more than Skyrim or Oblivion.

-Personally, I find New Vegas' combat superior. Skyrim ticks me off because it has a stupid "finishing move" system that's programmed poorly. If you're about to hit an enemy and that hit WILL kill the enemy, it might trigger a finishing move, which locks you into place to show a little cinematic of you killing them. Likewise, the enemies can use these finishing moves on you. The PROBLEM is, the game only checks if the next move's damage is higher than your HP. It doesn't check if you're blocking, it doesn't check your armor rating, it doesn't check if you'll likely dodge the hit, AND it does these checks at the START of the enemy's attack, not the end when it connects. The result is I find myself spamming the ever living ***** out of healing pots in Skyrim, because if my health is below 75%, I'm at risk of immediately being one shot by the stupid finishing moves that are apparently such a boner provoker for dumbass college frat boys.
    Besides that, Skyrim and Oblivion are just **** and slash. Block, click, block, click, etc etc etc. New Vegas obviously lets you use guns or explosives or melee weapons, but even the friggin melee weapons involve more strategy, offering you perks that let you stun or knock enemies down if certain moves are performed. Skyrim has these, but only at the very very very end of the game, so yeah....

Just for the love of god, get New Vegas. Support Obsidian and this kick *** game they made, don't buy a Bethesda game and support the train wreck that is Skyrim.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Catshop_Alt - Harshlands
    Catshop_Alt - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Dark_Sun you suck. QQ
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Dark_Sun you suck. QQ

what kind of idiot bids 25m+
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    what kind of idiot bids 25m+

Yeah, CJr seriously has a surplus of neighboring guilds that bid far more than they actually earn....Tis getting old...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, CJr seriously has a surplus of neighboring guilds that bid far more than they actually earn....Tis getting old...

b:angry I be hatin dat **** >.>

& thanks for the info, when I go to the states I'll get it.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Here you go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGQeyV3sPvo&feature=youtu.be
    It should be done 1 hour after I posted this, since I'm going to job (:

I learned from the best! Like I_pk_usin or w/e her name. Always 2 sparks and to buff in stealth!!! :D

Only the pro Tideborns have Tide Form in their skillbar.

TY our only r9 in the war for killing all of their r9s.b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Only the pro Tideborns have Tide Form in their skillbar.

TY our only r9 in the war for killing all of their r9s.b:kiss

you have far to many sigs you need to pick one D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    you have far to many sigs you need to pick one D:<

But Guna insulting and complimenting me at the same time.
    But Eoria talking about ****.
    But he's overall knowledge of the class is legit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    She has a point. He's overall knowledge of the class is pretty legit
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Anyone from CJr gonna post a vid? I was just cata cleanup duty so not much to show video-wise, but it sounds like everyone on B had a party.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • herman0012
    herman0012 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for sharing information..
    HTC Mobile
  • herman0012
    herman0012 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is really fantastic blog i like it.
    free android apps
    edited March 2012
    herman0012 wrote: »
    This is really fantastic blog i like it.
    free android apps

sounds like win win to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Anyone from CJr gonna post a vid? I was just cata cleanup duty so not much to show video-wise, but it sounds like everyone on B had a party.

I will make a vid because epic sage purge.

Also because I didn't make one last week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Woneo - Lost City
    Woneo - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Wow my phone bill was $300.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited March 2012

B was off the chain yo :3
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Cytte look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KICszQNDUOA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9hGqZ0LM-M

How can a game with trailers that awsum not be good?
    And dats just two of the DLCs. b:cool

Get New Vegas you drunk.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Cytte look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KICszQNDUOA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9hGqZ0LM-M

How can a game with trailers that awsum not be good?
    And dats just two of the DLCs. b:cool

Get New Vegas you drunk.

Yea yea, I'm getting it, 1k Euros to spend when I get to the states in a month. Its on my shopping list. Along with seeing how much it costs to fix/upgrade this laptop, and maybe a PS3 or a Vita depending on how certain interviews go while in the states.

and shush people aren't supposed to know I'm drunk playing PW
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Yea yea, I'm getting it, 1k Euros to spend when I get to the states in a month. Its on my shopping list. Along with seeing how much it costs to fix/upgrade this laptop, and maybe a PS3 or a Vita depending on how certain interviews go while in the states.

and shush people aren't supposed to know I'm drunk playing PW

Dun get Vegas on PS3. Something about how Bethesda designs their game engine doesn't sit well with the PS3. Get it for PC.

Then you can also **** around with **** mods, like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VxWHm9nNOY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbb7QDILHUs
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Dun get Vegas on PS3. Something about how Bethesda designs their game engine doesn't sit well with the PS3. Get it for PC.

Then you can also **** around with **** mods, like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbb7QDILHUs

I tend to get games for PC rather than consoles, Unless its like exclusively for a certain system...then I dont really bother unless its Blazblue or pretty much any 2-d fighter then I save to get it and the console....

wow hes crazy....
    I <3 A lot of people