The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i have this problem when i try to get into pwi launcher - it says i have an update . when i try to update and i choose a patch server and click okay - it says : ERROR Please select an update server.
    Iv tryed to find a solution and i couldnot find one .
    please help me ..

Use manual update:

Newest Patches

Direct from PERFECTWORLD.COM
    Patch 621-623 (12.7MB)
    Patch 612-623 (14.4MB).
    Known issue:
    After patching ... , some players might experience an error.
    In that case, please use elementclient.exe located in the Element folder to launch the game.
  • XDeathlyMoon - Sanctuary
    XDeathlyMoon - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Use manual update:

Newest Patches

Direct from PERFECTWORLD.COM
    Patch 621-623 (12.7MB)
    Patch 612-623 (14.4MB).

it still dsnt work - should i redownload pwi ?
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    85 Pages, how many prob did u solve so far?

I bet none

And I doubt the PK area in room1 of CoF will ever be fixed, its been there for years, and you guys havent done anything.
    you just work your way around the problems with banning people who PKs there...
    thats if you ever ban them, mabye you just tell us the will get banned, just like the you did with the players that glitched to lvl 105?
    Sometimes players even hit someone on accident when they enter.

This thread is useless, and GMs lying makes the game useless.b:sad
    Dont bother posting here it wont likely get fixed anyway, atleast not in a few years.
    Just deal with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    u guys are promoting Perfect World China.Just Fix the Lighter Vendor Shop where it's clearly written www.w2i.com.cn.
    Does it mean never go to that site ?
    b:chuckle
    Or does it mean u are closing perfect world international soon ?b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • kwalamra
    kwalamra Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thank YOU!!!! My crew went to him and had to guide me the way because of this, I thought it was a friggin noob mistake.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    I was doing Endless Universe last night .2nd boss of Endless Universe Mistress of Endless Night glitched.When only 1 boss was left the blessing/buff from the boss was not moving.Squad Members were doing like 50-60 dmg .And it couldn't be kill with that dmg. Plus it wasn't resetting also.I asked for online Gm consult quickly we waited for like more then 5 mins still no reply from any Gm or Admins. Plz Fix This Bug b:irritatedb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miausong
    miausong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    1. I don't know if this bugs the **** out of any one else but it does to me. Why when you die don't he other side of flag hill does it send you all the way to Archosaur. I mean what gives your like lvl 30 and i have friends that complained about this. I mean if you die near sp or on that side you should at least end up back near feng the scholor. Not some tp in north Archosaur it does take like 4 min to get back there at that lvl with not a flyer and if you don't haven't that much money why would u want to spend it to tp back there its ****.

2. Also i few days back or weeks I was near a small town up north forget the name but its east of the sentry town person near dizzy and that town is east of etherblade. But there was a skill trainer that is named wrong and was like psychic trainer or something like that for the blademaster or wizard trainer. All i know is it was named wrong.

3. I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this but in some places in Archosaur and some other place i forgot. But there is like 2 people on the tracker that don't have a label you can track to it but. I didn't feel the need to. just thought it might be something else to check.

There was also a glitch in 59 disaster. when I was running out of drake cave with squad I walked into the hole on the left walking out. and I literally glitched all the way back to where drake initially was when you first see him in that area. Thought it was a little annoying cuz I had to walk all the way back.

:)
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    My Forum Avatar doesn't shows me my class and level.
    I guess it is a bug or glitch can u fix it ?
    Actual character and status in the game actualcharacter.jpg[/IMG]

Current forum avatar selection on the website[IMG][/img]currentforumavatar.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quilanakat
    quilanakat Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The current Lucid Silver quest has gotten a lot of complaints because, while a lot of people are getting fashion, the fashion they're getting is for the opposite gender and untradeable.

Could a coder please go into the random() for the quest and change it so people are getting the correct fash for their sex?

I love this game, but what good thing couldn't use an even better bug fix? (Lucids are a wonderful giving back to the community concept, -thanks!)
  • Buffy_Ink - Lost City
    Buffy_Ink - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I can't see monsters and characters (and or trees etc) as I should. All I see are distorted lines and triangles. Sometimes they are so large I can't even see where I am walking.

I updated my video card drivers. I unistalled and reinstalled the game. I meet al the system requirements. And I still have the problem.

b:sadb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • asianbannana
    asianbannana Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    hey, I have a huge problem (i think) ok. So basically i had a virus or something (mid game) then once i rebooted my computer it let me past the patcher (let me press play/start) i tried to login then it said exit and update. On the patcher itr says im version 623 which is the newest to my knowledge. I tried redownloading twice and once after downloading it closed and i belive it should install after. But something pops out and says a bunch of odd characters and [configs.pck] in the middle somewhere. When i check my files Perfect world Entertainment> perfect world international> element> it shows configs.pck in the file. So i think pwi isnt reading my comp correctly. Tbh im 14 and some of the stuff im saying idk if its right. Please, someone with more knowledge help me out? :\
  • poetsheart
    poetsheart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    quest Hsun's package autopath takes you to dawns cry instead of nameless isle
  • maiya19
    maiya19 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    There is nice 'little' collapse glitch somewhere around the Gelid Plateau, I fell in it twice while running around the bars / pillars sticking out of it. I hold no idea where exactly it is, but thanks to it my 28 psychic with no wings is stuck UNDER Tellus b:angry All I wanted to do was jump to Lone Soul to finish my quest b:cry
    UnderTelluspart1.jpg
  • Bonzoid - Momaganon
    Bonzoid - Momaganon Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My skills bar (bottom with F-keys) is almost unusable, because 3 of the rows are duplicates. If I clear them all, when I start over the duplication continues. At lvl 89 this really makes using skills difficult!

I have a screenshot if needed.

Oh and btw, when I try to submit a support ticket I get a redirect loop. On 3 different browsers.
  • MassacrexX - Lost City
    MassacrexX - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    When I click "track" quest, the info doesn't come up on my screen like it did when I played this game a few months ago and tracked your kills/items on-screen.
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2012

so when i use autopath from the quest logbook or from the new quest tracker ribbon, then it activates my flyer? how can i turn off the "summon flyer/autopath" feature? there are times when autopath flying is ok, but there are other times i want to stay on the ground and run in tiger form.

its sort of powerless feeling to not be able to control whether i want to fly or not. i really dont understand why the pw gods force me to fly whenever i autopath, they dont even have the courtesy to ask me if i want to fly or not, they just send me flying whether i want to or not. so i could unequip the flyer or get on a land mount to avoid flying, but thats really a contorted work around.

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • kittylisa
    kittylisa Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    At 354, 254 in the Restless Outlands the entire Landscape starts glitching out completely often. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10fxrgh&s=5 There is an image of such glitching. It happens in the little area and has a few times
  • hydrassle
    hydrassle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Quest : Be Helpful >> The Flowers
    Quest Awarder: Guard Ling
    Items Required: N/A[Japanese](0/66)

Instead of 'Crimson Flower', the required items show up as in Quest Tracker, Item/Bag [Quest Items] as N/A with a japanese symbol.

Just leaving this message, to report this Quest bug.

Screenshot:
    bug.PNG
  • Cazane - Dreamweaver
    Cazane - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    maiya19 wrote: »
    There is nice 'little' collapse glitch somewhere around the Gelid Plateau, I fell in it twice while running around the bars / pillars sticking out of it. I hold no idea where exactly it is, but thanks to it my 28 psychic with no wings is stuck UNDER Tellus b:angry All I wanted to do was jump to Lone Soul to finish my quest b:cry
    UnderTelluspart1.jpg

LOL LMAOOOO sorry couldn't help it b:surrender
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited April 2012
    Hi, i am not sure if this has been posted before, if so, please paste the solution to this as a response to my post.

Mainly happens during FC, while having my game on full screen, with maxed graphics, playing normally, my game tends to freeze, my whole computer freezes and my computer is then forced to turn off and reboot. It has happened to me and couple of my friends, and sometimes, it has happened to us at the same time. I have noticed it happens when a skill is casted, like when a seeker is casting the skill: Battousai, or a Barb is casting that aggro skill, usually skills that have alot of graphical effects make our computers freeze and reboot. However, it does happen in other circumstances, like for example in BH 79 Hallucinatory Trench and when i was soloing FC.. meaning it might not only be because of graphical effects of the skills casted by other players. I am not sure what's going on, this did not happen before. It started to happen after the Earthguard came out, and i thought it was my video card, i got one better now, my processor, i got one better, my RAM memory cards, i got 2 of 2gb each and I even bought a new motherboard: MSI G41M -P26 DDR3.. this only happens while playing Perfect World, it doesn't happen when playing other games.

I don't have screenshots to submit because as you can see, i can't screenshot something like this, when my problem is that my pc freezes, and reboots. Doesn't give me a chance to screenshoot it.

Any solutions or suggestions? thank you.
  • o0lodia0o
    o0lodia0o Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    while making charcter and playing the game i can't see anyone's character neither mine only names how's this?! fix this please help me.!b:angryb:cry
  • WidowDee - Heavens Tear
    WidowDee - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Not sure if this is the right place to put this post, but here goes. First I did attempt to submit a ticket on this but the website for that doesn't work. I can't choose any of the required elements to submit (program, server, character, etc.)

The issue is that I got a Treasure Chest 3. When I located it, the chest was in the rocks and I couldn't dig it. This has happened to several of my faction members as well, especially on the higher chests. I made screen shots of the location as well but since i don't have any kind of online location for it, I can't post it here.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.144903205531206.21471.100000345820194&type=3&l=63e8f0e280

This is the link to my facebook photo album.
  • scarpheo9674
    scarpheo9674 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Everytime I login its does nothing i have the new updates and i cant see my character or anyones elses i can however see effects and names and no mobs/aka enemies

why is this?.............b:cry
  • w0lsky
    w0lsky Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I dont see the character on the Create Mod
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    FerClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    the step of the quest "Chiu Niu" that requires you to kill 40 Venomous Ghouls and then report to the elder of Etherblade has the quick autopathing (the quest tracker bar) that redirects you to the elder of City of Raging Tides

Also, I tink that you probably know of this already, the Lucidsilver/Lucidgold envoys have disappeared from Lothranis server (I've read that this has happened before in other servers and that it's temporary till the next update, but I still want to warn you, just to be sure)

Thanks for your time!
  • w0lsky
    w0lsky Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I CAN'T SEE MY CHARACTER OR OTHER CHARACTERS !!! Help me ! What i can do ?!?b:shockedb:angry
  • EARTHY_ - Sanctuary
    EARTHY_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My wardrobe fashion replicated and some of it disappeared.
    I'm guessing the "disappeared fashion", just turned into other fashion piece replicas?
  • MykoDeviant - Lost City
    MykoDeviant - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Guys, we all love free stuff.
    NO ONE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT!
    But....would it take more than a few lines of code for the Lucid Agents to give male fashion to males and female fashion to females? I can't belive this has gone on for so long. Male/female gender seperation occurs in every facet of PWI, including the very armor we wear daily (the same piece of armor appears differently on female characters than it does on male ones, we know that). So, since gender is so ingrained into the very heart of our characters, why can't these agents get this simple matter correct?

Just a few lines of code is all im asking for...just a thought...

PapaDeviant
  • _Conchita_ - Raging Tide
    _Conchita_ - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Worst glitch for me; If a person zoom'd out a bit, my toon's skin color turns snow white, although it's supposed to be quite dark. It changes to what it should be if you zoom in, closer to my character. This glitch affects venomancer with a darker skin color only!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My inner game tester self forced me to look into one issue that's been bugging me for a while now... As a mystic, if I send my pet out and summon a new one while it's attacking, I lose the ability to use skills with said pet.

1. As a mystic, summon a pet
    2. Send it to attack a mob
    3. Use the summon skill again while the original summon is still out
    4. Have it use a skill

I can get the skill to work ONLY IF I double-click on said skill.

I'm not sure if the client/server recognizes the skills as belonging to the first instance of the pet and not the newly summoned pet, or some other issue - because if I use ALT+1 to tell the pet to auto-attack, it's gonna work. But it's never gonna get the skill off. Even clicking won't work, but double-clicking will. I checked, there's only one pet skill bar showing up.

I've had another issue where my quests won't automatically update, and the rest of the game shows no lag whatsoever. That one, I'm not sure how I can reproduce. But I remember the first time I experienced that O_o.

BTW, I know that you need at least 2 empty inventory slots in order to receive WQ books.

I was doing WQ on my seeker when I noticed I had to wait between 30 seconds and a minute to receive books from NPCs. A short time after, I had the same "lag" problem while in the Cube on my BM - I couldn't get out of it right away as it usually happens. I waited a good minute before the loading screen popped up and found myself in Archosaur.

I had the issue again maybe a week and a half back, where turning in quests on my mystics led to 30 seconds - 1 min. wait between me turning in the quest, and getting the reward for it.

Once again, I'll say that absolutely nothing else is lagging in-game, or out of the game for that matter. My chat flows as usual, whatever I say in chat shows up normally, and my ping is normal. Only the quest doesn't update right away as they usually do, when I have more than enough empty inventory slots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.