My Fellow Non Aps Barbs..

Options
2»

Comments

• supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Huh? Ever played or squaded with a decent aps barb?

And I'm pretty sure aps barbs have always out DD'd BMs, even when both have Titans. That's even truer now with the aps nerf. The reason is that opening devour used to give my barb about 8% increase in damage over my BM by never missing since my BM can use, but rarely does, GS as an opening move. So my barb lands hits 8% more often than my BM. Now with the aps nerf that 8% is probably much higher because my bm will suffer a 20% accuracy penalty that my barb won't.

QUOTE]

aps barbs usually tend to have slightly less dd then similer aps bms for 1 reason. barbs dont have a fist mastry. the accuracy thing will affect quite a bit but if the bm has 2 accuracy rings it still should be pretty accurate.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

aps barbs usually tend to have slightly less dd then similer aps bms for 1 reason. barbs dont have a fist mastry. the accuracy thing will affect quite a bit but if the bm has 2 accuracy rings it still should be pretty accurate.

Titans=+30% at level 10, +50% at sage, +40% and +5%crit at demon
    Poison Fang= +30% at level 10, +40% sage, +50% demon.

Those two skills help offset BM mastery. Obviously it matters whether the barb and demon has level 10 or 11 skills, so generalizations of one or the other is a better dd can't be made.

BM Mastery= 60% at level 10, 90% at sage, 75% and +2% crit at demon

This has been covered previously mutliple times. The normal conclusion self buffed with Titans a barb out DDs a BM. Both buffed with Titans a BM out DDs a barb. Other factors (Like BM's using Bane, or Barb using demon BO) are too hard to factor. My point was it's roughly equal, and with the update we got a little bit of a boost over BMs because its simpler for us to glitch accuracy. From sharing the gear between my barb and BM with the only difference being an R8 ring on my BM and my barb using a CoA ring I know that soloing is slightly faster on my barb because he ahs about 7% more accuracy and can demon PA after each spark.

Regardless, equally gear its only 1-3% dd difference either way but BMs are preferred for what they can do to squad damage with demon HF. My point was after 1 or 2 BMs HF doesn't matter. Having another debuff mixed with the HF woulf give you more dd than a 3rd HF and that's what a barb can provide while still being on par with BM DD.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Titans=+30% at level 10, +50% at sage, +40% and +5%crit at demon
    Poison Fang= +30% at level 10, +40% sage, +50% demon.

Those two skills help offset BM mastery. Obviously it matters whether the barb and demon has level 10 or 11 skills, so generalizations of one or the other is a better dd can't be made.

BM Mastery= 60% at level 10, 90% at sage, 75% and +2% crit at demon

This has been covered previously mutliple times. The normal conclusion self buffed with Titans a barb out DDs a BM. Both buffed with Titans a BM out DDs a barb. Other factors (Like BM's using Bane, or Barb using demon BO) are too hard to factor. My point was it's roughly equal, and with the update we got a little bit of a boost over BMs because its simpler for us to glitch accuracy. From sharing the gear between my barb and BM with the only difference being an R8 ring on my BM and my barb using a CoA ring I know that soloing is slightly faster on my barb because he ahs about 7% more accuracy and can demon PA after each spark.

Regardless, equally gear its only 1-3% dd difference either way but BMs are preferred for what they can do to squad damage with demon HF. My point was after 1 or 2 BMs HF doesn't matter. Having another debuff mixed with the HF woulf give you more dd than a 3rd HF and that's what a barb can provide while still being on par with BM DD.

Also with our new Incredible Hulk skill, it will help Barbs surpass BM's a little easier. The more you poke us, the stronger we get b:laugh
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    ohh, a tough girl: Come to real life pancake butt.

jaba jaba jaba even gibberish engrish will get me more respect then you will ever get SIR.

english equal nothing really it show in no way intelligence nor does it show the human
    true worth nor his money.

but at same time money can let you TWEAK play this game for free and in a way i could call you a leecher but i will let this slide and let you troll someone else ur not even worth my time.

bb b:bye
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    english equal nothing really it show in no way intelligence nor does it show the human

Coincidentally, a man's true worth and his money have nothing to do with each other.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    jaba jaba jaba even gibberish engrish will get me more respect then you will ever get SIR.

but at same time money can let you TWEAK play this game for free and in a way i could call you a leecher but i will let this slide and let you troll someone else ur not even worth my time.

bb b:bye

Huh? Engrish helps.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
    Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    OFF TOPIC:
    1. make a farming toon, if your a non aps barb sage/demon then use that money to get R9.

2. almost same as above, If you are wealthy nor rich, dump a heap load of money to get your barb R9, nuff said.

3. Uninstall to quit PWI for good<<highly optional.

4. its a game, enjoy the barb as if it werent meant to go aps.

Im a tank barb, SAGE and proud of it, and going full R9 soon.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Huh? Engrish helps.

nope money helps you know also you dont need to write a damn thing either

english wont get you to play for free or give you food in ur table nor a roof over your head.

well ur imaginary mind might tell you to talk big but then i would advice you to check a doctor

this game is a hobby of mine nothing i take serius if you think ur engrish talk would do anything to me i feel bad for you

if you do not like what i write do not read it but dont to tell me go to school haha silly kids
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Options
    OFF TOPIC:
    1. make a farming toon, if your a non aps barb sage/demon then use that money to get R9.

2. almost same as above, If you are wealthy nor rich, dump a heap load of money to get your barb R9, nuff said.

3. Uninstall to quit PWI for good<<highly optional.

4. its a game, enjoy the barb as if it werent meant to go aps.

Im a tank barb, SAGE and proud of it, and going full R9 soon.

r9 sage or demon wont let you farm nv more then it lets you now just so you know

if nv farming isnt something your interested on well good for you b:victory
  • Wild_Garruk - Harshlands
    Wild_Garruk - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Who QQ about aps.... 1 aps and is ****ing awesome... b:victory

Still barbs are good on nirvana gives you strenght and hp and lowers the boss defense there is nothing we can not do......
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Who QQ about aps.... 1 aps and is ****ing awesome... b:victory

Still barbs are good on nirvana gives you strenght and hp and lowers the boss defense there is nothing we can not do......

you can't solo emperor 3-3 b:chuckle

aps means versatility b:victory
  • Wild_Garruk - Harshlands
    Wild_Garruk - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

you can't solo emperor 3-3 b:chuckle

aps means versatility b:victory

maybe not but we lure the last boss on TT 3-3 and still survive while a little DD triple spark and hit
    edited March 2012
    Options
    maybe not but we lure the last boss on TT 3-3 and still survive while a little DD triple spark and hit

ah i see... oh wait, i do that!! b:cute oh shizzles, i can kill the armageddom too b:pleased
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    **** it all just make a sin :D. but i agree a barb fully buffed and a bm fully buffed a bm with lv11 fist mastery vs a dmeon barb fully buffed with lv11 poison fang is still only like a bms lv7 or so fist mastery. Also if you want to make the argument that Heaven's Flame is a squad debuff since it helps the squad hitting that particular monster/boss devour can be used the same way. I play a bm with Demon Fist mastery lv103 as my avatar shows with just +10 deicides 1 socket and i have out dd'ed claw barbs with stage 1 +10 nirvana claws easily and i have a base of 305 strength for the r9 axes im trying to aquire. Its true r9 doesnt help you get into squads but it sure does help, what really gets you into a squad is connections with other aps players and also having ur demon/sage buffs and debuffs. That is where it counts, so in my opinion unless a barb was also using G11 or G12 wood gems they still wont out DD a bm that is 5 aps +10 weapon if the bm has there demon/sage fist mastery. Now onto the sin comment i also play a sage assassin and i love it, he may not be able to go 5aps along tme til i get a tome for him but he still out DD's +10 demon sins with stage 1 daggers, and my sins daggers are only +9 with 2 Incomp Garnets :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    . That is where it counts, so in my opinion unless a barb was also using G11 or G12 wood gems they still wont out DD a bm that is 5 aps +10 weapon if the bm has there demon/sage fist mastery.

Seriously?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Seriously?

highlight the whole post and respond "seriously?" because it was all pretty bad. Can also add that to necroing this topic.
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This thread is unneeded for the fact that if you're going to QQ about someone changing their class to better themselves or who dont feel like making a sin just for aps or a bm for that matter you seriously need a new game. And in fact I can out dd a 4-5 aps bm, giving the fact that i demon devour, spark, onslaught (62% crit) then mire who's to say my damage is still lower when in fact i have pulled aggro off sins and bms in Vana. So for everyones matter that barbs shouldnt be aps, well to better your fact we have great dmg as aps and a lot of us know how to build a great barb.

And for the nub who said wood gems, please again tell me when do you ever see a barb with wood gems. Cause I truly believe either they go with vit for the lost hp or JoSD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    its wood gems in the weapon you idiot, to help you damage fom poison fang >.> and fyii am known as necroer, but since this topic had a reply before 2 days it cannot be called a necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Cause I truly believe either they go with vit for the lost hp or JoSD.

If in fact a barb uses a JoSD or vit gem in there claws which is what was meant by using G11 of G12 wood gems they are an idiot and should uninstall but ijs, maybe failures go aps and put crit stones in there weapons on PvP servers to live but seruously i doubt it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've found my resolve.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    im not sure, but i think that even a immaculate garnet is better than +12 elemental gems or DoT if the plan is boost the damage.
    not saying that garnet gem (lvl11) is cheap, but atm is the best gem in terms of cost/benefit
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Elemental shards are iffy at best. Normally i would just shard garnets over elemental shards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    its wood gems in the weapon you idiot, to help you damage fom poison fang >.> and fyii am known as necroer, but since this topic had a reply before 2 days it cannot be called a necro.

Poison Fang adds wood damage equal to 50% of your physical attack. Why on earth would you want to add wood gems, which it does not take into account?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    **** it all just make a sin :D. but i agree a barb fully buffed and a bm fully buffed a bm with lv11 fist mastery vs a dmeon barb fully buffed with lv11 poison fang is still only like a bms lv7 or so fist mastery. Also if you want to make the argument that Heaven's Flame is a squad debuff since it helps the squad hitting that particular monster/boss devour can be used the same way. I play a bm with Demon Fist mastery lv103 as my avatar shows with just +10 deicides 1 socket and i have out dd'ed claw barbs with stage 1 +10 nirvana claws easily and i have a base of 305 strength for the r9 axes im trying to aquire. Its true r9 doesnt help you get into squads but it sure does help, what really gets you into a squad is connections with other aps players and also having ur demon/sage buffs and debuffs. That is where it counts, so in my opinion unless a barb was also using G11 or G12 wood gems they still wont out DD a bm that is 5 aps +10 weapon if the bm has there demon/sage fist mastery. Now onto the sin comment i also play a sage assassin and i love it, he may not be able to go 5aps along tme til i get a tome for him but he still out DD's +10 demon sins with stage 1 daggers, and my sins daggers are only +9 with 2 Incomp Garnets :D

Barbs can now easily rip aggro from BMs now because of our epic new skill call Blood Rush. It's like sharding extra Garnet Gems for 60 seconds. b:victory

Of course, the Barb needs to be hit for it to work, so it depends on that factor, but given aoes on various bosses, it should trigger most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Deago - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Options
    maybe failures go aps and put crit stones in there weapons on PvP servers to live but seruously i doubt it.

This is the most stupidest thing i have ever read. When you shard a vit stone it being a Stone of Savant you get channel, it being a Primeval Stone you get crit. (This goes for weapons).
    You only get hp from sharding it to armour now please your points are invalid so just leave.

Ps ....... Seriously*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ezio Auditore
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This is the most stupidest thing i have ever read. When you shard a vit stone it being a Stone of Savant you get channel, it being a Primeval Stone you get crit. (This goes for weapons).
    You only get hp from sharding it to armour now please your points are invalid so just leave.

Ps ....... Seriously*

So, you don't agree with him and *then* tell him he has to leave?

You're just as Dumb as a Post, aren't you? Bless Your Heart.

\go jump some newbies @ West and claw 'em to death - it's Thursday
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Deago - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So, you don't agree with him and *then* tell him he has to leave?

You're just as Dumb as a Post, aren't you? Bless Your Heart.

\go jump some newbies @ West and claw 'em to death - it's Thursday

No i do not agree with sharding your weapon with wood shards. Most shard with garnets or if you`re a full vit barb then amber shards for accuracy. Not only have i never seen a noob with wood shards, i have never seen a high lvl with wood shards. And if you must know i use my axes in PvP and pull out my claws as a final stand deal. And if you agree with him lets see you shard your gear with wood shards.

P.s West is not my style thanks b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ezio Auditore