My Fellow Non Aps Barbs..

Options
XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Barbarian
I see Magic Classes QQing about vana Talisman, I say we start QQing to make a Vana just for Non Aps Barbs where we just enter Tank a Boss for 2-3 Mins And it Disappears and drops us Raps/Cannies.. 20 Min Run and A Standard of 8Uncanny 2 Raps drops per run.

Lets Raise our voices and go on a strike
Post edited by XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Aps barbs don't devour and deal less dmg than other aps toons.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Pazi_Ujedam - Raging Tide
    Pazi_Ujedam - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »

I aggre, but as it is sage non aps barbs are not wanted in nirvana, I have Sage Barb and i Cant find Squad for it, ppl still prefer 5 aps demon barb than healthy one >.<
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Huh? Ever played or squaded with a decent aps barb?

My aps barb starts with a demon devour, gets 100% accuracy from it, and then Penetrate Armors after every triple spark to keep a constant 35% pdef on. Most bosses don't even live until my Devour is gone, but the decrease from 50% debuff to 35% debuff is about 7% dph whereas my damage is usually about 25% of the dps in the squad.

And I'm pretty sure aps barbs have always out DD'd BMs, even when both have Titans. That's even truer now with the aps nerf. The reason is that opening devour used to give my barb about 8% increase in damage over my BM by never missing since my BM can use, but rarely does, GS as an opening move. So my barb lands hits 8% more often than my BM. Now with the aps nerf that 8% is probably much higher because my bm will suffer a 20% accuracy penalty that my barb won't.

My barb also normally crit buffs Titans for 5% crit for the entire squad. Or if my sins are PDing I'll Beastial Onslaught for 62% crit rate.

I'm well geared, so I easily out DD G13 +10 sins and some G15 sins. Even though I'm debuffing for them because my debuffs are also aggro skills. An equally geared aps barb should out DD a bm but not a sin.

To the OP. I get that this is more a jab at casters who QQ about not being able to farm, despite having an advantage in most events, pvp, and being given an easier version of Nirvana with lower dmg, lower hp bosses, and a glitched higher drop rates. Still, I play mutliple classes and even though my mains also tend to be "farming classes" other people can do the same. Not every class needs to be equally good at farming when they have advantages elsewhere (like ganking mobs from 35m away in events, or 1 shotting you with ultis in pk).
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks for Hijacking the Thread. The Thread was meant for NON Aps barbs to QQ about not able to find Vana Squads Easily, Where Did you see me mentioning APS barbs?

Anyways Aps Barbs are Decent DDs with Good Skills, obviously they cant match DD of a pure dex Sin but still they at par with BM. And with the new skill that came out which stacks damage when ppl get it, it Would be good for Aps Barbs.

And Saku yes it was supposed to make Casters Realise that they atleast getting a better Farming toon than a NON Aps barb.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well, of course PWI is going to try to force you to spent money on APS by not introducing a "Nirvana for regular barbs"
    PWI be PWI yo b:nosebleed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Non aps barbs are greatly desired by:

Non aps archers, Psys, Wizards, Clerics, Low geared sins, Low geared BMs, Seekers, Venos.

Basically any class that isn't aps or OP.

Main reason I cannot form Nirvy all day long on my archer is I have to wait on sins/bm friends to tank it. I can DD just fine, so can my wizzy brother. We don't really need heals as long as someone can tank. I could even get other sins and bms to come if someone tanks. People still want tanks, you just need to look in the right places (almost every class) and not the wrong places (clawrchers, bms, sins; find sage friends)
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    tank barb can go farm full rb's b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    tank barb can go farm full rb's b:laugh

This. And TTs. And OHT or other zhen spots like a beast. They are a support character who gave up damage for hp so alot of their farming options revolve around utilizing their hp and letting others do the dding for them. That means they have a nitche. Its a specialized build that is better than other builds and classes at something, so that's what it should aim to farm. Nirvana is geared towards aps. Caster vana is geared towards caster. Rebirth isn't geared towards aps... Not ever class needs to have the same opportunities as every other class because everyone has the option of making a class/build that has those options.

The main issues is non aps barbs love aps. You know how often I have non-aps barbs friends pm me on my aps chars (sin, bm, barb) to come tank something. Or because they want to "ride" along for a vana. That puts me in a weird position because if my run goes from 8 mins to 10 because I brought them and I do 8 runs I basically lose 2 runs (8runs x 10mins = 80 mins, I could have done 10 x min runs). I may as well take someone else and just mail them free coin worth 2 vanas and have 10 easier vanas.

Non aps barbs are appreciated by casters and non aps chars. They don't appreciate them back, imo. Let a vit barb make a squad and they will pick the best aps dd they can find to cover their lack of DD and this tends to encourage the "we need aps" attitude of PWI.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • tweakz
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Huh? Ever played or squaded with a decent aps barb?

Yep: like them for buffs in Nirvana.
    My aps barb starts with a demon devour, gets 100% accuracy from it

What pdef reducing debuff doesn't yield 100% accuracy?
    , and then Penetrate Armors after every triple spark to keep a constant 35% pdef on.

Pathetic: a Cleric can do better.
    Most bosses don't even live until my Devour is gone, but the decrease from 50% debuff to 35% debuff is about 7% dph whereas my damage is usually about 25% of the dps in the squad.

1/4 of the dps? -You running 3 man?
    And I'm pretty sure aps barbs have always out DD'd BMs, even when both have Titans.

BMs can HF.
  • DUBZZ - Archosaur
    DUBZZ - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well i'm a full r9 sage non-aps barb and i'm able to make nirvy squads fine. I mean people like me in nirvy cuz of my buffs, arma on 3rd boss mobs 1 hit kill , and I spam devour constantly as well as extreme poison and tangling mire when the sin's genie skill's are on cd.

If your really having trouble finding nirvy squads, and ur main reason to do nirvy is for cannies/raps, then imo you should spam tt runs, which is what I do when i get sick of nirvy runs. For instance today I woke up had 25 nirvana keys, and decided to spam TT 3-1 instead, now I have about 30mil in tt mats Gba ribbon etc.. You can then use the money you make from tt mats and buy cannies or raps ijs thats an option, and I hope this helps in a way :) .
  • DUBZZ - Archosaur
    DUBZZ - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    and i have no clue why my avatar is a lv 103 bm, cuz I dont even have a bm lol.
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    and i have no clue why my avatar is a lv 103 bm, cuz I dont even have a bm lol.

This^

I started with a cleric, then sin, random toons now a tank barb(which I should have made first). I made a guild today on RT today if anyone wants to join Barbs only < just a side note. But yeah I been trolling those threads and it has gotten a bit crazy. I say remove caster, disable free mode in squad, and possibly make cannies/raps bound. Also make it where only one of each class can be in the squad, 2 or more of the same cant enter, same if the squad is already formed and you trie to drop a char and bring in another. The quest wont trigger if you the squad is not balanced.
    My 2 cents
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yep: like them for buffs in Nirvana.

one of many reasons to bring a barb, ofc.

What pdef reducing debuff doesn't yield 100% accuracy?

Yah, but how often do BM's use GS? Sure if there are two in a squad one might, but for the most part BMs rarely GS. In that case one BM still doesn't have the accuracy glitch. If a single BM choses to HF+GS its going to be seconds after their HF so the debuff timing is off anyways, and they won't be triple sparked so their damage will be lower.

Pathetic: a Cleric can do better.

Wrong, sage PA is 45%, clerics are 35% or 40% at level 11. If you are comparing level 10 or demon PA to a cleric its equal at level 10 and at level 11 its a 5% difference, or about 2% dmg total. Big whoop. And who brings clerics to Vana?

1/4 of the dps? -You running 3 man?

Sometime. But as I said, even in 6 man squads I out DD most sins. So a BM and a veno in the squad are usually the debuffers and not so much the main DDs. Of the 4 main DDs If I'm the strongest I do 20-30% of the damage.

BMs can HF.
    Your argument that a BM out DDs a barb is it can HF? That's squad damage, not the BMs. An aps barb and an aos BM are roughly equal in dps. The Bm is valuable to the squad (obviously) for his HF and dps, one or two BMs are good to have. But stacking it with a 50% pdef debuff multiplies everyones damage. My pdef debuff can be kept up constantly where his is 6-9 seconds every 30 seconds. My debuff costs almost no chi and I can triple spark (BMs can cloud erupt and triple spark. But if we're talking about using genie skills I can further boost the damage by debuffing, triple sparking, miring, frenzy, or EPing.) 1/2 the bosses in Nirvana aren't ampable, but all are debuffable. And as stated before, HF does nothing for a BMs accuracy.

I know I'm being trolled by comments this stupid but responses in red. My point, barbs are as useful in vana as BMs once theres already one BM in the squad.

Funny thing is I think I'd prefer the end-endgame of my barb better than my bm but I'm focusing much more on my BM because my barb isn't as accepted into some squads.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Non aps barbs are greatly desired by:

Non aps archers, Psys, Wizards, Clerics, Low geared sins, Low geared BMs, Seekers, Venos.

Basically any class that isn't aps or OP.

Main reason I cannot form Nirvy all day long on my archer is I have to wait on sins/bm friends to tank it. I can DD just fine, so can my wizzy brother. We don't really need heals as long as someone can tank. I could even get other sins and bms to come if someone tanks. People still want tanks, you just need to look in the right places (almost every class) and not the wrong places (clawrchers, bms, sins; find sage friends)

I wish that I could log in to heal then, since we're on the same server.

On topic though, Vindis is right. I, playing a cleric as my main...have always liked having barbs in my squads. Truly, I'll create some of the most backwards squads in history. (3 barbs, 2 clerics, and a psy for example), and we'll still have fun. Nirvy itself needs to be revamped. Its problem isn't just because of our build. The issue is that the instance is designed to give aps an advantage, and to encourage them to go with aps build. That's why every other class is usually waiting in a line outside to get 200k for their keys. Normal people who care would have fixed this. Barbs always have a special place for me. I don't mind running with them, and the truth is that nirvana need to be revamped so that non aps barbs, bow archers, psys, wizzies, mystics, clerics, seekers, non -int. blademasters, venos, and low aps/ skill using sins have a place too. Notice that SOT, Abaddon, Warsong, and virtually every other instance makes it so that every class can play. (Delta is tough on sins to get in though.)

If we took that same logic, and applied it to nirvana, it'd make it fairer for everyone. That said, barbs don't need their own nirvana. Aps don't need their own, and casters don't need their own. We all need one unified one that makes every class able to function in them. Vit, str, or claw build...barbs should be able to run nirvy. Its disappointing to see some of the best barbs (and other classes) that I've encountered to stand in line alongside me...waiting to sell keys, only for us to see the same rambo'ish sin that caused wipes, and near wipes get into nirvy. That said...fix nirvana FOR ALL. (I know that I'm a little off topic, but that is my viewpoint on it.)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Non aps barbs are appreciated by casters and non aps chars. They don't appreciate them back, imo. Let a vit barb make a squad and they will pick the best aps dd they can find to cover their lack of DD and this tends to encourage the "we need aps" attitude of PWI.

Normally I think you're right on...but you're wrong here...at least in my perspective. I go with friends. I don't care if they're aps or whatever. If aps is necessary, I'll pull my sin or my archer. But then people cry about my 5.0 archer not using claws, except to gain chi. I do more dps with bow than with claws. Oh well.

But like I said, usually I agree with ya Saku.

ETA: I don't QQ about not getting into Nirvy squads, my time ingame is severely limited so I do dailies and if there's a squad I'll go for a run or two...if not, I'll do something else. I don't farm Nirvy for coins...I have a cat shop for coins. I do nirvy runs for gear upgrades.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options

But like I said, usually I agree with ya Saku.

Oh no worries, bro. It was a bit of a over generalization on my part as obviously not all barbs are like that. I see alot of barbs that because they have a high amount of hp for their level feel they can discriminate and choose their DDs based on aps, but the same barbs QQ later when they are discriminated against for not having aps. It's like "you picked aps over others, why wouldn't they?"

I'm talking about the level 90 barbs who WC "20k hp barb making FCC. LF 3 sins, BM, and cleric". The other day a barb was making a BH Seat squad LF 5 aps DDs only, link weapon. Seriously, for Seat where 95% of the time in the instance is just running between mobs?

It goes back to the same argument of barbs feeling under appreciated or like they are replaced because they are never the tank anymore. Part of that is because barbs don't want to run with the classes that do appreciate them, the casters/ranged dds and instead would rather run with the people that don't appreciate them because its a tiny bit faster..
  • tweakz
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I know I'm being trolled by comments this stupid but responses in red. My point, barbs are as useful in vana as BMs once theres already one BM in the squad.

Funny thing is I think I'd prefer the end-endgame of my barb better than my bm but I'm focusing much more on my BM because my barb isn't as accepted into some squads.

Rude red text, improper quote, learn some netiquette? -You might actually get more to read it.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I take plenty of non aps on my nirvy runs, what's the big deal o.o
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    BLABLABLABLABLA it's always the same discussion...b:tired

aps talking sht about the original barbs, originals talking bout the modern ones... i rarely see barbs talking good things, making opinions and helping others types of barbs, except a few like sakuba and knownase... help is way better than criticize b:surrender

hope everybody enjoy my opinions
    fu.ck the differencesb:bye

Blood.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    sure just tell me how to make coin in nv and dont give me that **** nv is still nr1 way to make money.

as long as aps exist or nv exist ppl will keep making more aps toon to extrack or farm ot so much it will eventually die wish why nw is pretty much what will happen.

i was forced to put my own coin and i tho that at some point aps would be limited
    hell i could have done 5 aps toon with the cost of my r9.

its to cheap and before the farming ppl start to troll this if you wish to farm hell i have no problem but make so everyone class and style have equally easy to farm not just aps.

its the main reason i hate aps is cos it only make more aps it do not go a balanced way.

why the way i was happy caster got there own nv but what of the classes who wish to stay original.

and dont give me **** about the cost of aps as its bs its way to cheap to be even considered un investment.

one pices of a r9 armor +10 is like 4aps and i have 4 so if you wish to talk about investment i should one should the bosses and it aint happening.
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    sure just tell me how to make coin in nv and dont give me that **** nv is still nr1 way to make money.

as long as aps exist or nv exist ppl will keep making more aps toon to extrack or farm ot so much it will eventually die wish why nw is pretty much what will happen.

i was forced to put my own coin and i tho that at some point aps would be limited

its to cheap and before the farming ppl start to troll this if you wish to farm hell i have no problem but make so everyone class and style have equally easy to farm not just aps.

its the main reason i hate aps is cos it only make more aps it do not go a balanced way.

why the way i was happy caster got there own nv but what of the classes who wish to stay original.

and dont give me **** about the cost of aps as its bs its way to cheap to be even considered un investment.

one pices of a r9 armor +10 is like 4aps and i have 4 so if you wish to talk about investment i should one should the bosses and it aint happening.

What? b:surrender
  • tweakz
    edited February 2012
    Options

Go to school; learn English; then post.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1307441

Wtfux So now ppl QQing that they want Casters to get a skill so that they can solo dungeons too?

My Fellow Non APS barbs "Wake UP Fight for your Right" Lets start QQing or Barbs would DIE.
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I can run a nv just fine with out aps.i do it all the time and i farm it.and im only like .98 aps.you dont need aps in nv to farm it.its not about aps its about how well do you barb.if you learn your barb youll do just fine.
  • Blaxton - Raging Tide
    Blaxton - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I see Magic Classes QQing about vana Talisman, I say we start QQing to make a Vana just for Non Aps Barbs where we just enter Tank a Boss for 2-3 Mins And it Disappears and drops us Raps/Cannies.. 20 Min Run and A Standard of 8Uncanny 2 Raps drops per run.

Lets Raise our voices and go on a strike

Cool, I could spam this and regular Nirvana. b:chuckle
    I aggre, but as it is sage non aps barbs are not wanted in nirvana, I have Sage Barb and i Cant find Squad for it, ppl still prefer 5 aps demon barb than healthy one >.<

I've actually seen people looking for or advertising that they have Sage Devour in world chats for Nirvana squads, even though level 10 and Demon do the same 50% debuff as Sage... And people tend to prefer Sage BKI and Titans. Demon barbs can be non-aps too... They would probably have even more trouble getting squads compared to a Sage non-aps Barb with Sage buffs.

Anyway, no matter Sage, Demon, aps, or non-aps, I really find it best to run with friends/faction... I did some 10 minute runs with 4 sins and 2 barbs (the other barb is sage vit build), all people from faction. Sure it's not ideal, but they were fun! :)

I always at least start with Devour and sometimes do True Form>Devour>Triple Spark, so that the cooldown of True Form is done by the time the spark burst immunity is up. Then it's back to claws. I know I'm there for support so I always try to keep Devour or PA on the boss, especially if I see the sins sparking, plus Tangling Mire or Extreme Poison plus Frenzy when possible.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Go to school; learn English; then post.

come buy my r9 gear ups ur a poor soul i feel for you.

TWEAKS nobady gives a **** about a carebear like you come lost city or stfub:laugh

and sup fire knight is my alt

and nope i just want vana to die out so poor ppl can quiet and less apsb:laugh
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok People got the thread in wrong way.

I would explain what i meant with this thread.

After descent I see nearly every mage QQing about not being able to Farm.

Barbs are able to farm delta so are Mages.
    Barbs can farm TT so can Mages
    Barbs can farm little bit vana but they are not the most preferred class So can mages they get 4 Runs a day.
    Barbs are wanted for TW so are Mages.
    Barbs are **** at PvP probably the crappiest class (no point talking about R9s MAJORITY of people are Not R9) Mages own in PvP.

See Mages still are Better than Barbs but still no one hears Barbs QQ. Barbs have probably realised the best way is to make a farming toon Mages should realise it too, that was what this thread was about.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Barbs can farm little bit vana but they are not the most preferred class So can mages they get 4 Runs a day.

Barbs are **** at PvP probably the crappiest class (no point talking about R9s MAJORITY of people are Not R9) Mages own in PvP.

Mages can only do caster vana once a day, three times if they do their BHs because they only recieve one free Nirvana Talisman and two from BH1 and BH2. Or they can turn them in for mirages and hey, free money. Barbs get them from BHs too, so free money, but one less because we're not casters.

I think seekers (sorry guys) win suckiest class in pvp. Clerics might not be too far behind. Barbs are rough for a long time but probably have the best pvp endgame of any class.

And unlike mages, we're wanted in BH and TT squads and some people will WC to buy a buff from us.
  • tweakz
    edited February 2012
    Options
    come buy my r9 gear ups ur a poor soul i feel for you.

TWEAKS nobady gives a **** about a carebear like you come lost city or stfub:laugh

and sup fire knight is my alt

and nope i just want vana to die out so poor ppl can quiet and less apsb:laugh

ohh, a tough girl: Come to real life pancake butt.