Comments

• XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City
    XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    but idk what ones to do :( or stats D:
  • Arthursoul - Archosaur
    Arthursoul - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ok so i made a str genie..so i put all stats in vit and str?
    and with the little skill tree thing? where it has wood,water,fire etc..what one of those things do i go?
    just simply need those answers no 1000 word paragraphs :)

Well, for Str genie you best get 60 Mag some extra Vit for hp and Str for the skills effect.

I'm not sure about the elements for the skills, but you can check it at the Watcher of Earth to get the correct skills.

My guess Mire, Second Wind and Solid Shield is your basic genie skills, since you don't have insanely high hp yet however
    edited March 2012
    hmm thanks ;o
    finally got roar yay :)
    still looking for help if ppl willing to give :P
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    genie skills i have found that work for me are solid shild,tree,alpha male,and after that up to you.but for tanks thay are a must.im one of thm barbs that have every skill lvl 10 i use swim and alc frighten and roar to get my chi most of the time.invok is a must get after you get shapeshift to lvl 10.the only skill i dont use is blood lust but thats cuz i dont pk that often and dont care for he hp drain but you never knw when a skill will come in handy till you use it.good luck man hope that helped a little bit
  • Wild_Garruk - Harshlands
    Wild_Garruk - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You give some of the worst advice i have ever seen for barbs. Please stop.

Are you stupid or what?? Im a real barb and I lvl up to lvl 80 without using hypers not like you... Im an old school barb and even most players know that the key to tank is to have the armor updated to your lvl... Barbs are tanks not dd
  • Blaxton - Raging Tide
    Blaxton - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ok so i made a str genie..so i put all stats in vit and str?
    and with the little skill tree thing? where it has wood,water,fire etc..what one of those things do i go?
    just simply need those answers no 1000 word paragraphs :)

In game, go to the Watcher of the Earth and go to learn skills. Find the skills you want your genie to learn and hover over them. Each skill shows how many points you need in each elemental affinity. Re-equip you genie and right click on her face in the UI display. Then choose Affinity and you can set the points there.

You can also look here to see the skills and the required affinities.
    http://ecatomb.net/genieskill.php
    edited April 2012
    i know a few of u have diff opinions ;o
    so im just asking 1 more time what skills to get and what skills for genie to get :D
    thanks
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i know a few of u have diff opinions ;o
    so im just asking 1 more time what skills to get and what skills for genie to get :D
    thanks

Barb skills
    First focus on:

Flesh Ream
    Shapeshifting Intensity
    Feral Regeneration
    True Form
    Axe and Hammer Mastery

Genie skills
    Focus on:

Second wind (Until you have 5,000 HP+, more or less, up to you exactly when)
    Tree of Protection (To replace Second Wind)
    Holy Path (Once you start doing FC, very much needed for long pulls)

The Lure skill is important, keep it, never Unlearn that particular skill. I don't know 100%, but I've heard it cannot be learned once it has been unlearned. And there's also no reason to level it up, save your Spirit. I can't remember the name of the skill that pulls for the life of me lol

By the way, I often see new barbs doing this way to much; when you are killing mobs for a normal quest, stay in Tiger Form! The decrease in damage is easily made up for with increased HP and Physical Defense.

And if the mob you need to kill uses magic, use your Alacrity skill to cancel the channeling. As you level up that skill, the cooldown will decrease, allowing you to cancel channeling more often on the same mob or boss.

Finally, your Penetrate Armor and Devour skills (Physical defense debuff), have some weird bug. When either of those skills hit the target and deal damage, you will never miss a hit on that target.

Melee mob: Devour
    Range mob: Alacrity (It stops them from moving) then Devour if you want to.
    Magic mob: Same thing as Range mob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited April 2012
    That started out as a simple post, I swear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Are you stupid or what?? Im a real barb and I lvl up to lvl 80 without using hypers not like you... Im an old school barb and even most players know that the key to tank is to have the armor updated to your lvl... Barbs are tanks not dd

I have no clue what you two are arguing about.

Strength is needed for armor and damage, dafuq is going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Barbs are tanks not dd

Good barbs are both b:pleased
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited April 2012
    why get teh one skill if i get the other one to replace it? D:
    and what other barb skills would i need

and stats for the genie i need that def lol idk where to put em xD
    edited April 2012
    I have no clue what you two are arguing about.

Strength is needed for armor and damage, dafuq is going on.

A tank barb should always have his gear updated and then get his weapon because. A barb needs to survive the instances.
    edited April 2012
    Good barbs are both b:pleased

TT nirvana dual hammers +10b:pleasedb:pleased
    edited April 2012
    i got a mold for dual hammers from my fb51 and made them :) 800k coins later tho ;/
    but they sexy as hell :D

so guys other skills?
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited April 2012

great barbs are tank and DD too b:cool

TT nirvana dual hammers +10b:pleasedb:pleased

dual axes are far better than hammers in terms of damage
    edited April 2012
    genie stats guys ?D:
    any other barb skills and genie skills would b nice to :)
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    genie stats guys ?D:
    any other barb skills and genie skills would b nice to :)

Here's an example of a genie:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6726/geniea.png

They're largely based on personal preference though. A lot of barbs like the skill Tree of Protection for example, which I personally hate. Most of this genie's skills are str based, thus why it has 50 str.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Here's an example of a genie:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6726/geniea.png

They're largely based on personal preference though. A lot of barbs like the skill Tree of Protection for example, which I personally hate. Most of this genie's skills are str based, thus why it has 50 str.

That is about a perfect barb genie.

Personally I removed Holy Path after I got true form mastery because of the speed boost. I run at 9m a second and that's fast enough to get out of range of most mobs even when slowed, however I can still see its uses. Especially if you get slowed. I just didn't have space and preferred putting tangling mire on my genie for soloing mobs, for support, and for amping my own spike periods of damage to keep aggro.

Also since zeals start with 5 vit I would have maxed it at 45 since adding more than 40 points starts costing double per point.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That is about a perfect barb genie.

Personally I removed Holy Path after I got true form mastery because of the speed boost. I run at 9m a second and that's fast enough to get out of range of most mobs even when slowed, however I can still see its uses. Especially if you get slowed. I just didn't have space and preferred putting tangling mire on my genie for soloing mobs, for support, and for amping my own spike periods of damage to keep aggro.

Also since zeals start with 5 vit I would have maxed it at 45 since adding more than 40 points starts costing double per point.

Solid Shield + Invoke + slowed by a mob = 0.1m/s run speed. Epic 'wtf' moment when that happened.

Holy Path essentially speeds you up to 15 m/s, regardless of if you are under a slow effect or not. The only time it does NOT do taht is if you toggle 'run/walk', then it... Makes you walk like... Fast. But not 15 m/s.

Personally, I dislike Earthquake. For Second Wind vs ToP, it's... Eh. I could use either, or even both. On a super high Str genie, I'll have both, if it's an Arma Faceroll WTFBBQ genie. For a survival genie, it'll be a dex based ToP, and can regenerate 25k+ HP, no idea how much exactly as I don't even have enough HP for it to tell. All I know is I can survive the Nirvana boss that does the AOE's that oneshot most sins and BM's, and it won't tick my charm, that is, on my BM buffed to 15.7k HP. Barb would have about the same buffed in tiger.

Earthflame, the puller skill, I dislike. I have on genie with that skill, and I hate using it. D: I'd rather AOE, but it is nice to have when it's necessary.

And, my barb is as of right now a pure str build. 3 base vit. 60-something dex, I have exactly 80 with all my gear on. APS gear, vit shards, and some refines so far. Since I'm lazy, I may be going HA/LA hybrid until I can get my HA gear, or I'll just go with R8. We'll see.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited April 2012
    so up vit/magic the same? and put more into str? k
    edited April 2012
    o.o
    can someone tell me how many points to put into genie stats..
    instead of just posting pictures..cuz those dont help
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    o.o
    can someone tell me how many points to put into genie stats..
    instead of just posting pictures..cuz those dont help

Well, it doesn't really matter how many stats you add as all stats are useful. Just remember to get enough vit so you can use all the skills you learn. Furthermore, after you add 40 so a certain stat, the next stats will cost two points each, so it's generally a good idea to first add 40 stats to the ones you find most useful, then afterwards you can focus on the stat you want highest.

You'll usually want to add around 40 vitality and magic for an allround genie, as it means you can spam skills more frequently. Then you can choose either dex or str, depending on the skills you picked, or go further along magic if the effect of your skills isn't improved much by dex/str.

The reason I have holy path is:
    1) I'm a fist barb, so I will occasionally be in human form when I need to rush somewhere.
    2) I don't like travelling, so I want it to take as little time as possible
    3) When trying to save my wife every second counts, even in tiger form I'll sometimes use holy path to get to her just a bit faster

I added vit to 50 so I had enough to cast two holy paths consecutively. I'm aware that some energy will be regenerated before I cast the second holy path, but with the lag spikes I sometimes experience it's necessary to press skills a bit in advance (while the client thinks I haven't regenerated enough yet). I was on the fence about adding them or not though and still have my doubts at times.

Earthquake helps me out when soloing certain bosses (alternate it with triple spark to avoid boss spells, only really useful as I'm a fist barb).

Earthflame I've always had since I used to duo bhs etcetera with my cleric wife, and it was necessary to pull. I'm not too fond of big parties so it comes in handy quite often for me.

I really dislike ToP as it always seems to cause my HP charm to tick, second wind is just not enough heal for my liking. If you don't use charms, have really massive HP, or are good at timing it, I can see it being very useful though.