Just sayin'

Options

Comments

• knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I play to TW, if I can't have good TWs then it's not worth it to get up at 4 AM to TW at 5 AM to then have the TW end at 5:20 AM. They were bidding on lands that were held by no one

say hello to the 6 month reset's

and everyone who recently left Enrage had an impact on their downfall
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

My question still stands, I do not blame anyone or point fingers to anyone. But there's still a small group of people left in there who would want to keep on fighting, why not pass the faction on to them?

and my question still stands: who wants it? i posted it on the forums weeks ago: who wants it and you can have it right now? i asked, no one responded. i asked. i begged. hell, even all those old RoC people told me they didnt want it. now, the people left deal with the consequences. i pulled a tao? all things come and go sir. all things. the fact that we have removed ourselves from the TW scene is of no concern to anyone but enrage members. is it temporary or permanent? only time will tell. move along. go join another tw faction. have your fun.

yes, this part is specific to you, Jhalil : i loved having you in enrage. you're a fun person, and i enjoyed playing the game with you, and many like you. fact is, there was a turning point in enrage where too many were like you, and not like the old enrage. i give Aes that completely. I agree, this isnt the old enrage. this is NOT the enrage it once was. it was filled with people who didnt give a **** about it, and i believe that played a huge part in its downfall. funny, people who dont give a heck and arent even here questioning the decisions made by those left. it makes me laugh. what do you care? you abandoned ship. does it really matter how a ship goes down to the ones that fled with the rats?
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    and my question still stands: who wants it? i posted it on the forums weeks ago: who wants it and you can have it right now? i asked, no one responded. i asked. i begged.

I'll take it then. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I think I was the cause of Enrage's downfall. Let me explain.

I joined Elysium. It died just after.
    I joined Triad. It died just after.
    I joined Assault. It died just after.
    I joined Caesar. It died just after.
    I joined Enrage. It went through it's sticky patch.
    I joined Ragnaroc. It died just after.
    I joined Rad.
    I joined TotalSin. It died just after.
    I joined GD. We sucked in TW for months then flourished when I left.
    I joined Enrage on Vendetta. It died just after on HT.

I'm the root of all drama for HT, except tao. *Makes Dr. Evil laugh*
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    and my question still stands: who wants it? i posted it on the forums weeks ago: who wants it and you can have it right now? i asked, no one responded. i asked. i begged. hell, even all those old RoC people told me they didnt want it. now, the people left deal with the consequences. i pulled a tao? all things come and go sir. all things. the fact that we have removed ourselves from the TW scene is of no concern to anyone but enrage members. is it temporary or permanent? only time will tell. move along. go join another tw faction. have your fun.

yes, this part is specific to you, Jhalil : i loved having you in enrage. you're a fun person, and i enjoyed playing the game with you, and many like you. fact is, there was a turning point in enrage where too many were like you, and not like the old enrage. i give Aes that completely. I agree, this isnt the old enrage. this is NOT the enrage it once was. it was filled with people who didnt give a **** about it, and i believe that played a huge part in its downfall. funny, people who dont give a heck and arent even here questioning the decisions made by those left. it makes me laugh. what do you care? you abandoned ship. does it really matter how a ship goes down to the ones that fled with the rats?

I had fun in Enrage, more so on the game which shall not be named (has anyone ever seen the move V for Vendetta? It's a really cool movie. Just thought I'd let you guys know). But in my defense, I did not abandon ship, exactly. I told a few people and mentioned it in FC, Sasha was aware and Pie was aware of how annoyed I constantly got because week after week we were bidding on PVE lands wile touching 3-4 other factions who could've given us a fight. Then when the topic about "the next step" started popping up and then another topic even discussing if people would show up IF there would be a bid on another PVE land.
    The ship wasn't sailing, the ship was anchored and the ladder was lowered. I waited for over a month and each time we avoided all factions or went for the ones we could obviously take in less than 15 minutes. Now I'm sure there were reasons for this, they can vary from saving face as to not being humiliated by being beaten by factions who previously were getting farmed in their base. Or the constant whining you got from members who simply didn't WANT to TW and made it clear every chance they get in FC by going "TW sucks", "Lol game is dead" etc, etc.
    That's all understandable, but again it simply wasn't something that I or others perhaps would see as a viable excuse to not go head-first in to wars with other factions.

It is true, I didn't care for the "faction" that is Enrage, I don't join a faction because of their name, or their position or their status. I join for the people in it, and by how much fun I personally think I could have in there. Sure there's people who hold more emotional value to a faction but I'm simply not one of them, that's not my nature.
    The only reason I ask, isn't exactly caring, it's just something I was wondering. I have no access to the Enrage forums so I can't read anything I just get pieces of information from whoever lets it slip. But one thing I can comment on, and this is not calling you out, just my point of view. You never actually stepped up and asked "Who wants to lead Enrage?" in a serious manner, it was more so done in angry posts when people were whining or bishing about stuff, and people were perhaps not taking it seriously. I wouldn't take it seriously if my faction leader is upset and in an upset way asks "Who wants lead? Please take it if you want the responsibility."
    Replying to such an offer in the conditions that the offer was given is more or less just being disrespectful at that moment.

That of course could have changed and as far as I know there could be a SRSBZNZ topic on your forums (or Aesthor's forums, before she kills me :() about the possibilities.
    You'll have to excuse my being nosey but I have nothing to do in class in between tests and such >:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    A lot of 'us' long term Enragers are / were proud of what we helped the guild achieve and were sad to see things go downhill.

However, things always do end and many of us felt it was better for Enrage to end than to continue to operate and be seen as a shadow of its former self. The guild was struggling, recruitment was hard as Enrage didnt appeal to a lot of players, most of the good TW players have been in Enrage at one point or are 'eternally anti-enrage'. Officers and long term members were fed up of the game, burned out on TW and wanted to do other things. I personally (and I know others felt the same) wanted Enrage to die with some dignity and not be a faction that was unable to compete.

The idea of dropping recruitment standards and having to 'retrain' up people who were basically total noobs for TW seemed... horrendous. In the past days of Marin's leadership, we did this. However, the game has changed and its not feasible to take people to TT and farm gear and get people in RB and level up. Top end TW is down to having R9 gears at high refines. New players arent going to show up and farm this kind of gear and not many people are going to show up and blow thousands of USD off their credit cards. The game has changed, that's the way things are now.

Around the time reset was announced, a lot of enthusiasm dropped in Enrage and it became clear we wouldnt be able to compete and fight for the #1 guild spot. It wasnt just 1 person who decided to stop being motivated, a lot of people, maybe for various reasons, lost their will to fight. A lot of the people who wanted to carry on with Enrage wanted to carry on without putting any of their own neck on the line. They wanted to carry on being babysat and carried by the players with better gear who cared more about the guild as a whole and put more effort and time in.

When I left Enrage, I sent Anne a forum pm wishing her the best of luck. Nothing would have pleased me more than to see her (or somebody else) pull enrage though. Though I do try to be a realist and I had thought long and hard and had personally come to the conclusion that there was no way though. I cant say I was too pleased with the way Barry and Aes were treated and spoken about, but it was a difficult time and I, along with others, had already foreseen Enrage's doom (inb4psychicpowers). So I will leave Aes (and Barry) to deal with their own personal drama and not step in on it. Besides, Aesy is a big girl troll and can stick up for herself b:cute.

tldr; enrage was screwed anyway for various reasons, and shouldnt have its reputation destroyed and achievements undermined by falling any lower in TW terms.

b:surrenderb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    shame with all the Hard work put into building Enrage to what it was, and the constant calls of "Enrage will never fall amid chaos and drama like all the other fail factions lulz". And tho it may have take a bit longer, and some proding from a troll...

The day is here, Enrage is in a sad week...But here it is, you are now at the mercey of the scurge of the HT trolls...just as the rest.

I think it says a great deal of the faction that no one is willing to step up and pull some of the pressure from Anne and/or Zaph. Of all the bravado and chest pounding that Enrage has done over the years, still fall to the lvl of us "commoners" as anyone...

Come on tho guys, you cant give up that easily!!

as much i have disliked Enrage over the years...makes me wonder, is it possible frown and smile at the same time?

and trigg :p looks like Radiance is the only faction strong enough to live through you and QB...since (s)he was in so many factions and well...it was good drama when there too...

carefull Anne when Jha says he doesnt have access to your forum :p maybe do a lil snooping...b:bye

anyway...time to grab the bootstraps and put on your big girl panties...come on Enrage you can do it...or something like that b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Fiddlydum - Heavens Tear
    Fiddlydum - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Aw Bale, be nice. You still upset I supposedly made your boyfriend leave? :(
    I hope you found a new best friend, I'd be devastated if you didn't Q_Q

Oops, posted from the wrong account. Oh well :(
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Anne's decision was right. Take it from someone who's been here for 3 years less a month.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Being in a declining TW faction is never fun for most players, and most players will probably relate to that form those they used to be in Caesar and Tao. Over the years, we have factions rise and fall. I was in Caesar, and when Assault left to Enrage, everything slowly unraveled. The moment a faction dies, you will have other factions start talking ****, it's apparently natural.

It will happen to all factions, sooner or later.

Also....when was Jha in Enrage? I don't remember. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I am devistated, you destroyed my perfect world in such a way that i was forced to continue to socialize outside my circle of friends and make new and yes, better friends...

eitherway...LoL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Being in a declining TW faction is never fun for most players, and most players will probably relate to that form those they used to be in Caesar and Tao. Over the years, we have factions rise and fall. I was in Caesar, and when Assault left to Enrage, everything slowly unraveled. The moment a faction dies, you will have other factions start talking ****, it's apparently natural.

he was in for a month or two i think...and your right known, everyone talks big smack when the decline of a faction happens.

Some factions just have more coming their way than others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I've never actually been clear what factor/non-factor even means, or where the line is drawn.

Any heavy armor that has less hp then me is a non-factor... and that's already being pretty generous.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Everyone likes to complain about the leadership very few are willing to step up and take the roles needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Everyone likes to complain about the leadership very few are willing to step up and take the roles needed.

And it is a thankless job, that seldom leaves you any time to actually play the game.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    in ~6months time, I would like to see the sEcoNd fRONG of enrage, if im still playing b:avoidb:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Shamandalie = Jhalil and was in Enrage for a few months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Zaphael wrote:
    Ehmi left because he considered those of us left idiots and morons that he couldn't be bothered to try to lead.

That's not true. Stop lying about this bull. He left because it was impossible to talk to you and thus Anne about anything, you gave him shet whenever he opened his mouth and said ANYTHING, you don't read what he posts and make your own assumptions about what he said, etc. etc. etc. He was just too nice to say it and even left the faction without telling anyone but his friends the reason so as to not cause drama, and you repaid it by misquoting him and lying about him. Too bad I'm not as nice as he is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options

Where's my sandwich? If you don't have it I shall have to eat your brains.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    That's not true. Stop lying about this bull. He left because it was impossible to talk to you and thus Anne about anything, you gave him shet whenever he opened his mouth and said ANYTHING, you don't read what he posts and make your own assumptions about what he said, etc. etc. etc. He was just too nice to say it and even left the faction without telling anyone but his friends the reason so as to not cause drama, and you repaid it by misquoting him and lying about him. Too bad I'm not as nice as he is.

someone from Enrage giving half-truths and disinformation?

you have got to be freakign kidding me....Aes please tell me this started the moment you left Enrage...

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    someone from Enrage giving half-truths and disinformation?

you have got to be freakign kidding me....Aes please tell me this started the moment you left Enrage...

b:cute

You mean someone in general giving half truths and misinformation? Since when was this specific to any faction? As if Radiance members never do it? LOL.

I'm defending my friends from lies, nothing more. I don't see what this has to do with faction tags. Factions are made of people, and people lie and slander. Radiance, GD, Karma, any faction all do it.

Not that I expect you to understand it. You are the person who deleted people off your flist when they leave Rad. b:laughb:laugh

Also considering all the misinformation I saw on Rad forums over the months I find it HILARIOUS you single Enrage out for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I think I was the cause of Enrage's downfall. Let me explain.

I joined Elysium. It died just after.
    I joined Triad. It died just after.
    I joined Assault. It died just after.
    I joined Caesar. It died just after.
    I joined Enrage. It went through it's sticky patch.
    I joined Ragnaroc. It died just after.
    I joined Rad.
    I joined TotalSin. It died just after.
    I joined GD. We sucked in TW for months then flourished when I left.
    I joined Enrage on Vendetta. It died just after on HT.

I'm the root of all drama for HT, except tao. *Makes Dr. Evil laugh*

Radiance is blank b:surrender

Funny enough, in my entire gaming past (10 years by now), i've never been in a guild that exploded or dissolved or anything. If something would happen to Radiance it would either be the first time for me, or i would have left them already.

And i pretty much feel the same as those who were loyal to Enrage and about ending it. Especially if there's no backbone left, it's no use to leave it behind in the gutter for people to make fun of. I'm the kind of person who becomes very loyal to his guild, and if Radiance would be in a same situation i'd wish to have the guild Radiance locked up and away. And Radiance used to be in a some sort of same situation where many left, but fact is, there were people still around who had the backbone and the will to keep it going (like aubz).

And jha, i find it a bit weird when you say that the faction enrage should be allowed to stay alive for those still there, while you've already left them. True, it's nice if people can stay where they like to be, but for how long do they want to be there? and what about leadership? In the end, a faction is posessed by everyone who is a member (except drakon). Leadership can be changed etc. But when a faction is in the situation where so many have left, and nobody has the desire or guts to take responsibility, then i feel that the most loyal members who feel strongly about the guild have the right to end things. May look selfish, but to many, a faction can be a lot more then just a shell you can use to entertain yourself.

Loyal members are required to create a strong stable faction. Friendships are not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain

i think you are lying, implying that everyone lies...oh wait...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Radiance is blank b:surrender

Funny enough, in my entire gaming past (10 years by now), i've never been in a guild that exploded or dissolved or anything. If something would happen to Radiance it would either be the first time for me, or i would have left them already.

And i pretty much feel the same as those who were loyal to Enrage and about ending it. Especially if there's no backbone left, it's no use to leave it behind in the gutter for people to make fun of. I'm the kind of person who becomes very loyal to his guild, and if Radiance would be in a same situation i'd wish to have the guild Radiance locked up and away. And Radiance used to be in a some sort of same situation where many left, but fact is, there were people still around who had the backbone and the will to keep it going (like aubz).

And jha, i find it a bit weird when you say that the faction enrage should be allowed to stay alive for those still there, while you've already left them. True, it's nice if people can stay where they like to be, but for how long do they want to be there? and what about leadership? In the end, a faction is posessed by everyone who is a member (except drakon). Leadership can be changed etc. But when a faction is in the situation where so many have left, and nobody has the desire or guts to take responsibility, then i feel that the most loyal members who feel strongly about the guild have the right to end things. May look selfish, but to many, a faction can be a lot more then just a shell you can use to entertain yourself.

Loyal members are required to create a strong stable faction. Friendships are not.

I agree.
    Id like to consider myself one of the core members Enrage had. Not one of the founders but one that was loyal till the end. Or almost the end. As i stated when i left, i didnt wanna be there when the plug was pulled off. I knew it was coming and wasnt far away, just didnt have the backbone to witness it as a member. I admire Anne for having the guts to end it. I didnt think she would do it, i think i underestimated how strong she is. I couldnt have done it myself and probably thats why i retired before it was over.
    Anyway before i get too emotional about it all, i still <3 every former or current Enrage member that contributed to what Enrage once was, no matter if its Karma, RoC or even GD or Radiance over their heads right now.
    R.I.P. Enrage and good luck to all the factions out there that ever want to live up to what Enrage once was, but i highly doubt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • bmanmichaelman
    bmanmichaelman Posts: 4
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Aes,im pretty sure ur 15 min are up. go away now and take ur bs drama with u plz.

-duces-b:victory
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I agree.
    Id like to consider myself one of the core members Enrage had. Not one of the founders but one that was loyal till the end. Or almost the end. As i stated when i left, i didnt wanna be there when the plug was pulled off. I knew it was coming and wasnt far away, just didnt have the backbone to witness it as a member. I admire Anne for having the guts to end it. I didnt think she would do it, i think i underestimated how strong she is. I couldnt have done it myself and probably thats why i retired before it was over.
    Anyway before i get too emotional about it all, i still <3 every former or current Enrage member that contributed to what Enrage once was, no matter if its Karma, RoC or even GD or Radiance over their heads right now.
    R.I.P. Enrage and good luck to all the factions out there that ever want to live up to what Enrage once was, but i highly doubt.

*clicks Like*

And of course you're one of the core Enrage Andro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Darkhawkbarb - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkbarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    so many words cant we just put up pictures of **** instead b:surrender
  • Scarson - Heavens Tear
    Scarson - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ...i retired before it was over.

I did not receive this memo; therefore, I still expect you to ninja invite me to your BH squads. In other words, log your third world booty back in game b:angry

Seriously, quitting before I do? I had thought we went over this, dear. Besides, no one will ever be as adamant in attempting to catch me with my real gear on as you had been. Is it not enough that I am breaking my rule of never posting on these forums, which has held for 3+ years I may add.b:cry

I have given you, and by default Aes, my forum virginity-- what more do you want, woman b:cry
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I did not receive this memo; therefore, I still expect you to ninja invite me to your BH squads. In other words, log your third world booty back in game b:angry

Seriously, quitting before I do? I had thought we went over this, dear. Besides, no one will ever be as adamant in attempting to catch me with my real gear on as you had been. Is it not enough that I am breaking my rule of never posting on these forums, which has held for 3+ years I may add.b:cry

I have given you, and by default Aes, my forum virginity-- what more do you want, woman b:cry

Woot! Scarson :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.