Options

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This thread is full of stupid.

But the thread title is spot on.

OP needs to realize that R9 and packs bring huge wads of money to PWE, so they aren't gonna go away any time soon.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • articio
    articio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This thread is full of stupid.

But the thread title is spot on.

OP needs to realize that R9 and packs bring huge wads of money to PWE, so they aren't gonna go away any time soon.

not once did i mention them going away xD or getting rid of them so..glasses may be in your future

i simply said that r9 needs to be realistically obtainable in game without the need of the boutique, and no i didn't say r9 needs to be able to be farmed in a week, or a month i said realistically obtainable which means the items for said armor, should be able to be farmed in game, without coin, with some work, if the user chooses to do so, or perhaps i should type more slowly to you

oi was working on actually farming r9 before the medals were removed from the dq shop..btw didn't they have some plan to make them available to us in some other way at some point, or was the boutique the answer to that as well
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    articio wrote: »
    not once did i mention them going away xD or getting rid of them so..glasses may be in your future

i simply said that r9 needs to be realistically obtainable in game without the need of the boutique, and no i didn't say r9 needs to be able to be farmed in a week, or a month i said realistically obtainable which means the items for said armor, should be able to be farmed in game, without coin, with some work, if the user chooses to do so, or perhaps i should type more slowly to you

oi was working on actually farming r9 before the medals were removed from the dq shop..btw didn't they have some plan to make them available to us in some other way at some point, or was the boutique the answer to that as well

If they make R9 farmable, even if it takes a long time, they will stop making so much money off it.

Wanmei made the call to pull the medals from the DQ shop. They made up excuses, real reason most likely was 'it's cutting into our bottom line'.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    Yoyoki - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ....wait then how the ** do i have full r9 set then if its "unfarmable"? (Note: I have no access to a credit card, poor as hell and if wasn't for scholarships, wouldn't be able to afford to go to college.) OP either an idiot or a troll.

Your signature says it all,you no life farmed dq drops for medals when you could,hope collage is going well seeing as though you would've farmed 10hours a day for the money.good job bro.you either are lying about not putting money in the game or cs some gear to be able to farm it.meh.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You want this to become way too easy, might as well go to a private server from what you are requesting.

R9 is perfectly farm-able, 1.5k gold is not THAT hard to farm, Let's say someone aiming for R9 will farm 3hours a day. Let's say it's 3 hours, in 3 hours you can farm anywhere between 4 to 5 million coins just farming DQ and selling it in a cat shop or in AH.
    That's about 4 gold you make per day. at only 3 hours a day, from the money you farm you can set up a shop when you're not playing which if you sell the most basic of items (Stuff made from tokens, for example) you'll be making 1-3m a day from a shop easily. And this is just selling **** like teles or hypers in snowy village etc.

And let's say you play more on weekends averaging 6m a day on weekdays on top of your income from a cat shop you'd be making anywhere from 50 to 60m a week. As a casual player, no hardcore merching, no hardcore farming. Just doing your thing and playing the game you would be able to get ~40 gold a week.
    This is minimum income farming DQ items, not even TT or Nirvana you would be able to get a full set of R9 in under a year just playing casually. This is a completely realistic view on an armor set and a weapon which you most likely play the game with and never bother having to upgrade it again.

People who play long hours/farm more and people who like to spend a lot of money on the game will indeed achieve it faster. But do you really assume every single R9 person out there has spent the 1500 dollars on it? I'm sure a lot have, but it has never been impossible to farm this kind of amount of gold/coin on PWI before.
    A "hardcore" farmer could farm half a R9 set in a single week of 2x drops. Why would someone that only plays a fraction of the amount of time that the other person spent on this game be able to achieve the same thing?

If you can find shop's buying DQ's for a decent price I've found a couple but they aren't always on. I've found a few shop's on our server that make your number's accurate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Just because someone else had to put in cash for the gold to exist, does not mean we didn't farm the coin to buy the gold to get r9. It's not our fault those people charged, instead, I'd rather thank them. If that gold wasn't there, we likely wouldn't have a server to begin with.

Thank you cashshoppers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maninblacktie
    maninblacktie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If I needed to farm less than one year for the full end-game gear I would lose respect for the game.

It is a MMORPG for good sake, I expect slow and role-played progression.

Maybe what you want is an action-based MMO, or a racing game, who knows.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    farming coin =/= farming the item itself, you can't farm medals of glory, you can not farm mysterious chips

Coins can be farmed, with coins you can buy gold with gold you can get chips and medals = you can farm R9. Farming a piece of equipment rarely means people actually farmed the materials for that item. They farm coins, and buy the item with those coins.
    You're just looking for excuses now to justify your own laziness/inability to farm coins to get what you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Just because someone else had to put in cash for the gold to exist, does not mean we didn't farm the coin to buy the gold to get r9. It's not our fault those people charged, instead, I'd rather thank them. If that gold wasn't there, we likely wouldn't have a server to begin with.

Thank you cashshoppers!

It doesn't make it not farmable, i don't believe you put in the time to farm the whole amount since it takes hours and hours of farming, every single day...for months and months....and months....and months.
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Coins can be farmed, with coins you can buy gold with gold you can get chips and medals = you can farm R9. Farming a piece of equipment rarely means people actually farmed the materials for that item. They farm coins, and buy the item with those coins.
    You're just looking for excuses now to justify your own laziness/inability to farm coins to get what you want.

If you justify sitting at your computer farming for 10hours a day for months on end as not being lazy...sure.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It's kinda funny how people seem to think that you can only either farm, OR merchant, OR cash shop.

I'm pretty sure quite a few people do two or three of these things.

For example:
    Say you get a constant 5% profit on all coin you have weekly
    Say you're able to farm 40m coins weekly

Starting at 0 coins, we get:
    Week 1: 40m
    Week 2: 82m
    Week 3: 126.1m
    Week 4: 172.4m
    Week 5: 221m
    Week 6: 272m
    Week 52: 9,314m

Now let's be a bit more realistic:
    Say you get a constant 3% profit on all coin you have on a weekly basis
    Say you're able to farm 40m coins weekly at 8 weeks per year

Now, we get:
    Week 1: 40m
    Week 2: 81m
    Week 3: 123m
    Week 4: 167m
    Week 26: 320m
    Week 30: 528m
    Week 52: 1012m

So here we went from 0 to half-way R9 within a year where you only actually farm 8 weeks a year and get a pretty low weekly profit.

On the other hand, say you start doing the previous progression with a starting fund of 100m, end up with the following:
    Week 4: 279m
    Week 26: 536m
    Week 30:770m
    Week 52: 1477m

Comparing these two, we can obviously see that the farming contributes majorly to the merchanting and that the starting fund isn't nearly as relevant as the farming.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Say you're able to farm 40m coins weekly

i doubt that an average r8 cleric is able to farm 40m/week
    and you have to count in costs for energy:
    12 hours per day where you don't play but the notebook(average 50W) is running -> ~5$/month

don't overestimate if someone told you he merchanted r9 +12...

me: wow r9 +12 how much $ you paid?
    merchant: none, i merchanted with my catshops
    me: what do you buy & sell?
    merchant: it's a secret
    me: ...

in his catshops he was selling a lot content from the packs and i doubt that he was buying them with coins to resell...
    b:chuckle
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i doubt that an average r8 cleric is able to farm 40m/week
    and you have to count in costs for energy:
    12 hours per day where you don't play but the notebook(average 50W) is running -> ~5$/month

40m/week isn't even unreasonable during 2x drops: I got 40m during the last 2x week solely from Treasure Hunter and I spent my time being a half-assed purge/bow *****. Any caster or an Archer would've been more useful than me in that situation, plus I was only getting 50% of the profits we made and there was no preparations, as the event was new and we had no option to do more than 1 map/day/character. And the 3% profit I noted was pretty low, I'm personally getting closer to 4-5% weekly if it's a bad week.

And the most common anti-merchanting reason? "I have no funds to start with" Farm during 2x, invest that money and voila, you're set for life.
    don't overestimate if someone told you he merchanted r9 +12...

me: wow r9 +12 how much $ you paid?
    merchant: none, i merchanted with my catshops
    me: what do you buy & sell?
    merchant: it's a secret
    me: ...

in his catshops he was selling a lot content from the packs and i doubt that he was buying them with coins to resell...
    b:chuckle

Quite a few merchants are actually very paranoid about their profits. For example, for the past few weeks I've been almost stalked by at least a few catshops that specifically cut their prices so that they were selling at a maximum of exactly 100 coins below what I was selling, plus theirs shops were set pretty much next to mine.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Was that me Olbaze? I was doing that to SOMEONE'S alt :)

If it was me, we can set prices if you like.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Was that me Olbaze? I was doing that to SOMEONE'S alt :)

If it was me, we can set prices if you like.

You're actually offering me to form a cartel on packs? How very dirty.

Considering my shop alt's name and my naming scheme, you ought to know if you're undercutting me. If not you might be ****.

b:cute
  • Dartwave - Sanctuary
    Dartwave - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Another QQ thread to expose the self-frustration for not being able to achieve any goal in this game .
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You're actually offering me to form a cartel on packs? How very dirty.

Considering my shop alt's name and my naming scheme, you ought to know if you're undercutting me. If not you might be ****.

b:cute

Nah not a cartel, was just in a price war with someone so we were both losing out. It wasn't you anyway since the alt name didn't resemble yours and, besides, it wasn't packs.

Or I could be VERY ****. Too **** to know I'm ****.
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This game is lacking stuff to do at 100+ because some of the dungeons were removed or are no longer accessible, that and the armor and skills take to long to even attempt to farm or are not farmable at all. With some simple tweaks this could easily be changed

FCC: the ability to farm this instance again, without removing the current one for leveling up.
    Simply adding an option from the starting npc to chose farm mode would be nice, of course old fcc was still hard even for the level the armor is intended for so lowering the damage from mobs would help this out a bit

REBIRTH: people now level far to fast to even get to see alpha beta and gamma most of the time, and even when you are the levels to enter these areas it can be really hard to find a squad, how about letting higher levels have access to these areas for some experience, even if they do it solo it wouldn't be so bad as it could help players 102+ level to try and catch up with those who abused a certain glitch

R8 Recast: currently if you don't buy mats from other people, and try to just simply farm this it would take 9 weeks just to get the memorial coins for each piece that just takes far too long, it should only take a 1/3 the time to do this the cost per piece needs to be lowered so its more practical to farm

R9: Simply this is just unfarmable at all there is no way to reliably get medals of glory's in the game, and 1 a week for territory wars is not enough to help every play move towards their goal, that and the total amount of chips needed is way to high considering there isnt a way to farm enough chips per token, every armor in the game should be able to be farmed, and only put into the boutique to help speed up the process

Nirvana: The only real issue here is the fact it requires a key to go in to an instance that your trying to get gear out of, there shouldn't be a limit to how many times you can go in a day

Lunar Glade: the fee for this instance should be removed, again this is an instance to farm gear, i understand the need for a coin sink but doing it to an instance to farm optional gear is not the way to go about it

Morai orders: currently just the time it takes to get the skills and pve armor from these is still too high, there should be a quest put in we could do to kill 30-40 of a mob that would reward 2-3 prestige and 1 influence that way there would be a way to work towards them instead of just dailys

Chrono skill(100 skills using 20 chrono pages): this is a tough one as chrono pages are hard to get in game, and expensive to buy from other plays, but on top of that when you do get the skills some of them dont even seem to be worth it, i currently have the Venomancer skill Arcane Antinomy and most of the mobs in the game and bosses are immune to this skill, why is it so expensive if it doesn't work on anything?

Warsoul weapons: Honestly why do these even exist if there was never a way to even work towards them, currently due to the fcc farming mode being taken out there is no way to farm these either, the cost of one should be cut down and then the power of them should be lowered so they are not as strong as a r9 weapon, but instead a really good weapon for 80-101 who may not want to go for r9

Territory wars: there should be a new pve only territory war were the goal is how quick you finish and you can compete with other factions over the fastest time for a weekly prize, this would be a nice alternative for factions who don't wish to pvp but instead pve

that is all i can think of atm but this would slowly help fix the game and bring back some balance instead of everyone shelling out for their gear now a days for gear you cant even obtain normally

Solution ?? uninstall
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Solution ?? uninstall

Pretty much. And its not like there aren't any alternatives out there. G*W*2 opens pre-purchasing from next month. b:victory
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This game is lacking stuff to do at 100+ because some of the dungeons were removed or are no longer accessible, that and the armor and skills take to long to even attempt to farm or are not farmable at all. With some simple tweaks this could easily be changed

FCC: the ability to farm this instance again, without removing the current one for leveling up.
    Simply adding an option from the starting npc to chose farm mode would be nice, of course old fcc was still hard even for the level the armor is intended for so lowering the damage from mobs would help this out a bit

REBIRTH: people now level far to fast to even get to see alpha beta and gamma most of the time, and even when you are the levels to enter these areas it can be really hard to find a squad, how about letting higher levels have access to these areas for some experience, even if they do it solo it wouldn't be so bad as it could help players 102+ level to try and catch up with those who abused a certain glitch

R8 Recast: currently if you don't buy mats from other people, and try to just simply farm this it would take 9 weeks just to get the memorial coins for each piece that just takes far too long, it should only take a 1/3 the time to do this the cost per piece needs to be lowered so its more practical to farm

R9: Simply this is just unfarmable at all there is no way to reliably get medals of glory's in the game, and 1 a week for territory wars is not enough to help every play move towards their goal, that and the total amount of chips needed is way to high considering there isnt a way to farm enough chips per token, every armor in the game should be able to be farmed, and only put into the boutique to help speed up the process

Nirvana: The only real issue here is the fact it requires a key to go in to an instance that your trying to get gear out of, there shouldn't be a limit to how many times you can go in a day

Lunar Glade: the fee for this instance should be removed, again this is an instance to farm gear, i understand the need for a coin sink but doing it to an instance to farm optional gear is not the way to go about it

Morai orders: currently just the time it takes to get the skills and pve armor from these is still too high, there should be a quest put in we could do to kill 30-40 of a mob that would reward 2-3 prestige and 1 influence that way there would be a way to work towards them instead of just dailys

Chrono skill(100 skills using 20 chrono pages): this is a tough one as chrono pages are hard to get in game, and expensive to buy from other plays, but on top of that when you do get the skills some of them dont even seem to be worth it, i currently have the Venomancer skill Arcane Antinomy and most of the mobs in the game and bosses are immune to this skill, why is it so expensive if it doesn't work on anything?

Warsoul weapons: Honestly why do these even exist if there was never a way to even work towards them, currently due to the fcc farming mode being taken out there is no way to farm these either, the cost of one should be cut down and then the power of them should be lowered so they are not as strong as a r9 weapon, but instead a really good weapon for 80-101 who may not want to go for r9

Territory wars: there should be a new pve only territory war were the goal is how quick you finish and you can compete with other factions over the fastest time for a weekly prize, this would be a nice alternative for factions who don't wish to pvp but instead pve

that is all i can think of atm but this would slowly help fix the game and bring back some balance instead of everyone shelling out for their gear now a days for gear you cant even obtain normally

You apparently didn't get. It suppose to be NOT farmable. That's why you have CS. You need to just buy to win. Not farm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Pretty much. And its not like there aren't any alternatives out there. G*W*2 opens pre-purchasing from next month. b:victory

This is the best news ever.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    PWI: Mafia Wars?

... sweeet. b:nosebleed
  • bladerunnerdm
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ...Let's say it's 3 hours, in 3 hours you can farm anywhere between 4 to 5 million coins just farming DQ and selling it in a cat shop or in AH...

i wonder where everyone got the numbers from...

here are some facts
    • + farmed exactly 60 minutes
    • + character: full buffed r8 assassin
    • + momaganon at ironite/herb spot
    • + farmed during normal drop (no double)
    • + drops were sold to npc, herbs sold to catshops

Results: http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9382/farming.gif

let's assume double drop -> 566504 coins/hour
    let's assume double drop & selling through your own cat shop (+30%) -> 736455 coins/hour

that isn't even close to 1.3m coins/hour

AOE is not an option, i got higher costs on my seeker and can't pull to much mobs because of aggro lose...
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i wonder where everyone got the numbers from...

here are some facts
    • + farmed exactly 60 minutes
    • + character: full buffed r8 assassin
    • + momaganon at ironite/herb spot
    • + farmed during normal drop (no double)
    • + drops were sold to npc, herbs sold to catshops

Results: http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9382/farming.gif

let's assume double drop -> 566504 coins/hour
    let's assume double drop & selling through your own cat shop (+30%) -> 736455 coins/hour

that isn't even close to 1.3m coins/hour

AOE is not an option, i got higher costs on my seeker and can't pull to much mobs because of aggro lose...

Looking at your numbers, it sure looks like you'd be better off just farming the herbs instead.

Also, you only got ~30 DQs, that's pretty **** for 1 hour. That tells me that the mob you're grinding is ****. The Ironite Demon has a combined odds of 13.6205% of dropping DQs, whereas for example Goothe has a much better 14.0196%, not to mention a pretty damn good 2.5206% for Colored Glue. Of course, since most of your coins comes from herbs, the fact that you're even grinding DQs in the first place is kinda weird.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It doesn't make it not farmable, i don't believe you put in the time to farm the whole amount since it takes hours and hours of farming, every single day...for months and months....and months....and months.

You're right. I mostly merchanted it, which required exceedingly less effort on my part.

Oh please.
    Quite a few merchants are actually very paranoid about their profits. For example, for the past few weeks I've been almost stalked by at least a few catshops that specifically cut their prices so that they were selling at a maximum of exactly 100 coins below what I was selling, plus theirs shops were set pretty much next to mine.

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bladerunnerdm
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Looking at your numbers, it sure looks like you'd be better off just farming the herbs instead.

Also, you only got ~30 DQs, that's pretty **** for 1 hour. That tells me that the mob you're grinding is ****. The Ironite Demon has a combined odds of 13.6205% of dropping DQs, whereas for example Goothe has a much better 14.0196%, not to mention a pretty damn good 2.5206% for Colored Glue. Of course, since most of your coins comes from herbs, the fact that you're even grinding DQs in the first place is kinda weird.

i just wanted to test if it's true what people saying here, i'm usually cleaning fcc and sell heads...

so you say i get tons of more dq by killing goethe?

in this area are only cheap herbs if i rember right, so i'll focus on mobs when i test it later

if you have some numbers please post them instead of giving vague assumptions or it will confuse the ordinary players which believe what is said here
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    if you have some numbers please post them instead of giving vague assumptions that confuse the ordinary players which believe what you say

Farming 3-4m a day isn't difficult at all. Merchanting another 2-5m a day isn't all that hard either.

He's not putting up unrealistic goals.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • bladerunnerdm
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Farming 3-4m a day isn't difficult at all. Merchanting another 2-5m a day isn't all that hard either.

sure it's realistic, but please tell me how to farm 4-5m coins through DQ in 3 hours?

okay let's go reverse:

4m / 3 hours -> 1.3m / hour
    assumption: DQ item -> 6k
    -> 216DQ / hour
    assumption: 15% drop chance
    -> 1444mobs / hour
    -> 24mobs / minute

sorry no way
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    sure it's realistic, but please tell me how to farm 4-5m coins through DQ in 3 hours?

I'm not saying you can farm 4-5m in DQ every 3 hours being a sin. As a sin, farming DQ would be one of the last things you'd try to do I would think... a BM can grind 1m an hour on 3rd map on normal drops, but nirvana or tt would still pay better. All I said is farming 4-5m in 3 hours isn't an unrealistic number.

I'm not familiar with the specific mobs that Olbaze is talking about, perhaps you should try them.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i just wanted to test if it's true what people saying here, i'm usually cleaning fcc and sell heads...

so you say i get tons of more dq by killing goethe?

in this area are only cheap herbs if i rember right, so i'll focus on mobs when i test it later

if you have some numbers please post them instead of giving vague assumptions or it will confuse the ordinary players which believe what is said here

You really cannot make an argument against grinding DQs if you're instead going to get majority of your profits from the non-grinding portion, e.g. the herbs.

With the respawn rate of herbs, you'd be easily making double, if not triple the amount you made in grinding if you were instead on a dedicated herb route.

Heck, you're looking at about 1.3m/day just from BH100 and Cube, on average.

Where in the fish did Michael say anything about grinding DQs for it?

And besides, DQ is one of the dumbest ideas for money. You'd be better off doing solomode TTs or farming herbs.