HT Political Thread

Options
Knownase - Heavens Tear
Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Etherblade (West)
Since it's Super Tuesday here in the U.S. as of this post, let's have a chat about politics.

Are you politically conscious of current events, or politically active where you live?

No need to spill your personal political beliefs unless you want, just remember, politics is a high flammable topic. b:shocked

Personally, if California was a "Super Tuesday" state, I would have gone and voted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
-Certified Barbarian Master-
-You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
-Master of Coffee-
Post edited by Knownase - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• HunterRich - Heavens Tear
    HunterRich - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ahh what the heck ill dive in. if California was voting, i would be there casting my vote cause as much as we need a replacement for the current iddiot in charge, im not getting a good feeling Romney is the answer. although when and if he gets the nomination, if he can pull a rabbit out of the hat and pick a VP canidate that helps, thats the only way i see him winning in november.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I honestly see Rick and Newt dropping out soon, sooner depending on today's results.

Mitt Romney has no reason to drop, and Ron Paul constantly affects the political scene with just his presence because he's just awesome like that, so I don't see him dropping out soon either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Here's a copy of my rant/surmise of my thoughts about politics and politicians. Enjoy

Nobody ever told politicians that...

- They really, really need to shut the hell up...
    - Everybody knows they're lying their heads off...
    - nobody cares if a law is written on toilet paper or gold, if it's a ****ty law, it will stay ****ty regardless...and we wont like it...
    - if the debt is so high why don't you start saving up by lowering your wages first? even if there's not many of you (thank god for that), the fact that you earn 3-5 times as much as the average worker stands quite against you...
    - the fact that you can fly yourself to switzerland, to get treated when you get sick, dosen't mean that your country dosen't need health care...
    - the fact that you can send your kids to a college in switzerland dosen't mean that your country dosen't need education...
    - maybe you should ask the people in switzerland why their system works so well and try it out in the country you're supposed to serve...
    - you don't deserve the chair you're sitting on if you can drive past a homeless person and not feel guilty about it...
    - you don't deserve the chair you're sitting on if you can skip a line of people waiting at the hospital and not feel ashamed about it...
    - you really need to lower your wages...
    - nobody cares about your private lives, but it still bothers if you act like birdheads...seriously...if you can't run a normal relationship, how do you expect us to trust you'll be able to run a country?
    - if you make a tax, and call it "provisional" to get it trhough, it's supposed and expected to be removed ..."provisional" is not a synonim for "permanent", and no...we wont forget about it...not even after 10 years...
    - there's nothing more sad, than seeing a promising politician, that acts like he actually cares, end up behaving like the rest
    - you are insulting the people who voted for you by answering a question and not giving an answer at all...
    - "diplomacy" is not a synonim for "hypocrisy"...
    - no...you're not the new "nobility"...I wont bow at your sight...thank you...
    - the use of scandals from your personal lives to divert the attention from the bull**** laws you're making pass should be made illegal...
    - yes, we know that you went into it to try to change the world...what we wanna know is...when exactly did that goal "slip your mind"?
    - you should really put a leash on bureacracy...
    - the use of shortmimded views of bureacrats to clog the people at their jobs so they don't know what's going on, should be made punishable with medieval torture devices...
    - watching you guys discuss stuff on TV makes 5 year old children look civilized when they argue...
    - when setting up a referendum question it should be put in the little print that "the question must be clear, and not confusing, and it should explain what the damn referendum is about in a way that people can actually understand (or in other words...no "lawyer talk")"...
    - it dosen't really matter if a bandage is 2 or 3 inches wide, if there is no money to buy it anyway...
    - "history is written by the winners" dosen't mean that you can turn a ****ed in the head serial murderer into a saint...
    - yes, I am writing this blog, and yes I am aware of the meaning of each and every word used in here...are you aware of the meanings too?
    - you do know that you were "supposed to make it better"...right?
    - you know...if a house starts falling on your head because you thought it was a great idea to take down one of the "main support" walls, you should be able to admit that the person who warned you it would happen was right...if an expert tells you not to do something, you should listen...

Politics is the most disapointing subject in any country, but people should become aware of the fact that the less you know about it the worser it will get, since the damn idiots wont be worried about what people think, for people won't even know what's going on. The saying goes "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer..." don't forget to keep an eye on politicians....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • _Senrai - Heavens Tear
    _Senrai - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Here's a copy of my rant/surmise of my thoughts about politics and politicians. Enjoy

- nobody cares if a law is written on toilet paper or gold, if it's a ****ty law, it will stay ****ty regardless...and we wont like it...
    - if the debt is so high why don't you start saving up by lowering your wages first? even if there's not many of you (thank god for that), the fact that you earn 3-5 times as much as the average worker stands quite against you...
    - the fact that you can fly yourself to switzerland, to get treated when you get sick, dosen't mean that your country dosen't need health care...
    - the fact that you can send your kids to a college in switzerland dosen't mean that your country dosen't need education...
    - maybe you should ask the people in switzerland why their system works so well and try it out in the country you're supposed to serve...
    - you don't deserve the chair you're sitting on if you can drive past a homeless person and not feel guilty about it...
    - you don't deserve the chair you're sitting on if you can skip a line of people waiting at the hospital and not feel ashamed about it...
    - nobody cares about your private lives, but it still bothers if you act like birdheads...seriously...if you can't run a normal relationship, how do you expect us to trust you'll be able to run a country?
    - if you make a tax, and call it "provisional" to get it trhough, it's supposed and expected to be removed ..."provisional" is not a synonim for "permanent", and no...we wont forget about it...not even after 10 years...
    - there's nothing more sad, than seeing a promising politician, that acts like he actually cares, end up behaving like the rest
    - you are insulting the people who voted for you by answering a question and not giving an answer at all...
    - the use of scandals from your personal lives to divert the attention from the bull**** laws you're making pass should be made illegal...
    - yes, we know that you went into it to try to change the world...what we wanna know is...when exactly did that goal "slip your mind"?
    - the use of shortmimded views of bureacrats to clog the people at their jobs so they don't know what's going on, should be made punishable with medieval torture devices...
    - watching you guys discuss stuff on TV makes 5 year old children look civilized when they argue...
    - when setting up a referendum question it should be put in the little print that "the question must be clear, and not confusing, and it should explain what the damn referendum is about in a way that people can actually understand (or in other words...no "lawyer talk")"...
    - it dosen't really matter if a bandage is 2 or 3 inches wide, if there is no money to buy it anyway...
    - "history is written by the winners" dosen't mean that you can turn a ****ed in the head serial murderer into a saint...
    - yes, I am writing this blog, and yes I am aware of the meaning of each and every word used in here...are you aware of the meanings too?
    - you know...if a house starts falling on your head because you thought it was a great idea to take down one of the "main support" walls, you should be able to admit that the person who warned you it would happen was right...if an expert tells you not to do something, you should listen...

Politics is the most disapointing subject in any country, but people should become aware of the fact that the less you know about it the worser it will get, since the damn idiots wont be worried about what people think, for people won't even know what's going on. The saying goes "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer..." don't forget to keep an eye on politicians....

Unfortunately I'm one of those people with their head's in the sand on political issues. And some of the things you were referring to.......well they went over mah head.

But I agree with most of what you said! b:victory
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm happy i don't live in the US.
    I'd have a hard time voting because politicians there are too conservative.

So not too weird that i always root for the democrats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm happy i don't live in the US.
    I'd have a hard time voting because politicians there are too conservative.

So not too weird that i always root for the democrats.

Yea, U.S. politics is simply childish. Politicians like to victimize themselves to gain favor and attention from the public.

I personally do not like most of the Republican ideology, however democrats are just as bad, currently they are pushovers in the U.S. Gov't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Frankly I'm more interested in the "political turmoil" in WC yesterday over some former Enrage dropping teles like popcorn to rant @ his former faction...

<grabs a chair and some cheesy-poofs>
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Frankly I'm more interested in the "political turmoil" in WC yesterday over some former Enrage dropping teles like popcorn to rant @ his former faction...

<grabs a chair and some cheesy-poofs>

awwww i missed the drama?
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Obama 2012. b:victory

All you republican racists and women haters are going down. b:beatup
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Honestly, I would rather have Obama over the others, besides Ron Paul, but he's a different story.

The other three Republicans would cram religious ideology down the throats of Americans. I tolerate religion, just don't force it on me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear
    Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Romney has decent momentum. I would like to see Ron Paul have more support though. Time will tell, I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Karma | ex-GoldDigrz | ex-xWaRx | ex-Reunited | ex-Tao
    Gryphyyn (10x Archer) | Tyyphoon (10x Assassin) | Ryyft (8x Seeker)

Fearless. | karmapwi.com
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I support Ron Paul out of the 4 Republicans, however Mitt Romney is also tolerable, just barely though for me. Newt is just....too controversial for popularity, and Santorum is borderline religious extremist in my opinion.

Ron Paul chances are going down though, but he can still impact by either:

-Run Independent, like most of his supporters are calling out for if the Republican thing isn't working out.

or...

-The delegates ultimately choose him, regardless of the state and politician that won, in most cases.

Also, you can believe the conspiracy mindset and say the system is rigged, its out to get him, etc, etc, etc, NWO, etc. Personally, I think aliens are laughing at us. :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • HunterRich - Heavens Tear
    HunterRich - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    well if you believe any of the political talk, Ron Paul is staying in it til the other 2 drop out playing buddy, buddy with Romney cause theres talk of getting Paul's son on the republican ticket as the VP choice if Romney ends up as the republican choice for president. if that happens i doubt Ron Paul will go any further by switching to independent and being this years version of Ross Perot.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    well if you believe any of the political talk, Ron Paul is staying in it til the other 2 drop out playing buddy, buddy with Romney cause theres talk of getting Paul's son on the republican ticket as the VP choice if Romney ends up as the republican choice for president. if that happens i doubt Ron Paul will go any further by switching to independent and being this years version of Ross Perot.

Yea, I heard about that, and I honestly thought it had some conspiratorial elements, the media spicing up a story and such. Not sure how a Mitt Romney/Rand Paul ticket would look like...it would cause quite a stir though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Been wondering. How much does it cost to vote in the US. Do you need some kind of permit or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It's free to vote. Free stickers for everyone. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Been wondering. How much does it cost to vote in the US. Do you need some kind of permit or something?

It's free to vote, however some states may require certain items to prevent voter fraud, which isn't working much in this current election anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    republicans far to conservative for me and too closed minded. I like Obama like what he has done and trying to do. But democrats in general are huge wusses and need to grow some balls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I like anyone who can get a Nobel prize for doing nothing!

b:victory Change that we can believe in has actually happened!

No change at all b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I like anyone who can get a Nobel prize for doing nothing!

b:victory Change that we can believe in has actually happened!

No change at all b:cute

Getting a nobel prize for doing nothing is better then getting one for an half assed incorrect dumb report on global warming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    idk, id have to say at the very least he tried to bring a legit issue about. if its all true or not I think only time can tell for certain. Where i live is currently in the midst of what sceientists beleive to be a 8-10 year drought. The last long term drought happened around the 1960's. They also beleive we are about 3 years in already. This stuff happens throughout the history of the planet (of what we recorded)

regardless tho, one could assume that Obama got his for just simply being Black, or being the first black president...i dont care either way really, but it really removes much of any credibility for the award and the commitee itself.

Where is the prize for those who actually brought about social change in race (in the US at leaste) MLK, Parks, Malcom X...or on a global scale Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Ghandi, Dhali Lama (oh noes the chinease will get meh for that one b:shocked)

point is Obama was constitutional law professor, who has done his best to destroy what he is sworn to protect. and yet W got so much shiat for what he did...but now that a Pro is destroying it....its all good

and he is black :D

I really hated this topic when i first saw it...now i really hate it...there will be much flaming i have no doubt

Ron Paul really remindes me of my grandpa..."dont you spend that money on candy Bale, it will rot your teeth and you will have no lunch money...tisk tisk" is how i hear him speak mostly LOL

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    And this is why I'm a liberal ..>.>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    And this is why I'm a liberal ..>.>;

lol?

← confused by that :D

as cliche as it may be...I am American...i dont pigeon-hold myself to one particular political party, as they are all nucking futs!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    idk, id have to say at the very least he tried to bring a legit issue about. if its all true or not I think only time can tell for certain. Where i live is currently in the midst of what sceientists beleive to be a 8-10 year drought. The last long term drought happened around the 1960's. They also beleive we are about 3 years in already. This stuff happens throughout the history of the planet (of what we recorded

He tried with a report that has proven to be amateur and false. Research was done half assed and very amateur like. The results from it are far from correct. You don't help anyone by scaring the world like a dumb ***.

As for climate change, since i've been studying quaternary geology i can say that when you speak of climate change, you can only speak about a small area. Because climates are VERY locational. The northern hemisphere might be losing ice. But nobody is telling us that antarctica is actually gaining ice. And even that comparison in climate changes we have in the world is very large scale. Climate changes are even much smaller then that. It's just that people who got no clue about it, just listen to a dumb *** like al gore and repeat the same thing that was based on a report that's basically thrown into the trashcan.

The world has known periods in time when it was MUCH hotter then it is today. In a time when humans didn't even excist. And it's a fact that the earth has a certain cycle like summer and winter, but over much larger time scales, cycles of 100.000 years. The amount of ice ages we've had is unbelievable high. Perhaps over 10.000 ice ages also known as a glacial period. That means you also have over 10.000 interglacial periods, which we are in today.

Good graph with ice ages and temperature from cores.
    http://www.planetseed.com/files/uploadedimages/Science/Earth_Science/Global_Climate_Change_and_Energy/Related_Articles/global_temp2.jpg

Finally, any scientist who studies climate change knows that when you speak of a certain climate, you speak of a period of 30 years or more. Those period spans are compared with other periods. Comparing just one year with another is not how it's done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    dun get me wrong shif, I am not a supporter of the "global warming" bandwagon...i personally am of the thought Humans are nothing more than viruses with shoes, and mother will cleanse all in the end anyway...do i think we are damaging the earth? absolutely...do i think that my generation, or 3x generations from now can possibly do anything to fix it? Not really...it will take considerably longer than we have time for...best bet?

lets figure out a way to pollute Uranus..?b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I heard most people in US are hoping that Obama continues another term in office because the other possibilities don't inspire confidence?

Is this true?

I'm not in the States, so just wanna hear what you guys have to say. I'm quoting the local papers in my country btw.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I heard most people in US are hoping that Obama continues another term in office because the other possibilities don't inspire confidence?

Is this true?

I'm not in the States, so just wanna hear what you guys have to say. I'm quoting the local papers in my country btw.

Depending how you look at it, it's can be true, because the Republican candidates are not pleasing at all this year, for the Republicans. They tried getting other people to run, but it didn't simply turn out like they wanted. This election is really a big mess, so many reports of vote fraud happening in the primary and caucus events. Most wouldn't mind another Obama term, however he has passed some stupid ****, like the NDAA laws...which only makes this election discouraging.

However, aside Obama, a lot of young people want Ron Paul to win. If you browse Youtube, you sometimes come across a random comment saying "Ron Paul 2012" or something like that, but even then, he's is not winning, unless you believe the conspiracies ppl are making about the system, which is always up to you for personal interpretation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • momentosayss
    momentosayss Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

lol...you are dumb. It's not that politicians are liars. It's that every politician that proposes to raise taxes gets crucified in the polls. People work hard to become politicians. They spend 30-40 years to get a seat in the house or senate. You honestly think someone is gonna throw that away because they have some moral obligation? If people weren't stupid, politicians wouldn't have to lie. Politicians aren't inherently liars, they are pragmatic and doing what anyone else in their position would do.

As for the deficit...America is supposed to decline, it's the natural order of things. It isn't really a crisis. America has a smaller population than the rest of the world. Therefore, if we have indeed lost our competitive advantage in technology, and Asian countries share the same technology as we do, then it is only natural that they produce more GDP because they have more people.

I don't know why I'm even bothering... It's probably beyond your comprehension anyway.
  • momentosayss
    momentosayss Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Depending how you look at it, it's can be true, because the Republican candidates are not pleasing at all this year, for the Republicans. They tried getting other people to run, but it didn't simply turn out like they wanted. This election is really a big mess, so many reports of vote fraud happening in the primary and caucus events. Most wouldn't mind another Obama term, however he has passed some stupid ****, like the NDAA laws...which only makes this election discouraging.

However, aside Obama, a lot of young people want Ron Paul to win. If you browse Youtube, you sometimes come across a random comment saying "Ron Paul 2012" or something like that, but even then, he's is not winning, unless you believe the conspiracies ppl are making about the system, which is always up to you for personal interpretation.

The reason more prominent Republicans aren't running is that the winner of this election must raise taxes or make an effort to settle the debt somehow.

This equates to political suicide. Basically, they are gonna run one term with no hopes for a second. That's why many would rather let Obama serve a second term. Democrats have a higher chance of winning too because California is always democratic and that's about 1/3 of the votes needed to win.

So only second string candidates that wouldn't have the opportunity otherwise are running.
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    lol...you are dumb. It's not that politicians are liars. It's that every politician that proposes to raise taxes gets crucified in the polls. People work hard to become politicians. They spend 30-40 years to get a seat in the house or senate. You honestly think someone is gonna throw that away because they have some moral obligation? If people weren't stupid, politicians wouldn't have to lie. Politicians aren't inherently liars, they are pragmatic and doing what anyone else in their position would do.

As for the deficit...America is supposed to decline, it's the natural order of things. It isn't really a crisis. America has a smaller population than the rest of the world. Therefore, if we have indeed lost our competitive advantage in technology, and Asian countries share the same technology as we do, then it is only natural that they produce more GDP because they have more people.

I don't know why I'm even bothering... It's probably beyond your comprehension anyway.

^Said by the guy who spammed most of the HT threads with absurd postsb:shutup

well...excuse me...I guess 300+ milion people trully is a small number compared to China (2 bil 8k GDP) . Hmmmm....let me check the population rate of Switzerland (7,9 mil people 43k GDP per capita), France(65 mil 35k GDP per capita), Germany (81 mil 37k GDP), Luxembourg (500k people...GDP 83k per capita), Norway (4.9 mil 53k GDP). BTW the GDP of the United States is 48k American Dollars (all GDPs are presented in dollars). Considering the population/GDP rate YOU should be doing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Norway, or France, or Germany...but you're not...answer?
    If the numbers don't agree with the facts, it's usually a symptom of bad managemnet.

Oh also, I know personally 5 politicians in my country (I'm not from the US btw...whatever made you think that? My post never pointed at a particular country), so I know how they worked and what they did, and some of my thread comes from that knowledge, because I do not agree with their way of "pragmatic service of a country".

Oh, but I'm stupid and don't know anything of the world...I've lived and experienced the political life of 3 countries so far...but sure...go tell yourself I'm dumbb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)