[Event] V-day Screen Shot Contest Winners Announced!

Comments

• Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    *sighs* Mine still aren't up there .-. I uploaded them the 14th ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Galliano - Heavens Tear
    Galliano - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Looks like the event failed. lol
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the annoying part is that we have been asking this question since before the contest was even over and frankie still has no response for us..... b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    asking what question? o-o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • senshitiger
    senshitiger Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Looks like the event failed. lol

Yep...

I sure hope they'll manage to find our SS. If not, it definitely failed lol. b:surrender
  • Battleshred - Heavens Tear
    Battleshred - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    yeah, hopefully will be soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raffaell - Sanctuary
    Raffaell - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Having the same problem Uploaded them around 14-15 and can't see them anywhere.. :(
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey guys,

The last of the submissions were uploaded to the Fan Content section yesterday evening. We've got over 800 to go through but we'll get them judged as quickly as we can.

Thanks for your patience!

b:thanks
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I think if someone deleted all the double uploads and the spammers images, that would cut in half, if not even a third XD

But yea, seeing how so many people posted nearly the same scene with just a little difference, maybe a limit of entries would be cool next time. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • frankieraye
    edited February 2012
    I think if someone deleted all the double uploads and the spammers images, that would cut in half, if not even a third XD

But yea, seeing how so many people posted nearly the same scene with just a little difference, maybe a limit of entries would be cool next time. b:surrender

I considered it, but then it's so easy to get around it by just logging onto a different account and uploading another screen shot. I figure by picking this route, the playing field is at least leveled.
  • Babizoka - Dreamweaver
    Babizoka - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I got only one of the two images i sent uploaded. Guess i should have spammed them to show up.

Well, 800 submits, sure,sure. 104 pages and most of them are spammed images.

This should be a fair contest. LMFAO.
    Wait... what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I dont understand how... you say that the uploader was fixed, yet only 2/3 images that I submitted probably 4 times, only showed up once and you are still missing one of my entries.

If the uploader wasn't working why didn't you just ask people to submit links here in this thread? How do you even consider this a fair contest when your website assured people their images were uploaded yet... they were really never received??

I guess after being here for almost 3 years I should have learned not to expect anything better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Since I only submitted one, my chances of winning against the 40+ duplicates of certain screenies I saw floating around the 90 pages of entries are about as good as a popsicle's chance in hell. And since it doesn't have sins/earthguards in it, I'll NEVER win.

Oh well, my entry was received at least. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    everyone has the same odds of winning, since 1 person can only win for 1 screenshot (1 person cant win multiple times)

its not like a lottery system when the more tickets you put into a drawing the more likely you are to win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    everyone has the same odds of winning, since 1 person can only win for 1 screenshot (1 person cant win multiple times)

its not like a lottery system when the more tickets you put into a drawing the more likely you are to win.

Well it's more like the judges will pick the one that stood out to them most. And after going though screenshots, the ones that are most likely to leave an impression are the ones they see over and over again and liked. That's because they're more likely to remember just from the sheer number of times they saw it. For example, the pic of yours I can remember most clearly is that wedding one because it's the one I saw the most. But the picture I liked best of yours is actually the library one. Still the one whose details I can remember the easiest is the one that is the most numerous. However, since the GMs are aware of the issue. I'm sure they can filter it out and combat it that way, in order to make sure that it's fair.

And even though people are being critical, I think that it's completely unfair. Most of the pictures that have repeats are not just different angles, they are the same picture. And people uploaded them multiple times because the GMs were very slow in showing them to the public and the uploader itself had a lot of problems. Causing people to upload them even more often. It isn't your fault (or any of the other people who have tons of repeats) that they are so many of them. If the GMs had uploaded the pictures within the time frame they specified on the uploading tool, and had one a simple filter by name to make sure that several copies weren't being uploaded by the same person, it wouldn't have happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • frankieraye
    edited March 2012
    So guys, the GM's have finished judging the and the winners have been decided. We'll publish the results in next Tuesday's news post.

See you then! b:thanks
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    pretty sure I submitted entries waay before the deadlines (even before that first deadline). Really bummed not a single one made it. Even more bummed that upon viewing the recent entries I see some of the same spammed images. I know an apology was made for those, but is it really that hard to sit there and filter thru what was a small amount of images (and still, quite frankly, is)? Maybe im missing that there could possibly be more important priorities than assisting the community of PWI and helping them with this frustrating upload situation. I don't normally complain, but taking screenies in PWI is something I will always love about this game. Make it a part of a contest and I get extremely pumped. If my prnt scrn button had bones, theyd be broken in millions of places from being pushed so many times seeking that perfect angle and moment. Probably should have double checked to make sure my entries went through but I didnt. :\ Oh well, guess theres always other screenshot events. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    I honestly didn't even expect mine to be up there, ever. But they finally are x__x
    thanks Frankie :)

@Narriru: be sure to check all pages :o I uploaded mine on the 14th, and they're on page 72 & 73 ._."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    I honestly didn't even expect mine to be up there, ever. But they finally are x__x
    thanks Frankie :)

@Narriru: be sure to check all pages :o I uploaded mine on the 14th, and they're on page 72 & 73 ._."

woohoo. Saw 3 entries. Ofc not the one I wanted to get pushed through though :< 3 is better than none. Inb4 frankie snuck them in. >_> Kidding! I guess looking at 4:30 am on a mobile phone with a 3 inch wide screen didn't help either. Ty Hazumi for having me go back and double check on an actual computer. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    hehe np :) glad at least some made it through Narrirub:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShizuko - Dreamweaver
    XShizuko - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    So guys, the GM's have finished judging the and the winners have been decided. We'll publish the results in next Tuesday's news post.

See you then! b:thanks

OH MAH GAWD DID I WIN?

b:thanksb:chuckleb:pleased
    [SIGPIC]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8250/lollr.gif[/SIGPIC]

この静かな夜に...
    In this silent night...

在这宁【静】的夜晚中
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    THIS JUST IN:

I lose! Yay :D

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Dio_Ren - Heavens Tear
    Dio_Ren - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hey guys,

We're running a Valentine's Day Event and Screen shot contest; all info can be found here:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=460731

See you there, and good luck!

Update: Hey everyone; since loads of people are having trouble uploading images, we're going to extend the deadline by one week while our team looks into it. Since Descent is coming out tonight, fixing the upload issue wouldn't be a top priority, so that's the reason for the full week delay.

Sorry about the confusion, and about the bug itself; we'll get everything back up and running as soon as possible.

New deadline: 2/22/2012 at 12pm PST!

Thanks!

When do we get a winner and 2nd place and 3rd place in this valentines contest ?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    the "Pucker UP" shot was neat xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    same goes for me, my upload was successful, but it doesnt show up in the gallery :/

Same. Really rather upset by this. It said it was successful and all that. I'm happy with the winners and all but I can't help but feel rather gipped about this whole entry thing. One shouldn't need to spam the same entry several times just to get looked at once.

http://tinypic.com/r/345j4lc/5 This is what I was spamming for about an hour. If anyone cares now..

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drama - Lothranis
    Drama - Lothranis Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Same. Really rather upset by this. It said it was successful and all that. I'm happy with the winners and all but I can't help but feel rather gipped about this whole entry thing. One shouldn't need to spam the same entry several times just to get looked at once.

http://tinypic.com/r/345j4lc/5 This is what I was spamming for about an hour. If anyone cares now..

b:surrender

porbably would have been one of the winners tbh
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Congratz to the winners! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Not even surprised. Maybe I should have spammed my images too so they appear on every second site. On top of it it's probably the worst entry of that person. lol

Four of five winners are just meh. Sure, it's a couple but where's the typical valentines feeling? There so much better shots ~_~

Congrats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Congratulations to the winners! >:D
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Not even surprised. Maybe I should have spammed my images too so they appear on every second site. On top of it it's probably the worst entry of that person. lol

Four of five winners are just meh. Sure, it's a couple but where's the typical valentines feeling? There so much better shots ~_~

Congrats.

Agreed, and honestly I don't even remember seeing 3 of the winners (one ofc being spammed). Not very memorable shots but oh well. Love to me just seems much more deeper than the winners portrayed. The pucker up was really cute and creative. As for the others, not feeling them at all :\ We have some really dedicated and passionate screenie makers and takers, shame they were beat by simplistic entries. grats regardless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]