Tu Suc Toxin- Good Litmus Test of Playerbase?

Options
VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
So I've had the ahem, pleasure, of running this instance several times now. I gotta say, it really seems to separate the absolute morons who don't know their class (or understand how other classes worked) from everyone else.

Examples of the fails I've run with:

One particular group I ran with, we had to start over the relay race seven times. SEVEN times. I counted after like the third failue. I explained how it worked after every failed run, but someone always was impatient and ran out their spots.

Then you got the boss that does the knockback. You know how many I've seen get flung around repeatedly because they won't stand next to a stone? At least two in every squad.

Or the boss that does the burn. I've seen casters and archers insist on standing in one spot and killing the adds, while insisting that the sins chase the bird around the platform with crappy bows. I kept insisting to them it wouldn't aggro them, and it would go a lot faster if they did DD on it but they refused. What's the point in bringing you if you're not gonna use your class to shine on the one of the few instances where having too many melee dds is a really stupid thing?

I was in one squad where the cleric refused to bring any archers or casters, because their "DD sucked." When I said that it would make the bird boss go faster, and that some classes were more suited to parts of the relay race than other classes. So should at least have one or two. The response? LOL NO! Same cleric insisted on bbing during that boss. I mean, is it really that hard to avoid the flames? Get one melee who don't have a good bow (like a bm and barb for example) to handle the barbs and then just run back to the edge when it announces its gonna burn everything. The flames don't reach there, and you get ample warning. If you accidentally catch on fire, jump into the water and hit the boss a few times on his loop back around to make use of the situation.

That instance has also showed me people who are very good at their class. Knowing all the lanes and diving people properly accordingly. Explaining the texts well. I went in one blended squad where we out extremely quickly, even though it was my very first run. We didn't fail the relay race once. The one person who didn't speak english asked questions in their native tongue to their friend who did, and they explained it to them in squad chat. Which made everyone more comfortable because that person was fine with taking directions and asking questions before they screwed up about things they didn't know about.

What do you guys think of the new instance?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
Pusillanimous:
1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
Post edited by VenusArmani - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Drama - Lothranis
    Drama - Lothranis Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Omg yes +30000 to this thread. I was in a squad on my main this one moron sin kept making the race fail , we stopped trying and quit squad after 13 times.
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Like you said, it really can show the good and bad of the playerbase. I've not had a bad squad yet. Certainly some new people who didn't know what to do yet. A couple times we had to start over because a newbie to the instance followed the cleric and guide out of their section, but that was an honest mistake. Sometimes it takes **** up once and learning from it and it was no biggie really.

My first time in the instance went very smoothly too because our squad leader was very kind and explained everything. At first glance the instance looks confusing as all hell with the beams of light and arrows etc. I'm still learning what each of the crystals at the beginning mean in terms of what mobs you'll be up against. I will probably get it memorized after a few more runs, I've only gone about three times now.

But no I can't say I've ever had a terrible squad. It does take some patience to run it if you have new people, but it's not that bad. So far everyone I've gone with has taken direction very well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm actually with you on this one--you've got to love people who have no idea what the hell they're doing with themselves.

And of course, you have the completely dense, whom you have to explain that this is a relay, please don't go past the mirror on the other side, fifty different times before they actually get it.

I've had people who have kicked out casters because "They don't DD fast enough."
    ....Well, good luck on the Phys. Immune lane....ijs. b:bye
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    For an understanding of how the player bases of MMOs work (and a good laugh), check out this article on Cracked.com. ~~~> "Understanding <other MMO game name> Using Super Mario Bros."

http://www.cracked.com/blog/understanding-the-world-of-********-using-super-mario-brothers/
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm actually with you on this one--you've got to love people who have no idea what the hell they're doing with themselves.

And of course, you have the completely dense, whom you have to explain that this is a relay, please don't go past the mirror on the other side, fifty different times before they actually get it.

I've had people who have kicked out casters because "They don't DD fast enough."
    ....Well, good luck on the Phys. Immune lane....ijs. b:bye

This is why if I ever do stuff like this I would rather do it with people I know. The playerbase on this game anymore are obnoxious of course what can you expect when it's a f2p game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    YingFei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So I was freaking out over that instance and wouldn't go there cause of all the people going RAWR at others for being noobs.
    "OMG fail squad again OMG"

Then my friend finally managed to drag me there and i was freaking out all the way cause of unclear explanation. "ok we might fail" "Just follow us do what we do" "we'll fail" "stay here dont move, then run" "we'll fail" - The only tihng I understood was "we're gonna fail"
    Then it went like that...
    "What do you mean - lane support? Do i jump off NOW? Will you rez me? What does this boss do? Wait... Bridge... Oh shi~ Wait, we're done....?"

Didnt have to restart even once.

The 2nd time I went with half-faction half-wc squad. Only 2-3 ppl knew how it works, only 4 had the experience. Didnt have to restart even once.

Today was my 3rd time. Totally wc squad with couple guildies. All went awesome again.

Are we playing different games or what? o:

Tbh, I like the new instance, its different and you can go all WOOOOOOOOO when you get pushed back on the 1st boss.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I don't think knowledge on classes has anything to do with how successful you can run this instance. It only separates idiots that can't follow instructions even if their life depended on it, from those that can.

The instance isn't a rocket science but it's amazing how many idiotic players manage to not get it.
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    for An Understanding Of How The Player Bases Of Mmos Work (and A Good Laugh), Check Out This Article On Cracked.com. ~~~> "understanding <other Mmo Game Name> Using super Mario Bros."

http://www.cracked.com/blog/understanding-the-world-of-********-using-super-mario-brothers/

Lol..
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    maocchi wrote: »
    I don't think knowledge on classes has anything to do with how successful you can run this instance. It only separates idiots that can't follow instructions even if their life depended on it, from those that can.

The instance isn't a rocket science but it's amazing how many idiotic players manage to not get it.

+1
    b:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    For an understanding of how the player bases of MMOs work (and a good laugh), check out this article on Cracked.com. ~~~> "Understanding <other MMO game name> Using Super Mario Bros."

Your link gets broken by the forum's censoring.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Umikaa - Sanctuary
    Umikaa - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I see this as a good litmus test of how the player base has lost a great deal of respect for each other. It's a brand new instance, often people are going in for the first time still. Not everyone may get the same quality people explaining how it works.

I"ve yet to go into the new instance but will make sure that I go with friends when I do, as not to get stuck with whiney QQers who will roll their eyes at me if I don't get their, more than likely, crappy directions the first time.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Your link gets broken by the forum's censoring.

http://tinyurl.com/mariommo
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    +1 This post.

I've done Tuc Su Toxin thingy 3 times a day every day. There is such a small group of regulars on Sanc we somehow get a lot of the same squads together. But every single time there is a new person we say the same things ("Purple lights show where your lane ends. Don't cross the second bar or we'll fail. Don't jump off or we'll fail. Don't release or we'll fail.") but NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOooooo at least 3 fails a day because of people who don't follow simple instructions. I recognize it's a learning curve but dear god if someone says don't do something, you probably shouldn't do it.

The fire boss can be easily BB'd and you don't have to jump in the water. Once, I even fell in and just put the BB smack up against the wall. People were still in range of it, and I didn't even get burned.... yay? BMs can also HF this boss (but mostly don't. god forbid.).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I see this as a good litmus test of how the player base has lost a great deal of respect for each other. It's a brand new instance, often people are going in for the first time still. Not everyone may get the same quality people explaining how it works.

I"ve yet to go into the new instance but will make sure that I go with friends when I do, as not to get stuck with whiney QQers who will roll their eyes at me if I don't get their, more than likely, crappy directions the first time.

The directions are also in the quest dialogue. So if you didn't understand the player, just read the text quest. There really isn't any excuse for just doing whatever the heck you want and causing the squad to fail seven times. If something wasn't clear, ask. If you don't like the way things are being explained, whisper another player in squad or even ask in faction chat. Respect is a two way street. If you won't even respect your squad by listening to them when they explain something, letting them know you haven't done it, and reading the quest directions. You're being disrespectful of other people's time. I understand failing once or twice. That's to be given, it's a new instance. But that instance isn't spammable, so people can't just find a new squad. In that case, you should pay everyone the respect of listening to them instead of using the excuse "I was new and just wanted to figure it out on my own. Without either listening to you or reading the quest direction popups."
    +1 This post.

I've done Tuc Su Toxin thingy 3 times a day every day. There is such a small group of regulars on Sanc we somehow get a lot of the same squads together. But every single time there is a new person we say the same things ("Purple lights show where your lane ends. Don't cross the second bar or we'll fail. Don't jump off or we'll fail. Don't release or we'll fail.") but NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOooooo at least 3 fails a day because of people who don't follow simple instructions. I recognize it's a learning curve but dear god if someone says don't do something, you probably shouldn't do it.

The fire boss can be easily BB'd and you don't have to jump in the water. Once, I even fell in and just put the BB smack up against the wall. People were still in range of it, and I didn't even get burned.... yay? BMs can also HF this boss (but mostly don't. god forbid.).

I don't think I would have had such a problem with it, but she was the only caster in the squad and most of the other people were sins. There was a barb, and bm too though. The sins would fire like two shots from bows that weren't very good (and honestly, why should they have had amazing bows?) and then wait for the boss to come all the way around. When the boss was around, sometimes he spawned adds. And instead of leaving it ot the barb and bm, half of them would attack the mobs instead. BB heals through the fire, but in that situation. Why not just avoid the fire entirely and do as much damage to him as you can while he's still up on that platform instead of waiting around for him to do more fire damage? When she finally got involved, it went much better because heals weren't all that necessary at that part and she had pretty good gear. Even used Metal Mage Mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The instance has been running pretty well the past few days on Sanctuary. The first few days after the expansion were horrible. Twice we spent 3 hours on the relay race before giving up. And there was always one person who didn't speak a word of English. Luckily the non-English speakers have given up on this dungeon for now and we can actually communicate with each other.
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I would say that you don't need to do an Endless Universe Run. Just asking what is gamma should be enough to find whether someone knows how to play or not.
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I honestly havent bothered to even figure out how to open this instance. I know its just to do the yellow quests, but honestly, whats the point of doing it? From what I see yo uget some half shady gear from it, and well, those pf my friends that have run it done so a few times, then dont bother with it.

Is there really anything in this for already geared players, or is it a just for fun instance with PvE gear for the ones who been a bit lazy the last years?... Nirvy was fun at first, now its kinda like a chore. But at leasat you get something useful from it, whats in it for "me" in this instance?..
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I had a few **** runs one where the squad was formed by someone who had already ran the instance so we all went inside and find the instance was finished but the leader had dropped squad before we went in and gave us another psy.

another where a sin insisted that he take the phys immune mobs instead of having a psy or wiz we had in party handle it, saying "It is more fun this way"

another where half our members decided it was best to not avoid the flames on the final boss.

but i have had a few good runs too and would run with all the people in the squad again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It isn't that hard to figure out.

The 1st time I did it I was was scared straight. They put me on Epsilon lane since I have sage puri and told me if I didn't puri nonstop I'd be blasted with a 40k DoT, and because I was the only ep I couldn't die or else we'd fail since nobody could rezz me . b:laugh
    Think I'll let sins do that from now on.
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Ahh.. Endless Universe. Never before realized how little understood the term "relay race" was before the first couple of these I did.

Ok, so we've now put (insert Sin I can't remembers name in here) in 3 different zones, because we keep failing at their area, but Nooooo.. it's not them, it must be a glitch.

"Let's go, round 4, now (Sin I can't remember's name) don't move, don't breathe, don't even touch your keyboard or mouse. Hell, close your eyes and count to 100 before opening them to even look at your computer. Got it?"

Sin I can't remember: "Yeah, I'm not an idiot"

5 seconds pass...

"Dude, why are you standing next to me?"
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    maocchi wrote: »

this b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ahh.. Endless Universe. Never Before Realized How Little Understood The Term "relay Race" Was Before The First Couple Of These I Did.

Ok, So We've Now Put (insert Sin I Can't Remembers Name In Here) In 3 Different Zones, Because We Keep Failing At Their Area, But Nooooo.. It's Not Them, It Must Be A Glitch.

"let's Go, Round 4, Now (sin I Can't Remember's Name) Don't Move, Don't Breathe, Don't Even Touch Your Keyboard Or Mouse. Hell, Close Your Eyes And Count To 100 Before Opening Them To Even Look At Your Computer. Got It?"

Sin I Can't Remember: "yeah, I'm Not An Idiot"

5 Seconds Pass...

"dude, Why Are You Standing Next To Me?"

Lmao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if people are just failing it on purpose just to troll you guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    X.X this is why i usually dont do instances unless its culti,or fc, or on the odd chance that i want to do bh...and even then i got a couple freinds i can call up to melt right through most dungeons

speaking of that..how in the heck do you guys decide who gets the final chest reward in endless universe?
    edited March 2012
    Options
    X.X this is why i usually dont do instances unless its culti,or fc, or on the odd chance that i want to do bh...and even then i got a couple freinds i can call up to melt right through most dungeons

speaking of that..how in the heck do you guys decide who gets the final chest reward in endless universe?

Everyone who participates gets either an inconsistent chest, or some exp item I think it was. I've never chosen to get anything but the chest. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    +1 This post.

Watch I'm going to be one of those stupid people failing your squad and pissing everyone off b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I love the new instance. It forces people to jump out of the all aps craze or all magic craze. I love the fact that your Rank nor your aps matters so much in this instance. Its all about team work and someone delegating the right people to the correct gems. I wish that PWI had many more instances like this! It would be most awesome if they'd change it in 2 ways. First, make it give experience and spirit. With the xp and the spirit diminishing each time you FAIL! Second, I would love for them to remove lunar as a BH and put in the second boss on this instance as a BH 100! Third, it should give influence and prestige; if even a small amount!

Now, as for fail squads. I've really found out that there are some people who play this game who are either really slow or just ignorant. How hard is it to do this, seriously? It was so bad the other night I told the entire squad whoever screws it up this time is getting kicked out and we'll find your replacement after at least 5 failures. After that we got it done without fail. Also, I've noticed one thing that makes it really difficult is taking people who've never been who do not speak English, or English isn't their first language and they aren't fluent. They just keep failing for everyone because there is a language barrier!

Overall, I absolutely LOVE the place and wish it offered more to make people want to go. I know someone who went about 8 times and got 3 armor cards and a weapon card and now they don't even want to go back.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    +1 This post.

3 times a day.. do you have 3 toons or is there something I don't know about? Cause I'd love to do it 3 times a day..
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ... First, make it give experience and spirit. With the xp and the spirit diminishing each time you FAIL! ....

If you choose the blue ball thingy at the end, that gives you a fair chunk of exp as a reward.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yes I know.. but if you've not got the other rewards you want most people choose the chest. And with all the failure, 2 hour is not worth 400k xp. A good squad where people have a full brain and have all been before only takes around 20-30 mins. That is worth it .. and its fun! But it would be nice if it gave xp for delivering your gem in the relay! Even if just a little..