Why no real sales?

Hellsarcher - Harshlands
Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
the prices on everything has gone up in boutique..really now 30 gold for a +10 star? Pack prices x2? Why not have a real sale for once in a while now? I just bought 200 gold from ah hoping they would have the 5 +10 orbs for 100 gold(wanted to finally +10 my set with this sale) but nooo..why do you guys make it harder for those that don't spend much or at all in this game so hard? Also in business even for cash shoppers you will make more money selling at 5 dollars less than 30. More people will buy for $25 so you make much more profit, When people are used to seeing items stay constant for a price for years they will not merely go an d spend more on this item. Same as real word..except gas. So also tell me why you guys are rasising the prices on everything..this is a game after all not like inflation happens..b:cold
Post edited by Hellsarcher - Harshlands on

Comments

• OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There's a post in here about that somewhere. Too lazy to search for it though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yea Its pretty annoying but this seems like a pretty thought out plan >_> they waited longer than usual to put D orbs on sale then increase the price a little, seems like some cash milking if ive ever seen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Because you touch yourself at night.

In reality, the prices on boutique items have gone DOWN over time. not up as you're claiming. Or have you forgotten that when ocean orbs were first released they were what? 75 or so gold? How about wind widgets that were so expensive nobody ever upgraded fliers? Packs at their original price of 1 gold each without any bundling options. Oh and let's not forget fireworks being 1 gold each!

Just because something isn't on sale now for 1/10 of the original price doesn't mean things are suddenly more expensive and you're justified in the slightest complaining about it. Or would you prefer it if PWI were to suddenly revert all boutique items to their original prices?
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Because you touch yourself at night.

In reality, the prices on boutique items have gone DOWN over time. not up as you're claiming. Or have you forgotten that when ocean orbs were first released they were what? 75 or so gold? How about wind widgets that were so expensive nobody ever upgraded fliers? Packs at their original price of 1 gold each without any bundling options. Oh and let's not forget fireworks being 1 gold each!

Just because something isn't on sale now for 1/10 of the original price doesn't mean things are suddenly more expensive and you're justified in the slightest complaining about it. Or would you prefer it if PWI were to suddenly revert all boutique items to their original prices?

I'd like them to keep it at the prices they've had for the past 2 years. I do not recall +10 orbs ever being 75 gold...and if they were was probably for a rather short time span.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    they were 75 gold when they were first introduced into the cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the prices on everything has gone up in boutique..

They are using reverse psychology. They caught wind of the new private servers giving out rank 9 for free and stuff so they increased prices to make this stuff seem more precious to us.
  • MystieMoon - Dreamweaver
    MystieMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    They're merchanting. Demands are higher now and so are the prices b:avoid
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'd like them to keep it at the prices they've had for the past 2 years. I do not recall +10 orbs ever being 75 gold...and if they were was probably for a rather short time span.
    Except... the prices have not changed. Every single time recently, it was mentioned it was a sale with the reduced price. And considering that the orbs, for example, were 75 gold when first introduced and with no price reduction, they'd be fully justified in selling it for that price again, even if it weren't the greatest idea from marketing.

You'd have a valid point (as well as my support) if it was something like them suddenly selling rep badges at 5 gold for the bundle of 50 or the like since that would be escalating the original price by a fairly large margin. However, as things are now, what you have an issue with... really isn't the case at all. It's the equivalent of going to a store and getting mad at them because they item they were selling at 50% off is now only selling at 25% off.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's PWE trying to 'extend their product life", or something like that, with reduced or no sales.

Get used to it, just play the game (your BM instead of your CCM).

There once was a time when tokens didn't exist...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    These crappy sales are good for lowering gold price. Just play the game... uber mega sales will be back!
  • DecryypteD - Heavens Tear
    DecryypteD - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    These crappy sales are good for lowering gold price. Just play the game... uber mega sales will be back!

Wrong I guess... They just want the players to pay $ for expensive stuff instead of being rich merchanting what ever without spend a coin in this game. My guess is that they want to kill merchanters and a good way is not to put any profitable sale for merchanters...
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the prices on everything has gone up in boutique..really now 30 gold for a +10 star? Pack prices x2?
    Ok first off, the damn pack sale is a normal freaking pack sale, the uber mega sale in december was like week long of 100 packs for 18 gold, who gives a ****. Greedy *** merchants dont want to drop token prices because there's no super sale. Get over it, its normal sales minus the +10 orb.
  • AmuletSpade - Raging Tide
    AmuletSpade - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I disagree 10 pack one stars were 45 silver now its 1 gold and 35 silver which is a 90 silver increase which can equal to us being ripped off of 20 1 star silver orbs. I don't normally spend much money on the game but when i do it better be for a good sale which I can benefit from since I am not rich like other player that may profit from this sale but it is waste of the cash and its value is not maximized. I am very disappointed with this sale after waiting so long for it b:cry I can only hope pwi sees their stingy ways and think of the players of their game a little more just because they gave us an expansion doesn't mean they should raise the prices they would have made a lot more money with their usual sale DX
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I won't buy anything until +10 orbs cost 20 gold each and a pack of 10 1-star 45 silver. b:angry
  • DeadlySniper - Lost City
    DeadlySniper - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I won't buy anything until +10 orbs cost 20 gold each and a pack of 10 1-star 45 silver. b:angry

agreed,
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Give me more crappy sales! (Would like to see gold under 1 million again.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • BoomBastic - Lothranis
    BoomBastic - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    agreed,

++1
    Also // I'm a "casual cs:er" so this about them trying to kill off farmers is stupid, cause if they try to do that, they will also kill off all who cs small amounts now and then..
    If u want 5 ocean orbs now.. u will have to pay extra 45 euro to get that.. and that amount is a casual CS amount.. And most ppl will not pay that.. only HC cs.er will pay at these prices..

Nahh bad sale... You had 10* at this price last year and tried to milk ppl out of money and failed, then you had to do mega super sales to catch up what you lost.. And this will happen again, and you will have to put some items like hmmm... lets say Rank items for sale prices "Ops! my bad, they are still in shop @ sales prices since last time"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Agreed.

As mentioned before, the reversion to old sale prices is PWI finally trying to do something about increasing the life of the game. The way things were going, eventually even 4.5 silver orbs and 22 silver packs would stop making massive sale-time profit and they'd have to lower prices more until the game eventually died.

The problem is, less people are buying. 44 silver packs are cheaper than the old 1 gold packs when they were first released, but tokens are no longer 10k. 15 silver an orb is still triple the December price and when you buy in bulk it adds up. And there's no real justification to raising a price on a virtual product when you're clearly able to lower it. I don't know how much PWI makes each sale, but I'd imagine it's far less than December.

Anyway, people can slap reasons like greed and old prices around, but the fact is gold costs more and all the normal player sees is orbs are 225k+ and they aren't used to it, and most likely unwilling to pay it.

When orbs are 5 silver again OR at least below 150k coin, I'm splashing out and buying gold. I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one. As for this sale, I'll pass.
  • BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear
    BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ok first off, the damn pack sale is a normal freaking pack sale, the uber mega sale in december was like week long of 100 packs for 18 gold, who gives a ****. Greedy *** merchants dont want to drop token prices because there's no super sale. Get over it, its normal sales minus the +10 orb.

Lol I can tell you from the merchants aspect, or view. The reason tokens keep rising is because nobody buys packs when they're on 'sale' for 44/100, Yet the demand is still out the roof, and always will be. Sure it actually is a SALE, technically, but with nobody buying packs, the prices won't be going down any time soon. However, there are a few people every now and then that will open packs, but there just aren't enough people opening in order to drop the prices back down to 10k and support the large majority of the server.

Don't get mad at these sales now now, after all, Mirage Celestone Packs are freaking awesome! Don't know why they even bothered b:sweat
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the prices on everything has gone up in boutique..really now 30 gold for a +10 star? Pack prices x2? Why not have a real sale for once in a while now? I just bought 200 gold from ah hoping they would have the 5 +10 orbs for 100 gold(wanted to finally +10 my set with this sale) but nooo..why do you guys make it harder for those that don't spend much or at all in this game so hard? Also in business even for cash shoppers you will make more money selling at 5 dollars less than 30. More people will buy for $25 so you make much more profit, When people are used to seeing items stay constant for a price for years they will not merely go an d spend more on this item. Same as real word..except gas. So also tell me why you guys are rasising the prices on everything..this is a game after all not like inflation happens..b:cold
    Exactly. I will not charge gold in these prices. I'm not stupid, when I know that was in past far more cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Heh, hilarious. Either people cry there's too many sales pushing gold up or they cry there's none.

Ijs... look at real life. If you can sell a thing in masses for a certain price, why not try raising the price? I'm pretty sure, despite all the forum QQ they have enough buyers even for this 'overpriced' sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Exactly. I will not charge gold in these prices. I'm not stupid, when I know that was in past far more cheaper.

Precisely. What's more... all those who argue we shouldn't be complaining because "when +10 orbs were first introduced they were 75 gold in the boutique"... are idiots.

For the vast majority of players, the only price point they know is the one PWI has set over the last two years, i.e... 100 gold for a set of 5. And as far as these players are concerned, anything substantially over that is a rip off... and rightfully so.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Heh, hilarious. Either people cry there's too many sales pushing gold up or they cry there's none.

Ijs... look at real life. If you can sell a thing in masses for a certain price, why not try raising the price?

This... is soooooo true. Lol.
    i.e... 100 gold for a set of 5. And as far as these players are concerned, anything substantially over that is a rip off... and rightfully so.

This WOULD be true if there were competitor sellers. In real life, which if ur buying with ur real money then its real life, if you buy say a loaf of bread for $2 but another store sells it for $5 then you know that's a rip off. Well, no one else is selling orbs any cheaper, for real money anyways, and I doubt in game either. So 30 gold is your choice, and only choice, if u want orbs. No one will convience them to go cheaper for now and when the sale ends then they're out of the cash shop. Wait if u want but there's no use in complaining now since nothing will change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The Idea behind this new Sales is that it gives them more monney in the long run by raising stakes to obtain highlevel refines and gear before everyone quit pwi because they have the best gear full +12 and die bored because there is nothing else to do.

They knew they will make a lot less monney doing this short therm, but they intend to keep pwi alive for more years to come. Someone here mentioned the product life cycle and hes correct. There was even an announcement at the time around they put 11* and 12* orbs in the boutique that this will become their new policy.

Shortly after this the orbs dissapeared and they tryed to raise the prices , they had to go down to prices we used to because there was a too big delince in sales at this point but now they try to take the slow route and get us used to the new prices. Dont expect mega sales in the near future, we will have things like this maybe once or 2 times a year if ever. Maybe they even plan to give even less discount on sales as its now in the future.

This higher prices in addition with the 20% VAT fee on gold purcases inside the EU are too harsh. I cut down my spendings dramatically to gold for 20 euros in the last 6 month where i used to spend 800 - 1000 euros in the same time frame where we had cheap sales. Its not that i dont have this monney anymore to spend but it feels unjust to give that company so much monney when they give me back only a faction of stuff in return as they used to be. Its only pixels, it dosnt cost them a single cent to create them. But there is nothing that can be done but to declare if you go with it or not by using your monney. If enough people dont buy gold because they feel this is unjust, pwi have to reconsider their policy. However if people still buy enough gold for their rl monney, nothing will change and everyone will have to adapt to the new situation or look for another game to spend their monney on.
    I hate Room 38
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This WOULD be true if there were competitor sellers. In real life, which if ur buying with ur real money then its real life, if you buy say a loaf of bread for $2 but another store sells it for $5 then you know that's a rip off. Well, no one else is selling orbs any cheaper, for real money anyways, and I doubt in game either.

But a mirror server I have downloaded I can buy R9 for $500 ish. And there's a couple private servers you get it for nearly free. PWI is the rip off b:avoid

(I can't remember any orb prices)
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    But a mirror server I have downloaded I can buy R9 for $500 ish. And there's a couple private servers you get it for nearly free. PWI is the rip off b:avoid

(I can't remember any orb prices)

well i mean for this specific server ... if u wanna go play another server then by all means, no ones stopping you :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Denaini - Sanctuary
    Denaini - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Ijs... look at real life. If you can sell a thing in masses for a certain price, why not try raising the price? I'm pretty sure, despite all the forum QQ they have enough buyers even for this 'overpriced' sale.

This would be true if real life conditions applied. However, PWE has an unlimited 'stock' of goods, making the conditions similar to in-game merchanting. Anybody with some experience with merching knows that it's far more profitable to sell large amounts at low prices, than to sell small amounts at high prices. This works as long as the demand is not satisfied, and that won't happen anytime soon anyway.
    I'm not sure why PWE would put these kinds of sales for so long. But whatever the reasons, I'm sure we can all agree that, at least in short term, PWE makes much less money than they would if there was a decent sale.

As for possible reasons I could come up with:
    1- trying to earn more money by raising prices: see above.
    2- trying to kick merchants out of business in the hopes of getting them to CS: this would actually be a bad idea. The vast majority of merchants exist because they cannot CS or don't want to. This majority is not going to start CSing no matter what. Plus, one shouldn't forget that merchants contribute a whole lot to PWE's income, albeit indirectly - they are responsible for lots of units of gold being moved. For example, Rank 9 costs about 1.5k gold. If a merchant tries to obtain this, they will move multiple times that amount via the Auction House, i.e. they are responsible for far more than 1.5k dollars being sent to PWE's bank account. Of course, a single merchant wouldn't make that much of a difference. However, if merchants 'died out', it would have a huge impact on PWE's income.
    3- trying to stabilize gold prices: if that's what they intended to do, they pretty much succeeded. I can't think of any way PWE could profit from that, though.
    4- ??? I'm running out of ideas :P

Someone already explained why Token prices are so high at the moment. To simplify it: No real pack sale (44 packs/100 gold at 1.5m per gold is too expensive) --> expensive packs --> fewer packs being opened --> fewer Tokens around --> higher Token prices. After all, the demand for Tokens stays the same.
  • Esscences - Raging Tide
    Esscences - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    this is the regular price for packs, get used to it. december sale was a special, dont expect it every time pwe decides to put a pack sale on.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So 30 gold is your choice, and only choice, if u want orbs. No one will convience them to go cheaper for now and when the sale ends then they're out of the cash shop. Wait if u want but there's no use in complaining now since nothing will change.

This may be completely true; however, if I decide to pay this (rip off) price, it will be with gold I purchase with coins. I will not charge money for these prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Necrateeti - Dreamweaver
    Necrateeti - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    they were 75 gold when they were first introduced into the cash shop.

those times 1 gold was like 2-300k ... now it`s 1.5mb:shutup