The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• GilgamCly - Raging Tide
    GilgamCly - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Several things are missing or out of wack......
    1#....
    Recently a squad I was in to go to Delta had a problem where every time we ported in there was someone left behind or disconnected from the game. The disconnect was so bad that you had to reboot the game entirely.
    #2....
    While doing the Endless Universe in Morai,
    I died several times. When I exited the area I noticed that I had lost my Necklace.
    #3....
    While playing on several different toons, questing, grinding whatever, I find that some of my equipment has detached and has gone into my inventory.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Rigs_Healing - Archosaur
    Rigs_Healing - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't know if someone has reported this already, but in Morai in front of the Shroud prophet, there is a rubberband effect going in either direction. You have to walk off to the side to get to the other NPCs or to get to the prophet. There is no direct line.
  • gelgamesh
    gelgamesh Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I grinded for over 3 hrs and not one Rough fur drop,( I am lvl 26) they have droped coins dull claws and soft fur. Before the update I had a lvl 29 char grinding there whom had rough fur drops after about every 4 to 5 mobs. Will this be fixed or will this stay this way?
  • dreenan
    dreenan Posts: 9
    edited February 2012
    Hi All,

I got the d3d.ddl error too and solved it via free download.
    However, I am now facing the next problem.
    I cannot see any Characters ingame, not even my own. All I can see are the sparkling effects of my armor and weapons.
    Has anybody some thoughts about it?

Thanks in advance
  • Mariianna - Lost City
    Mariianna - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I was running through the secret passage yesterday, on my level 39 barb, when I got pk'd. I would have taken a screenshot, but upon death, I was back outside on Orchid Temple!
  • Rozen - Raging Tide
    Rozen - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Logged in after updating. Opened the quest dialoge box to check what quests I was working on. On the quest I selected, one where you have to kill a certain number out of so many, I hit the "Track" button and nothing happened...

Like the usual box that comes up and keeps track of how many you've killed, or whether you've found what you were looking for or not, doesn't come up on the side. At first I thought it was hidden under some other part of the UI, but I've looked over and over and it just isn't there. :/

*Edit: Nvm. I figured it out.
  • XFoxyFox - Archosaur
    XFoxyFox - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ive noticed there are a few of us that are missing charecters... that is to say that in game all that can be seen are floating names and the environment... not monsters or people.. tress and grass and such do appear.
  • Bratus - Sanctuary
    Bratus - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Okay, so, I too and curious about this glitch with the people and characters. I can't see myself, anyone else, mobs, or npcs.Is there a way to fix this, or will we have to wait for an update?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ive noticed there are a few of us that are missing charecters... that is to say that in game all that can be seen are floating names and the environment... not monsters or people.. tress and grass and such do appear.
    Okay, so, I too and curious about this glitch with the people and characters. I can't see myself, anyone else, mobs, or npcs.Is there a way to fix this, or will we have to wait for an update?
    2. Unable to see other players and yourself.
    Install DirectX 9.0, which can be found here
    b:bye From this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • yokoikeda95
    yokoikeda95 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Idk,whats happening,i cant see my own character and not even the other players ,monsters,the elders...i cant even create one bcos i cant see it lmao....i tried to change the settings,the server,the race,classes the resolution but nothing changed.i only can see the forest.O.OWhat can i do?[IMG][/img]catsfoz.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    its a sticky of frankie in the "general discussion" thread
    u need to update ur directx9
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    In morai if seekers use voidstep on the ground they are then unable to move. The only way to move is to fly or relog. It is extremely annoying.
  • xtsisgilix
    xtsisgilix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    So I just installed the game again after a long period of not having a pc available.

Installation went fine, updates went fine, booting the game went fine, logging in went fine.

Then came character creation. The character was just not there. So I thought that it was just my net being an ***, which is not unusual. Then, I got into the game, and it turns out that no characters, npc's or mobs are visible.

Everything works as it should, except that I can't see anything or anyone. :P
  • ShiroiKarasu - Dreamweaver
    ShiroiKarasu - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    In morai if seekers use voidstep on the ground they are then unable to move. The only way to move is to fly or relog. It is extremely annoying.

This isn't a new glitch. Lol. Its a dumb glitch they have needed to fix ever since sins came out, they get stuck all the time after teleporting. They are just lucky enough to have a second teleport that can usually help to get them out of it.
    But Yeah been a glitch for over a year, so probably will never be fixed.
  • _Rune_ - Archosaur
    _Rune_ - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I know, gimme a break, tired and I can't spell..

Anywho..

This started way back on PW Malaysia and you'd think that someone in programming would get off their posterior and fix the collision mesh problem..

I've been playing for about 1 3/4 yrs on PW Malaysia and also on PWI Heaven's Tear and found that the same problems are on both servers. Actually the problem is on all the severs I've been to.

How many times have people been in a town, going through an archway or tunnel or near a wall and tried to use their mouse to continue on the way only to have the way point marker hit on an invisible wall (or what ever it is) and they end up running backward or change course because of it? Flying as well..

Or how many times have people while running or flying get stopped by an invisible wall?

Who ever designed the premade buildings, walls and what have you, they made the visuals smaller than the collision mesh boxes for them..

Come on, it's an easy enough fix.

I used to make maps for the old Novalogic Delta Force games (no I didn't work for them - they had editors where you could make your own for others to use online) and ran into these problems also, but figured out a way by building placement to get rid of most of them.

VIDEO LAG IN ARCHO!

Plain and simple, too much stuff in too little of an area. Not everyone can afford the best video cards and computer setup's to eliminate this problem, I don't know why you don't change it so that you don't end up with 50,000 shops all bidding for space in one section of the city street. I know you can program it so that only a limited number of people can set up in any given area.

The orignal programmers doubled up walls and buildings to hide smaller walls within the larger ones, this causes video lag as well, even though they're not seen, the video card still draws them and uses up resources, there's tons of this in Archo as well, and its slowing down the lower end cards.

Add all this to the winter snow or the 4th of July Fireworks or even bring back that stupid oversized mob that was in north Archo for who knows how long with all it's special affects and watch everyone's frame rate drop to 1 or 2 frames per hour.

Been in the game a long time, love most of it but the problems that exist and no one bothers to make corrections.

I'm all over the map everyday, I spend more time helping people than leveling, probably would be in the mid to high 90's by now if I didn't, I see a lot of things and hear a lot of complaints, this is the first time I have voiced some common and VERY apparent ones.

I won't bring up how the Quest window was totally porked after the change over to the auto pathing system!

Sure fun being a very low level 9 character with NO findable quests when all the undone quests for that level used to show up BEFORE autopath..........

And no need to tell me about the FIND QUEST button cause that didn't help either.. LOL
    I played on PW Malaysia for a while before swapping to PWI, I have to agree with all you say here, the lag issues are very fixable, just take out all the unwanted / needed stuff, ie, the walls within walls and limit the shops, quick and easy fix, I know, before anyone says it has to go to the owners in china, that it has to be fixed by China.
    But as we get lots of patchs to fix the minor blemish's Im sure we all wouldn't mind a big patch to fix the big stuff, would we ?
  • Daftajr - Lost City
    Daftajr - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It's me or when u finish a quest its dosent show any more quest completed on left-up corner, its show on quest traker indeed but more harder to see/notice that before. Usualy i end up killing more mobs for my daylies before i start to notice i finished my quest.
  • Warrior_Dude - Lost City
    Warrior_Dude - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Guys I am unable to meditate in certain instances.... like if I meditate to recover mp... the game glitches and I cant perform any actions... like I can be online and chat but cant move or use skills. I get a message saying,"Server Error.Please log off and try again" everytime I meditate. Oh and I cant log out either... I can close pwi by using the windows task manager only... please fix this pwi...b:beatup
  • Daftajr - Lost City
    Daftajr - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Guys I am unable to meditate in certain instances.... like if I meditate to recover mp... the game glitches and I cant perform any actions... like I can be online and chat but cant move or use skills. I get a message saying,"Server Error.Please log off and try again" everytime I meditate. Oh and I cant log out either... I can close pwi by using the windows task manager only... please fix this pwi...b:beatup

I'm pretty sure you have your meditate skill on a key, and you presed too long. This is a know bug and a very old one. U can do this bug in any areas so doen't matter where you are.

Try to Click on meditate button this will avoid your the bug to happen.
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The Magic Shell buff and also the Aegis Spirit buff instantly disappear as soon as any mob attacks me. I have had this issue in most of the bhs. This problem only seems to happen on my Barbarian.
  • Mage_Masterx - Lost City
    Mage_Masterx - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    thx buddy
  • Nebulouse - Lost City
    Nebulouse - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I have noticed that the tracking a quest to show how much of a item, or monster you need to kill or collect is not appearing in the right hand corner like it used to. I have tried it several times over the last few weeks but it will not appear on the screen like it used to.b:puzzled
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I searched the thread didn't see this bug mentioned but Shining pills say they last 30mins but they only last 15mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Reaca - Archosaur
    Reaca - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Problem: When I first started playing, I could infuse EXP(experience) or SPIRIT into my Genie to level her up. Now, it will NOT let me click on those options no matter what character I'm on. It says I MUST have an EXP Cube to level her.

More Info: I am level 30 and my Genie is level 23. I have over 50,000 SPIRIT and 90.7% EXP. That noted, I still can not level my Genie without using an EXP Cube.

What's with that? I looked around on the forums and Google for any kind of explanation or to see if anybody else had this problem. I didn't find anything. I think it's just me?

Anyways, how can we fix this?

EDIT: I found out that because I had my Genie in TRADE READY state I could only infuse EXP Cubes and not Character EXP or SPIRIT to level her up. Found my answer at
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=281472&highlight=genie+infuse+experience+spirit
  • hammett961
    hammett961 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hi All,I have some bug i think.All people in game are invisible i cant see Npc-s and players and my player,just have name in the sky and nothing else..sorry for english! :)
  • Devils_Guard - Heavens Tear
    Devils_Guard - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Ok, im a lvl 85 seeker, I was killing some mobs and i used Gemini Slash, lvl 5 as my opener. I tried to double spark in order to take out more mobs at one time, but when i used it double sparked, i did the same damage as if i hadnt sparked at all.[IMG][/img]xd0ts.jpg [IMG][/img]34689om.jpg
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I submitted a ticket regarding bugg in morai world so these were steps suggested by support stuff:-Try turning down your graphic settings. This helps with lag in high traffic areas of the game.
    Also, try running "Verify" on your client. This frequently fixes many in-game gameplay and graphical issues.
    I did them all but still same problem with me and more people complained about the same problem they are facing . Anything regarding this bugg can be done ?
    It helps the game +its players . Thanks
    b:scornb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • SuiCidistiX - Archosaur
    SuiCidistiX - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ah ripped me off on a 1.6 million coin transaction/saleb:sad
  • bojemu
    bojemu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well I'm new to this game and after downloading/installing the game. I cannot see myself, npcs, or monsters when I play. Is there any way I can fix this?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    bojemu wrote: »
    Well I'm new to this game and after downloading/installing the game. I cannot see myself, npcs, or monsters when I play. Is there any way I can fix this?
    Have a Look at it ---->http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16428821&postcount=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • XDeathlyMoon - Sanctuary
    XDeathlyMoon - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i have this problem when i try to get into pwi launcher - it says i have an update . when i try to update and i choose a patch server and click okay - it says : ERROR Please select an update server.
    Iv tryed to find a solution and i couldnot find one .
    please help me ..
This discussion has been closed.