Give Psychics SoulPaint

Comments

• Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well..

The main idea is, let the casters have a BP wannabe and then... hm yea what then?
    Casters dont need cleric anymore like APS classes? i know cleric is a caster but when everyone gets this BP, who need a cleric then?
    For buffs, yea buff it outside and then go.

i would say, give then this BP but not 1 or 2%, it should be around 0.5%.
    But only HP, MP would be stupid, because you never ever need MP pots or charm.
    and yea, sage ones can add another 0.2%, so its 0.7% and demons, yea demons.. lets give them.. -10% Channeling for 6 seconds? how does this sounds? b:bye
  • izzyhalsall
    izzyhalsall Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    think about your AoEs.... wizard in RB f.e. 300 hp x 30 = 9000 hp heal/ 3 secs... it is OP

think about your ultis.... this "soulpaint" is OP

A wizard in dragonsbreath, of same gear, always hits less than a seeker. So the seeker's vortex is healing more than 9000 per second, and you guys dont complain?
    I think its a bit unfair wizards have so many AoE's (PvE or PvP use, pick whichever) but when we take aggro it becomes death after charm tick after charm tick after charm tick, though a seeker in vortex survives forever!
  • Vaugh - Momaganon
    Vaugh - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I only bother with reading first and last page. However, the fear of that casters could start solo things is just ridiculous! APS is doing it now, so all your arguments fails, fails, fails!

FIX: Cap the amount of hp/mp recived from Blood pains/soul paint. Cap it at say 5% of max hp/mp each attack (multiple targets are ignored). Maybe we get rid of the solo runs and the game goes back as intended.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    @OP: its an ok idea ... i dont think the HP part would be fair, but maybe if it were the opposite of bloodpaint then it could be do-able, which is gain 2% mp every time you get hit. if it was made so you gain 2% mp everytime you are hitting something, then you pretty much would never need mp pots/charms = no money for pwi in that department.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I say leave the hp part and ignore the mp part for casters.

As they are already squishy as can be, if they are able to hit hard enough to keep themselves alive via a 1% hp gain from dmg then I can say they have already given enough cash to PWE (or enough time), so they don't lose any money.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    IT WILL NEEEEEVEEEEEEER HAAAAAAPEEEEEN b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    you guys realize that some casters can hit for 200k easily in pve? hell I have even seen casters hit as high as 200k in pvp..... you do realize this would completely nullify any mp potions required even hp potions too for casters..... yeah real easy and for all you people defending this proposition by saying only high refine magic users would be able to go without potions but a 5 aps is already doing it. Your arguement is completely invalid because you're comparing a low refine magic user to a high refine melee. I am a 5.0 sage bm and I cannot solo a boss without potting/charm. So seriously stop using that old tired excuse of how 5.0 can solo just cause they are 5.0.

Edit: back to the main point high refined psychics are hard as **** to kill as it is in pvp due to soul of silence/soul of vengence yet you wanna make them even more op in pvp by adding in a heal for damaging the target?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Think of a 50k soul force Psy with ''Soul Paint''
    imagine they have demon Soul of vengeance, take HP and Mp every time they take a hit, and now throw on the heals from their AOE affects.
    they could pull, kill / nuke a SOLO delta just by sitting in the middle of the valley with White Voodoo on,
    go grab a coffee/ something to eat, come back in 1 hour and Delta cleared :/

taking it to the Extreme yes, but just an example of how it would ruin game play, and team work.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    you guys realize that some casters can hit for 200k easily in pve? hell I have even seen casters hit as high as 200k in pvp..... you do realize this would completely nullify any mp potions required even hp potions too for casters..... yeah real easy and for all you people defending this proposition by saying only high refine magic users would be able to go without potions but a 5 aps is already doing it. Your arguement is completely invalid because you're comparing a low refine magic user to a high refine melee. I am a 5.0 sage bm and I cannot solo a boss without potting/charm. So seriously stop using that old tired excuse of how 5.0 can solo just cause they are 5.0.

Edit: back to the main point high refined psychics are hard as **** to kill as it is in pvp due to soul of silence/soul of vengence yet you wanna make them even more op in pvp by adding in a heal for damaging the target?

I agree with this.

I also want to add that with this it will just make the cleric useless. They will be sitting on the bench along with barbs. It's a sad thing to see.

I say rejected. Even with BP some aps players still need/want a cleric. Curse you for making me be on the side of aps for once b:cry

Nice idea though.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    WHAT ABOUT ARCHERS? THEY ARE NEITHER CASTER NOR MELEE...b:laugh
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    WHAT ABOUT ARCHERS? THEY ARE NEITHER CASTER NOR MELEE...b:laugh
    Kritty,wait till after maint to move my thread to blackhol...I mean suggestions. b:thanks

(EDIT:On second thought, don't move it at all, lol. This thing's getting a lot more attention that I expected.)

Serious note. Give Psychics a buff (I'm calling it SoulPaint, bite me) that only works on casters.

Leeches 1% Mana and 1% HP per attack.

Just a thought. Flame on!

EDIT#2: Somewhere in here I said it would be only be fair to give archers access to BP, or SoulPaint, one not both.

Already on the first post.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Already on the first post.

ranged attacks arn't affected by either one of them so its pointless for archers except they use melee weapons...b:pleased

pls close this thread its not like bp hasn't destroyed this game enough now you even want a caster version...

why not removing the 99% channeling limitation and lower cooldowns if you are at it?

i'd like to see people qq about 100%+channel caster casting 5times per second killing things even faster than any aps monkey could...b:bye
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    ranged attacks arn't affected by either one of them so its pointless for archers except they use melee weapons...b:pleased

pls close this thread its not like bp hasn't destroyed this game enough now you even want a caster version...

why not removing the 99% channeling limitation and lower cooldowns if you are at it?

i'd like to see people qq about 100%+channel caster casting 5times per second killing things even faster than any aps monkey could...b:bye

If your gonna go that direction, increase the APS cap to 25 and x10 the current aps on gear (making -.1 go to -1.0) and see how much QQ happens.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    How about giving Archers special arrows that restore HP or gain larger amount of Chi or something. >.>
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Don't archers already have a skill that can leach hp.... oh wait people using skills how dumb of me... all we have are claw archers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You mean the skill that nobody ever uses because it's so useless and only Demon Archers can get it anyway?
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My assassin or even archer since they share gear has the average of +6 or +7 gear. I'm still running around getting oneshot by wizards/psychics for over 30k by them. Having them gain hp/mp regen off of that is just stupid. Arcane Armors aren't meant to tank, arguing that they should have the ability to is stupid.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    My assassin or even archer since they share gear has the average of +6 or +7 gear. I'm still running around getting oneshot by wizards/psychics for over 30k by them. Having them gain hp/mp regen off of that is just stupid. Arcane Armors aren't meant to tank, arguing that they should have the ability to is stupid.

with 1% thats 300heal where is your point? b:bye
  • z16131
    z16131 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    you troll with soulpaint me troll with psy opness b:cute:

6 second charm cooldowns
    30% silence for 5 sec
    souls of stunning and retaliation
    8sec p immune
    ^and expel
    soulburn
    can use badge, remove para, fortify
    can tree to selftick to stop half hp ultis
    160 dlvl in wv
    125 alvl/85 dlvl in bv
    20k+ hp buffed
    a 91+ lp genie has room for immune fire vs spark bts.
    15 sec soul of stunning proc
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This is a neat buff idea, but why give it to psychics?
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    This is a neat buff idea, but why give it to psychics?

Cause sins got bloodpaint :>?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    People who are QQing about mages 1shotting them for 20k+ have to realize that this isn't a regular thing, right? We don't just go around dealing out MASSIVE damage in pvp. Hits like that happen under special circumstances.

What I would be more tempted to do instead of giving SoulPaint to Psychics is take away BloodPaint from sins and give a SoulPaint / BloodPaint type skill, that's effective on any type of attack (mag, phys, melee) to clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Kiiria - Raging Tide
    Kiiria - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    What I would be more tempted to do instead of giving SoulPaint to Psychics is take away BloodPaint from sins and give a SoulPaint / BloodPaint type skill, that's effective on any type of attack (mag, phys, melee) to clerics.

Taking away BP from sins would **** off EVERYONE who spent coin leveling it to 10, let alone level 11, not to mention the 20-30+m book itself.

Also, BP is pretty much the main reason sins get into Delta now that SP is so popular and people don't need runners...

Giving this new buff to psys would be great. It would change the way squads are built tremendously for a lot of things.

Anyway, on another note.
    Psys could get back 2% damage dealt/3% on level 11 of pure HP, and still maintain similar survivability capabilities to 5APS sins, maybe not even quite as good.

On ? level bosses (FC in particular using this example) my G13 +11 5APS sin holds aggro/is close to the same or higher DPS as a R9+12 psy that I've run with (hard to tell who actually had aggro more considering how fast bosses died...)

But that means that DPS of R9+12 psy is about the same as a 5APS +11 G13 demon sin, which means that if both gained 2% of their total damage output gets converted to HP they would be getting about the same back.

And before you bring up that mages being Spike damage, not progressive damage so the mage would get HP back all at once in a massive amount vs 2-300 at a time 5x a seconds, consider the fact that if you're talking about this in PvE, against mobs that you can hit for as much as 100-200K do you REALLY need HP regen like that? And in a boss fight, you'll be getting back the same amount of HP roughly as a 5APS sin, so how is a mage doing it more OP?

Saying a wizzy can hit a mob for 800K (in ideal circumstances) I assume that's a crit, on a debuffed level 100ish boss. (not a ? boss) so, my sin, in ideal circumstances hits 150-200K crits on abom in SoT. I also crit more often than wizzies... so in 1 second (most likely less time than it takes a wizzy to cast a spell that powerful) I deal roughly 750K-1m damage.

I see no reason not to implement the idea. My only concern is the mana regen, and what buff Archers would get?
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I support soulpaint :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Kiiria - Raging Tide
    Kiiria - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If your gonna go that direction, increase the APS cap to 25 and x10 the current aps on gear (making -.1 go to -1.0) and see how much QQ happens.

I'm a sin and I would RQ -.-
    At least with 5APS there's still SOME challenge... Sorta...

Also you do realize that doing that would mean that even without a tome, R9 dags could be 25APS... Base... -.-

Standard APS gear with R9 dags = 2.5APS base. Now if you multiply all -int bonuses by 10, assuming similar APS increases, that puts that at 25APS base... -.- Sage sin w/R9 dags +12... -.-

*** that.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited February 2012

Also you do realize that doing that would mean that even without a tome, R9 dags could be 25APS... Base... -.-

Standard APS gear with R9 dags = 2.5APS base. Now if you multiply all -int bonuses by 10, assuming similar APS increases, that puts that at 25APS base... -.- Sage sin w/R9 dags +12... -.-

*** that.

When people start ***** trolling, I start lulz trolling.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I support this idea. Hopefully it would bring out more psys though because I don't see them all that often.

Would be nice to have this skill for archers too; it might make using a bow seem more worthwhile to some again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2012

*** that.

I just wanted to point out how horribly wrong your math is.

On topic: Interesting concept. To the people saying that casters shouldn't be able to tank: remember that LA classes aren't meant to tank either. That doesn't stop sins from doing it.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Clerics already have more buffs than most classes' bodies could ever hope to have room for.
    On topic: Interesting concept. To the people saying that casters shouldn't be able to tank: remember that LA classes aren't meant to tank either. That doesn't stop sins from doing it.

This.

Its an interesting idea, and it would be their first long-term party buff (assuming it has a similar duration to BP/other classes' buffs). Something like this may never get implemented, but if it did, it would definitely make them more desirable for some squads...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You muzt forgivez _Perses_, Yuji, for he'z a farmerz, not a merchantz. b:dirty b:kiss b:dirty