Give Psychics SoulPaint

Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Kritty,wait till after maint to move my thread to blackhol...I mean suggestions. b:thanks

(EDIT:On second thought, don't move it at all, lol. This thing's getting a lot more attention that I expected.)

Serious note. Give Psychics a buff (I'm calling it SoulPaint, bite me) that only works on casters.

Leeches 1% Mana and 1% HP per attack.

Just a thought. Flame on!

EDIT#2: Somewhere in here I said it would be only be fair to give archers access to BP, or SoulPaint, one not both.
Post edited by Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Karen_Divine - Sanctuary
    Karen_Divine - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    1% of 800k dmg that none r9 wizzies can hit...OP all I gotta say
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Give it to clerics too. We could use it. :D (Something like this should have come with the violet dance mode, since our heals are disabled.)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, there's only way to make this even remotely fair - it would have to only restore MP. To have the nuke classes restoring any percentage of damage output as HP would be insanely overpowered, save if it were a fraction of a percent.
    edited February 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Yeah, the only way to make this even remotely fair, it would have to only restore MP. To have the nuke classes restoring any percentage of damage output as HP would be insanely overpowered, save if it were a fraction of a percent.

Right on the mark, even MP would be very over powered, can you imagine not even having to buy mana food since every hit restores you to full mana... They'd have to do something that will be completely useless in order for it to be balanced
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    1% of 800k dmg that none r9 wizzies can hit...OP all I gotta say

Not really. only 8k HP and Mana. And I don't play a wizard, but I imagine what you're describing is in an ideal situation, ie not constant.

I can get well over 8k HP from non-sage BP in 2-3 seconds in an ideal situation as well.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    wouldnt be OP actually,would be less than sins with BP/Sage BP

didnt really make maths, but i think my sin could recover 1.5k HP per second with sage BP, not sure lol

now in PvP, even if that wiz/psy hit 10k, would only be 100 HP. and casters arent 5 aps ;o
  • JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    JSXJoe - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I must admit that I really like this idea, sound very nice.

And yes 1% HP and MP are more then fair. Demon could be 2% HP while Sage got 2% MP.

I would be really happy for our fellow casters if thats going to be reality someday. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am really honered, ty b:victory

My Chars:
    101 Demon Blademaster. 101 Demon Barbarian,
    100 Sage Seeker, 100 Sage Cleric, 100 Demon Assassin,
    101 Demon Cleric, 93 Demon Archer, 101 Sage Venomancer,
    89 Demon Psychic, 100 Sage Mystic, 100 Demon Wizard
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    and i can lazily sit with no mana pots what so ever and have constantly refilling mp....cause of a theoretically infinite supply of platinum spirit charms

thats an ideal situation too

i just hope i dont run into mana leeching monsters,,,thats the not ideal part
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    wouldnt be OP actually,would be less than sins with BP/Sage BP

didnt really make maths, but i think my sin could recover 1.5k HP per second with sage BP, not sure lol

now in PvP, even if that wiz/psy hit 10k, would only be 100 HP. and casters arent 5 aps ;o

While balancing for PvP, one also has to take into account the PvE aspect. A R9 wizzie can hit extremely hard in PvE, a R9 psychic can hit almost the same. Those 2 classes would be able to go without HP or MP pots for pretty much any instance, because of their ability to hit like a freakin' tank.

In short, we would then see the reign of the casters...b:surrender
  • ShadowIH - Raging Tide
    ShadowIH - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I must admit that I really like this idea, sound very nice.

And yes 1% HP and MP are more then fair. Demon could be 2% HP while Sage got 2% MP.

I would be really happy for our fellow casters if thats going to be reality someday. =D

Give this skill to aps class and casters will be disabled in pvp.
  • Pyrogasm - Heavens Tear
    Pyrogasm - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ...they already added skills on magic weapons (recast r8) which purifies and heals on attack ... now you want more lawl. It might be intresting to see more auto healing skills on magic classes, that way, atleast will make melee dealers less special than they already are.
    - my personal signature -
    - the one who bashes all Caster Nirvana QQers -
    edited February 2012
    The only thing I find amusing about this is DB would become the new vortex, woot we'll no longer need seekers.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Right on the mark, even MP would be very over powered, can you imagine not even having to buy mana food since every hit restores you to full mana... They'd have to do something that will be completely useless in order for it to be balanced

You'd still have to buy mana foods to heal. That is for clerics/mystics, anyways. But yeah, venos already barely ever have to buy mana foods, so that leaves only psys and wizzies ?
    I don't see what's OP about it, 1% mana recovery per hit is still way less OP than 2-3% HP from BP at 5 aps.
    Even if it could pretty much let you never run low on mana, its not what's gonna make you survive better, unlike BP.
    The only exception I see is for clerics in PvP. Such a buff could help them maintaining plume shell more easily... but that's about all.
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    wouldnt be quite as over powered as you think really yes in the perfect scenario a rank 9 wiz or psy with your soulpaint would be abit ott. But we not all rank 9 are we?
    A wiz only able to cast every 2-6 seconds depends on skill. The reason its so overpowered on sins is cos they hitting at 3.33 an up attacks per second. A wiz can never achieve that speed constantly due to long cast times of pretty much every skill they use. Even with sutra active your looking at a maximum of 4 skills used while effect is active.

What would it do for me a wizzie? I'd prolly end up spamming pyrogram, gush an stone rain alot cos they resonably fast to cast. I dun wanna spam them no more i done it for over 3 yearsb:laugh
  • OskarGhost - Sanctuary
    OskarGhost - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The only thing I find amusing about this is DB would become the new vortex, woot we'll no longer need seekers.

with a low Duration for the skill Aint big deal if thay make it a good Mana draining skill :Y but if they spark Regain is sexy :D but thats asking to much meanwhile so None can steal the Seekers Job :D
    edited February 2012
    and i can lazily sit with no mana pots what so ever and have constantly refilling mp....cause of a theoretically infinite supply of platinum spirit charms

thats an ideal situation too

i just hope i dont run into mana leeching monsters,,,thats the not ideal part

More mana leeching monsters at end-game. Nice concept. Also, I can see some people thinking it would be OP in PvP. But lets face it, most casters are a 1-shot anyways until JoSD comes into play. So it's not like you get too much of an edge from it.

Also, plenty of variable you could toss in to prevent the buff from keeping casters at full mana. Give it an internal CD of a few seconds, make the buff also increase mana cost of spells by a certain percentage, etc.

Not a lot, the goal here is to make your Mana charms last ~50% longer. Something like this could definitely put casters on a more level playing field.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    <_<...So this would only work on casters.

b:surrender Poor Archers. They don't get anything. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited February 2012
    While balancing for PvP, one also has to take into account the PvE aspect. A R9 wizzie can hit extremely hard in PvE, a R9 psychic can hit almost the same. Those 2 classes would be able to go without HP or MP pots for pretty much any instance, because of their ability to hit like a freakin' tank.

what part of platinum spirit charms did you miss?

you never need mp pots at all...for any reason....unless one of afew things

1.mana leeching monster finds you

2.using a skill like veno pet revive that kills most of yer mana bar,and using it more than once in 10 seconds

3.a skill that can eat most of yer mana bar in 10 seconds flat

the hp thing is the only problem really....even then its not too bad...maxed out bubble of life + pure build can help a psy survive a lot of short yet brutal conflicts in pve...long as the bubble is casted just before attack

it just seems odd krittcat,you talk like platinum spi and platinum hp dont exist,yet i see them everywhere on archosaur,even with mid lvl non cash shoppers
  • izzyhalsall
    izzyhalsall Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Its hardly too OP. Sure a wizard will always do the highest single hit, (and so would have the highest hp recovery), the time taken to do this hit compared to 5aps sins makes it fair.
    Wtih r8+10, on general mobs a wizard will hit about 30k per second (assuming -50% channel for example). Healing 1% of this makes 300 hp per second. Which 1) is slower than crab meats, 2) r8+10 sins heal more than this.

Considering im r8+5 with -37%, and i hit about 30k every 2 seconds, this doesnt seem very "OP" to me.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Would it work on skills like pet heal? -daydreams about afk TT-boss soloing by holding down the pet heal key with teh soulpaint buff-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Puppetmaster - Dreamweaver
    Puppetmaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Kritty,wait till after maint to move my thread to blackhol...I mean suggestions. b:thanks

Serious note. Give Psychics a buff (I'm calling it SoulPaint, bite me) that only works on casters.

Leeches 1% Mana and 1% HP per attack.

Just a thought. Flame on!

hey that would be awesome.
    I see that BloodPaint was OP there for Sins are OP. & i hate them so much with there stealth. i say stealth is OP. I mean invisibility is a cheat code for alot of games you know. xD i was like how in the world can i solve this problem??........*Makes a Assassin* problem solved ROFL. Anyways i say give Psy this SoulPaint you have come up with. They be OP to, but im not gonna QQ about it, ill just solve my own problem with it and go make me a Psy b:chuckle
  • JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012

Would that be such a bad thing =? I guess the casters have the right to regain their status of power like it was in the very beginning.

Please don't forget that there are not just r9 guys hanging around <.< I wanna see a TT90 Wiz solo TT2-2 or something xDD I don't think so.

Sins can gain sometimes more then 1,5k HP each hit! when zerked +12 on "?-Bosses". So Even if r9 can hit like 20-30k on that boss just once every 1-2 seconds and gaining 200-300 HP like this...hows that OP =?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Chars:
    edited February 2012
    wouldnt be quite as over powered as you think really yes in the perfect scenario a rank 9 wiz or psy with your soulpaint would be abit ott. But we not all rank 9 are we?
    A wiz only able to cast every 2-6 seconds depends on skill. The reason its so overpowered on sins is cos they hitting at 3.33 an up attacks per second. A wiz can never achieve that speed constantly due to long cast times of pretty much every skill they use. Even with sutra active your looking at a maximum of 4 skills used while effect is active.

What would it do for me a wizzie? I'd prolly end up spamming pyrogram, gush an stone rain alot cos they resonably fast to cast. I dun wanna spam them no more i done it for over 3 yearsb:laugh

I've known plenty of none r9 wizzies and psychics that have stolen and held from 5 aps sins and BMs. My biggest issue with this SoulPaint or w/e idea is that as nukers we are supposed to be squishy for the sake of balance, and it will cause so much QQ that its not even funny. Archers and seekers primarily due to the upcost of vortex and BoA. It would be a fun idea but I really dont think psychics need to be any more over powered then they already are.
    edited February 2012
    here is a good idea

make it so something like soulpaint as it would be

would instead,up magic point recovery by a certain amount per second,while also reducing hp recovery (including recovery from pots and other person`s skills) by the same amount
  • JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    I've known plenty of none r9 wizzies and psychics that have stolen and held from 5 aps sins and BMs. My biggest issue with this SoulPaint or w/e idea is that as nukers we are supposed to be squishy for the sake of balance, and it will cause so much QQ that its not even funny. Archers and seekers primarily due to the upcost of vortex and BoA. It would be a fun idea but I really dont think psychics need to be any more over powered then they already are.

Seriously in wich case would they be OPed then=? Do you guys really think it makes any difference if a PSy or Wiz oneshots you in PK and restores 300 HP out of it =? lol

Like I said before, this is nothing compared to sins BP at all.

Let's do the maths: on "?-Bosses" Full debuffed ofc*

Full +12 5.0 Zerk Sin:
    ~1,5kHP * 5 times per second = 7,5k HP restored per second

Full r9 +12 Wizard:

~at most 1000 HP * ~0,5 each second = 500 HP a second Wow!

*but I wanna see just caster Squads with full debuffed bosses...well

Yeah so OPed^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Chars:
    edited February 2012
    I just picked Psy since it's the sin counterpart. Any caster class could receive this buff really. And yeh R9 casters would be OP with this, but no more OP than a R9 4.0 Sage sin in PvE.

And lets face it, if you've spent the time or cash to get R9, you're OP one way or the other.

Seeker COULD complain about the upkeep of vortex vs upkeep of DB with SoulPaint, but I don't think it would be justified. They can accomplish just as much if not more with Vortex and BP as a wiz could with DB and SoulPaint.

Yeh Archer's get screwed, but the smart thing to do would be to A) make them able to receive BP, or SoulPaint (not both). Or B.) give them a damn self buff of a similar nature.

I'm a little surprised to see a caster opposing an idea that would help put them on similar footing as APS chars. with BP
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2012

If you wish to find a reason why "soulpaint" would be a bad idea, at least think twice - " Those 2 classes would be able to go without HP or MP pots for pretty much any instance" , isn't this exactly what phys.classes have been doing for the past x years?

Sage bp allows them to heal for way more per second than the boss hits them for, so in what sane way would it be unfair for casters to be able to do the same kind of tanking? And let's not forget that a r8+10 caster cant even remotely do what a 5aps sin can, so it's not like we'd magically be able to go solo tt3-3 efficiently as casters with soulpaint.
    edited February 2012
    Seriously in wich case would they be OPed then=? Do you guys really think it makes any difference if a PSy or Wiz oneshots you in PK and restores 300 HP out of it =? lol

Like I said before, this is nothing compared to sins BP at all.

Let's do the maths: on "?-Bosses"

Full +12 5.0 Zerk Sin:
    ~1,5kHP * 5 times per second = 7,5k HP restored per second

Full r9 +12 Wizard:

~at most 1000 HP * ~0,5 each second = 500 HP a second Wow!

Yeah so OPed^^

b:chuckle Than if its so worthless why even bother xD could just use pots.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012

and a sin thats been built equivalently cant?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    b:chuckle Than if its so worthless why even bother xD could just use pots.

Yeah true it would be kinda useless for casters on the HP part, but that could be a kinda Demon or Sage bonus as well and 3% MP recovery then, because saving at least some MP Pots is fine =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Chars: