Give Psychics SoulPaint

Comments

• JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    JSXJoe - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    To be fair I seriously doubt a full squad of 2.86 apsers could effectively solo an instance without a healer even with bp on. <3

I am not saying a r8 +5 wiz/psy would be able too do it any more effectively, but they would definitely be able to survive better even at bosses in my opinion at least. (I really do think the return for magic classes with a 'bp' like skill would simply be too great for them especially in pvp)

You are definitely right about not expecting to really survive against a r9+12 psy/wiz, which I do not either; however, I still get one shotted in tw, even as my gear drastically improve over the years/months I have been playing. (granted their gear has improved too... it is still extremely annoying to improve my gear and still be an easy target for the ridiculously strong mage/range classes. A hp restore... bp like skill would just make it that much harder to kill a mage class, especially when we bms are such easy targets for them. (even when our gear is fairly evenly matched) )

I agree with u here, we BMs are really no mach for those casters, especially not in TW and especially twice not when there are more of them at once, but well, thats just the way it is, I just doubt that Soulpaint would make any big difference here. Stun them if you can and kill them, if they are able to attack u die anyway xD just saying^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am really honered, ty b:victory

My Chars:
    101 Demon Blademaster. 101 Demon Barbarian,
    100 Sage Seeker, 100 Sage Cleric, 100 Demon Assassin,
    101 Demon Cleric, 93 Demon Archer, 101 Sage Venomancer,
    89 Demon Psychic, 100 Sage Mystic, 100 Demon Wizard
  • izzyhalsall
    izzyhalsall Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I lol'd so hard at this. We're talking about an r9 sin since the person who made the comparison used an r9 wizzy. I don't know about you, but a sin is not a one hit unless the wizzy gets double debuff, spark(genie skill), and maybe even have to three spark that blade tempest and crit. Unless you're saying the sin is getting ganked here by all 6 AA.

Firstly, HARUZI! Hey.
    Secondly, I agree completely. Everyone says "oh casters 1 shot everyone OP". With sins reaching like 17k hp with +60 defence level, and base 10k fire resistance (r9 standards?), even r9 wizards can't 1 shot them like everyone says they can.
  • Pyrogasm - Heavens Tear
    Pyrogasm - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ^this and this guy actually never heard of something called "Deaden Nerves" sins cant be 1 hit. period.

Pk is not always 1 vs 1. Sin is a great pker in 1 vs 1 situations. They cant be 1 hit but they die fast to that. Myea missed the fact that sin has Deaden Nerves, but my point was that, in PvP most melee classes get 1 hit by magic classes. If we are to compare endgame +12 gear, lawl, guys wtf is with you ? its not that easy to get +12.. or it is and i've been gone way too much.
    I've seen what a r9 wiz can do in TW (run in the middle of 20 ppl, use ironguard then 1 hit every single one of them - even if he dies ).
    OP gears make OP chars. If you are not happy with your class or whatever, do something and dont expect others to do it for ya, like QQing in a thread for the developers to make your class invincible. Adapt to survive.

Firstly, HARUZI! Hey.
    Secondly, I agree completely. Everyone says "oh casters are 1 shot everyone OP". With sins reaching like 17k hp with +60 defence level, and base 10k fire resistance (r9 standards?), even r9 wizards don't 1 shot them like everyone says they do.

Yes they do. My veno had lunar nirvana gears, full buffed - 12 - 13k mdef - 12k HP -. A r9 Wizzy hit me for 20k. And you compare r9 like its that easy to get. May i remind you that its about 1.7k $ to get it ? then you gotta refine it and so ...
    - my personal signature -
    - the one who bashes all Caster Nirvana QQers -
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree with u here, we BMs are really no mach for those casters, especially not in TW and especially twice not when there are more of them at once, but well, thats just the way it is, I just doubt that Soulpaint would make any big difference here. Stun them if you can and kill them, if they are able to attack u die anyway xD just saying^^

Lol yea you are exatly right about that. ;p (we would still get pwnt either way... until we can meet their magic skills with a ton of hp/real decent magic defense I think 30k each stat would suffice b:avoid)

Seriously though it does become harder for magic classes to one shot people the more hp/better gear all around that they have.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • izzyhalsall
    izzyhalsall Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Pk is not always 1 vs 1. Sin is a great pker in 1 vs 1 situations. They cant be 1 hit but they die fast to that. Myea missed the fact that sin has Deaden Nerves, but my point was that, in PvP most melee classes get 1 hit by magic classes. If we are to compare endgame +12 gear, lawl, guys wtf is with you ? its not that easy to get +12.. or it is and i've been gone way too much.
    I've seen what a r9 wiz can do in TW (run in the middle of 20 ppl, use ironguard then 1 hit every single one of them - even if he dies ).
    OP gears make OP chars. If you are not happy with your class or whatever, do something and dont expect others to do it for ya, like QQing in a thread for the developers to make your class invincible. Adapt to survive.

Yes they do. My veno had lunar nirvana gears, full buffed - 12 - 13k mdef - 12k HP -. A r9 Wizzy hit me for 20k. And you compare r9 like its that easy to get. May i remind you that its about 1.7k $ to get it ? then you gotta refine it and so ...

First off, your talking caster vs caster, which is different..
    Secondly, Im comparing r9 vs r9 which makes it fair.
    Take r8 vs r8 (+5 refines total), The arguement is still balanced.

YOUR the person comparing NV veno vs r9 wizard. Ofcourse they are going to one shot you.
  • Shinu_Dark - Dreamweaver
    Shinu_Dark - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I think giving casters SoulPaint is a great idea but then wouldn't it just leave Archers as the only class without a hp/mp regen skill?? i mean sins/barbs/seekers/bm's can all get BP, then the casters will get SoulPaint, dun u think archers should get BP as well then to make it fair? b:question

<3 MysticAngel_<3
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I think giving casters SoulPaint is a great idea but then wouldn't it just leave Archers as the only class without a hp/mp regen skill?? i mean sins/barbs/seekers/bm's can all get BP, then the casters will get SoulPaint, dun u think archers should get BP as well then to make it fair? b:question

<3 MysticAngel_<3

Yeh. Somewhere in here I said give Archers either SoulPaint or BloodPaint, but not both.
  • $now - Dreamweaver
    $now - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    yah and why we're at it; why not give archers a BP like buff that adds evasion b:laugh dream on lil guy; dream on.
    edited February 2012
    Lol yea you are exatly right about that. ;p (we would still get pwnt either way... until we can meet their magic skills with a ton of hp/real decent magic defense I think 30k each stat would suffice b:avoid)

Seriously though it does become harder for magic classes to one shot people the more hp/better gear all around that they have.

Well like I mentioned somewhere else in here, there's always the possibility of disabling its (along with BP's) effects in PvP.

As for the other, it's just part of the PvP hierarchy. Everything has its Achilles heel.
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    Haruzi - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Duuude! SS that. I've never been hit that high unless it's a blade tempest after wizzy cast undine strike and spark debuff o.o. And Sins can do the same lol. I'm just saying that the person was making an argument that can also be made for the LA class which is suppose to be the class that **** AA over. Don't forget the pvp triangle that's supposed to exist.
    AA
    LA HA It moves clockwise ^^
  • Ahmas - Archosaur
    Ahmas - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Kritty,wait till after maint to move my thread to blackhol...I mean suggestions. b:thanks

(EDIT:On second thought, don't move it at all, lol. This thing's getting a lot more attention that I expected.)

Serious note. Give Psychics a buff (I'm calling it SoulPaint, bite me) that only works on casters.

Leeches 1% Mana and 1% HP per attack.

Just a thought. Flame on!

EDIT#2: Somewhere in here I said it would be only be fair to give archers access to BP, or SoulPaint, one not both.

haha i would LOVE that!! but that percentage needs to go up some =)
    Seekers = OP DD Clerics b:dirty

avi fail, lvl 101 char >.>
    edited February 2012
    haha i would LOVE that!! but that percentage needs to go up some =)

Well you do realize BP is only 2%, 3% with Sage version.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well like I mentioned somewhere else in here, there's always the possibility of disabling its (along with BP's) effects in PvP.

As for the other, it's just part of the PvP hierarchy. Everything has its Achilles heel.

Agreed that they should/could... would definitely shake things up significantly in pvp... though I am afraid just like everything else it would effect bms the most. (barbs have their hp to fall back on, sins still have their focused mind, stealth, and damn near infinite chi, as for seekers well to be honest I haven't twed much since they came out, but they do seem like a force to avoid and that power comes from them not bp.) xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • sirpractical51
    sirpractical51 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    When i think soulpaint.. the first thing i thought about was this new soulforce with all the classes.

So why not have the hp/mp either or regain, be based on that?

I mean 1 or 2 % of soulforce per hit will be brought to your hp and mp bars
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    Haruzi - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    When i think soulpaint.. the first thing i thought about was this new soulforce with all the classes.

This would make this skill solely end game skill. Also, I propose soul leech as its name.
    edited February 2012

Possibly. But this wouldn't do much to help the lower level casters in questing, since their soulforce is next to nothing.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    While balancing for PvP, one also has to take into account the PvE aspect. A R9 wizzie can hit extremely hard in PvE, a R9 psychic can hit almost the same. Those 2 classes would be able to go without HP or MP pots for pretty much any instance, because of their ability to hit like a freakin' tank.

In short, we would then see the reign of the casters...b:surrender

b:cool
    This sounds good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    b:cool
    This sounds good.

I have Kerona's support. The battle has been won.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    While balancing for PvP, one also has to take into account the PvE aspect. A R9 wizzie can hit extremely hard in PvE, a R9 psychic can hit almost the same. Those 2 classes would be able to go without HP or MP pots for pretty much any instance, because of their ability to hit like a freakin' tank.

sins and bms are suposed to be tank? b:scorn
    i thought that was barb job
    edited February 2012
    sins and bms are suposed to be tank? b:scorn
    i thought that was barb job

b:laugh
  • maybmaybnot
    maybmaybnot Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012

And Wat IF I SAY MY PSY HAS 56000 SOULFORCE ATM ?
    b:shocked

even I'm getting goose bumps

Edit: I meant the PvP side with 75% damage reduction but not SF
    edited February 2012
    And Wat IF I SAY MY PSY HAS 56000 SOULFORCE ATM ?
    b:shocked

even I'm getting goose bumps

Edit: I meant the PvP side with 75% damage reduction but not SF

Yeh I think linking it to a players soulforce would be a really bad idea for numerous reason. It wouldn't help low levels out as much and end-game PvP would become even more one sided for casters.
  • warrioroftherose
    warrioroftherose Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    venos should be allowed to have bp. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Not everyone can afford R9 though, I'm sure most of the players are not stupid enough to pay thousands of dollars on a free game (R9 AND refines). And reign of the casters, oh, I'd like to see that! The reign of 5aps is getting boring.
    edited February 2012
    Not everyone can afford R9 though, I'm sure most of the players are not stupid enough to pay thousands of dollars on a free game (R9 AND refines). And reign of the casters, oh, I'd like to see that! The reign of 5aps is getting boring.

Yeh i dont know why everyone always acts like R9 is so commonplace b:sad
  • evolution1234
    evolution1234 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Is it good players who play psychic that make psychic OP or psychic is OP regardless of player?

Based on my observation of psychic who pvp on LC server, most (I would say over 90%)psychic are r9.

I also hear people complain about how 5-10 people can not kill one psychic. Those people perhaps did not consider the price for their entire set gear is not as expensive as one piece of psychic armor.

All the classes are balanced at what they do. There is only the strongest player, not the most OP class.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    As if psy's weren't OP enough? O.o
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This is epic idea!!! Then casters wouldnt be as... mad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The only thing I find amusing about this is DB would become the new vortex, woot we'll no longer need seekers.

Not really. Vortex hits more often and does more dmg than DB while bp still gives back more hp. Not to mention that wizzies will only really be able to tank large pulls of mobs equal lvl with end game gear, and even then it probably wouldn't keep aggro from other zens unless it were the glitched sage version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Its hardly too OP. Sure a wizard will always do the highest single hit, (and so would have the highest hp recovery), the time taken to do this hit compared to 5aps sins makes it fair.
    Wtih r8+10, on general mobs a wizard will hit about 30k per second (assuming -50% channel for example). Healing 1% of this makes 300 hp per second. Which 1) is slower than crab meats, 2) r8+10 sins heal more than this.

Considering im r8+5 with -37%, and i hit about 30k every 2 seconds, this doesnt seem very "OP" to me.

think about your AoEs.... wizard in RB f.e. 300 hp x 30 = 9000 hp heal/ 3 secs... it is OP

think about your ultis.... this "soulpaint" is OP