[Event] V-day Screen Shot Contest Winners Announced!

Comments

• ryuuri
    ryuuri Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I hate this first I tried for days and nothing happend, finally today it seemd to work very early in the morning around 5 am, but then I got this your sumission may take 48 blabla... WTF?
    Seriously?

Does this means that my sumission is not gonna be valid because if that's so, it's not my fault, I would post the pics here I but I doubt they will be taken in mind anyway nothing can be lost by trying.

And I hope Mendoline is right about that if it was submited it counts and is just the gms not wanting hundreads of pages of screenshots.

This are my entries. I like em but I know there will be ppl with best images since I'm not that good at editing XD and I have no PS. XD is the first time I try to upload pics so i hope it works

Your Light

youmakemefly

Flame of Love

Cosmic Romance

Cosmic Love

I just want to add that all the pictures are dedicated to my girlfriend Melina but specially the last one, it has a fragment of a song I wrote to her with a few modifications for the pic, I hope you like it my love, doesn't matter if I don't win, the best prize, is your love. b:pleased
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    well im glad to see the contest page is updated now but omg my images are spammed everywhere lol. maybe they should um ... only have the images 1 time >_> lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Mistbelle - Sanctuary
    Mistbelle - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm so happy my entries went through this time. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • K/p - Harshlands10
    K/p - Harshlands10 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My uploads that claimed to be successful wasn't ever made public... I just hope frankie still has more to make public

It's already past deadline, soooo upsetting b:sad
  • Babizoka - Dreamweaver
    Babizoka - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    As i imagine,my entries still didn't show up either. I'm not even gonna bother bumping my head on the wall over this, not the first time it happens, and most likely wont be the last. Sure, it sucks that ppl take time to participate, but can't even get the images to show up. Don't know if they still plan on making other entries visible,hope so, but if not,to the ppl who actually got a chance to show the entries, good luck.
    Wait... what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PoppyFey - Harshlands
    PoppyFey - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Same here... my entries still not showing b:cry i uploaded them several times and it said the upload was sucefull... b:surrender
  • Crimson/Tear - Sanctuary
    Crimson/Tear - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Maybe that's exactly the problem uploading them several times, the rules said it was allowed any number of entries as long as they were no repeated, I only uploaded mines once each pic, and they showed up, but well good luck to everyone ^^ I'm happy already withthe fact that my gf will be able to see the screens I made for us.
  • Babizoka - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Maybe that's exactly the problem uploading them several times, the rules said it was allowed any number of entries as long as they were no repeated, I only uploaded mines once each pic, and they showed up, but well good luck to everyone ^^ I'm happy already withthe fact that my gf will be able to see the screens I made for us.

I only uploaded mine once each entry. Didn't show up anyway.
    But i did saw some spammed entries on contest page, makes me wonder if they are actually looking at the entries.
    Wait... what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Galliano - Heavens Tear
    Galliano - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    How come the picture i sent in hasnt been uploaded?
    I sent it in even before the announcement of the extension date was announced..
    :S
  • klaaudija
    klaaudija Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I posted like 11 of mine but it showed only 3. b:sad
    Now I reposted them but of course deadline was yesterday. b:surrender
    This is just not fair, when you try to participate but in the end you don't even have a chance.
    edited February 2012
    klaaudija wrote: »
    I posted like 11 of mine but it showed only 3. b:sad
    Now I reposted them but of course deadline was yesterday. b:surrender
    This is just not fair, when you try to participate but in the end you don't even have a chance.

Agreed, it is complete and utter bull squirt.

Even when it said it was sent in properly, it obviously didnt, now all I can see are people who just spam 40+ pictures and are all uploaded, yet we send in 5, only 1 appears, G ******* G.

Web engineering is clearly not their thing, find another job.
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Actually it seems they should have put a limit on this...it's boring browsing through 2 pages with uploads by the same person when they all look the same in different angles. b:shocked
    Honestly...I counted someone to over 20+ pictures in there...necessary? I'd understand around 5-10 MAYBE..but I really don't see the use of 20+ spammed. Greedy?

Also, what's up with pictures being in there 2-3 times while others arn't even in 1x when they were uploaded the 14-15th? Urgh...this system is clearly not working. Better off posting them on the forum and then have a page voting system or something next time. That way whoever wants to join got a chance. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
    edited February 2012
    Actually it seems they should have put a limit on this...it's boring browsing through 2 pages with uploads by the same person when they all look the same in different angles. b:shocked
    Honestly...I counted someone to over 20+ pictures in there...necessary? I'd understand around 5-10 MAYBE..but I really don't see the use of 20+ spammed. Greedy?

Also, what's up with pictures being in there 2-3 times while others arn't even in 1x when they were uploaded the 14-15th? Urgh...this system is clearly not working. Better off posting them on the forum and then have a page voting system or something next time. That way whoever wants to join got a chance. b:surrender

Well, the ones who spammed, are pretty much unskilled, ones who actually put time and effort into it are another story, ei the white chapel wedding one.

The way pwi chose their winners is very important here, itll just set the standard of how professional they really are.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Keep in mid that it doesn't matter how many images a person postsm if they win they can only win 1 time for 1 image. I submitted a bit of images but they got spammed on their page like hell (idk how)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hmm the entries are hardly browsable atm. lol So many spammers and so many uploads that are double, triple, ... xD

But from what I saw, most of the spammers suck anyway. lol And there's a lot of people who paid no attention to the landscape, colour mood and picture angles. Basically said: There's only a few really good, valentines day fitting shots b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Mine still didn't show up =_=
    ah well *sighs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Keep in mid that it doesn't matter how many images a person postsm if they win they can only win 1 time for 1 image. I submitted a bit of images but they got spammed on their page like hell (idk how)

1 per win or not, they are still spammed, makes it harder for others to get noticed when the display is flooded with a bunch of ****.

Not implying directly to you. I dont know which screenies are yours.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    I agree they should clean it up so we can see others better but I'm sure the judges will be looking over everyones entrees... I mean, if this were a contest with winners voted by the forum users then yea id see it as being unfair.

But I can't do anything about my spammed images which makes me feel like I'm being a jerk to everyone else, especially those peoples who's entries didn't go through :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    The one who caught me the most was "shishkibobs" lol i swear there was over 40+ entries...

Also, lets hope the judges do their job properly, idc if i don't win (also considering my pictures arent even up there lol) We will find out I guess.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Yes that person would be me =.=they're all the same pics spammed a billion times.

If I had the ability to hide all the spammed ones, believe me I would
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    wow xD how did you get so many in, when everyone struggled to get one in at all? xD
    oh well
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    A lot of times my page would have been sitting there loading for like 5 mins so I assumed it didn't work... that's how they ended being spammed I guess lol. I'm really sorry guys but there's nothing I can do but apologise and hope the best for everyone. Its really a shame that some peoples didn't go... ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    so if your pic isnt on the contest it means you havent load it? =.= man i gota look through all these pics. :/ hope mine's there i uploaded last week but never check on it.
  • PoppyFey - Harshlands
    PoppyFey - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My only question here is: is their uploading complete or are they still gonna upload more images?
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wow. Thank god I used my other acc to upload them. Only one pic shown on this account > > But im still grateful that it's showing now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • senshitiger
    senshitiger Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    After failing to upload my SS many times, I finally succeeded, or so I thought. It said ''Upload complete. Thank you for uploading!'' or something close to this.

I just spent the last few minutes scrolling through all the entries, being curious of others' work. My SS isn't there... b:cry

I sure hope I simply somehow missed it... b:surrender If any of you find it, it would be very appreciated if someone would tell me on which page. (should be by senshi.tiger, without a dot, might be sensored b:angry)

EDIT: The submission was done before the first deadline.
  • Chirokee - Archosaur
    Chirokee - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    same goes for me, my upload was successful, but it doesnt show up in the gallery :/ guess i should have spammed with it xD
  • senshitiger
    senshitiger Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    same goes for me, my upload was successful, but it doesnt show up in the gallery :/ guess i should have spammed with it xD

Likewise. b:surrenderb:sad
  • Babizoka - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012

+1 lol
    Wait... what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LORDofLORDS - Raging Tide
    LORDofLORDS - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    is it me or its 24 today?