Late game mystic?

Options
Fail_BM - Raging Tide
Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Mystic
Are they wanted in BH100 or anything? I have never seen a mystic doing a BH with me since I did hit lvl 100 almost 2 months ago. Once, someone wanted to invite a mystic to delta w2, but the squad refused, saying they are useless there =/

I know the roll of mystics and everything what a decent mystic should know about, but I am still wondering why nobody wants to see a mystic in Bh100. I just hope they don't run with the same luck of venos in FC b:sad

Can someone explain me if it's worth to get a mystic to lvl 100? (I like this class)b:surrender
Post edited by Fail_BM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The squad that said mystics are fail in delta was just idiots. A mystic can easily drop you +50k spike damage into the BMs opening HF. And that's just thicket.
    Anyone who doesn't take a mystic if they offer to come is just... well. b:surrender

My current main is a mystic and I find my bh squads. Yes, sometimes you have to search a bit, but tbh the same happens of my veno. Be prepared to be the stand-in-healer in some cases too. Imo, if you're good, you will find your squads.
    It's just that so many people don't know what mystics can really do and think they're a second veno or cleric.

If you love the class and can rock it, just go for it :3 You won't regret it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ur from RT. from wut forum tells me. alot of mystics in RT are terible. maybe that's y mystics arent wanted in RT. i do not have any problems geting into any squads at all for bh or questings. ofc during trials my squad always prefer my cleric so i've never done trial with my mystic.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    oh, another cool and groovy troll thread...lmao! xD
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Are they wanted in BH100 or anything? I have never seen a mystic doing a BH with me since I did hit lvl 100 almost 2 months ago. Once, someone wanted to invite a mystic to delta w2, but the squad refused, saying they are useless there =/

I know the roll of mystics and everything what a decent mystic should know about, but I am still wondering why nobody wants to see a mystic in Bh100. I just hope they don't run with the same luck of venos in FC b:sad

Can someone explain me if it's worth to get a mystic to lvl 100? (I like this class)b:surrender

If you like playing it and are going to continue playing, ofc its worth it. Things got easier once I hit 98 and they will for you too.

I remember other Mystics in this forum telling me the same thing a couple levels back, but I cant say I really believed them at that time.

If you play you Mystic to its full potential, and have your gears and spells up to par, things will be changing for you soon.

If you dont bother to learn to be a Mystic cause you been stuck being fill-in cleric for so long, then you will have issues.

I love my Mystic, and I glad I stuck it out. The other Mystics were right! It gets a lot better once you are close to 100.

Im 33% of the way to 100, although my Avatar hasnt caught up to me yet, lol
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ur from RT. from wut forum tells me. alot of mystics in RT are terible. maybe that's y mystics arent wanted in RT. i do not have any problems geting into any squads at all for bh or questings. ofc during trials my squad always prefer my cleric so i've never done trial with my mystic.

There are plenty of leet Mystics on RT. You dont see them on the troll forums cause, unlike us little baby Mystics, they dont need to be here.

Levi had several when I joined Miniathan (Levi's Jr faction and Alt station).

I think people get interested in you from a TW perspective once you get close to 100. They have already seen the Chaos you can cause on the battlefield.

If you always listen to what the forums tell you, Id advise staying out of General Discussion. You will be believing the most outrageous stuff if you dont.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    oh, another cool and groovy troll thread...lmao! xD

I am not trying to troll at all, I am serious o.o
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Fail_BM, like Baby_pho said: There are some people in this subforum you really shouldn't listen to. b:surrender

Imo mystics don't suck before 100 at all. Yes, mp will be a pain before 75. But I had fun on my mystic from level 1 on.

I say if you really like the class, just go ahead :) The fun you can have is worth way more than the 'lectures' you have to give people sometimes. lol

It's Xain posting from her flower girl btw x'D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Fail_BM, like Baby_pho said: There are some people in this subforum you really shouldn't listen to. b:surrender

Imo mystics don't suck before 100 at all. Yes, mp will be a pain before 75. But I had fun on my mystic from level 1 on.

I say if you really like the class, just go ahead :) The fun you can have is worth way more than the 'lectures' you have to give people sometimes. lol

It's Xain posting from her flower girl btw x'D

Yes, listen to Xainou, you will at least learn to be hateful and troll cause you like looking that way.

You know what - I think Im taking a break from here. Its obviously waaaaayyyyyy to leet for me.

and Im tired of babysitting the flower children anyway. Laters love. b:kiss
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ↑ And that is why fellow mystics will tell you to not listen to her. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yes mystics are very wanted in bh mostly to do clerics job, every day i perform as cleric, last time they even didnt ask me can i do it and i dont ask stupid quest like no cleric, mystics are very versitle and can do all jobs except perform as a tank.
  • GoddezOfWar - Archosaur
    GoddezOfWar - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I will not stop or back down, no matter what anyone says. I love being a Myst. And I can kick azz. Just today, had 4 duels with a lvl 78, I believe, fellow Myst. I wooped it 3x's and i am lvl 60!!

Now, I know, he was a fellow Myst, but still, come on..he should have been better.

I am a warrior and to me, the Mystic, is the ultimate weapon.
    GoddezOfWarb:heart
    edited February 2012
    Options
    what does pvp have with thread starter question?, every clas can be awesome pvp.
    mystics are awesome in delta btw, i finished mine all culti so i know and yes its a problem convincin ppl have awesome u r, your mistres spam nice aoe and your craglord spam uber aoe but again u need to convince ppl that your clas is good, ppl get use to invite ppl who can aoe nonstop without dropin(vortex,DB,barrage). so preferible squad is barb,cleric,bm(seeker/archer/wiz) and for runner(veno or sin) so mytics and psychics have hard time getin squadd.
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes, listen to Xainou, you will at least learn to be hateful and troll cause you like looking that way.

You know what - I think Im taking a break from here. Its obviously waaaaayyyyyy to leet for me.

and Im tired of babysitting the flower children anyway. Laters love. b:kiss

I'll just say this in the nicest way possible... Just go away. You're the only one who is trolling.
    ↑ And that is why fellow mystics will tell you to not listen to her. b:laugh

QFT
    so preferible squad is barb,cleric,bm(seeker/archer/wiz) and for runner(veno or sin) so mytics and psychics have hard time getin squadd.

This is wrong. With everyone lately only doing RB for BH you don't really need a runner, you don't really even need constant AoE'rs like Wizards.

@OP: I sometimes have a hard time getting into BH squads, sometimes people do actually look for a Mystic to join their squads, you just have to be patient or find a good faction that do daily runs. Most of the time when I do join a BH squad I am never the primary healer, I think squads prefer Clerics for BH100s for BB as all of the instances require it at some point. Mystics are also great for Caster Nirvana. I would say get your Mystic to 100 for sure!
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'll just say this in the nicest way possible... Just go away. You're the only one who is trolling.

Well, its a good thing Xainou applied your quote to himself, otherwise someone might just believe that. Lucky me. b:chuckle

Did I post to you on this thread, MrMel? I dont think so...but Im sure you can be nice when you want to.

Im tired of being trolled, mainly cause Im not a little kid. If people want to dish it out thats fine, they should learn how to take it too. Its childish to chase someone on every thread they post on and even recruit help if they feel they cant hold on by themselves in their endeavor.

I'll go away - when I quit PWI. Until then, as I have said repeatedly to your friend - you might as well get used to me. At the very least it will help keep your blood pressure in check. Be well! b:cute

Im not a troll. Please dont hate me cause Im beautiful! b:thanks
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Mystics are still wanted at higher levels, and in bh100's, so you don't need to worry about that. It is true that clerics tend to take priority in most bh100's, due to the fact that we have BB, but mystics are still nice to have. Rebirth/Delta, especially is where you will shine. Mystics do lots of damage in delta, and are very useful there. (Your summons hit for lots of damage there, since the mobs are [?] level. They don't suffer a damage reduction.)

Continue to play your mystic. Level 100 is when it gets fun...due to the bh rewards...if you're lucky that is. :D
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yes mystics are very wanted in bh mostly to do clerics job, every day i perform as cleric, last time they even didnt ask me can i do it and i dont ask stupid quest like no cleric, mystics are very versitle and can do all jobs except perform as a tank.

It seems that you dislike clerics, but don't take it that all clerics ask stupid questions, or that you're performing a clerics job. A healer is a healer, and if you're the main healer in a squad, then that's the job that you're performing. Same rule applies for me, or for any other healer...be it cleric, mystic, or even a psychic or wiz...the latter being unfeasible, but not impossible.

That aside, I agree that mystics are still wanted in bh's, and that they are very versatile characters. Just try to realize that a healer is a healer, and that not all clerics are bad...just as not all mystics are bad. I think that your experiences will get better if you do.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I solo my aba/sot bh with just cleric buffs.
    I find very easy squad for rb bh, metal. Ppl who think mystics are useless in RB are stupid and have no idea what mystics are capable to do, or had bad experiences with plvled mystics who have no idea how to play their class. All i can say is that everytime im doing rb bh with a new squad i get same question "who the hell was that one shooting the mobs?" or one time i got a complain from a wizzie who couldnt set up db coz i was killing mobs too fast rofl. so yeah... pretty much says everything about how useful mystics are in rb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Mayatheia u r R9 Mystic so u will get instant invite everywhere,r9 ppl r everyones best frend and am sure every r9 can do same thing u said u can do and Serenity i love clerics.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yea, I gotta agree with the guys above me. You're going to be facing a lot of ignorance. lol
    However, the smart people will learn so it only gets better :)

/offtopic: I don't chase people through threads. I simply choose to post because most of the stuff you dish out is either wrong or incomplete.
    I love being a mystic and I HATE seeing others getting wrong advice by someone obviously not that exprienced.
    And for the last time: I'm a girl, get it into your head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2012
    Options
    Did I post to you on this thread, MrMel? I dont think so...but Im sure you can be nice when you want to.

No you didn't but this is a community forum, I can write posts to whoever I like and for the record, I am nice I just dislike trolls.
    Im tired of being trolled, mainly cause Im not a little kid. If people want to dish it out thats fine, they should learn how to take it too. Its childish to chase someone on every thread they post on and even recruit help if they feel they cant hold on by themselves in their endeavor.

In what way are you being trolled? I only see trolling and you commenting to cause a reaction from other players... aka trolling

I'll go away - when I quit PWI. Until then, as I have said repeatedly to your friend - you might as well get used to me. At the very least it will help keep your blood pressure in check. Be well! b:cute

You can play the game as long as you want, I just meant for the good of the Mystic gaming community you should leave the forums.
    Im not a troll. Please dont hate me cause Im beautiful! b:thanks

Please refer back to Exhibit A & B
  • Caydon - Heavens Tear
    Caydon - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You can play the game as long as you want, I just meant for the good of the Mystic gaming community you should leave the forums.

Gotta admit, a lot of times, many new players get very affected by what is being said on the forums, so:

+1 MrMelvin

To OP.

First of all, you love the character, play it. Don't be like me, who jumped from veno to cleric, to veno, to barb to mystic, to barb again before I finally realized that "dammit, I'm in love with my mystic". Yes it's the lowest level out of all my toons, but I'm having fun using different pets, summoning different plants - though I can't bring myself to lyse them... ):

As for potential of mystic at end game. What potential? If levelling potential, by all means, go FF and solo the whole thing. I know quite a number of mystics and wizards who solo FF (really slowly at first) with just R8. Your character has immense potential. Or go in a squad and make runs almost painless for everyone.

If money is your concern, check this post by Mayatheia of Heavens Tear.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14722801&postcount=29

She talks about how you can easily farm for DQ or anything really in OHT (I think). Granted, she's an R9 mystic, so her defense and attack levels are sky high, but it shows you that even with R8, you have a lot of potential to earn money if you want to. Party with a wizard and AOE zhen, tadaaaah, income.

I think any class has potential at levelling or making money. So if you like a toon, stick with it (don't be like me), learn your class and push yourself to the limit.

Like soloing unwined BHs. LOL trust me, it is one HELL of an experience.
    Cleric (shelved), barb (shelved), BM (shelved), mystic, veno.

Mystic or veno, mystic or veno?
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Mayatheia u r R9 Mystic so u will get instant invite everywhere,r9 ppl r everyones best frend and am sure every r9 can do same thing u said u can do and Serenity i love clerics.

Don't hate on r9 b:sad

Actually, before r9 was available for mystics we were already rocking the house in delta and what not. But it's also a matter of which guild you're in and the friends you make. With the right guild or friends, you'll have no issues with people not wanting mystics, or newbs who have no clue what a mystic can bring into a squad.

Being rejected doesn't just happen to mystics though, extreme funny example that happened to a friend of mine was that he didn't get accepted into squad because he only had 4 aps even though his daggers were r9 +12.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Caydon - Heavens Tear
    Caydon - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't think R9 is an issue. If you're R9 mystic but you don't know how to use plants, AOE, lysing plants, I don't see why anyone would want to invite you, for WHATEVER instance.

It boils down to being capable and knowing your toon. For example, for a very brief moment I was in a TW faction, I saw this R9 cleric who insisted on DD-ing when the role of a cleric in TW - at least to my knowledge - is to debuff, heal, and perhaps drop a tempest IF there's no need for heals and debuffs atm. This cleric did no debuffing or healing and died.

On the other hand, there was an R9 cleric I know who can tank a World Boss. I forgot the name - the one at Warsong.... Okay, I know there's a few at Warsong. But she was amazing, and that's the kind of R9 everyone wants.

I think a mystic has proven it's worth in PVE and PVP, but it's also because the player took the time to learn the character and maximize it's ability. Those who don't, may have R13 gear (I hope they don't get ideas), but will never excel, in PVE or PVP.

Just my opinion.
    Cleric (shelved), barb (shelved), BM (shelved), mystic, veno.

Mystic or veno, mystic or veno?
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i dont hate R9 but whan r9 girl says she has no problem with squad how this helps to thread starter, dude who opened this thread in first place, he asked for help and advice so i asumin he wont reach this point of bein r9, it was all about this. and again and again i went in to bh 100 today as hiler, rly am pised specialy whan i see all ppl in squad was triple worst geared than i am, some of em used even those new weapons from new map 95+0 unsharded, lol had even 1 wizy today with that wepon in caster xD.
    edit: retsuko has point, u need to find yourself very nice guild with full of ppl close to range of your lvl and whan u do your bh try makin frends there and ad em on your frendlist so u always have with who to make your bh.
    edited February 2012
    Options

Nice troll yourself then.

Does this mean you and Xainou will be leaving, out of your concern for the good of the Mystic community? I know one, so grand and holy as you feel you are, would only want to set the example for others. b:victory

Please refer back to Exhibit A & B

Oh please do! In fact, read the threads' contents before those couple sentences.

We can call all that that came before your alleged "evidence" by the labels Exhibits 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,etc.

I wonder if the rest of the Mystic community worships you two as much as you both seem to worship yourselves. Maybe you would like to start a Poll thread? b:chuckle

I wonder what its like to only watch leet Mystics ask each other questions? Must be hard to find one to ask, considering you already know everything apparently. I wonder if you are one of Zainou's Alt Accounts too. I am curious about a lot of things...

Its a curiocity brought about by past events. Its not like I truely care either way. b:chuckle

You are the troll. Dont let your prejudice against beautiful people betray any good judgement. Its not in your best interest.

Wow...for the good of the Mystic community can the thread get back on topic?

It would be nice considering your alleged concern, and dispise for those you want to call a troll. Honestly, one would have thought that you would have returned it to such a state yourself...and I am truelyshocked by such a conundrum as this.

• beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Those who don't, may have R13 gear (I hope they don't get ideas), but will never excel, in PVE or PVP.

I don't think so PvE wise.. I only have a not so well R8 +5 set. But even with that I can do a lot of dmg to bosses or help healing in tough situations.. Actually if you use your myst you can survive almost everything that doesn't onehit you and thats a lot (Talking about PvE).

When it comes to PvP you are equal to ppl on your lvl and gear.. As a R8 other R8 are not hard to kill.. (putting sins aside, but thats another story).

So finding squads for my myst usually is not a big problem. Solo healing is possible in a lot of instances, but I prefer not to be the only healer, but thats just because I prefer the DDing, not saying that I don't heal. Usually as a Myst you keep an eye on the party members HP, as a cleric does and heal, when needed.

For the BHs: Mysts are really good in Warsongs and Delta, as a DD (Summons get the full dmg against bosses). In BH99 and Lunar you can easily solo heal the group for BH. So finding BH squads should be no problem.. Besides I usually help all my toons for the Divines(the new ones for Orders) since on a Myst they are really easy.

For the con section: When I play on another toon and got a Myst around I usually wonder, why they don't use their potentials.. I really don't get why some mysts don't have summons, out or Summon3, while there is a cleric.. And also told often: Lysing dmg plant in Delta - thats nonsens.. It's really a creapy dmg.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Its only cause were low on clerics for trials half the damn time. Its like they hide or something.

This thread is by far, the second funniest one I've read all week.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Oh please do! In fact, read the threads' contents before those couple sentences.

I did, I even quoted one of your posts "oh, another cool and groovy troll thread...lmao! xD" what exactly did that bring to the thread? Nothing

You then went on to say "If you like playing it and are going to continue playing, ofc its worth it" Any simple minded person would know that and not come to a gaming forum to find that out. Again bringing nothing to the thread.

Then you continued to troll Xainou.

We can call all that that came before your alleged "evidence" by the labels Exhibits 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,etc.

I don't even...
    I wonder if the rest of the Mystic community worships you two as much as you both seem to worship yourselves. Maybe you would like to start a Poll thread? b:chuckle

How exactly do I worship myself? I come to the forums and give my opinion to questions when they are asked, excuse me for knowing my class, just for you my next alt will be plvl'd to 100 and I will be clueless just for you.
    I wonder what its like to only watch leet Mystics ask each other questions? Must be hard to find one to ask, considering you already know everything apparently. I wonder if you are one of Zainou's Alt Accounts too. I am curious about a lot of things...

I don't claim to know everything, I clearly know more than you which is why I give my advice/experience in threads not just troll people to make myself feel better. People warn others not to listen to you because you are clearly just a massive idiot. And I say that in the nicest way possible.
    You are the troll. Dont let your prejudice against beautiful people betray any good judgement. Its not in your best interest.

Ok I'm the troll. Everything I post is just to get a reaction from everyone else and cause arguments /sarcasm

I honestly wish companies like PWE would pre-screen people who want to post on their forums.. would make life so much easier.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Melvin, there's no cure for stupidity. I tried too many times xD
    I suggest you just ignore it, it will eventually go away. No use in derailing every thread. Correct it if needs be, but else just ignore it :p Not worth the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2012
    Options
    OMG Xainou you're such a troll!

That's the problem it won't go away D: