A newbish question,from someone that doesnt have a sin

Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
im curious about this whole "aps" thing....i know aps is attacks per second,but how do you pull that off?i mean the only thing that seems to make my skills work quicker is channeling minus gear

seen some gear in shops on occasion with a minus for interval between hits...o.o didnt even know there was one

so some nice person mind answering the questions of a newb that doesnt have a sin?:D just curious here
Post edited by Semis_Inferi - Archosaur on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    -interval gear only affects auto-attacks, not attacks using skills, so APS characters typically only use 1 skill... triple spark to increase damage (and further increase attack speed, if demon.) The rest of the time they're auto-attacking, building enough chi for the next triple spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This link shows how damage is figured in game, including how APS is figured.

Unless you are a Sin, BM, Archer, Barb APS doesn't really matter

Casters rely on channeling decreases to channel faster

Note however that every skill has a cast time, that can't be reduced
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Arythalia - Dreamweaver
    Arythalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sorry if this is a little confusing, I'm not very good at describing stuff. Aps doesn't effect your skills, it only effects 'normal' auto attack hits. So if you are a magic class then thats whats you need, not aps. -interval between hits is what changes your aps. So the more pieces you have with -int the higher your aps will be. Sorry if thats short or confusing, I'm not sure what else to say, but if you have any other questions feel free to ask b:cute

EDIT: ah well other people beat me too it lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks tons to Bellefleurs for the sig<3
    Arythalia - 100 sage wizzie - main - active
    Eadrienia - 9x demon archer - active
    Myantria - 7x psychic - active
    Multiple other 6x, 7x, and 8x chars too, but too many to list in one sig b:shutup
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Others might give better answers, but from how it works for me.

Boss hp = 1 million, 1 000 000

I hit the boss for 2 000 per hit, non sparked. When i am sparked i hit the boss for 4 000. At 4~5 aps, you are perma sparked, that means always sparked.

1 000 000/4 000 = 250 hits total, boss will die. Since i hit 5 times in a second, 250/5 = 50 seconds. In 50 seconds a boss with 1 million hp will die.

The boss hits me for 1 000 per hit every 3 seconds. I have bp, it gives me 2% hp back.

4 000 x 0.02 = 80 hp returned per hit. 80 x 5 = 400 hp in 1 second. 400 x 3 = 1 200 hp in 3 seconds.

Even though the boss hits me 1 000, i get 1 200 back, so my hp doesn't drop.

In other words i do not need heals, and i can kill the boss fast.

The above is a theoretical example, and a simple one, things are more complicated in game, but you get the idea of how it works.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Others might give better answers, but from how it works for me.

Boss hp = 1 million, 1 000 000

I hit the boss for 2 000 per hit, non sparked. When i am sparked i hit the boss for 4 000. At 4~5 aps, you are perma sparked, that means always sparked.

1 000 000/4 000 = 250 hits total, boss will die. Since i hit 5 times in a second, 250/5 = 50 seconds. In 50 seconds a boss with 1 million hp will die.

The boss hits me for 1 000 per hit every 3 seconds. I have bp, it gives me 2% hp back.

4 000 x 0.02 = 80 hp returned per hit. 80 x 5 = 400 hp in 1 second. 400 x 3 = 1 200 hp in 3 seconds.

Even though the boss hits me 1 000, i get 1 200 back, so my hp doesn't drop.

In other words i do not need heals, and i can kill the boss fast.

The above is a theoretical example, and a simple one, things are more complicated in game, but you get the idea of how it works.

I understand what you say and your logic, but don't you forget the 3s resistance of the triple spark every 15s. So you'd take 59s to kill a 1m hp boss.

I like your explaination, makes it so clear. I'd add that every 15s your spark heals for 20% hp, then even if your HP drops you're able to heal it eficiently as well as 3s of free imunity, granting a higher survivability on bosses who eventualy hit more than 1200.