Soulforce Calculations/Observations

Options
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
I'm not the type to do colorful, well designed posts, but here's my observations on Soulforce.

Character : Bm lvl 101

Base Soulforce (Not one equip on) : 15 251

With something refined at +2 added : 15 252 (1/2 point per refine)

With something at +4 instead : 15 261 (2.3 points per refine or so)

With something at +5 instead : 15 276 (5 points per refine)

With 2 pieces at +5 : 15 426 (Average 17.5 per refine O.o)

With full suit (Total refine 38) : 15 481 (Average 6 or so per refine)

So what exactly is the formula ? Anyone knows ? Looks pretty exponential to me...

Also a question :

"From 2500 to 6500 depending on soulforce"

Anyway knows the range ?

Like, maybe, 2500 is for 15 000, but it does 3000 when u get what, 16k, 17k Soulforce ?

Thanks for any light on this or any link on the scale of refining b:thanks
Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
Post edited by Sir_Puma - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm really curious how this works too. I mean, my +4 r8 mystic and my +2 TT90 cleric got nearly the same soulforce.. how does that even work..? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    >_> Soulforce has been around for a long long time folks.

Soulforce is a direct reflection of the sum of refines of your gear and your level. It has nothing to do with gear's grade or the gems you put in it.

The formula is exponential, with the majority of soulforce being given by your weapon.
    The biggest chunk of Soulforce you will get is at +12 refine on a weapon. Ornaments and Armor are worth much less but still contribute. You get a set base amount per level, as well.

The top Soulforce is around 55,000 give or take with all +12s at lvl 105. To answer Xainou's question, there simply is not much difference in Soulforce between a +2 and a +4 refine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    >_> Soulforce has been around for a long long time folks.

Soulforce is a direct reflection of the sum of refines of your gear and your level. It has nothing to do with gear's grade or the gems you put in it.

The formula is exponential, with the majority of soulforce being given by your weapon.
    The biggest chunk of Soulforce you will get is at +12 refine on a weapon. Ornaments and Armor are worth much less but still contribute. You get a set base amount per level, as well.

The top Soulforce is around 55,000 give or take with all +12s at lvl 105. To answer Xainou's question, there simply is not much difference in Soulforce between a +2 and a +4 refine.

Ty for ur insight. I know it has been around since psy's exist. I was just wondering from what the majority came from (you answered that), but still wonder about the needed soulforce for those skills going from "x" to "y" depending on amount. But I suppose, from what u say, that to get full damage from a new skill, u need near max soulforce possible..

Still wondering if there's any kind of table or something somewhere b:victory
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I doubt there's a table, as the Soulforce tab in game which displays the %s for each skill that is available for Psychics has not been changed to reflect the % chance for every other class yet. If that change is ever made, perhaps there will be a table accessible.

However, keep in mind that most of the skills are "relative soulforce" based chance. In other words "my soulforce is higher than yours so I have a greater chance at success".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why do you doubt there is a table? There is always a table.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Soulforce
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Kerona + Asterelle (and a few others) = Best people to ask things to b:laugh
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This makes me realize how horrible my soulforce is. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    failure of a thread. if you want to know about Soul force then just go search the psy forums. its been out since the TB expansion
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ntkn wrote: »
    failure of a thread. if you want to know about Soul force then just go search the psy forums. its been out since the TB expansion

Not failure of a thread..

As u see I also asked about the range of Soulforce for the new skills.

And if it was that failed, not sure people would have answered politely to it...
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ntkn wrote: »

Ok, well since you know so much, answer this part of the question...
    Also a question :

"From 2500 to 6500 depending on soulforce"

Anyway knows the range ?

Like, maybe, 2500 is for 15 000, but it does 3000 when u get what, 16k, 17k Soulforce ?

Thanks for any light on this or any link on the scale of refining b:thanks
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thought he wanted a table for what skill does what at what % due to a certain amount of soulforce!!

Gogo astypoo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well yeah the table did help me to know that my soulforce blows and I need to mass refine, that's for sure..

But if someone could find the exact range like :

13 000 soulforce = 2500 damage

17 500 soulforce = 3000 damage

and so on, that would be nice :P
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I only have 40k soulforce, I suck. :(
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute