List of Known Issues with the New Expansion

Comments

• Madrigorian - Raging Tide
    Madrigorian - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Is anyone else having a problem with the Yellow Quest line disappearing?
    Now we cant continue the MAIN QUESTS for the new patch.... wth?
    Have gotten all pieces of the armor, but then I have no yellow quests and now chain to go back to 1k to get the last piece (weapon) and be sent to get the item for the daily dungeon....

Please tell me there is a fix for this.

~Mad
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    New issue I just found, PvP protections are broken. b:shockedb:angry

"If target is not in your Party, buff is cast upon yourself." no longer casts the buff upon myself! b:shocked

Changing to "SQUAD" instead of "Party" works. But what the cactopod does "Party" mean now? It certainly doesn't mean order, since I'm not a member of an order anymore...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This has a lot of helpful info, so bumping it back to the first page.
  • risuhana
    risuhana Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I’m getting tired of this.
    I did the DirectX and DLL download. I restarted my computer and all,
    But my mouse pointer is still missing.
    I know I’m not a computer genius, I don’t know half of the technological talk.
    Why did this update have to be so complicated?I
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    bump....
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey guys, just woke up. I'm gonna take care of my dogs then I'll update the first post with the info you guys gave me. I think I'll pm this thread to Frankie too, in case he didn't get to see it over the massive QQ going on in GD, maybe he will be able to find fixes for them or atleast forward it to a higher up. (Maybe a sticky too since it keeps getting lost in all the other threads?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Ajiuo, it seems you missed the second part of my post when I posted it about the client freezing at the login screen animation of the book opening up.

I have found no way to fix it, and only way to exit it to try again is the task manager :/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atone - Lost City
    Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    socket stones from bh no longer stacks with regular socket stones. T_T
  • mahmood55222
    mahmood55222 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    guys try this to fix the Client freezes upon login.

its wokred on one from 2 computers so i hope its working with u guys

its just need time to download cuz it 571.7 MB

here <<< it

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=6812

b:victory

Thx for (( iCur$e )) a pro sin hehe , for helping us to get that fixed ....
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Another PvP protection thing that someone in faction discovered: It seems that white-name protection doesn't keep you from accidentally AoEing a white name anymore. Oops! b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Ajiuo, it seems you missed the second part of my post when I posted it about the client freezing at the login screen animation of the book opening up.

I have found no way to fix it, and only way to exit it to try again is the task manager :/

If you look, you'll see I covered that by itself in number 7
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Another tiny one:
    the "Order icon" option in UI settings does NOT turn off the icon in squad list.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    If you look, you'll see I covered that by itself in number 7

Tried "Possible" fix, it didn't work :/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • D_Dragon - Dreamweaver
    D_Dragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I recently downloaded all the files for PWI-Descent, which took almost 3 hours to do. But the desk top icon I have is for PWI - Genesis, not Descent. However, on clicking on it the splash screen is for Descent. Does this mean I am likely to lose access to Genesis? I hope not, but if it happens, how do I fix this?b:sad
  • D_Dragon - Dreamweaver
    D_Dragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    xghostx16 wrote: »
    The freezing at log-in has to do with people that have NVIDIA Geforce4 video card. It use to work, but now we can't get past log-in... :[
    I am running the nVidia Gforce 4 video card, and I have the latest drivers from nVidia for the cardinstalled. I don't have a problem with getting into PWI Genesis or Descent. You might go to nVidia and check for updated drivers for your Gforce 4 card. This might work. BTW - My OS is Windows 7 64bit Home Premium, if that helps.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thank You Ajiuo

Your fixes work great. I have gotten several people back on the game with them. I wish someone who worked for PWI had taken the time that you did to help others.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If a friend goes into Caster NV to help open the instance with their talisman, after they're kicked and you're invited the NPC at NV entrance will sometimes start eating your keys. It's like the quest gets stuck in a cycle. I lost 3 keys yesterday before I logged off to stop it. Once you log off and talk to the NPC again it lets you in.

I assumed it was lag, but it's now happened to 3 others I've squadded with.

Next time I see it I'll take some ss.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Here's a fun one: Embracing while using Violet Dance causes all kinds of quirkiness. I suspect that this may be part of why 2 stealthed sins can't embrace...

Image 1: http://i.imgur.com/EMLmt.jpg

Look where her body is! b:shocked (And did she get some Violet Dance going on with her clothes? b:chuckle)

Image 2: http://i.imgur.com/M4NKh.png

Look where her head is! b:shocked I like to keep her close to my heart, but that's just a bit ridiculous!

(She wants to have her hand back, though, whoever absconded with it...)

Image 3 (different form): http://i.imgur.com/Iq0t2.jpg

Well, she's at least all intact this time! b:chuckle But she's got some major flying skill! Look at the shadow!

(It is kinda neat she takes the Violet Dance translucency, BTW.)

It's even more interesting when it's a pair of clerics in Violet Dance... http://i.imgur.com/gJRdo.jpg
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Chimer - Lost City
    Chimer - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Here's a fun one: Embracing while using Violet Dance causes all kinds of quirkiness.

Darn you, I was just about to add this, but you beat me to it. Chimer was being haunted by the decapitated ghost of Thrie. D:
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Darn you, I was just about to add this, but you beat me to it. Chimer was being haunted by the decapitated ghost of Thrie. D:

I take it you discovered it during MQ too? It freaked me out and I simply couldn't accelerate back to Arch fast enough! b:shocked

(BTW, since we should post workarounds, the obvious one here is: Leave Violet Dance before embracing.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    I have updated the first post, thanks for the info and I'm glad I could help everyone b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • DemShadow - Raging Tide
    DemShadow - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    anyone else notice you can no longer track quests? That's kinda painful...
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    anyone else notice you can no longer track quests? That's kinda painful...

... It's number 9 on the list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • hinamiyaku
    hinamiyaku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ever since I downloaded that thing required for the new updates, my computer's been acting funny.

I downloaded the stuff from the microsoft website so it's not like it was an untrustworthy site or anything. . .

But for some reason, when I run PW, my computer runs for about 10 minutes then randomly shuts off.

I don't know if it's because of the software I installed, but the shutting off hadn't been a problem until after I installed it. . .
  • risuhana
    edited February 2012
    My mouse pointer is still missing.
    I have downloaded Direct and the DLL + the patch, I did the verify even though I didn't need to, I rebooted the computer. still my pointer is missing...
    I don't know what else to do.
    I can't play the game without my pointer.
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    hinamiyaku wrote: »
    Ever since I downloaded that thing required for the new updates, my computer's been acting funny.

I downloaded the stuff from the microsoft website so it's not like it was an untrustworthy site or anything. . .

But for some reason, when I run PW, my computer runs for about 10 minutes then randomly shuts off.

I don't know if it's because of the software I installed, but the shutting off hadn't been a problem until after I installed it. . .

I would suggest running a virus scan. I dont think that's your problem but it never hurts to. Also, if you don't already, do a C: drive disk cleanup and a C: drive disk defrag. If that doesn't work, you might need more RAM.

@risuhana, I don't know what to tell you. You might have to reinstall the client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • bialarose
    bialarose Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    4. Half way through installing, the client will stop at "elementskil.dll" and you receive an error.

Ctrl Alt Del and end the "elementclient" process, you don't need to "retry" as it says.

Mine stops after just a few seconds of updating, doesn't get anywhere near even a quarter of the bar. I tried Ctrl Alt Del and didn't see "elementclient" in the process list. I tried simply closing the choose screen and it closed out the entire update. I don't know if I'm just being a blonde and missing something obvious or what but please help me o.o my PWI addiction is being majorly neglected since I can't even update it.
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    Xuela - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thank you for this post, its really great b:victory
    Unfortunately for me it didn't work and i hope it all will be fixed when they finally give us a new update. Until that, i keep searching in the forum for solutions.
    [SIGPIC]http://i60.tinypic.com/1zwygpv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Linyela ~ Karma's pewpew Psy ❤

Forever here since 2009.
  • risuhana
    edited February 2012
    That's it.
    I tried to uninstal the game and then I downloaded it again.
    Still no mouse pointer.
    There is no point in having the game if I cant play it so I'm leaving PWI.
    Goodbye.
This discussion has been closed.