List of Known Issues with the New Expansion

Comments

• Aduro_Tri - Heavens Tear
    Aduro_Tri - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    What about this issue?
    For those of us that use Crossover Games to play, we seem to be having a combination of issues, one of MY main ones involves the Autopatcher freezing very near the beginning and not moving on.
    And considering my setup, that I have to reinstall a Bottle to play it every week...it means I have to repatch it every week, and I just hope my Redownload/reinstall works the way I hope to where I don't start at 350 anymore...
    But if I'm stuck at 350 for the repatch, I can't use the Manual patches...so...I need a permanant solution and fast.
  • RamJoT - Dreamweaver
    RamJoT - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    As Deleron and Syfon are now dead who do we go to for the crazy stones quest we used to have?
    Please accept appologies if allready asked. I did try search.
    b:thanks
  • speedy193
    speedy193 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i have a small problem...i can't finish the missions...after i kill some monsters or anything a quest asks when i go to take my reward at the quest awarder he only show me his story...so i can't take my exp/coins reward...what can i do??i restarted the game few times and i updated my direct x but still the same problem
  • Puberty - Harshlands
    Puberty - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My friends list has been emptied on 2 of my characters.
  • risuhana
    risuhana Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Maybe try this

Nope. Still no mouse pointer. :/
  • xghostx16
    xghostx16 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The freezing at log-in has to do with people that have NVIDIA Geforce4 video card. It use to work, but now we can't get past log-in... :[
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    xghostx16 wrote: »
    The freezing at log-in has to do with people that have NVIDIA Geforce4 video card. It use to work, but now we can't get past log-in... :[

So it's a problem on the user end, and will probably not be fixable unless PWI can get the devs to make the login screen switch from non animated to animated to suit the user's prefrence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • HeIlux - Archosaur
    HeIlux - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So it's a problem on the user end, and will probably not be fixable unless PWI can get the devs to make the login screen switch from non animated to animated to suit the user's prefrence.

I think they could just make a "simple" version so we can just login. The game use to run fine but now we cant get past the login screen. I think for some reason, are pc's just can't handle the login screen. So if they just made a different way to login. all would be good.
    (Maybe)
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    I think they could just make a "simple" version so we can just login. The game use to run fine but now we cant get past the login screen. I think for some reason, are pc's just can't handle the login screen. So if they just made a different way to login. all would be good.
    (Maybe)

This is what I was fearing all along when people were like "We need better graphics! Flashy pl0x!" So now we got a flashy login screen and some people can't log in because of their computers. PWI has always been lowball on the flashy graphics, which made it nice for players like me (at the time I started playing) that have slower/not upgraded and uptodate computers. I hope they can make a simple version of it for everyone to play again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Has anyone else had problems with their cursors flickering? in the past, turning off the V synch has solved it, but not this time. and yes, i have the direct x update and all....but dont have the foggiest idea what is to be done to stop this flicker.

inclueded here is a screenshot of my settings, and also shows the off center ads on the sign in screen. please help? i would so appreciate it....

2gubn9e.jpg

1. Long *** download/install/verify time.

1a. d3dx9_42.dll is "missing upon patching."

2. Unable to see other players and yourself.

Install DirectX 9.0, which can be found here

3. After installing, the client will not open PWI; says "Enter game failed"

As far as I know, there's no fix for it yet. Maybe verify the files or reboot your PC?

4. Half way through installing, the client will stop at "elementskil.dll" and you receive an error.

Ctrl Alt Del and end the "elementclient" process, you don't need to "retry" as it says.

4a. Similar to 4, but it will say "Corrupted" files.
    Refer here.

5. DirectX 9.0 is installed, but doesn't act like it is. I.E. Still can't see people or the client will say to install it.

6. Upon opening your friends list, it will be completely wiped.

Apparently, restarting the game will fix it. Thanks to _Zappy_ for the fix.

7. Client freezes upon login.

No verified fix for it yet.

8. Added by AlysonRose.

Guess you have to fly/run/mount all the way there til they fix it!

9. Added by AnomenDelryn.
    Mostly likely something with the graphics card, but not 100% sure.

10. Refer to this for the problem and fix.

I know this won't stop the threads of asking what's wrong, but hopefully it will help those with half a brain that read. Also, if there's anything I missed, let me know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    This is what I was fearing all along when people were like "We need better graphics! Flashy pl0x!" So now we got a flashy login screen and some people can't log in because of their computers. PWI has always been lowball on the flashy graphics, which made it nice for players like me (at the time I started playing) that have slower/not upgraded and uptodate computers. I hope they can make a simple version of it for everyone to play again.

let's hope!
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    iamking123 wrote: »
    here is the worst issue

http://www.redtube.com/

You're a really bad troll. Good trolls would hide the link in something else, i think everyone knows what redtube is. Get the **** out of my thread

@FoxRunning, I'm not sure as I've never heard of that so far, but my best guess would be your graphics card. I'm no computer expert lol, i just read what people say and put it on my list of things. b:laugh But i would assume that's something on the computer end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    edited February 2012
    Yes, im sure it is on my end, but caused by something in the new update.

usually, i can ask my son, LordDeerskin, for help on this, bu he was in a car crash last night, totalling his new car, and and so isnt really interested in the game ATM, as of course. so far as i can figure, it cant be that its something wrong with my PC, because its less than a year old, and built especially for gaming. so im lost on what to do.

You're a really bad troll. Good trolls would hide the link in something else, i think everyone knows what redtube is. Get the **** out of my thread

@FoxRunning, I'm not sure as I've never heard of that so far, but my best guess would be your graphics card. I'm no computer expert lol, i just read what people say and put it on my list of things. b:laugh But i would assume that's something on the computer end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Maybe try to verify your client?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    edited February 2012
    thought of that, and have it running....but man, its going so slow! its going to take as long as downloading it yesterday did.b:sadi have everything else turned off- no YouTube, research, nada, to try to hurry it up.
    Maybe try to verify your client?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • Pazi_Ujedam - Raging Tide
    Pazi_Ujedam - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Another thing u screwed up:
    ☆Scarlet Axes keeps overwriting cler's buff, i allsmost died a couple of times coz of it in delta b:angry
  • MrJenkins - Harshlands
    MrJenkins - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2012
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Yes, im sure it is on my end, but caused by something in the new update.

usually, i can ask my son, LordDeerskin, for help on this, bu he was in a car crash last night, totalling his new car, and and so isnt really interested in the game ATM, as of course. so far as i can figure, it cant be that its something wrong with my PC, because its less than a year old, and built especially for gaming. so im lost on what to do.

If it is "built" for gaming then either you suck at building pc's or your ****. I'm guessing you have NVIDIA Geforce4 right? If so, then your stuck with the rest of us till a update comes out.
    btw, why are you playing Perfect World if you have a gaming pc?
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thanks a bunch, my characters are now visible. b:thanksb:thanks
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There's nothing wrong with the tracker size however, it appears to be the same size as before, only it's designed a little different.

If you think it's the same size, you need to look at the screenshots in the first post of http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1296601 b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
    edited February 2012
    you could use some work on building some manners into your OS, to be used especially when someone has asked politely for help.
    xghostx16 wrote: »
    If it is "built" for gaming then either you suck at building pc's or your ****. I'm guessing you have NVIDIA Geforce4 right? If so, then your stuck with the rest of us till a update comes out.
    btw, why are you playing Perfect World if you have a gaming pc?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i cant download the patch for 606-612 it says server error or cant read the source contact the server admin any other way to get the patch i cant get the manual patch file and the launcher freezes when it is downloading the files
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    If you think it's the same size, you need to look at the screenshots in the first post of http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1296601 b:surrender

It doesn't look any smaller... Maybe a font size smaller, but nothing worth getting worked up over...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    It doesn't look any smaller... Maybe a font size smaller, but nothing worth getting worked up over...

Note that before I could fit all my quests on screen. Now I can't even fit half of them. That's not the same size by any stretch. :/
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Note that before I could fit all my quests on screen. Now I can't even fit half of them. That's not the same size by any stretch. :/

That's because it scrolls now. D: Now you can have ALL of them on there, but you don't have to move the quest log up and down and around to see all the quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • skydiver
    skydiver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012

3. After installing, the client will not open PWI; says "Enter game failed"

As far as I know, there's no fix for it yet. Maybe verify the files or reboot your PC?

After 2 horrible days with searching, downloading, reinstall and and and ... b:angry

i installed Visual C++ and now it works, game is loading ... i can play b:pleased

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5638
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Thank you, I added it to the possible fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    That's because it scrolls now. D: Now you can have ALL of them on there, but you don't have to move the quest log up and down and around to see all the quests.

Except that I never had to move my quest log around before... Now I have to try to click that tiny scroll bar and hope to not accidentally autopath (and sprout wings) or click through to whatever's behind. Totally not an improvement. I'd call it an issue that we've lost a useful ability and the change not in the patch notes.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16148741&posted=1#post16148741

That is another issue with latest expansion.
    When male clerics go into violet dance mode chunks of their face disappear.
    I have a pretty good gfx card so I doubt that is the issue.
    Please add it to your list.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If this hasn't been answered:

Upon starting the game (Through the Launcher or Exe file) the game will get to the screen before the login (where the book appears and opens) that gives you the little bit of info on things (i.e. no PK in room 1 of cube) and will crash there or close itself out (not minimize, but fully close out the exe running and everything).
    Then there is also the one where when the book goes to open the game freezes and won't allow you to do anything at all (only thing you can do is CTRL+ALT+DEL to get a Task Manager and close out the game either via applications or the processes).

If an answer has been given for either one, please point me to it before I take this $140 piece of **** tower and slam it so hard into the ground it becomes dead and buried at the same time.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.