Treasure Hunting

Options
AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
When I got there I opened the box, killed a giant snake, and I got 10,000 coins. I was hoping to get one of the things shown in the chimei's trading system as that new necklace looks pretty sweet.

Does your reward vary each day? Is the chance of getting next to nothing from it as high as I imagine it is going to be?

At least its a fun quest b:surrender

EDIT: Tonight I got there and a GIANT living armor popped out. It dropped 10k and...another map. Next was a golem thung and 20k....and a 3rd map!

I wonder how long it goes this time?

EDIT2: Finished finally. It went:

Colossus armor and 10k + 2nd map
Golem and 20k +3rd map
Giant 2 headed lion and 75 rep + 4th map
Imperial Djinn (hit fairly hard) and 40k +5th map
Heavenly Swordmaster (has bramble, buffs like cosmoforce, melee and has aoe metal) it dropped 50k and 2 Ancient Emperor's Bones.

These can be taken to the chimei and traded for around 300k xp OR 150 rep. You can also not be an idiot and trade them for nexus pills for a 5k fee each which unlike the bones ARE tradable (or at least don't say otherwise). These can be then traded for a fee of TEN COINS EACH for a Chrono Page. Or you cn save them up for the new necklaces like I am.

So I guess the quest can either be really disappointing or really awesome!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
Post edited by AlysonRose - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    bump for new knowledge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xilplxim - Dreamweaver
    Xilplxim - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yes thank you for the info. couldnt be any clearer. bumpty bump. b:victory
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks very much ;3
    Sadly I'm stuck on second map because it takes ten years to respawn the boxes! D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've done the quest twice, neither time have I got past the first map. Hardly worth the 88,888 coins for 10k coins and 25 rep. However; I was at my moms house yesterday and she got to do it through 4 maps. She got a Cicada wing. I have another friend who did this quest and died and that kills the quest. Just an fyi. Also if you are in a squad with another person your map can go to them. So its best to do this solo or have someone heal you outside squad. The rewards look pretty sweet -Each map you get the amount of rep you get goes up. As per 25, then 50, then 75, then 100. Pretty sweet if you get to go several maps, the coinage goes up too!
  • ShadowIH - Raging Tide
    ShadowIH - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ... Hardly worth the 88,888 coins for 10k coins and 25 rep. ...
    b:laugh
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I did mine at around 40 mins ago. And last night I did it at 1pm server time. I don't think the time you do it matters. As my mom did it on 2 diff chars back to back and totally different outcomes. I think whatever you get is just random! I think its a very fun quest tho, makes you really think about how well you know the terrain! I've not been stumped yet!
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Still freakin waiting for the treasure box to respawn. Must take an hour or more, basically like waiting for a WB b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I did this quest and I were not able to get more than the 1st map. I had to look for a 'X' in the map on pwi.
    Ima check it out better today :)
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • LuciusVorenu - Lost City
    LuciusVorenu - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I would like to state that I am under the impression that the bosses do vary. I did my first Treasure Hunt last night. Got my first map, killed first boss, dropped 2nd map. Second boss dropped third map. Third boss was actually two bosses. Only one dropped the 4th map. Fourth boss ended up dropping 2 maps (Darksbane Map: Herbmaster and Darksbane Map: Genesis....both are Purple Items) , both of which I cannot acess due to my lvl (and I am lvl 97) ALSO:

-You get 25 rep for the first map.
    -You get 50 rep for the second map.
    -You get 75 rep for the third map.
    -You get 100 rep for the fourth map.

I hope that if this additional info proves useful, you can add it to the knowledgebase for this quest =)
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I tried it solo at this nab level. Killed the boss, got the next map. Can't open it. My theory is that each map has a higher level requirement.

Also, I have another theory that the quest is only available to characters level 60+. Can't get the quest on my 5X characters.

Oh, and when a friend and I tried to do one(my friend's), she didn't get a reward when the boss was killed. Perhaps the quest is solo.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I tried it solo at this nab level. Killed the boss, got the next map. Can't open it. My theory is that each map has a higher level requirement.

Also, I have another theory that the quest is only available to characters level 60+. Can't get the quest on my 5X characters.

Oh, and when a friend and I tried to do one(my friend's), she didn't get a reward when the boss was killed. Perhaps the quest is solo.

No, I'm lvl 102 and I did it solo and got nothing last night or today. I think its just totally random if you get another map or not.
  • Syyfee - Sanctuary
    Syyfee - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And i dont think the chests have a respawn time, you just have to find the right spot and then it spwans. Hade to run back and forth today alot to get the spot shown on my map XD
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sorry guys....where to start this quest??
  • GaurdianMira - Archosaur
    GaurdianMira - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sorry guys....where to start this quest??

The NPC in Arch is called Sharpspear but the name over his head says chime treasure hunter so, whatever... I did the quest yesterday got 10k coin but no new map. And yes you have to go to the exact location, took me forever to find it because a lvl 87 mob was standing on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There is another npc in 1k just beside the Demon justice npc.

You have to pay 88.888coins to start the quest, then you get an item in your inventory, right click and you can open a map with a trasure location. Hunt the treasure in the normal pwi map. Once you find the the location walk around until get a system message, a treasure spawns, dig it and kill the boss. This boss drops random, according with what it drops, 10k or another map -items you can keep doing this quest or not.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    >= 60 - can activate 1st map
    >= 70 - can activate 2nd map
    >= 80 - can activate 3rd map
    >= 90 - can activate 4th map
    >= 100 - can activate 5th map (purple)
  • Hahren - Lost City
    Hahren - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There is another npc in 1k just beside the Demon justice npc.

You have to pay 88.888coins to start the quest, then you get an item in your inventory, right click and you can open a map with a trasure location. Hunt the treasure in the normal pwi map. Once you find the the location walk around until get a system message, a treasure spawns, dig it and kill the boss. This boss drops random, according with what it drops, 10k or another map -items you can keep doing this quest or not.

TY! This finally got me to understand why I couldn't take the quest on any of my chars. It's cause I got a habit of banking my money so I never have more then 50k on me and you need that 88.888 coins for the quest to show.
  • jealousof2hotmen
    jealousof2hotmen Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Here's a Couple pictures of Some Hints for the Clues [Sorry Couldn't Add picture but here's link] :) [Hidden Heroes Village]

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4851/clue1l.png

Clue: 2

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/clue2i.png/

Clue: 3

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/141/clue3f.png/

Boss pops out, and You get Random coins in between 10k+ and 25 Rep Didn't Spawn anything else for me But it was fun hope my SS'd worked for yall.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Finally had good luck again after not getting anything 4 times in a row.

My 3rd map was for a spot in the water by Nameless Isle, and no chest popped. Instead a giant fish instantly spawned. It was pretty easy and dropped 2 daggers and 2 4th maps.

I'm gonna miss that when 2x it over.

One each 4th map dropped a 5th map.

One led to the cliff face south of burning heart, and as far as I can tell the chest spawned inside the damn wall b:angry

The other led to a much harder boss than my last 5th map. The Abyss tiger b:shocked

It one shot me for almost 6k hp, and after calling in 2 clerics 2 bms and a barb, we killed it. It has an aoe that freezes and hits pretty hard, but you can heal at range. It also seemed to hit way harder at low health and aoe more like drummer in tt.

It dropped 6 of the highest treasure drops that you can trade in for ancient nexus pills. The boss drops are sadly untradable. I only got one and 2 in the squad got 2 each.

The dagger items trade in for shards or for TWENTY TOME FRAGS EACH. You can also trade for 200k xp or 100rep by just turning them in.

The ancient nexus pills are good for the g14 necklaces or 2 chrono pages each.
    You can turn them into 300k xp and more rep too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There is definitely a glitch on this quest. After getting to map 5 for two days running (often getting two of each map so that I had several quest threads running at the same time) today, on my first map, I found the location and the pop-up appeared saying I had found the spot. But when I dropped to the ground the chest was not there, or anywhere around. I did notice that my experience had increased by just over 1%.

So, there is a glitch. I'm not complaining though, these quests are excellent as is most of the update (crud non-game-balancing skills excluded).
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There is definitely a glitch on this quest. After getting to map 5 for two days running (often getting two of each map so that I had several quest threads running at the same time) today, on my first map, I found the location and the pop-up appeared saying I had found the spot. But when I dropped to the ground the chest was not there, or anywhere around. I did notice that my experience had increased by just over 1%.

So, there is a glitch. I'm not complaining though, these quests are excellent as is most of the update (crud non-game-balancing skills excluded).

Yeah, I had posted screenshots and info when I had hit that the first time I did the Treasure Hunter quest, in one of the many threads about this new quest.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    just a hint... spots for 4th boss can be camped, and if someone summons a boss the camper can kill steal the boss and get the 5th map for free
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yeah I'm sure in a week or two all the spots will be camped just like with world bosses, and the coolest new daily will become a pointless trollfest.

If they could make it so that only the map holder/their squad could open, damage the boss, and pick up the drops then problem solved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

was anyone else around, as anyone can dig that chest once you reach the trigger point, happend on my barb today some noob at west arch starting digging it soon as i got to it, luckly i had my sin with me incase my barb could not handle the boss and was able to kill it before the other did. i posted in suggestion maybe it will be changed. no one should be able to dig that chest, just like any other quest chest in the map
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    Options
    oh sorry i see you said no one was around, so that is another glitch,
  • _Zanir_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zanir_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Out of curiosity, has anyone NOT been able to pick up the quest from the Treasure Hunter NPC? I've done it on 4 toons now with no problem but my girlfriend can only get it on 2 of her 3 toons. Archer works just fine, so does Veno, but the Cleric who is on the same account as Veno has no quest from Treasure Hunter.

Advised her to submit a ticket but was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if so, did you find a way to fix it? I know relogging sometimes fixes some of the bugs that have turned up, but it didn't work for this situation. And before anyone asks, no she did not already do the quest, she checked before and after reset just in case.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Out of curiosity, has anyone NOT been able to pick up the quest from the Treasure Hunter NPC? I've done it on 4 toons now with no problem but my girlfriend can only get it on 2 of her 3 toons. Archer works just fine, so does Veno, but the Cleric who is on the same account as Veno has no quest from Treasure Hunter.

Advised her to submit a ticket but was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if so, did you find a way to fix it? I know relogging sometimes fixes some of the bugs that have turned up, but it didn't work for this situation. And before anyone asks, no she did not already do the quest, she checked before and after reset just in case.

You have to be lvl 60+ inoder to get the treasure quests, also make sure to have 88,888 coins for it too.

So far, I've made it to map 5 three times:
    For the 5th map bosses, all three of the ones I came across bramble itself constantly. So it's not possible to solo for an aps char.

The firs time I got: Darksbane Map: Herbmaster
    Boss: Icebound Wraithguard (solo-able by a charmed archer/seeker with bp/veno)
    Dropped: 1 x Herbmaster's Amber Eye
    Echanged for 1 x Nexus Pill = 1 Chrono Page (2 mil profit)

Second time: Darksbane Map: Enlightened
    Boss: Reaver Demon (best to have squad - not solo able: boss aoe stun frequently and cast reflect)
    Dropped: 6 x Lost Soul of the Enlightened
    Exchanged for 6 x Ancient Nexus Pill = 12 Chrono Pages (24 mil profit)

Third Time: Darksbane Map: Genesis
    Bosses: (solo-able by a charmed archer/seeker with bp/veno)
    1) Chimei Spearmaster (Dropped 2x Genesis Jade Seal)
    2) Chimei Elder Shaman (Dropped coins only)
    3) Chimei Elder Spearman (Dropped 2x Genesis Jade Seal)
    Total Drops: 4 x Genesis Jade Seal
    Exchanged for 4 x Nexus Pill - 4 Chrono Pages (8 mil profit)
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Actually it's 60+, her Veno is in the 70s and was able to get it just fine. What is level dependent after lvl 60 is the different maps which go up 10 levels each new map you get. Map 1 is 60, 2 is 70, 3 is 80, 4 is 90 and 5 is 100+. Regardless, her Cleric is 97 and should easily be able to get the quest. It's a matter of it simply not being there.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Actually it's 60+, her Veno is in the 70s and was able to get it just fine. What is level dependent after lvl 60 is the different maps which go up 10 levels each new map you get. Map 1 is 60, 2 is 70, 3 is 80, 4 is 90 and 5 is 100+. Regardless, her Cleric is 97 and should easily be able to get the quest. It's a matter of it simply not being there.

Yea its lvl 60+, I just cheched with my lvl 60 alt again, the map was mixed into the inventory xD
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lmao i posted in wrong thread sorry haha