Treasure Hunting

Options

Comments

• Xamani - Lost City
    Xamani - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My veno is level 86. Day before yesterday, there was no quest for her. She was able to pick it up yesterday, but could never find the second chest, and eventually the quest expired and vanished from her quest log, along with the map. Today, no quest again, and she did have the necessary coin. I haven't figured out what was different when I could pick up the quest.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My veno is level 86. Day before yesterday, there was no quest for her. She was able to pick it up yesterday, but could never find the second chest, and eventually the quest expired and vanished from her quest log, along with the map. Today, no quest again, and she did have the necessary coin. I haven't figured out what was different when I could pick up the quest.

I don't see a timer for the quest in my quest log for the treasure quests. Maybe you can try to see if its still in you quest log? It's under the 'Adventure' Click on the sub quest called "treasure Hunting" There should be a green link for u to reopen the map.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Got to my spot tonight and once again no chest. Pop up popped I got 25 rep and some xp but my chest is apparently stuck inside the slope west of fb59.

Hope this gets fixed eventually. Its the second time I've paid 88k for the privilege of staring at a wall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Got to my spot tonight and once again no chest. Pop up popped I got 25 rep and some xp but my chest is apparently stuck inside the slope west of fb59.

Hope this gets fixed eventually. Its the second time I've paid 88k for the privilege of staring at a wall.

AHA, that is the same location that the quest glitched for me, in exactly the same manner.
  • hi7ok1ri
    hi7ok1ri Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I did mine at around 40 mins ago. And last night I did it at 1pm server time. I don't think the time you do it matters. As my mom did it on 2 diff chars back to back and totally different outcomes. I think whatever you get is just random! I think its a very fun quest tho, makes you really think about how well you know the terrain! I've not been stumped yet!

this b:victory
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Killed already 3 of those and some others, made already 80mill with chrono pages and g10 shards. b:pleased. Bosses r evil cos some can reflect dmg, but drop 12 chrono pages + g10 shards (got 2x citrine till now b:victory).

THOSE NEW QUESTS ROCK! WAY BETTER THAN WORD BOSSES WHERE SOME PPL HAD A MONOPOLY.

Maybe those quest will rock only till some ***** figure out that u can just stay e.g. in timerfield, bamboo village or vibrant cliffs and follow any highbie which leaves sz, most likely to do treasure map quest. They can just steal their kills/drops (on pve server u even cant payback when some1 is trying to steals ur kill?)

So id recommand to do the map quests (map 1 + 2, which r not tradable) only together with sin, just to be sure that there is no thief arround. Also always transfer the map3+ quests to mains, i suppose the toughest bosses r impossible to solo, even for full r9 ppl (dmg reflection pwns :P).

Btw its great that the best bosses r not close to popular rpk spots, i got them only close to borders of map till now, so no1 will c u. However i also got 3x map3 close to west gate b:surrender, i hope i wont get this that often in future (when rpkers r back cos they got bored of new map).
  • Pyrogasm - Heavens Tear
    Pyrogasm - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yeah I'm sure in a week or two all the spots will be camped just like with world bosses, and the coolest new daily will become a pointless trollfest.

If they could make it so that only the map holder/their squad could open, damage the boss, and pick up the drops then problem solved.

lmao... why dont you ask for stuff that can actually be implemented ? i bet you have no clue HOW could that be implemented, except from teleporting you to an instance after you dig.

God bless people and their ideas.
    - my personal signature -
    - the one who bashes all Caster Nirvana QQers -
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I can think of several.

As simple as programing a flag that corresponds to the person holding the map and their squad that enables them and only them to attack the boss. Its a game, I'm sure a simple If/then/else statement which is one of the most basic of all programming concepts isn't somehow magically beyond the realm of possibility.

To put it in more practical terms, you know how the chest magically appears when you are in range and give you xp and rep etc?

Why not at the same time have it give you and your party a buff that is keyed to that specific spawned boss which otherwise is immune to all damage and effects?

This could be an actual buff on your buff list or it could spawn items in your inventory that you need to have in order to damage the boss.

Or they could even troll the trollers by making the boss attackable by anyone but only the people with the buff/items in their inventory can pick up the drops.

That is just one idea. If you still think that it cannot be done, and that the mere suggestion that it can is a quaint naive idea, then I don't know what to tell you b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I can think of several.

As simple as programing a flag that corresponds to the person holding the map and their squad that enables them and only them to attack the boss. Its a game, I'm sure a simple If/then/else statement which is one of the most basic of all programming concepts isn't somehow magically beyond the realm of possibility.

To put it in more practical terms, you know how the chest magically appears when you are in range and give you xp and rep etc?

Why not at the same time have it give you and your party a buff that is keyed to that specific spawned boss which otherwise is immune to all damage and effects?

This could be an actual buff on your buff list or it could spawn items in your inventory that you need to have in order to damage the boss.

Or they could even troll the trollers by making the boss attackable by anyone but only the people with the buff/items in their inventory can pick up the drops.

That is just one idea. If you still think that it cannot be done, and that the mere suggestion that it can is a quaint naive idea, then I don't know what to tell you b:surrender

Also they could do like they did with the damage test mob spawned by 1k elder, though I have heard that there is a glitch around that, not sure if it's true or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Tried on 2 chars today, only got first chest both times. b:sad Jealous of everyone getting such badass rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • JebakLesny - Dreamweaver
    JebakLesny - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    got luck last night
    when the last boss show up he got 614k HP, giant flying phoenix. need cler to help me kill him. First he hit magic then physical, BB+BP= b:victory. 2 chrono page for 10-15 mins b:dirty
    I'll try today. GL all.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    When I got there I opened the box, killed a giant snake, and I got 10,000 coins. I was hoping to get one of the things shown in the chimei's trading system as that new necklace looks pretty sweet.

Does your reward vary each day? Is the chance of getting next to nothing from it as high as I imagine it is going to be?

At least its a fun quest b:surrender

EDIT: Tonight I got there and a GIANT living armor popped out. It dropped 10k and...another map. Next was a golem thung and 20k....and a 3rd map!

I wonder how long it goes this time?

EDIT2: Finished finally. It went:

Colossus armor and 10k + 2nd map
    Golem and 20k +3rd map
    Giant 2 headed lion and 75 rep + 4th map
    Imperial Djinn (hit fairly hard) and 40k +5th map
    Heavenly Swordmaster (has bramble, buffs like cosmoforce, melee and has aoe metal) it dropped 50k and 2 Ancient Emperor's Bones.

These can be taken to the chimei and traded for around 300k xp OR 150 rep. You can also not be an idiot and trade them for nexus pills for a 5k fee each which unlike the bones ARE tradable (or at least don't say otherwise). These can be then traded for a fee of TEN COINS EACH for a Chrono Page. Or you cn save them up for the new necklaces like I am.

So I guess the quest can either be really disappointing or really awesome!

Sorry I'm noob maybe. But where you can take this quest?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Treasure Hunter NPC next to South Arch Jewelcraftsman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There are a couple of the NPCs the one I use is near the Jewel craftsmen in south arch

ninja'd >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Treasure Hunter NPC next to South Arch Jewelcraftsman.

Thanks both
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Or the one in 1k streams near the Trainers.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • BeingSpencer - Raging Tide
    BeingSpencer - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Or the one in 1k streams near the Trainers.

:o N so you are back. Pfft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Unchallenged, Cool Story Bro.
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So i read this thread an found the npc...very glad I did. I can say that it seems like a good coin sink and I would not think it is profitable in ordinary drop times. With 2x influencing drops my results were my 1. (sin) got total of 9 chrono pages from map 5's my barb,cleric,archer,veno,wizard after wards got a couple piles of coins an largely wasted the entry fee. Then my bm managed to make it all the way to the fith map an when the quest triggered no chest apeared to dig---i was standing on top of a large hill---go figure..QQ Still out of 7 lv 100+ characters x 88k I managed to get 9 chrono pages which was good, but probably just dumb luck...enough to entice me to try again tommorow or whenever itll let me.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    did this yesterday, 2nd char got 8 chrono pages and 60 tome frags b:dirty soooo much money...

but done the treasure map about 13 times and only gotten past 1st treasure map twice, only gotten past 3rd map once
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Technically, this treasure hunter thing sucks balls in rewards. Since it's 2x, the profit is amplified by 32x (double probably of drops at each map transition, which is 4 totals, so 16 times. And since it's 2x, the final drops on map 5 is 2x, so 32x.) So it may seem to be worth it to do it atm, but at 1x, if you get to map 5, its gonna be a miracle.

On other news, got 8 chrono pages and 40 mystical tome fragments. Missed the first two day of this event. QQ so, got that with 16 tries.(have 4 chars)
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Technically, this treasure hunter thing sucks balls in rewards. Since it's 2x, the profit is amplified by 32x (double probably of drops at each map transition, which is 4 totals, so 16 times. And since it's 2x, the final drops on map 5 is 2x, so 32x.) So it may seem to be worth it to do it atm, but at 1x, if you get to map 5, its gonna be a miracle.

On other news, got 8 chrono pages and 40 mystical tome fragments. Missed the first two day of this event. QQ so, got that with 16 tries.(have 4 chars)
    Is possible to get nothing? I killed first mob spawned from chest and nothing. No other map nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Is possible to get nothing? I killed first mob spawned from chest and nothing. No other map nothing.

Yep. I have done it a few times now.

That quest seems to hate me. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2012
    Options

Yep. I have done it a few times now.

That quest seems to hate me. b:surrender
    Thanksb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Did it on 2 mains and 1 alt this morning. 19 chrono pages, 20 tome frags and an incomparable garnet. \.o./ yay for double map drops... over and over. Oh, and I lost one of those chests inside a rock. So there would have been even more...
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Okay, seriously. Is there any secret to getting further map drops?

I did it on 5 chars today, one got to map 3, the rest died off after killing map 1 boss. .___.
    And yesterday didn't look any better...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Here is a link to one of the treasure chest bosses.

It shows a 20% chance to drop the next map. This is what we can expect after x2. A 1/5 chance to move on each time.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

since 2x drops doesnt techncially "double" the drops the chacne to get to the final map (and get the good item) is actually a little over 9x higher rather than 16x, so prfoit from this is ~18x higher, this treasure hunt may actually not be worth the 88k during non 2x...
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    since 2x drops doesnt techncially "double" the drops the chacne to get to the final map (and get the good item) is actually a little over 9x higher rather than 16x, so prfoit from this is ~18x higher, this treasure hunt may actually not be worth the 88k during non 2x...

You can currently get several maps dropped from the same boss though. That means sometimes you are getting 4 or more pages as opposed to just 1. On average the reward is 32 times better than what it is outside of 2x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Seems like this event is more profitable during the 2x time.

So far I have gotten nothing more than map 4 b:cry
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Finally got my first 5th map. lol Boss was kind of nasty, self buffs, bramble b:shocked
    But I killed him with my mystic healing Bm and reward was 2 chrono pages and 20 tome frags in the end :3 And a nice chunk of exp and rep :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]