"The Fix" For the Directx 9 Issues

_Smiz_ - Heavens Tear
_Smiz_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
its exactly as everyone else is saying, you need to reinstall directx 9. BUT, the game can not be running when you reinstall. Meaning, client, updater, patcher, any of the above cannot be running. Once the directx is done installing reboot the pc without opening the game. Your problem should be fixed. I wanna stress one more time. Install DirectX without the game running At All, then reboot, (once again without opening the game)

Once you have rebooted completely the game should load correctly.

Cheers!
Post edited by _Smiz_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• strawo0ob3ri
    strawo0ob3ri Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the first problem was i getting to update my directx 9.0c now i update it i know because im not getting that message anymore when i try to lauch the game and now it like it say game enter fail it dont want to go to the other part so u saying to reinstall the directx 9.0c how do i uninstall and reinstall or what steps i do please help
  • _Smiz_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Just do the same steps, but without the game running.

When you install DX9 no matter if you have that same one installed, it will reinstall the same files again. The problem is, at least was with mine, when the game is open it is accessing the files that are needed to update DX9.

This makes it impossible for DX9 to update "correctly" while the game is running.
  • strawo0ob3ri
    edited February 2012
    because im thinking i have to reinstall the game or do manual patch so basically just run the setup for directx 9.0c again with nothing being open then when it successfully installed just restart my pc then run game and it should work...well i hope it works because game just wont load now the directx 9.0c to opdate alert isnt popping up no more for me
  • _Smiz_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    good luck =o
  • CrystalSkye - Heavens Tear
    CrystalSkye - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    :O smizzle...
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    And what about if you already not only have dx9 but dx11 and your getting the need dx9 error.. then what.. I HAVE TO DOWNGRADE????
  • _Smiz_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Oh cheet someone recognized me! ~flees~

I dunno bout the downgrade either. I have Win7 Ulti 64bit with DX11 installed and i still had to do it too. <.<

I think the patcher, or game patch messes with a file in DX while installing. BUT! you want it to work?

You gotta downgrade haha xD I'm playing right now, are you? O.o

Cheers!
  • _Smiz_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Oh, one more thing.....

If this is working for you guys come back and say thanks or that it worked so the thread stays at the top and helps others that are having trouble too. Thanks! b:victory
  • neubee
    neubee Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    After updating patcher.com, download dxwebsetup from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

Takes about 5-10 minutes to download. Then do a complete reboot.

Open game and enjoy.

E'nuff said!

(pssst ... gimme a job)
    edited February 2012
    Oh cheet someone recognized me! ~flees~

you can run but you cant hide from me muahahaah b:laugh
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Oh Im in the game playing on my computer.. and my bf is on one of his, but he has 1 computer that is Win7 64 bit with DX 11 and its not working.. and he is not willing to downgrade to dx9.. i think he has some apps that require it.. Plus now he says he cant find a place to dl dx 11 again anyway.. ugh...
    edited February 2012
    Oh Im in the game playing on my computer.. and my bf is on one of his, but he has 1 computer that is Win7 64 bit with DX 11 and its not working.. and he is not willing to downgrade to dx9.. i think he has some apps that require it.. Plus now he says he cant find a place to dl dx 11 again anyway.. ugh...

>.< might the same problem with it too. i have some game that require DX 11 >.<
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    neubee wrote: »
    After updating patcher.com, download dxwebsetup from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

Takes about 5-10 minutes to download. Then do a complete reboot.

Open game and enjoy.

E'nuff said!

(pssst ... gimme a job)

OK so i do exactly this....i get new patcher appear and it tells me game needs updating (ive already d-loaded patch 606-612) so i think ok..it wants to d-load again and press 'go'.

What is it now doing?? It tells me my game version is 515 and is now updating from there!!

WTF? All i wanna do is play the game :(

HELP!!!! b:cry
  • beerbellian
    beerbellian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm thinking I'll just stay away from this game until they get the patch ironed out.

Good luck.
  • strawo0ob3ri
    edited February 2012
    so i just did a system restore and updated everything my service pack 3 for windows xp but im wondering when u updating manual does it matter wat patch 1 or patch 2 or i can just choose patch 1 or should it work either on patch 1 or patch 2?
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    starfever wrote: »
    OK so i do exactly this....i get new patcher appear and it tells me game needs updating (ive already d-loaded patch 606-612) so i think ok..it wants to d-load again and press 'go'.

What is it now doing?? It tells me my game version is 515 and is now updating from there!!

WTF? All i wanna do is play the game :(

HELP!!!! b:cry

I downloaded patch yet again and now have error message "Update file list error"

Help..please ...? b:cry
  • War_Dawg - Sanctuary
    War_Dawg - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 this is the link from frankierays post even though it says file version 9.29 if your already running directx 11 it will not downgrade it but will in fact put the missing .dll file that is needed to make the game load.
  • TobiasTiger - Lost City
    TobiasTiger - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 this is the link from frankierays post even though it says file version 9.29 if your already running directx 11 it will not downgrade it but will in fact put the missing .dll file that is needed to make the game load.

Did that and still game freezes at the book. This is just another way PWE shows how much they are concerned with the player base.

In case you're too dumb to understand what I am really saying, I'll clarify for you. They apparently do NOT care about their player base.
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2012

My problem was that I couldn't see myself, other players or npcs, not even genies. I did this and the problem was fixed.

Thanks! b:thanks
  • ihelpotherss
    ihelpotherss Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    thanks this help!!!! but uhh i got no connection on pwi now -.- sigh i don't think that's related but yeah can anyone help?
  • risuhana
    risuhana Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I tried it out to fix my missing mouse pointer issue.
    Did not work.
  • LadyAvalina - Archosaur
    LadyAvalina - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I downloaded this... Like it said. rebooted. did not work..... RE downloaded the whole game then the updates and then FAIL. says same thing. Downloaded a different directx. no go either. What do i do?
    Ava
  • R_I_O - Lost City
    R_I_O - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i got same problem with that fail entering game....any knows how to fix it ????
  • Selenemoon - Raging Tide
    Selenemoon - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This really helped me figure out the problem quickly and easily. Thanks for posting this =)
  • theexterminator
    theexterminator Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i tried and tried to download the links by i keep getting a message saying this:

xactengine2_1.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.....

i have tried and tired but it wont download at all i got DirectX 11.... but it wont let me download 9.0/9.0c
    just a f.y.i. DirectX9.0 was meant for Windows XP so a lot of people are gonna have trouble
    same with DirectX10 is for Vista
    DirectX is for Vista and W7...
    please help me i can see my daggers and names above people and that is all ...what can be done about this??
  • AmutoForever - Heavens Tear
    AmutoForever - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    GUYS!!! I DID ALL OF THAT BEFORE I READ THIS... but, it still doesn't work :'( Help?

So i went on and downloaded Descant. Then i was about to click start when it showed the You must download DirectX 9.0c. So i downloaded it and exited everything. BUT IT STILL DOES NOT WORK. DO you need to put the DirectX 9.0c in a certain file??
  • AmutoForever - Heavens Tear
    AmutoForever - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I downloaded this... Like it said. rebooted. did not work..... RE downloaded the whole game then the updates and then FAIL. says same thing. Downloaded a different directx. no go either. What do i do?
    Ava

OMGSH SAME THING :O!!!!! IM SO SAD 'CAUSE I LOVE PERFECT WORLD. AND MY FRIENDS D: AND THEY'RE GONNA WONDER WHERE I WENT O.O I HOPE b:shocked
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thanks. I finally got mines to work. I still can't get online at the moment. (Due to my current location...not the recent expansion), but at least the update has been successfully installed on my computer. :D
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • NightSage - Lost City
    NightSage - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i re downloaded the whole game completely and downloaded the Directx9 for windows and the little patch to download the DX9 doesn't pop up anymore but when ever i press start or launch everything just freezes and it doesn't start the game. what do i need to do? i followed all the steps.. someone please help =[
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Anyone know if there is a way to get around this without reinstalling directx? My windows laptop has a limited user profile and wont let me instal anything on it (because technically its a university one b:shutup) so I've been running the game off an external USB drive. The laptop has the latest directx installed so in theory should just run it... b:cry