• xxxslackerxxx
    xxxslackerxxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    howd u get it to work?
  • pradany
    pradany Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    neubee wrote: »
    After updating patcher.com, download dxwebsetup from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

Takes about 5-10 minutes to download. Then do a complete reboot.

Open game and enjoy.

E'nuff said!

(pssst ... gimme a job)

Thank youuuuuuuuu b: Kiss
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Do not reinstall the game if you are having DirectX issues and cannot see the characters. That's a waste of time.

Installing DirectX 9 won't downgrade you if you already have DirectX 11 installed, it will just install the missing files that PWI needs.

If you don't want to use the DirectX 9c web installer link (here), you can get the DirectX 9c offline installer from here (95.7 MB).

If you are having other problems besides being unable to see your characters or getting DirectX 9 installed, try running a full verify on your client.

Beyond that, please check the Technical Support Zone forum for technical support problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • f04um
    f04um Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    its exactly as everyone else is saying, you need to reinstall directx 9. BUT, the game can not be running when you reinstall. Meaning, client, updater, patcher, any of the above cannot be running. Once the directx is done installing reboot the pc without opening the game. Your problem should be fixed. I wanna stress one more time. Install DirectX without the game running At All, then reboot, (once again without opening the game)

Once you have rebooted completely the game should load correctly.

Cheers!

Can I have the link for the DirectX 9 download? Also, will I need to uninstall DirectX before reinstalling the updated version?