lvl.29 Culti quest chain has been shortened.

MyraKai - Heavens Tear
MyraKai - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
A faction mate and I just noticed this, the required mobs in the quest chain (lvls.21-28) have been cut down so you have to kill less. (Except the 6 drops needed before Farng.)

Well it seems the dev's were listening to people's complains about it all along. It's not really necessary but whatever. /shrug

Thoughts?
Post edited by MyraKai - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The only thing this helps, are players that are to lazy to bother playing the game and instead hyper to 100 and then do the culti, long story short, catering to the players chucking money in their face, surprise surprise.

Oh, also private server players that are on currently up to date servers that still require culti quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Mhm.. I always hated that culti. Though it really made you learn to play your class against all sorts of mobs... .-.

Ah well... All the chars I want to lvl have passed that culti already x'D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I want people to to QQing about every small thing.
    It's seriously no fun anymore if you take away all challenges in the game for the QQers :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MyraKai - Heavens Tear
    MyraKai - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Agreed, Tired of seeing the dev's "fixing" things for the lazy people instead of stuff that actually needs attention. b:surrender
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The only thing this helps, are players that are to lazy to bother playing the game and instead hyper to 100 and then do the culti, long story short, catering to the players chucking money in their face, surprise surprise.

Oh, also private server players that are on currently up to date servers that still require culti quests.
    ^ this. Going through the rest of the 2X quests simultaneously, the old spirit quest from 21-29 was barely noticeable. (aside from certain parts that required one rare Bear A$s)

As it is now, the ones that go through the normal quests as well still has as much to do regardless. You still need to kill lots of Quillhog Enchanters for the Bear A$ses from the Orange Stone quest. You still need to go through a dozen Shanlang Cutlass for the Bear A$s required to do the Plague of God quest. You still need the Bear A$ses from the Duskwraither Archers for the Bloodraged Cadaver quest.

It's unnecessary, IMO. But PWI isn't catering to those of us who actually play through the game any more...

(any reason why it was a good idea to censor "a s s"? How can we incite TVTropes' MMORPG terminology like this?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's not just 2x culti chain; Gold Finder quest for Little Boy Lai now requires just 7 orange stones instead of 15 (happened to have that one completed but not turned in on a low level alt.)

It makes some sense, as with all the earthguard 2x quests added on to all the Archosaur quests it was virtually impossible to do every available quest without out-leveling some.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • _Kayno - Sanctuary
    _Kayno - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    oh thank gudness. It was nice gettin my charaters exposed to all those mobs but man after a while was annoying now im happy my next seeker doesnt have to go through yaaaaay yay yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay yay yaaaaaaay bye
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    What. >_>

Alright, which mob portions were removed? And are there still quests to kill those mobs at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    No mob portions were removed, as far as I know; the number of kills needed were cut down. For instance, Tomb Robbers was cut down from 15 each ossein merchants and skeleranc artisans to 5 each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Tired of seeing the dev's "fixing" things for the lazy people instead of stuff that actually needs attention. b:surrender

+1

Changing this quest line was completely unnecessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Anyxiana - Heavens Tear
    Anyxiana - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There will always be lazy players in every game. Shorter or longer culti wont make a difference. However to stop that lame power lvl that adds more fail players to the game, it would be simple. Just put a lvl cap (80 or 85) to be able to enter FF... and bye bye power lvl b:laugh
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Having done this quest multiple times, before there was fish, after there was fish, and after there was EGs:

THANK YOU PW.

I've always hated this quest line, and was one of the big "Just stick it out, the 20s have always sucked" convos to new players.

I may actually level a cleric now. I kid you not, this quest is why I was avoiding making a cleric. (I was planning to level it the old fashioned way as much as possible)
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Its good thing those quests were very boring with a **** low drop rate for its was stupid...

Ppl always QQ good or bad and you are QQing for something you already done pls....
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    There will always be lazy players in every game. Shorter or longer culti wont make a difference. However to stop that lame power lvl that adds more fail players to the game, it would be simple. Just put a lvl cap (80 or 85) to be able to enter FF... and bye bye power lvl b:laugh

Should be 75... you get quests in there at 75, and the instance is totally doable with an all sub-85 squad except for NPC interactions... a while back, did a faction run with all sub-85s, some sub-80, swapping in a 85+ alt for opening, and the two NPCs that need an 85+ to proceed (the one to summon second boss, and the one to summon heads) and did everything except Holeen, and that just because we ran out of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GaurdianMira - Archosaur
    GaurdianMira - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I didn't ever really care how many mobs I had to kill for that quest, it was just annoying to be forced to=> go kill x mobs WAY OVER THERE, run back to Arch, go kill more of y mobs WAY OVER THERE, run back to Arch, go kill z mobs WAY OVER THERE, ad nauseaum. I play caster classes for f's sake they're not built for speed.
    b:cryb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    No mob portions were removed, as far as I know; the number of kills needed were cut down. For instance, Tomb Robbers was cut down from 15 each ossein merchants and skeleranc artisans to 5 each.
    Oh. Well that's not quite as bad, I suppose, but still.

I'm sorry, but if you can't even get through the 29 culti without raging about your boredom, just do us all a favor and uninstall. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    I was either very lucky with the Bloodjade Grail, Core Soulgem and Cyan Wand, or they increased the drop rate for those... two I got on first kill, the other within 3 or 4... might also have been on the first kill, didn't notice when it completed due to distractions.

You still have to kill 2 each dryads and adalwolfs on the way to Psychic Seer the first time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Oh. Well that's not quite as bad, I suppose, but still.

I'm sorry, but if you can't even get through the 29 culti without raging about your boredom, just do us all a favor and uninstall. >_>

Miugre, it's just tedious for the 10th GD time. I've old schooled it, and new schooled it. Compared to others - It's abnormally long, and the mobs are annoying cause they're mixed in with other mobs you don't need. It's also not interesting at all.

There is about 3 other quests and every 20x3 I hate, and luckily I'm not forced to do them nowadays for exp.

I still hate going to FB/BH79, even with the doors removed. Place is way more annoying than SoT or Abba due to the runners, poison mobs, how to pull it, bleh. FB/BH39 has also lost its "fun factor" having had done it 8 million times as well and it being too long of a truck through.
  • cheesecan
    cheesecan Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    LMAO!!!! Wow like it was so hard to kill some mobs. b:chuckle

I agree with some people's statements that they need to focus on other things..such as major lag issues that we ALL experience at least 1 log per day from what i've seen. Just one example of a real issue.

Any others?

*Edit: also i've been rubber banding a lot in Morai. Lame*
    If you CAN'T, Cheese CAN!!!
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Miugre, it's just tedious for the 10th GD time. I've old schooled it, and new schooled it. Compared to others - It's abnormally long, and the mobs are annoying cause they're mixed in with other mobs you don't need. It's also not interesting at all.

There is about 3 other quests and every 20x3 I hate, and luckily I'm not forced to do them nowadays for exp.

I still hate going to FB/BH79, even with the doors removed. Place is way more annoying than SoT or Abba due to the runners, poison mobs, how to pull it, bleh. FB/BH39 has also lost its "fun factor" having had done it 8 million times as well and it being too long of a truck through.
    So quit.

Seriously. If you don't feel like putting the time into your character to do quests and BHs, then you don't deserve the character. I'm sorry, I'm usually not this blunt, but I hate it when people complain about the supposed tedium of questing. That's the game we're here for, people.

And idk what you're talking about regarding BH79. That is easily the simplest, easiest BH out of all of them. Unless you don't wine it, but if that's the case, you have no one to blame but yourself for the supposed tedium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Tauroc Pendants got reduced from 15 to 7, and took just 7 kills (used to be 50% drop rate according to pwdatabase, which hasn't imported the new data yet.) Torgirn Pendants are also reduced from 15 to 7.
    I didn't ever really care how many mobs I had to kill for that quest, it was just annoying to be forced to=> go kill x mobs WAY OVER THERE, run back to Arch, go kill more of y mobs WAY OVER THERE, run back to Arch, go kill z mobs WAY OVER THERE, ad nauseaum. I play caster classes for f's sake they're not built for speed.

Then you're still going to hate it just as much. I've only done since the step with Charr and the mobs around him since the new expansion, up to picking up the Torgirn Pendant step, but don't see any steps removed, just kill requirements reduced/possibly drop rates on quest drops increased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    So quit.

Seriously. If you don't feel like putting the time into your character to do quests and BHs, then you don't deserve the character. I'm sorry, I'm usually not this blunt, but I hate it when people complain about the supposed tedium of questing. That's the game we're here for, people.

And idk what you're talking about regarding BH79. That is easily the simplest, easiest BH out of all of them. Unless you don't wine it, but if that's the case, you have no one to blame but yourself for the supposed tedium.

You're a weird guy Miugre. Weird guy.
  • Kadran - Dreamweaver
    Kadran - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Not wined BH29? b:laugh
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2012

where can i find more information on joining a private server?
  • TiranSkyrage - Heavens Tear
    TiranSkyrage - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    With the level 29 culti shortened doesn't make it a lot better in that the same amount of back and fourths were still required. On the upside many of the random drop quests that many QQ about I noticed were closer to 100% drop per kill. I also noticed this on some other random quests where every kill getting the catapult and note items from the skelaranks netted 100% drop rate and also for the Frostblaze from the shirangs.

I've never been one to care much about this really...as Myra will attest to I spend as much time in fac chat as I do killing mobs indiscriminately in these low level quests just get them done and over with. However, it is curious to see such a drastic ease on some quests that I will be looking out for others that were tinkered with too.
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't see the point of playing this game if you're going to skip 90% of the game by doing FC but I've noticed a majority of games are now pushing power leveling which to me is just lameb:scorn
  • TiranSkyrage - Heavens Tear
    TiranSkyrage - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I mentioned this to my fac mates several days ago and I'll say it again here FragiIe. PWE would rather have all these power levelers than us players that willingly do as many of our quests as we can within our levels simply because many power leveled player spend money on the game. We all know PWE isn't about to turn down a cash grab b:laugh
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    You're a weird guy Miugre. Weird guy.
    Thank you. I try. :P
    Not wined BH29? b:laugh
    29 would certainly be faster, but by Lv90s you all know your characters more so there's less chance of problems on the bosses. That is, assuming you actually bother to DO your own bh29 rather than get it soloed for you like 90% of the population. >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I hate it when people complain about the supposed tedium of questing. That's the game we're here for, people.

I would argue that your last statement is incorrect, and that a large chunk of the population is here for the part of the game that involves TW and PK.

At least, that's the impression I get from everything I've read on the forums.b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lol guess it'll be easier to lvl my lowbie sin alt adn archer alt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her