[Event] V-day Screen Shot Contest Winners Announced!

Comments

• Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i know it failed for me as well but i just kept trying and eventually it worked after 10 tries (each submission)

some more info: i used chrome and i did not clear my cookies and cache
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fallingstars125
    fallingstars125 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hm, same here now. I tried a few times..(15+) and finally it worked..so I guess just keep trying for anyone out there with the same problem. b:surrender
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ok so i uploaded 3 screenshots the same day the event was anounced, the upload was succesful.... and im still waiting them to show in the Fan Content :S
    Hope i dont get discualified again for that :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ok so i uploaded 3 screenshots the same day the event was anounced, the upload was succesful.... and im still waiting them to show in the Fan Content :S
    Hope i dont get discualified again for that :/

It's ok, I just haven't made the entries public yet. Looking at the tool, there are new submissions in there, so the upload is definitely working for some.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    frankiiiieeee is there not a 24/7 event D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's ok, I just haven't made the entries public yet. Looking at the tool, there are new submissions in there, so the upload is definitely working for some.

oh thats good to know, that you actually have an option of making them public or not lol. i wasnt sure if my entries were actually going through or not, or anyone elses for that matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I wish you would, with all of the upload failures, it's incredibly frustrating especially given the short deadline to not know if your submission was a success or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    *unlurks* I thought I smelled a screenie contest!!! =P I had the upload failed issue too, then I reduced the image size and it worked for me.

As always, good luck everyone! :D b:victory I'm hoping to nab a pair of Ancient Gazer's for my partner's archer. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    I wish you would, with all of the upload failures, it's incredibly frustrating especially given the short deadline to not know if your submission was a success or not.

true true ... cause i know i submitted multiples of the same image now lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jfritiz
    jfritiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    *unlurks* I thought I smelled a screenie contest!!! =P I had the upload failed issue too, then I reduced the image size and it worked for me.

As always, good luck everyone! :D b:victory I'm hoping to nab a pair of Ancient Gazer's for my partner's archer. <3

You remember the dimensions you used?

I'm getting the upload failure too, it's so annoying b:sad
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    jfritiz wrote: »
    You remember the dimensions you used?

I'm getting the upload failure too, it's so annoying b:sad
    I reduced my fullscreen pic by 75%, from 1435 x 838 to 1076 x 628 and it worked fine after that. The original's file size was way under the limit listed on the upload page, so I don't think it was the file size, but the actual images dimensions.

=) Tell me if it works!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • K/p - Harshlands
    K/p - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I reduced my fullscreen pic by 75%, from 1435 x 838 to 1076 x 628 and it worked fine after that. The original's file size was way under the limit listed on the upload page, so I don't think it was the file size, but the actual images dimensions.

=) Tell me if it works!

Didn't work, I even went as far as 800x446

Cleared my cewkies/cache, used different browsers, tried to submit multiple times... it just won't accept them lol

I hope it gets fixed soon for everyone b:chuckle
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Didn't work, I even went as far as 800x446

Cleared my cewkies/cache, used different browsers, tried to submit multiple times... it just won't accept them lol

I hope it gets fixed soon for everyone b:chuckle
    Are you saving as a .jpg? XD Silly question I know, but a friend of mine had this problem, tried to upload them right from his screenie folder. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• K/p - Harshlands
    K/p - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Are you saving as a .jpg? XD Silly question I know, but a friend of mine had this problem, tried to upload them right from his screenie folder. b:chuckle

Yea, they are .jpg, below 5mb et etc. b:victory

Was your friend able to upload them after converting to .jpg?
  • Meimeixo - Heavens Tear
    Meimeixo - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I can't uploaaaad b:cry I tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE D: Cleared cookies/cache and everything :< Halppp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    well if any of you guys have a smartphone w/ a data plan (so it has a different IP adress), thats another way that i uploaded some of my images lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Mine had to be below 1mb to upload, so it's possible the "5mb limit" is a typo. Other than that I don't know what else to do. I just used chrome and I saved my .jpg in photoshop.

Happy Valentines Day everyone :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• senshitiger
    senshitiger Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I tried using IE after Safari didn't work. It said ''Thanks for uploading, might take up to 48 hours to be reviewed.'' or something close to this. I noticed I can't find any SS from the valentine's day contest, neither in SS nor in Contests. Mine isn't there either.

Is it my browser or is everyone seeing the same?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I tried using IE after Safari didn't work. It said ''Thanks for uploading, might take up to 48 hours to be reviewed.'' or something close to this. I noticed I can't find any SS from the valentine's day contest, neither in SS nor in Contests. Mine isn't there either.

Is it my browser or is everyone seeing the same?

Go back a page, Frankie already explained he isn't making them public yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I got jpegs under 1mb each, and it still tells me upload failed. Tried FF, IE won't even let me select a file ~_~

Edit: Nvm, it worked after running cc cleaner over my system lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Glad to hear that b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    it might also be limited by IP address or time between uploads, but i dont know for sure. all i know is that when i tried uploading it on my hubbys computer it also wouldnt work, but from my phones network it did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chirokee - Archosaur
    Chirokee - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    it doesnt work for me either :/
    I deleted Cookies and Cache, tried different Browser and tried to upload it several times...
    nothing works D:
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I like how the "all info can be found here" implies there's actually information on the event aside from a start time. Seriously, PW, pull your head out of your bum and try giving some -real- details on an event for once. This is exactly why I usually just end up skipping them.
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I can't submit!! b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I can't submit either! Can the contest be extended for a few days so people like us can upload it? Or can we just post links to the pictures in this thread?
    I've been waiting for this contest for soooo long. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • nickzinn
    nickzinn Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey guys,

We're running a Valentine's Day Event and Screen shot contest; all info can be found here:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=460731

See you there, and good luck!

yeah i see all the post but dont show how we do for send photos to participe :S have any email? or topic to send pics? thanks!
  • Iraeala - Harshlands
    Iraeala - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I've tried multiple times now and my image keeps failing to upload.

It is far under the limit, in JPEG format, and Under 1k pixels. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. b:sad
  • Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
    Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    yeah this is frustrating...... -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
  • Onity - Heavens Tear
    Onity - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Been trying to submit for nearly 3 hours now. :( Not working and I doubt that hundreds of others are uploading at the same time as me, lol. It just seems a bit unfair to close the contest tomorrow when not all of us can upload. b:cryb:cryb:cry