PvP kills on rankings page disabled temporarily. Update 1-30: Rankings are back up!

Options

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Is the counter up to? I wasnt ranked on lc wizzys before it was down but I am now.

I was told that the counter has been up to date for a couple months now; did you do any pvp between when you weren't ranked and now?
  • Carray - Sanctuary
    Carray - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Good news, Harshlands pvp rankings are back up b:victory

Also, Seekers/Mystics/Lothranis/Momaganon have all been added and are now being displayed correctly.

Thank you for you patience, everyone :)

I don't think that pvp kills are correct for earthguards except the first few. There are seekers or mystics on pvp and pve servers who have more kills. No seeker from another server than euro server from rank 14. Mystics even from rank 6 on. And no earthguard in the ranking from both LC and Harshlands.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I would like to formally apologize for crashing Harshlands rankings with my massive PVP count. My apologies. b:cool.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Chaialyna - Dreamweaver
    Chaialyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Assuming one is unlikely to be in the rankings, where would the counter be? It used tobe on the Core Connect wall but it's not there any more.
    * Celestial Demon Archer * Celestial Sage Psychic * Maybe Sage Assassin * Finally Sage Wizard *
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't think that pvp kills are correct for earthguards except the first few. There are seekers or mystics on pvp and pve servers who have more kills. No seeker from another server than euro server from rank 14. Mystics even from rank 6 on. And no earthguard in the ranking from both LC and Harshlands.

this i am pretty sure i am up to 7k kills as i kill a daily of 100 ppl unless 1shotting other rank9s dont count b:surrender
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Arihna - Harshlands
    Arihna - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sorry for out of topic but anyone can explain me what means Kill/Death ratio ?
    'Fail' expression is used by brainless gamers only : they think they are aware, but they are true monkeys.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sorry for out of topic but anyone can explain me what means Kill/Death ratio ?

Number of kills you have per death, is about as simple as I can put it.

Example: If you kill 20 people and are killed twice, you'd have a Kill/Death ratio of 10.0. If you killed 20 people but got killed 200 times, you'd have a kill/death ratio of 0.1.

Since this ratio is affected by TW, anyone who plays a more support role (or pulls catas) is likely to have a lower kill/death ratio than those who have a more offensive role since.. well... when you're pulling a cata or healing the cata barbs, you tend to get attacked fairly often and rarely, if ever, are you fighting back since your faction is supposed to cover for you.
  • Arihna - Harshlands
    Arihna - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Number of kills you have per death, is about as simple as I can put it.

Example: If you kill 20 people and are killed twice, you'd have a Kill/Death ratio of 10.0. If you killed 20 people but got killed 200 times, you'd have a kill/death ratio of 0.1.

Since this ratio is affected by TW, anyone who plays a more support role (or pulls catas) is likely to have a lower kill/death ratio than those who have a more offensive role since.. well... when you're pulling a cata or healing the cata barbs, you tend to get attacked fairly often and rarely, if ever, are you fighting back since your faction is supposed to cover for you.

Ty...

So that means longknife got killed more than 13k times.
    U re right to apologize, longknife, but u didnt give the true reason.
    'Fail' expression is used by brainless gamers only : they think they are aware, but they are true monkeys.
  • SaIt - Lost City
    SaIt - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    this i am pretty sure i am up to 7k kills as i kill a daily of 100 ppl unless 1shotting other rank9s dont count b:surrender

Nniotora does not kill 100 people a day.

I call fibs. >:
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So will individual kill counts ever come back to core connect?

It was the only reason I ever went to that page.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • RichCyphr - Heavens Tear
    RichCyphr - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    How about Seeker kills for the rest of the servers?

b:kiss
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So will individual kill counts ever come back to core connect?

It was the only reason I ever went to that page.

I doubt they will. They still have not corrected the display on the rankings pages for all servers.
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Rankings are down QQ ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    why arent more barbs listed? there's tons of sins listed >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Digitalbleh - Sanctuary
    Digitalbleh - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    sanc rankings havernt updated in about a month now.
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    What about kill being displayed on the Core Connect pages?
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    As it doesnt look like individual PvP kills will ever return to core connect. Is there a way to find out how many kills I have. When I check the rankings it seems only to show people with 1000 kills or more and i know im well off that.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • MiIlky - Lost City
    MiIlky - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Are the rankings broken again? They dont seem to ever update...
  • udancenow
    udancenow Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If anyone need to say sorry ,its the player killers the only pwi need to sorry for is not closing that door sooner that all.The player killer wanted easy kills on players that all to it. And it cost pwi new player because of them.
  • greenglare
    greenglare Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    every time something big,something new is put in this glitch happens.A patch that redirects the problem to the frosen river would be a poedic solution to the problem in the future.There is no quests there,good place to cool there heads.
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    udancenow wrote: »
    If anyone need to say sorry ,its the player killers the only pwi need to sorry for is not closing that door sooner that all.The player killer wanted easy kills on players that all to it. And it cost pwi new player because of them.
    greenglare wrote: »
    every time something big,something new is put in this glitch happens.A patch that redirects the problem to the frosen river would be a poedic solution to the problem in the future.There is no quests there,good place to cool there heads.

b:questionb:faintb:puzzledb:worried
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    udancenow wrote: »

lolwut?
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Paolo_Silver - Sanctuary
    Paolo_Silver - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Question:Why is this still stickied?
  • Dajarum - Lost City
    Dajarum - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have a better question, why are the rankings still not working...ijs
  • Naychur - Harshlands
    Naychur - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Perfect World Vendetta. Go ;D
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So, rankings still broken I'm imagining. Combined with PK-count still inactive on everyone's core connect. PWE seems to break everything they touch, then fix it 2 years later, and break it again.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Question:Why is this still stickied?

because its actually NOT fixed. if it were, there would be more than 8 barbs listed on dreamweaver pk counts. some of the barbs listed there dont even play anymore so i find it hard to believe they are still ranked where they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Almost a year now and still not fixed. Good example of how well PWI handles the things they do have control of?
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    How is it possible that you cant even keep rankings working properly? How sad is this? Your level rankings is all messed up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    They need to make an anniversary for this thread. Mine haven't updated in 3 months lol.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI