PvP kills on rankings page disabled temporarily. Update 1-30: Rankings are back up!

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Hey all,

As you may know, our systems have had some issues accurately recording PvP Kills for some time.

Due to some new server infrastructure being needed, we have to temporarily disable the recording of PvP Kills as well as Kill/Death Ratio on the PWI Rankings page.

This will also affect your kill count in CORE Connect.

They will be disabled for a fair length of time - One to two months, so we apologize for the inconvenience and we'll be working to get them back up :)

Update (12-8-2011)

PvP Rankings are back up and good to go. We've added Momaganon and Lothranis servers to the mix, and although their TW Win totals aren't showing yet, we are currently working on it.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for taking longer than originally anticipated.

Update (12-15-2011)

Harshland PvP stats are not showing currently either. Our engineers are on the case and they'll have it fixed as soon as they can.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Update 1-30-2012

Good news, Harshlands pvp rankings are back up b:victory

Also, Seekers/Mystics/Lothranis/Momaganon have all been added and are now being displayed correctly.

Thank you for you patience, everyone :)
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• mmmcoffee
    mmmcoffee Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    *anticipating lots of QQing*
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

As you may know, our systems have had some issues accurately recording PvP Kills for some time.

Due to some new server infrastructure being needed, we have to temporarily disable the recording of PvP Kills as well as Kill/Death Ratio on the PWI Rankings page.

They will be disabled for a fair length of time -
    One to two months, so we apologize for the inconvenience and we'll be working to get them back up :)
    +
    mmmcoffee wrote: »
    *anticipating lots of QQing*

=
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What are you going to do? Make them WORK? b:shocked

Maybe even confirm what adds to it and what does not?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    *shrug*

We're not exactly losing anything of value here. So... yeah. Maybe if core worked more than half the time, people (aside from ones who equate PK kills to e-peen/those who can use kill count as a basis for PvP experience) would care more.
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

You really mean disable "recording"? That means all the kills will not be counted from now on?

b:bye
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    was this in response to my thread about this very issue? lol
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

They dont read these forums. b:bye
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ''for some time'' b:chuckle

Oh well, it's better than nothing. It would be ideal if PK kills would just show up in the character menu, though. Maybe it could even show your kills when other people are viewing your gear, then it would at least mean something.

If it's possible to record PK kills externally, then it shouldn't be that hard for the devs to implement, right? b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ''for some time'' b:chuckle

Like other pwe game calculator.
    Like every pwe forum options.
    Like....
    b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I would assume (taking liberty to do so, of course) that PvP kills will still be recorded by the game. However, the server which hosts the numbers from those kills will be down, meaning that they won't show up here on the site.

I could be wrong, but that's the vibe I'm getting.b:shutup
  • Zgod - Lost City
    Zgod - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    means while I'm out pwning lvl 3x's it won't count. I wanna see how much noobs I kill. Cause isn't that what every1 does anyways.... >.> well every sin anyways can't tell u how much lvl 70-80 sins who try to kill me I just lol and watch them hit 50s b:chuckle
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Audible gasp!

How will unsolicited PKers justify their e-peens now? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Audible gasp!

How will unsolicited PKers justify their e-peens now? D:

Can always just send a ticket to get the number, like I did before they revamped the ranking page with individual classes. Oh wait, I see what you did there... b:chuckle
    means while I'm out pwning lvl 3x's it won't count. I wanna see how much noobs I kill. Cause isn't that what every1 does anyways.... >.> well every sin anyways can't tell u how much lvl 70-80 sins who try to kill me I just lol and watch them hit 50s b:chuckle

I am assuming you mean an alt because killing 3x's isn't going to count for you at 102 :p
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • lordbakura
    lordbakura Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    heartb:heartb:cryb:surrenderb:angryb
    Hey all,

They will be disabled for a fair length of time - One to two months, so we apologize for the inconvenience and we'll be working to get them back up :)
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

I hope you're doing a lot more then that on the rankings/core connect pages. I see you reset all the earthguards on core connect because mine wasn't showing up on my main screen to toggle too. I then had to re-add it as my alt and it actually displayed the picture and class now. You still have a lot to fix on the rankings pages. They haven't updated in weeks and earthguards still don't show up (some do on overall but you can see it's blank where the class should be). Well, I guess this is a start (I hope).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

Not too shocking. Because of this, I decided to bookmark this thread, so I can bump it pretty regularly. I'm expecting it to be unsticked and a "cover-up" to take place. We'll see if I'm right.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dear Frankieraye,

Why does everything related to PWE always end up broken and in the process of fixing?
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dear Frankieraye,

Why does everything related to PWE always end up broken and in the process of fixing?

Because the things in question don't work to start with, and when people mention that at feature launch, it's ignored? :P
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    so kill count is not gone forever!? it's good good news!! yay! b:victoryb:cute
    edited August 2011
    Options
    so kill count is gone forever!? it's good good news!! yay! b:victoryb:cute

Fixed b:nosebleed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What?! Disabled!?

What fun is playing the game and having fun if my e-peen can't be measured by a number that fails to mention how many of my kills were earned by holy pathing out of safe zone, quickly picking off weakened players and then holy pathing back?!

This game sucks now! b:cry
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Olessia - Lost City
    Olessia - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What?! Disabled!?

What fun is playing the game and having fun if my e-peen can't be measured by a number that fails to mention how many of my kills were earned by holy pathing out of safe zone, quickly picking off weakened players and then holy pathing back?!

This game sucks now! b:cry

b:flower LOL. b:flower
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Idea stolen from Negreiros - Sanctuary, sorry! b:surrender
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wasnt there more achievements on the achievements page too?? "Houston, sh*t has hit the fan..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • Woundedknee - Heavens Tear
    Woundedknee - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Who cares?? Is seeing ones name at the top of a list realy so fulfilling?

If so follow these simple steps and revel in your glory until the end of time.

1. Copy and paste below list
    2. Add your name to the top
    3. Print..
    4. Pin on wall for all to see

PWI PvP rankings list

1. <----inset yur name here
    2. Snotbubbles
    3. Catvomit
    4. ChuckNourish
    5. Donthaveacow
    6. TurdBurgler
    7. Thunderpuss
    8. ListLooker
    9. ThereIsNoGod
    10. OnlyTheDevil

• Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So, does that mean if I stop killing the lovely crappy geared players it wont be recorded anymore? My world is near the end, noes!!!!!! b:cryb:cry
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Mkey - Momaganon
    Mkey - Momaganon Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    something new that doesnt work and that needs a year or more for fix
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

If so follow these simple steps and revel in your glory until the end of time.

1. Copy and paste below list
    2. Add your name to the top
    3. Print..
    4. Pin on wall for all to see

PWI PvP rankings list

1. <----inset yur name here
    2. Snotbubbles
    3. Catvomit
    4. ChuckNourish
    5. Donthaveacow
    6. TurdBurgler
    7. Thunderpuss
    8. ListLooker
    9. ThereIsNoGod
    10. OnlyTheDevil

no, its not just letters. it must be real numbers, real rankings. its all about glory and honor to kill moar (whatever, alts, noobs, catshops, sometimes even mains maybe) than anybody else. glory and honor, you know...
  • Waterscyth - Harshlands
    Waterscyth - Harshlands Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

It's funny cause i posted about this about 2 hours before you did, i think it's in response to MY threadb:victoryb:victory
    Once there was an Assassin... He killed everyone. The End...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Harshlands actually has a guild that ganks with r9 +12s who spam IGs for the sake of having a kick *** KPD ratio.

So yeah, apparently it is important.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • HotHotShot - Heavens Tear
    HotHotShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They will be disabled for a fair length of time - One to two months,

This means it'll be back up next year...
    so we apologize for the inconvenience and we'll be working to get them back up :)

Since when do pwi actually apologize for anything.

And when the hell did pwi actually decide to start fixing things? Hell the Token shop aint finished, Charge Rewards has no items nor does it even equate the amount charged properly and Core Connect is so fail lol.

On the plus side Thank You for actually fixing the Facebook Connect (blessing page,) I guess it may have been 6 weeks after it was supposed to be fixed the first time but hey better late than never I guess.