new player

elijahskorup
elijahskorup Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
yes sadly i have noticed jd is shutting down although i would enjoy remaining there i require a place more populated im thinking of starting a blademaster class so far as my ss has way to weak ap for a mage to do anything for grinding etc in the previous game, so any suggestions of servers that i should join and guilds or i think ive heard it being called a faction in this game b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by elijahskorup on

Comments

• Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    /inb4stayawayifyoudonthavemoneyortoomuchtime.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    /inb4stayawayifyoudonthavemoneyortoomuchtime.

He's coming from JD, it's not like he isn't familiar with PWE business b:laugh
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    He's coming from JD, it's not like he isn't familiar with PWE business b:laugh

I doubt JD is as broken as PWI b:laugh
    Haven't played it tho so i couldn't tell.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • elijahskorup
    edited February 2012
    yeh its annoying no proper support within the game so most people quit :( but this game does have good pvp and i wish that i could stay there with my friends although the truth is everyone is gonna leave soon b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    yeh its annoying no proper support within the game so most people quit :( but this game does have good pvp and i wish that i could stay there with my friends although the truth is everyone is gonna leave soon b:sad

there is no support here either and it is true if you don't have money you will want to stay away end game gear is in the cash shop....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • elijahskorup
    edited February 2012
    actually in the other game i was able to do quite well without cs just saving a lot anyway this message is for a good server and a faction to join maybe silvys because im here for the fun mostly the pvp is just an end game part b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thing is people require high grade gear + high refines to even farm pve -.-; its all about aps + refines anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Just play PW after a few week or month then come back here and tell us about your story in PW. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Let's put it this way.

You need at least some of these if you wanna get anywhere near good in this game(No need to have all,just at least one):

- Tons of free time
    - Tons of patience
    - Lots of good friends that can help you farming
    - Being smart enough to merchant and/or finding the most original way to gain money
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I recommend staying away from this game. But if you are gonna play, roll a char on LC, then charge $1000 and cash out level 100, R8, level 11 skills, and +10 refines, you'll be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lol JD next on the chopping block?

PW should be scare.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ayida_ - Heavens Tear
    Ayida_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Come to Heavens Tear. Maybe not the best server but really, they are pretty much the same anymore. Play the game for the fun of it and don't worry about being the best or having to get ahead.

I've been here for 3 years and have never farmed a instance or went into PvP. Still have plenty of fun.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Is it just me or am I not seeing the piece of news that says JD will be shutting down...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Is it just me or am I not seeing the piece of news that says JD will be shutting down...?

I don't see it either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    yes sadly i have noticed jd is shutting down although i would enjoy remaining there i require a place more populated im thinking of starting a blademaster class so far as my ss has way to weak ap for a mage to do anything for grinding etc in the previous game, so any suggestions of servers that i should join and guilds or i think ive heard it being called a faction in this game b:laugh

Come to Sanc server, People are friendly enough. Factions that are just looking to have fun and make friends and are not gear focused. If you are trying to avoid the whines and complaints I don't think thats possible but I would suggest avoiding pvp's as they seem to harbor the most.

You don't need money to play and have fun as you said you've found out yourself in JD.

PW is a good game and there are some really good people who play the game. You should do yourself a favor and try playing it and form your own opinion before listening or asking for reviews from the jaded.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lol JD next on the chopping block?

PW should be scare.

Either that or, maybe they can now shift their main focus back to PW =\

I've always figured PW was getting set on the back burner while they worried about their 'new' games. Hope they all die; so that PW can be their ONLY focus b:surrender
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Guys... guys... I don't see any news on jd shutting down...

If anything, they're hosting events and sales and such.

Link to this news that jd is shutting down or else it's not happening. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Guys... guys... I don't see any news on jd shutting down...

If anything, they're hosting events and sales and such.

Link to this news that jd is shutting down or else it's not happening. b:lipcurl

I think he is just making the comment like people do about PW, you know the whole, "PWI is dead!!". I think it's safe to say he wasn't being litteral.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    I think he is just making the comment like people do about PW, you know the whole, "PWI is dead!!". I think it's safe to say he wasn't being litteral.

But there's a difference between "jd is dead" and "jd is shutting down".
    The former is usually exaggeration, the latter is usually literal.

That's just weird to word it that way... It's not something that is sarcastic in nature, usually it means it will happen soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Number 1 difference between JD and PWI: NO BOT IN PWI!

Beyond that it is pretty much the same, people buying power lvl so a lot of idiots and hypernoobs....

So yeah...if you are already used to how well PWE will bend you over the chair and not bother to put in the lube, then welcome to PWI. If you are not used to it, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiare - Lost City
    Tiare - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If you are not used to it, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

loled b:cute

someone should have told me before the tide expansion b:surrender hm no guess i wouldn't have believed it back then
    b:bye
  • awatar
    awatar Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I would recommend Lothranis server. But think twice, what is your timezone, what server times suits you the best.
  • elijahskorup
    edited February 2012
    yes it is true that jd is more so dead then shutdown atm but its not enjoyable anyway its either sanc or heavens tear server ideas?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hm, last time i am playing at JD it was empty (about 6 month ago) so it has become more empty now... b:surrender

Heaven Tear said to have more population before, but that was long time ago. Looking at current meta game.. i have no clue which server is more populated. b:chuckle It possible to see many character but most of them are alt of experienced player. There also possibility that pvp server - Lost city - are the most populated because cash shop user and hardcore players actively PK each other there.

This day almost every player are LV 100 with gears that have power around R8 or higher... the rest are playing slowly or farming and merchanting to match cs user and hardcore players. This game are only feel annoying if you " play to win " or defeating other player in fair game. But the social part of this game are kind dead as well.

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • elijahskorup
    edited February 2012
    i never did consider my time zone but within south australian time zone im on at around 5-12pm any conversions to a good server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So yeah...if you are already used to how well PWE will bend you over the chair and not bother to put in the lube, then welcome to PWI. If you are not used to it, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

I'll just say, if you know how PWE operates, why in the hell would you go to another one of their games?

b:sweat
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • elijahskorup
    edited February 2012
    too hard to decide on a server x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    If you come to sanc i'll run you through your first 3 FBs
  • TheRedLion - Heavens Tear
    TheRedLion - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'll just say, if you know how PWE operates, why in the hell would you go to another one of their games?

b:sweat

So true...
    too hard to decide on a server x.x

Well if your within the south australian time zone my best guess would be a west coast server (which Heaven's Tear is) I recommend that unless you really want to PvP and money is no obstacle, in that case I'd say Lost City.

(In my own opinion though Lost City seems pretty dead than it was a while ago [barely any low lvls left that aren't power lvling.] so you might want to try Heaven's Tear.)
    Broken user avatar...again. b:surrender
  • elijahskorup
    edited February 2012
    sorry but fbs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]