Demon Seeker

Options
Crematory - Lost City
Crematory - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Seeker
Hello seekers! I plan to lvl a seeker soon and as far as I know there are not so many demon seekers. Is it so bad? Or the story its like with Sage vs Demon bm's that u must spend a lot of coins to get a good demon seeker? Ofc in bm case the sage version was unapreciated for a while I know that they can be 5.0 now. So what about demon version of the seeker post me some pros, cons comments. Ty (If there was a thread like this sorry bcause didnt found)
Post edited by Crematory - Lost City on

Comments

• Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hello seekers! I plan to lvl a seeker soon and as far as I know there are not so many demon seekers. Is it so bad? Or the story its like with Sage vs Demon bm's that u must spend a lot of coins to get a good demon seeker? Ofc in bm case the sage version was unapreciated for a while I know that they can be 5.0 now. So what about demon version of the seeker post me some pros, cons comments. Ty (If there was a thread like this sorry bcause didnt found)

Seekers have a serious lack of chi gaining abilities is one of the main reasons people go sage, plus some of there skills are must haves for there lack of anti-cc aswell, such as sage unfetter for anti-stun and sage blade affinity for 50% debuff resistant.

Most of there skills are aimed more at chance rate and attack damage increases, which for a typical seeker is much more appealing.

●Parchedblade Dance: Has 5% greater chance to inflict the Bloodlet status.
    ○Parchedblade Dance: Stuns the target for 1 more second when the Bloodlet status is activated

●Stalagstrike: Deals an additional 1500 physical damage.
    ○Stalagstrike: Has a 33% chance to cause the target to bleed for 9 seconds.

●Blade and Sword Mastery: Sage version increases damage by 90%.
    ○Blade and Sword Mastery: Demon version gives a 1% increase to critical hit rate.

●Battousai: Deals an additional 600 points of damage.
    ○Battousai: Recovers 5 extra Chi when cast.

●Ion Spike: Reduces target's Metal Resistance by an additional 5%.
    ○Ion Spike: Reduces target's Metal Resistance for an additional 4 more seconds.

●Heartseeker: Increases the chance to Immobilize target to 90%.
    ○Heartseeker: Increases cast range by 5 meters.

●Gemini Slash: Deals an additional 2000 damage.
    ○Gemini Slash: Has a 33% chance to slow target by 60%.

●Unfetter: This skill also protects you from Stun and Slow effects for 4 seconds.
    ○Unfetter: Dispells negative status effects.

●Blade Affinity: Creates a buff that provides a 50% chance to evade negative status effects for 6 seconds.
    ○Blade Affinity: Reduces cooldown by 10 seconds.

●Adrenal Numbness: Increases Defense Level to 35.
    ○Adrenal Numbness: Increases Accuracy by 10% for 5 minutes.

●Voidstep: Increases Stun duration by 1 second.
    ○Voidstep: Has a 33% chance to be casted without costing Chi.

●Quid Pro Quo: Reduces cooldown by 15 seconds and Silence effect times increased by 2 seconds.
    ○Quid Pro Quo: Also Immobilizes the target for 2 seconds.

●Yataghan Vortex: Cast range increased by 2 meters.
    ○Yataghan Vortex: Each hit has a 15% chance to Stun target for 1 second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    look at my post, i solved my chi problems.
    im sage seeker.
    and sage seeker hits twice as much as demon seekers
    demon seekers have more stuns and hit 25% faster for a few seconds, they have a few extra decent buffs but, all in all,
    in the end, a sage seeker will hit more because of mastery and shatter
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    gallax13th wrote: »
    look at my post, i solved my chi problems.
    im sage seeker.
    and sage seeker hits twice as much as demon seekers
    demon seekers have more stuns and hit 25% faster for a few seconds, they have a few extra decent buffs but, all in all,
    in the end, a sage seeker will hit more because of mastery and shatter

Yet you haven't mentioned that Sage Blade and Sword Mastery is the hardest seeker skill, if not the hardest skill book in general to acquire in-game with an 11.5% chance to get from the hardest farmable pages possible that are also in high demand.

Alot of people make there choices on sage or demon on the skillbooks they know they can afford to get/ farm or acquire, not on every single skill the class has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gallax13th
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i have mastery.

i give money to people, i do bh's for people, i help random strangers, i sell things cheap,
    so why do you incist on trying to break me down?

it seems like you have alot of insecurity issues, and personally, you need to stop making yourself look like an idiot and be happy for someones deeds.

its not like i fcc'd to 96 and cashopped for my gear.

i remember dec 1st-16th i grinded 3900 dq for 39m

ive done my part, so quit crying.
    its just sad...
    and a litttle pathetic...

but thats what you get from a horde of 13 year olds...
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i have mastery.

i give money to people, i do bh's for people, i help random strangers, i sell things cheap,
    so why do you incist on trying to break me down?

it seems like you have alot of insecurity issues, and personally, you need to stop making yourself look like an idiot and be happy for someones deeds.

its not like i fcc'd to 96 and cashopped for my gear.

i remember dec 1st-16th i grinded 3900 dq for 39m

ive done my part, so quit crying.
    its just sad...
    and a litttle pathetic...

but thats what you get from a horde of 13 year olds...

Ive seen your gears which leads me to make me think your just some troll, every server has them unforuntly, even lucky ones.

Still besides the point that you cant make your decision on going sage purely because "herp derp they hit bigger cos dat masterie" when its a small % chance and alot wont get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gallax13th
    edited February 2012
    Options
    and seekers dont have horrible chi abilites...

i can triple spark twice in a row.

and im a troll?
    what the heck do you consider a troll?
    im just giving people advice.

and why dont you get a lv 1 char on sactuary
    ill drop my health to 4.3k

and we'll go fcc.

then ill duel you.

then you can stop picking on people.

jealous jealous jealous...
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    and seekers dont have horrible chi abilites...

i can triple spark twice in a row.

and im a troll?
    what the heck do you consider a troll?
    im just giving people advice.

and why dont you get a lv 1 char on sactuary
    ill drop my health to 4.3k

and we'll go fcc.

then ill duel you.

then you can stop picking on people.

jealous jealous jealous...

Your advice is flawed and set on principles of extreme luck or spending, i try to give rounded advice for both types of player, the casual player who hits 100 and farm r8 over time who cant afford to pay 12m per OBP Book attempt or spend x amount on charms doing endless GV runs, and also the richer people who can.

With over 42k video views on my youtube channel aimed at seeker guides, pve, pvp and farming and countless emails and queries i think im im giving out the right advice for everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yet you haven't mentioned that Sage Blade and Sword Mastery is the hardest seeker skill, if not the hardest skill book in general to acquire in-game with an 11.5% chance to get from the hardest farmable pages possible that are also in high demand.

Alot of people make there choices on sage or demon on the skillbooks they know they can afford to get/ farm or acquire, not on every single skill the class has.

Going by the prices I see in catshops demon Heaven's Flame is the hardest to get skill book.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    Going by the prices I see in catshops demon Heaven's Flame is the hardest to get skill book.

Ever seen Sage blade and sword mastery for sale? if so your lucky because i haven't.

Going on pure statistics here:

○Heaven's Flame: 14.28% chance to gain, no other way to gain it.

●Blade and Sword Mastery: 11.5% chance to gain, no other way to gain it.

Both come from Pages that are equally farmable (Cube of Fate & Credits once aday, Tournament once a week for Pages of Fate, Godless Valley 85+ Delta once aday, Tournament once a week)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    got mine on second try b:victory
    re
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    got mine on second try b:victory

Your also in the rich people category lol and you know it, you've seen my gears too xD the weapon is all i have going for me at the moment.

Don't worry though its now 2nd on my to do list!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ppfftt... I wish richer---Arix on the other hand tried like a dozen times in one sitting b:cry
    re
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Bzzt, Pages of Fate are cheaper and easier to get than Old Book Pages. Demon HF is that expensive because of it's demand and usefulness.

Gallax13th and Hurrdurr are competing for troll of year. We need to get the two of them to troll eachother in the same thread.

Gallax, if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is: I'll make an alt on your server and go with you to FF. I'll even charge 10 bucks of gold, sell it, and give you the coin if you can solo FF like you claim - no BP or buffs outside of your own, no charm, no deaths, and no alts helping. Then we'll go to West Arch or wherever your server PKs, and you can show us your "Mad Skeelz".

Impress us - put your money where your mouth is. Pick a night and time. Cause honestly your advice is typically flawed, your gear is mediocre at best, and your boasts are incredulous.

That, or stop adding **** to the forums dude. It's uncool.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Your also in the rich people category lol and you know it, you've seen my gears too xD the weapon is all i have going for me at the moment.

Don't worry though its now 2nd on my to do list!

I find that if you're doing luck-stuff for other people, you tend to get better chances.

I did OBP skills for my wife and got everything she needed (including mastery).

I put the same amount of money's worth into BM skills and got ****.

My buddy Waya makes me Nirvana pants, and gets me 4 sockets.

Waya makes anything for himself - its always 2 sockets.

So I'd say have someone else try their luck for you/ Get married and make them do it or somethin!
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So I'd say have someone else try their luck for you/ Get married and make them do it or somethin!

was my plan b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Omg Malael, please please invite me to that. lol I wanna fraps it so bad. b:laugh

Yes, I got no business in the seeker forums. I came here to see the troll. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • cevil1
    cevil1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I love these people whining about stuff like vortex, mastery and heaven's flame being rare. I have 2 characters that are 90+, and doing cube twice a day + doing delta twice a day (with my seeker of course) is too damn easy to gain the pages. QQ some more, or rather go and start farming, you lazy noobs :D
  • Andraell - Archosaur
    Andraell - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    <--- I am demon seeker, n i m not weak, Demonic Eruption + Cloud Eruption + OEdgedBlur = BM will run away, sin will cry, barb will be forced to use invoke. b:shocked

<--- 2aps seeker with spark kills 4aps sin with spark b:laugh

<--- 2aps seeker isn't bad to farm TT b:cool

<--- and yes seeker is lack of chi gaining ability, but we have Genie b:victory

<--- n Important thing is, don't judge ppl by of their choice by being Sage or Demon. It is about playing style man b:angry
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    <--- I am demon seeker, n i m not weak, Demonic Eruption + Cloud Eruption + OEdgedBlur = BM will run away, sin will cry, barb will be forced to use invoke.

BM will move away, come back when its done due to demon seeker lack of stuns and less reliable paralize on heartseeker vs sage. -2 sparks & 130 genie energy for seeker

<--- 2aps seeker with spark kills 4aps sin with spark b:laugh

Then they rib strike you.

<--- 2aps seeker isn't bad to farm TT b:cool

People still farm TT?

<--- and yes seeker is lack of chi gaining ability, but we have Genie b:victory

Shame you need to use all your genie energy to build chi and cant use it for offensive or defensive purposes.

<--- n Important thing is, don't judge ppl by of their choice by being Sage or Demon. It is about playing style man b:angry

Fixed. IJS at least have some other decent reasons. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andraell - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options

lol b:shocked
  • Andraell - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options

lol b:laugh

if get hit by rib strike, we can use Quid Pro b:sweat

farm TT just for mirage b:laugh
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There is a Demon Seeker on HT, I can't remember his name for the life of me.

He does have decent skill in PvP it seems - I've watched him do well in group scenarios. But he gets his butt beat 1v1 almost every time - especially against sage seekers.

The sage Seekers 1v1 last longer, and have a chance to survive better it seems.

"Demonic Eruption + Cloud Eruption + OEdgedBlur. BM will run away, sin will cry, barb will be forced to use invoke. " - Stun. You're dead.

I chain stunned a sage seeker for about 45 seconds, yea he was hard to beat down, but he didn't do much at all to me.

A barb can roar and invoke, wait you out, then Stun you, and Arma you. They can also just move and wait you out too, as you just wasted your spark on a static skill.

"2aps seeker with spark kills 4aps sin with spark " - Sins are usually beaten by Seekers if they're dumb. You spark, they stealth. Spark is done, they stun kill you.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol b:laugh

if get hit by rib strike, we can use Quid Pro b:sweat

farm TT just for mirage b:laugh

And then the assassin rib strikes you again because his cooldown is 15 seconds and yours is 60 (because demon QPQ doesn't lower cooldown reduction on the skill UNLIKE sage.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:surrender Andraell Alot of us chose sage before the class was even released, all because we sat here for weeks playing text book DnD basically, against all other classes.
    re
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    this thread has made me feel extremely lucky for landing Mastery so quick. Now if i can just get Vortex .. 7 tries and counting :)
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Does the reduced cooldown of demon Blade Affinity help in PVP? Thats my main demon seeker question.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Does the reduced cooldown of demon Blade Affinity help in PVP? Thats my main demon seeker question.

I tend to find if the target isn't dead in the 45/ 60 seconds of Blade Affinity cooldown, there not going to die. Being a burst damage class rather then sustained damage like wizards its usually the nuke speed from Blade Affinity that gets the kill.

But from a sage point of view, Sage Blade Affinity has saved me so many times its unreal, ive resisted tackling slashes, headhunts, BM AoE Roars, HF's, Ice occults and its allowed me to follow through with the nuke combo without wasting BA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    "Demonic Eruption + Cloud Eruption + OEdgedBlur. BM will run away, sin will cry, barb will be forced to use invoke. " - Stun. You're dead.

A barb can roar and invoke, wait you out, then Stun you, and Arma you. They can also just move and wait you out too, as you just wasted your spark on a static skill.

Hate to burt your bubble but (a) Even when stunned, Edged blur continues to work, thats one of the reasons its a nice skill, and (b) Roar does you no good, as I'm 90% sure demon reflect doesn't work in pvp, and sage reducing magic attack does nothing as edged blur is based on physical attack. Oh, and edged blur is not static as the seeker is free to move and attack while it is working.

Not saying demon seeker is better, cause I went sage and personally think sage wins hands down on almost every skill (shatter debuffs and vortex being the exceptions). Oh, and I got Blade and Sword Mastery twice, sold one on and used the other. Vortex seems much harder to get to me.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hate to burt your bubble but (a) Even when stunned, Edged blur continues to work, thats one of the reasons its a nice skill, and (b) Roar does you no good, as I'm 90% sure demon reflect doesn't work in pvp, and sage reducing magic attack does nothing as edged blur is based on physical attack. Oh, and edged blur is not static as the seeker is free to move and attack while it is working.

Not saying demon seeker is better, cause I went sage and personally think sage wins hands down on almost every skill (shatter debuffs and vortex being the exceptions). Oh, and I got Blade and Sword Mastery twice, sold one on and used the other. Vortex seems much harder to get to me.

I think whats hes trying to say is due to seekers slow movement speed, and demons seekers lack of successful paralyzes or stuns by the time you've finished casting Edged Blur the blademaster could easily dash away out of range and the barb can tiger form invoke or even just run away, leaving you 2 sparks down.

The damage from edged blur is nice but its lack of guaranteed full duration damage is what severely lets it down in PvP and as a level 11 skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thats why Ive practice alot with rewinding gesture- mainly for 1v1 stun locking + edge blur on BMs-

As far as their stun locking- (mainly roar) When I see one coming --no doubt thier first typical responce is to roar- I blade +edge and simply jump in the air--b:laugh

By the time they get on thier lil fly mount to try and get close to APS-- I'm falling back down and somtimes done ticked their charm-
    re