edited January 2012
    Options
    awsome vid shankies _CusreDDDDD b:cute
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Few general tips on videoing :

- Cut out unneeded bits such as when you're TPing in and running back into the action

- anything above x3 is considered too fast. Your video looks to me to be x4 speed at places where there is action

- x1 speed when you're dropping an ulti looks pretty bad since your recorded FPS is low, I recommend you put it on x2 speed throughout the video to make it look smoother

I'm in the situation as you TWing on ~10 FPS, I put mine on x2 speed and more often than not it looks alright when I render and upload it to YouTube.

You can't make a good video without good footage, but editing can make a good video great or a great video dull.
  • _CurseD - Archosaur
    _CurseD - Archosaur Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Few general tips on videoing :

- Cut out unneeded bits such as when you're TPing in and running back into the action

- anything above x3 is considered too fast. Your video looks to me to be x4 speed at places where there is action

- x1 speed when you're dropping an ulti looks pretty bad since your recorded FPS is low, I recommend you put it on x2 speed throughout the video to make it look smoother

I'm in the situation as you TWing on ~10 FPS, I put mine on x2 speed and more often than not it looks alright when I render and upload it to YouTube.

You can't make a good video without good footage, but editing can make a good video great or a great video dull.

thx for the tips ^^. ill work on it next TW hehe. hope its gona be a better vidoe..

this my 1st one and it took me whole day to make that hahaha b:shutup
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I liked the slow down on ultis, just tw videos are boring the little things like that keep me interested. You look like a good wiz I hope you make pvp videos to.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Heh when I started making TW videos a year ago now it took me that long too. Now making a TW video from 3 hour TWs barely takes 3 hours to edit.

@Hard In my wiz's TW videos and upcoming PK video I like to slow down and zoom in on ultis. But the difference between the speed of playback is too great in my opinion. From watching the channeling bar I'd also say your FPS is really too low to play ultis back at x1 speed.
  • _CurseD - Archosaur
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I liked the slow down on ultis, just tw videos are boring the little things like that keep me interested. You look like a good wiz I hope you make pvp videos to.

ill upload some pk videos too. but its mostly team pk in my faction lol. no one else pks in my server lol b:surrender
  • _CurseD - Archosaur
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Heh when I started making TW videos a year ago now it took me that long too. Now making a TW video from 3 hour TWs barely takes 3 hours to edit.

@Hard In my wiz's TW videos and upcoming PK video I like to slow down and zoom in on ultis. But the difference between the speed of playback is too great in my opinion. From watching the channeling bar I'd also say your FPS is really too low to play ultis back at x1 speed.

i just started recording. and on that video i used hypercam. next time i will use fraps. so how much FPS u guys recomend that i use when recording ^?
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My PC isn't very good so I record at 10FPS for TW videos and 15FPS when I'm recording for PK videos using FRAPS.

All my videos are sped up by x2 to x2.5.

I'll send you a link to my channel via PM so you can sample the quality but I do not want to make who I am too obvious to the largely stupid population of PWI forums.
  • ZenGoku - Archosaur
    ZenGoku - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wow Cursed I gotta support you here.b:pleased
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Stop using detect pots.

Alternate your style of getting in the air - dropping to the ground. You could have avoided stuns/deaths by dropping to the ground instead of flying backwards.

The opposing faction seems a bit undergeared compared to what I'm used to now. Saw too many big numbers with just a regular BIDS.
  • MrJenkins - Harshlands
    MrJenkins - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Stop using detect pots.

Alternate your style of getting in the air - dropping to the ground. You could have avoided stuns/deaths by dropping to the ground instead of flying backwards.

The opposing faction seems a bit undergeared compared to what I'm used to now. Saw too many big numbers with just a regular BIDS.

Oh woman hush.

Cursed you were going H.A.M. with Blade Tempest and Black Ice Dragon Strike. I'm still wondering why you didn't cast Mountain Seize alot...........
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Oh woman hush.

Cursed you were going H.A.M. with Blade Tempest and Black Ice Dragon Strike. I'm still wondering why you didn't cast Mountain Seize alot...........

I smack yo ***.

I love how the filters on the forums are different from in game.

A$$
  • MrJenkins - Harshlands
    MrJenkins - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Stop using detect pots.

I smack yo ***.

I love how the filters on the forums are different from in game.

A$$

Before you can even think about doing that, you will forget about it by watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd-Ez9_9CpA
  • _CurseD - Archosaur
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Stop using detect pots.

why should i stop using detec pots o.o i like killing sins b:chuckle

the opposing faction has more r9s than our fac

Oh woman hush.

MS is too long cd to my -chaneling gears. and bids/BT is just enough time to cast it+escape hehe
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Save your apoth time for when you need to be offensive to kill/stun a group of people, or to save youself. Sins are 99% useless in TW and you don't need to kill them unless you're on bind defense and you know they're coming.

I would suggest MS as well because BIDS/BT don't really kill anymore (though with my comment about the sub R9s visible to me, it seems it's opposite for your server, so this may not apply) so the added stun + hailstorm ( could kill if you're lucky) is more efficient most of the time.

It's situational though.
  • _CurseD - Archosaur
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Save your apoth time for when you need to be offensive to kill/stun a group of people, or to save youself.

the detec pots im using is from Theater of blood. it doesnt have the same CD as apoth. it gives me detection from quests.
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    the detec pots im using is from Theater of blood. it doesnt have the same CD as apoth. it gives me detection from quests.

Very nice TW Video, I enjoyed it even if it was a bit too fast moving for me. b:pleased

I am still a noob R9 wiz after 2 years of PWI, still playing to improve.
    As for recording TWs, Windows Movie Maker is what I use cause it's free.
    I will post my TW video this week vs Vicious, a stronger faction that my current faction.
    Your chi as sage is way better than mine, you ultied so many times...b:victory
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • _CurseD - Archosaur
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Very nice TW Video, I enjoyed it even if it was a bit too fast moving for me. b:pleased

I am still a noob R9 wiz after 2 years of PWI, still playing to improve.
    As for recording TWs, Windows Movie Maker is what I use cause it's free.
    I will post my TW video this week vs Vicious, a stronger faction that my current faction.
    Your chi as sage is way better than mine, you ultied so many times...b:victory

ty hehe. looking forward to ur vid b:victory.. im uploading this jan27/29 TW in my server too hehe. its not as good aoe's as my 1st one, but it has better editing. b:laugh
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ty hehe. looking forward to ur vid b:victory.. im uploading this jan27/29 TW in my server too hehe. its not as good aoe's as my 1st one, but it has better editing. b:laugh

You won't.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Options

Ahh I see. Well then that's a giant **** you to sins :)
  • _Nesseh_ - Archosaur
    _Nesseh_ - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Evanss archo server is 10x undergeared than HT server many less r9s like NO PK good Tw tho.. only people that PK are about 20 of the poeple that just PK 15/20 of thos are sins btw HT server is suckish witch it why i moved here tho i should just goto a pvp server this game is boring when you hit 90+ so Pk is the only fun hting to do as it seems and if thats even that funb:sad
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Actually the PK on HT is rather interesting right now. It's infested with sins (like any server) and there's 3 factions that are competitive and can put up a fight in PK. It's really unpredictable right now but lately the winner has been the one with more people to show up, which sucks.
  • jassyluv
    jassyluv Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just an example of what 4-6 thousand USD can do on a dead server....Nothing special.
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    jassyluv

All im gonna say to you is.......................
    b:shutup **** and server aint dead.
    nuff said b:bye
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

the opposing faction has more r9s than our fac

Oversimplification, if true. And I am not sure that it is true by any means, which is why Evan is correct - your full rank 9 +12 weapon bids is hitting for more than hers because the opposing faction is in g12 armor by an large without the defense levels rank 9 gives. But, I don't know that that is entirely true either - I will leave auditing everyones gear to others.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited February 2012
    Options
    jassyluv wrote: »
    Just an example of what 4-6 thousand USD can do on a dead server....Nothing special.

And +1 to this, but is there much else anymore? b:surrender
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I will leave auditing everyones gear to others.

I dont audit- But I do assist in setting up the squads for Ascend-

Each TW we had 6-8 R9 Archers for em to contend with-
    2 of which were full R9- with jades-others were APS build, or partially working on gear-

2-3 R9 seekers, only one even remotely close to fully refined/sharded to withstand his +12 weapon..

and one R9 BM

Considering those classes (which i used as examples since they would normally be focused on robes) were spread thin to compete with their amount of R9 psy,wiz,mystics, clerics...So obviously he wouldn't be under consistant threat, as he would on another server, where opposing faction prob has enough r9 archers/seekers/BMs to fill 3-4 per squad-

The Cata barbs not one is a R9- The only r9 barbs we have, are usually in attk squads- (if they ever show)
    re
  • Dai_Viper - Archosaur
    Dai_Viper - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Really? you 2 were qqing in Archosaur forum, and now qqing in Wizard forum... btw, i know you are so famous Bloodpro. and dont even dare to 1 on 1 with me. what a shame. dont qq about my gear....
    Gear info: pwcalc.com/ca03cfa26484422eb:victory
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Really? you 2 were qqing in Archosaur forum, and now qqing in Wizard forum... btw, i know you are so famous Bloodpro. and dont even dare to 1 on 1 with me. what a shame. dont qq about my gear....

I don't qq there and I certainly didn't qq here. But facts are facts.

And I have 1 vs 1 you before - and sent your *** packing back to your cat shop for another 2 years.

And generally, as everyone who knows me knows, I don't view wizards as a 1 vs 1 class, so I rarely feel the need to 1 vs 1 anyone.

And yes, you say to not bring up your gear, because you outgear me with +11s and +12s to my +8s and +10s and out level me your 105 to my 101.

And yes, after 2 years in cat shop not showing your face at west, yes, a psychic that out gears me and out levels me can certainly beat me 1 vs 1. I don't have a problem admitting that.

And I will make the challenge out to any of you people that out gear me and think you win because of "skill". I will 1 vs 1 you any day in TT90 gear +5. We shall see what your "skill" does then. Cmon, you will still have the advantage of attk and def levels from outgearing me - and playing a better 1 vs 1 class. Afraid to take me up on the challenge? Thought so.

Shame you STILL don't show your face at west gate unless you have help - and full buffs. If I had your gear I would be rocking west gate solo 24/7 - like I did for most of the history of our server, however distant it may now seem.

The fact that you missed so much of it didn't mean it didn't happen - meow.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok, i have to know: @ 2:44 on the first half, just luck that SK happened to get purged before the 18k debuffed sandstorm 1 shot him?
This discussion has been closed.