****/Glitch exploit in Public Quest 3 area

Options

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    cheating is cheating and im sure you did the same, thats why you backing him up. all thy need to do is take away a few lvls like 2~3 and the qq will go away

huuuuuh... There are a lot of glitchers who glitched from 9x, 8x, 7x, or lower, to 105.

Your point makes no sense.

I think permabans for glitchers would make more sense.

Besides, how would you 'take away' a few levels from someone in this game? The coding to do that isn't in the game, a GM would have to do it by hand, and... Well... We all know how much GM's actually DO in this game >___>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

I think permabans for glitchers would make more sense.

It probably is but they will just loose tons of money to do so.
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • deathrider35
    deathrider35 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So is this legal or not? From what I've seen, seems pretty sketchy.
    Any definitive answers from the GM's?
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It probably is but they will just loose tons of money to do so.

Lose some money gain a better player base. Think that might be a decent trade off.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Options

I wouldn't do it if I were you, but what do I know, I'm just a mod.
  • Amatsu_hime - Sanctuary
    Amatsu_hime - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lose some money gain a better player base. Think that might be a decent trade off.

The people who successfully performed this are generally some of the biggest spenders in the game. They spent alot of money on gear and charms needed to handle that many mobs. Consider that the game is not getting any new customers due to all the other games out there and the population is decreasing every day. It would be hard to imagine any situation where the company benefits from banning their core customers.

Most of those complaining aren't doing so out of video game ethics but are upset they didn't have the gear needed when the mobs were higher XP.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    hmm :l
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    no one seems to be doing it on hl atm

and gms if you havnt already seen it try googleing pw pq3 glitch
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Most of those complaining aren't doing so out of video game ethics but are upset they didn't have the gear needed when the mobs were higher XP.

If you're referring to goons, I would have totally done it as much as possible if it hadn't been declared against the rules. My gear is/was more than adequate for it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

I've been talking to genotypist or whatever his/her name is, he/she said this about it

Hi Eccii,

first off, I want to thank you for letting me know about this. I did some independent digging around this weekend and did observe a lot of... interesting things.

Secondly, I want you to know that ToS violation are taken seriously. While I can't go into specifics, please be assured that all the right people are notified of this. If it's ultimately decided that we'll use a subtle approach rather than a direct approach to handling the exploit, we'll still try to make sure players know.

I can't speak on behalf of the CSR who told you otherwise that this isn't an exploit, but I will at the very least make sure it's looked into -- considering the trouble you went through to make us aware of it.

Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    Genotype
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    btw easy fix for this glitch, triple the amount of time the chests take to dig, that should make it not worthwhile and its a simple change too
  • Amatsu_hime - Sanctuary
    Amatsu_hime - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    btw easy fix for this glitch, triple the amount of time the chests take to dig, that should make it not worthwhile and its a simple change too

Easier fix: If you see someone doing it KS all the mobs lol.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ^Indeed. b:laugh I'm going to visit that area every now and then to see if anyone's setting it up soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yeah, even though I have quit the game, I think ima log in every so often and KS the mobs :P

And anyway, its not like they can ban you for KSing the mobs, its not exploiting a glitch, its just killing the random mobs that run by :P
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    can we call this a glitch? idk, sounds pretty much what the digging is supose to do, spawn mobs. even gms said it was doing so. or maybe we shuld ban them too, and ban ppl who help others in cube to dig 100 tricky cards :p

if they have to ban ppl, ban the ones using bot
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hi Eccii,

first off, I want to thank you for letting me know about this. I did some independent digging around this weekend and did observe a lot of... interesting things.

Secondly, I want you to know that ToS violation are taken seriously. While I can't go into specifics, please be assured that all the right people are notified of this. If it's ultimately decided that we'll use a subtle approach rather than a direct approach to handling the exploit, we'll still try to make sure players know.

I can't speak on behalf of the CSR who told you otherwise that this isn't an exploit, but I will at the very least make sure it's looked into -- considering the trouble you went through to make us aware of it.

Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    Genotype

So in other words a couple of years from now they will announce it as banable then do nothing to the ones that are doing/have done it ? Sorry but we have seen the "subtle" approach before many times with the way they deal with tickets, glitches, harassers, and so on and so forth. Not sure why this will be any different.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    People didn't know about this? b:surrender
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I've known about it for months, just never used cause I quit PWI and have better things to do with my time
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Can someone message me the link or the instructions on this. I missed out on the fc glitch. I dang sure hate to miss this one. Im completely serious. Thanks! b:victory
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Google pw pq3 glitch and hit the first result

Its not hard to find ijs
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sorry, second result
  • ThaFister - Lost City
    ThaFister - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I have seen a lot more ppl coming to PQ3 this last few days. But thy dont spawn the mobs and with 2 squads of players this quest went from 90mins to 30mins.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Google pw pq3 glitch and hit the first result

Its not hard to find ijs
    LOl second link. The first one is this thread for me. Thanks b:thanks

Eh not comfortable with running scripts.. Guess this isnt for me. I vote bring back exp on goons!!!
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lol ima go try n dig ballista just to complete that part of the quest b:laugh

then they can kill 200/200
    the 6 guards
    the elite mobs n boss b:sin
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If people are using scripts and or bots i can see how it would violate the tos, but otherwise it is working exaclty as designed. If they feel it does, all they have to do is make the drop a quest drop, problem solved. no need to change digging times ect.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If people are using scripts and or bots i can see how it would violate the tos, but otherwise it is working exaclty as designed. If they feel it does, all they have to do is make the drop a quest drop, problem solved. no need to change digging times ect.

Oh I see, they planned to make sure you had your inventory full so it drops in the ground. I mean they planned that so much so they never even gave it a texture (model) for when it is on the ground. GTFO
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Lol really? Wow, I have a hard time taking this post seriously...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think he's at least right in saying all they'd have to do is making it a quest drop. It's very unlikely that your quest inven can be full.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think he's at least right in saying all they'd have to do is making it a quest drop. It's very unlikely that your quest inven can be full.

I'd try to challenge this via quest items that don't expire as well as ones that can be obtained and will stay in your inventory even when quest is trashed (as well as using quests that give multiple quest items to maximize my chance of this) but.... that requires effort and at least a slight amount of planning/research.

So you win this round, Q. But I'll get you next time! You and your tranny friend too!
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    I'd try to challenge this via quest items that don't expire as well as ones that can be obtained and will stay in your inventory even when quest is trashed (as well as using quests that give multiple quest items to maximize my chance of this) but.... that requires effort and at least a slight amount of planning/research.

So you win this round, Q. But I'll get you next time! You and your tranny friend too!

So that way when they release the expansion and you need quest items (or future quests) but you wont be able to do it, brilliant.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
This discussion has been closed.