Sooo Frankie

Options
Ajiuo - Harshlands
Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Get someone to fix the ticket system so I can submit a ticket about my avatar being broken. Or check your pm's more often, or something. IDK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
Post edited by Ajiuo - Harshlands on

Comments

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Frankie: no

ijs <.>
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    GMs will never help y0u muwahhaha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When did the ticket system ever work? b:surrender
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mwah, thank you Frankie. b:kissb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hey Ajiuo, I'm not seeing any PM's from you from the past few months; when did you send it?

Also, can you describe exactly where the ticket system isn't working (with screen shot if possible)?
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Oh I guess my pm didn't send either. xDD WTF frankie.
    Also, I can't post a ss cus it wouldn't show what's wrong, but I can describe it.
    I'll go to select the "game" or w/e it's called, first drop down menu. When I click on it, it won't stick or w/e. Like, I can keep clicking and clicking but it doesn't do anything.

Also, do you know exactly how much space this game will take up on a vista operating system? I'm getting a new comp (well not new but better than this POS) and i believe it has 3GB of space on it, altho might have more once i uninstall the Sims/all my custom content. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Avatars are mainstream anyway. Who needs them. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Also, I can't post a ss cus it wouldn't show what's wrong, but I can describe it.
    I'll go to select the "game" or w/e it's called, first drop down menu. When I click on it, it won't stick or w/e. Like, I can keep clicking and clicking but it doesn't do anything.

Also, do you know exactly how much space this game will take up on a vista operating system? I'm getting a new comp (well not new but better than this POS) and i believe it has 3GB of space on it, altho might have more once i uninstall the Sims/all my custom content. b:laugh

You're going to need more space. Mine (with screenshots) is over 5.5GB, and I assume it would still be over 5GB with the screenshots removed...
  • QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

It will take the same space as any other but vista? go buy urself a huge chunk of metal, works the same.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you're getting a "new" comp, why would it have Vista?
    Vista quit shipping with new PC's a couple years ago.
    Microshaft probably set a record for fastest mainstream OS changeover.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

The changeover from ME to XP wasn't faster?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    You're going to need more space. Mine (with screenshots) is over 5.5GB, and I assume it would still be over 5GB with the screenshots removed...

Turns out I havee 288GB with 211GB free, comps arent my thing, as you know.

"new" for me. I didn't say a brand new 2012 comp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • Miraiina - Dreamweaver
    Miraiina - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    if your comp will have 211 GB free, then that should be more than enough for PWI. And if you can, try and get a hold of a copy of Windows 7, it`s a lot less of a headache and a lot faster than Vista. b:victory
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    if your comp will have 211 GB free, then that should be more than enough for PWI. And if you can, try and get a hold of a copy of Windows 7, it`s a lot less of a headache and a lot faster than Vista. b:victory

I'm thinking about getting it, but it's really expensive... I really don't care about the operating system because I'm so computer dumb and everything is the same to me LOL. the only thing bad about vista is it doesn't have outlook express (and the new email thing won't connect to the POP3 server correctly) and my mum uses that for her email. And i'm gonna buy a new keyboard before anything else, the comp came with one that has a really bad space bar; you have to punch it to space anything. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It will take the same space as any other but vista? go buy urself a huge chunk of metal, works the same.

Vista SP1 and later is amazing. I've been running both Vista and W7 since they've come out. I've had less issues with post SP Vista than with W7. I also like Vista better because it's less simplified. b:victory
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

The GM I spoke to suggests that you try running the latest version of IE with javascript enabled. Could you give that a try and let me know what happens?
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The GM I spoke to suggests that you try running the latest version of IE with javascript enabled. Could you give that a try and let me know what happens?

I don't like IE8 so that's out. I'll just use google chrome when I need a ticket submitted. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I don't like IE8 so that's out. I'll just use google chrome when I need a ticket submitted. b:chuckle

Unfortunately, in the near future that will prevent the patcher from updating properly due to outdated java. Besides, IE9 is out and it's way better than 8 was. Sure it's not Chrome, but it's like comparing Vista (IE8) to Windows 7 (IE9).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Unfortunately, in the near future that will prevent the patcher from updating properly due to outdated java. Besides, IE9 is out and it's way better than 8 was. Sure it's not Chrome, but it's like comparing Vista (IE8) to Windows 7 (IE9).

Yeah, except (at least for me) the forums are completely broken in IE9.

I've had so many problems with IE9, it's not even remotely funny.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited January 2012
    Options

So you're saying IE9 is worse than IE8? lol
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So you're saying IE9 is worse than IE8? lol

how is Vista better than Win 7?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Vista is complete garbage in comparison to....well everything except ME. Win 7 is the best OS Microsoft has put out to date. Don't get me wrong i loved 98 and XP as well, but Win 7 is better.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    IE will never change as long it is a part of the operating system
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Vista is complete garbage in comparison to....well everything except ME. Win 7 is the best OS Microsoft has put out to date. Don't get me wrong i loved 98 and XP as well, but Win 7 is better.

Long live Win 95 and 98 b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited January 2012
    Options
    how is Vista better than Win 7?

My W7 machine has a random app pause problem and maybe once every 3 months will blue screen. Vista on it, absolutely no issues.

On this computer, I bought a new hard drive and W7. After the installation, while I was installing applications, I turned off UAC, but I still had to run some install programs as admin, and sometimes had to try reinstalling several times before it would take. Also, Windows Live wouldn't display youtube video in the messenger window, no matter what I tried to do. I gave up and went back to Vista because I was tired of the issues I was having just trying to set up a new installation.

Also, I've run Vista since it came out. I ran that Windows Experience program for 3 months on XP and recieved a free copy of Vista Ultimate when it came out. It had the initial file transfer bug and other common issues that went away before SP1. It's now running SP2. This installation has remained on 24/7 for up to 3 months at a time. It's almost as stable as my old XP system.

But that's just for me, a home computer junkie who even built an Elf 2 with my dad back in the early 80's.

Sheeple think Vista sucks because when it was first introduced, it did have a couple of major bugs. It was also the first version of UAC which hadn't been fined tuned and was really horrible. Also, just like XP, Vista at launch, was preloaded on a whole bunch of OEM systems with extra added bloatware that barely met system requirements for it so many people's first experience with it was that it was buggy and slow because it was put on so many low end machines.

I've always had Vista on high-end machines. Even from the beginning it was pretty great once the file transfer bug was fixed. UAC was still a problem for most people, but of course I turn that off... who doesn't?

BTW, there's really little difference between Vista SP2 and W7 SP1. With the exception of a few kernel changes and a few UI changes and reworked system configuration menus for some Control Panel items, they're basically the same if you have UAC turned off.

W7 is only a minor revision of the Vista code base and probably should have just been a Service Pack. The only thing is that Vista was hated for the reasons I outlined and they wanted to sell "a whole new, better and different OS". So they made minor UI tweaks and gave it a different name so they could re-sell the product everyone hated with a name they didn't hate. And it worked.

This proves my point:

/clueless

W2K was the most stable operating system next to NT4. Thank you for proving my point though.

BTW, almost everyone hated XP at launch. And SP2 hosed many thousands of people's systems. Most IT departments refused to upgrade from NT or W2K and many of them still run W2K to this date.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I have licensed Windows Vista.

And it work without any problems.

I update it every time when it is necessary.
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Okay...
    Well anyway. I had a IE8 when it came out. Complete ****. Nothing worked right. I was like WTF. So i did a system restore and I swore never to use it again. IE9? I don't think so. When the time comes, I'll switch to a new browser if it's needed.
    Vista? I've had some problems with it. It liked to blue screen, but I think it's because it hardly had any memory before and Sims killed it. The person who fixed it put 2 GB of memory or something on it. IDK. Apparently this comp has more than plenty but then again maybe i'm thinking of something different. It liked to do the beeps of death on me when i'd start it up. LOTS. of. ****. Turns out there were like 50 viruses on it when my dad had it. (he doesn't know anything about computers so he didn't have a virus program, he just wanted the internet to look for new recipes...) So far, I'm not even semi laggy in West arch. Hell, I can log out and log back in like nothing in W Arch now. I'm hoping I can actually enjoy TW next time without lagging the whole thing.
    I don't have W7, but I have XP. It works, but it's really slow. Really. slow. Pull up internet? Okay, give me 10 minutes. Oh I'm in game and you need the internet? Give me a restart and 10 mins. It randomly freezes on me to the point where I need to shut it down to get it to run again. West Arch? You better not even try to dc in there, and the lag is amazingly... laggy. TW? Omg, i lagged for 10 minutes at time once, I was so surprised I wasn't dead when it stopped lagging lol.

So far, I like vista better, but then again I can't compare it to W7 which is what the agruement is about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    There's more to a computer than the OS ijs. Kinda hard to compare unless you run both with the same exact technical components and user behaviour.

Can't even reply to the post above me, explaining that would probably kill the character limit I got for one post. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you like Vista better, go to Win7. It's Vista, turbo boosted, and actually working properly.

Remember Windows ME? Yeah, Vista is kinda like that. Comparing Windows 7 to Vista is like comparing XP to ME.
    Vista was the rush, "we need something new out there" release. Windows 7 is where they fixed the majority of the bugs and cleaned up the interface.

Comparatively, IE9 is where Microshaft finally got a clue and started copying from Chrome and Firefox. In the initial rankings it actually scored higher than Chrome and Firefox for speed and reliability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you like Vista better, go to Win7. It's Vista, turbo boosted, and actually working properly.

Remember Windows ME? Yeah, Vista is kinda like that. Comparing Windows 7 to Vista is like comparing XP to ME.
    Vista was the rush, "we need something new out there" release. Windows 7 is where they fixed the majority of the bugs and cleaned up the interface.

Comparatively, IE9 is where Microshaft finally got a clue and started copying from Chrome and Firefox. In the initial rankings it actually scored higher than Chrome and Firefox for speed and reliability.

Idk what ME is. b:laugh I know nothing about the computers themselves, I just know how to play on them. So really, I'm not really caring much about the OS as long as it allows me to play my games/browse the internet, which vista does. If my brother decides it's a good idea to get W7, we will, but we're not gonna fork over the cash for it because my mum and i have no problem with it so far. (Aside from the email thing, which I'm going to call my internet provider to fix today.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤