Frankie - Male or Female?

Options

Comments

• Nepenthe - Lost City
    Nepenthe - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yep that's me--

This whole gender confusion began because, when I first started at PWE to help localize the game, I was assigned a female blademaster for testing purposes. A few months later, the game went live, and the blademaster became a GM, and since players always knew my character as female, I continued the tradition with the female forum avatar.

The name FrankieRaye comes from the Marvel character known as Nova, herald to Galactus.

b:question I cant imagine why you would need that many 5hour energy drinks
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    we know...

No its
    Frankish is so hotb:kiss so hit me up on core connectb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    we know...

yeah, ur *** for putting that in her post.b:shutup
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ISteaIth - Lost City
    ISteaIth - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    frankie is womens
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    frankie is womens

.....wut?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'll never understand why players of an MMO bother with IRL genders. Are you playing the game to hook up or something...?

Frankie will be a girl to me when his Avvy displays a female character and he will be a boy to me when his Avvy displays a male character, just like any other player/character here.

Hey I met my boyfriend on this game and he is a veno named isabellab:shutupb:shocked
    glad I found out he was a man Lol or I never would have got to know him and spend a week with him in vegasb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hey I met my boyfriend on this game and he is a veno named isabellab:shutupb:shocked
    glad I found out he was a man Lol or I never would have got to know him and spend a week with him in vegasb:cute

OR would you have >.>

heh naa I'm just messin. b:chuckle
  • Nazera - Dreamweaver
    Nazera - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I'll be honest, that's a little rude. He even admitted that it was him in that video... and you would still call him a female because of his forum avatar?b:surrender
    Rude? How?

It's not Steven I'm referring to as a female. It's Frankieraye, the female Blademaster that I am. Steven talks through Frankieraye here on the board, who is female.

If I called Frankie a Blademaster, would it still be rude? No? Then why would it be rude calling her a female?

Why are you so offended if someone don't assign the character the same attributes that the character's IRL owner/player has? It don't make sense.

Next time you call me rude mister moderator, try to come up with a better reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    OMFG frankye is a man ---- you ruined my dreams -- dun't luv you anymore </3
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Besides that this video was a bit icky... and looked a little forced...

Frankie is actually a pretty cute guy :) lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Rude? How?

It's not Steven I'm referring to as a female. It's Frankieraye, the female Blademaster that I am. Steven talks through Frankieraye here on the board, who is female.

If I called Frankie a Blademaster, would it still be rude? No? Then why would it be rude calling her a female?

Why are you so offended if someone don't assign the character the same attributes that the character's IRL owner/player has? It don't make sense.

Next time you call me rude mister moderator, try to come up with a better reason.

I wasn't saying you were rude, I was saying the action itself is rude. There is a difference. I'm also not saying you can't do it, I'm just expressing my opinion on the matter of calling a male person by a female pronoun based on their avatar, even after their true gender was revealed. Take it and do with it what you will.
  • Nazera - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I wasn't saying you were rude, I was saying the action itself is rude. There is a difference. I'm also not saying you can't do it, I'm just expressing my opinion on the matter of calling a male person by a female pronoun based on their avatar, even after their true gender was revealed. Take it and do with it what you will.
    But I wasn't calling Steven a female based on Frankieraye, I was calling Frankieraye a female based on what she is.

The fact is, Frankieraye was a female Blademaster. Always was. The question was that what sex was the employee of PWE that posts as her here was. We know now that it was a man named Steven. Steven being a man don't change Frankieraye's sex.

How is that rude? How does that not make sense?

Edit: I suppose calling you a fuzzy-wuzzy Barb now would be rude ;_; </3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Rude? How?

It would be rude calling him a female because you know that he is not a female, and by addressing this thread after a very long time, he clearly wants to people to know that he is a male. If for no other reason then to finally have rumors about his gender to be shutdown. It's one thing if you don't know, it's another entirely when you refuse to acknowledge there is a human being behind the avatars. Some people want people to know their gender, and some people don't care either way. He clearly just picked a female avatar because of a tradition that was set from his earlier days of working at the company, not because he wants to be addressed as one. I don't see what the big deal, as the female blademaster/venomancer isn't the customer support representative that is going to be helping you. The person that address the needs of the community is frankieraye, the male community manager of the forums. I say FrankieRaye because i highly doubt he wants us all calling him Steven now.

@thread

I'm with the others. Frankie, you are definitely easy on the eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So that's what Nickelback fans look like...
  • Nazera - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It would be rude calling him a female because you know that he is not a female, and by addressing this thread after a very long time, he clearly wants to people to know that he is a male.
    I'm talking about Frankieraye being female, not Steven.
    If for no other reason then to finally have rumors about his gender to be shutdown. It's one thing if you don't know, it's another entirely when you refuse to acknowledge there is a human being behind the avatars.
    That don't seem logical though. How is needing to refer to the character as the gender of the player acknowledging that there's a real human "behind" it? It doesn't make sense...

and Frankieraye isn't just an avatar on a forum, it's a test character, like she said she was.
    Some people want people to know their gender, and some people don't care either way. He clearly just picked a female avatar because of a tradition that was set from his earlier days of working at the company, not because he wants to be addressed as one. I don't see what the big deal, as the female blademaster/venomancer isn't the customer support representative that is going to be helping you. The person that address the needs of the community is frankieraye, the male community manager of the forums.
    It's one thing about wanting to know what gender the person playing a character is. It's another thing referring to the character as if they are the same exact entity as the player controlling them. They're not.

There's no such thing as "Frankieraye, the male community manager of the forums", because Frankieraye is a female Blademaster. I just... I don't understand why this subject needs to be argued. Your and Fuzzy's point don't make any sense to me at all... ;_;

I'm sorry, I just don't understand... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited January 2012
    Options
    There's no such thing as "Frankieraye, the male community manager of the forums", because Frankieraye is a female Blademaster. I just... I don't understand why this subject needs to be argued. Your and Fuzzy's point don't make any sense to me at all... ;_;

I'm sorry, I just don't understand... b:surrender

A male wearing a female mask isn't referred to as female. The same applies here. The avatar you see is a "mask" of sorts... it covers his identity, yes. That, however, doesn't change the fact that he is male, and out of respect to him we should refer to him as such. You can choose not to, but again I say that such refusal is rude.
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Someone has gender issuesb:surrender
    "But mom I have a peepeeb:cry "
    "I don't care you will wear the damn dress and make mommy proud when you win the beauty pagentb:angry "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Someone has gender issuesb:surrender
    "But mom I have a peepeeb:cry "
    "I don't care you will wear the damn dress and make mommy proud when you win the beauty pagentb:angry "

LMAO

that is so messed up cus it actually happens
  • Nazera - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    A male wearing a female mask isn't referred to as female. The same applies here. The avatar you see is a "mask" of sorts... it covers his identity, yes. That, however, doesn't change the fact that he is male, and out of respect to him we should refer to him as such. You can choose not to, but again I say that such refusal is rude.
    A character isn't a face mask though. It's another identity, another person. Not just a cover for one. KrittyCat is your identity on this board, just like Nazera is my current identity. But they're not just masks. We're not our IRL selves when we're on these characters.

Again, I'm not saying Steven is a female. But Frankieraye is not Steven. She's the character identity he assumes, "role plays" if you will, when he's community managing here.

Okay. I'm begining to understand this little misunderstanding here. It seems that someone doesn't have a clear definition of what's being discussed. These characters we have on this game(GM or otherwise) are not avatars(as in the game analog sense, not the message board picture sense). Avatars are computer generated versions OF the players... a character, what we have in PWI, is a fictional person or being merely being controlled by us that we take the identity of.

See this for a more detailed explanation.

Yes, I know now that you call Frankieraye a male because you're really referring to Steven, but calling HIM Frankieraye rather than actually referring to Frankieraye herself. But I'm not considering the two one being. That is where the misunderstanding started.

I'm sorry that I started this little spat, but it seemed very odd that there was even a question that Frankieraye was female or not, despite her avvy clearly displaying it. xD It was logical to me that I needed to point it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So that's what Nickelback fans look like...

Yeah, I never made it as a wise man..

About the 5-hour-energy, that was a long time ago; before I realized that it's nearly as expensive a habit as if I were a pack a day smoker, even if you buy the bundles at Costco. Now I just go with a steady stream of (free) green tea all day.

And as for the gender-bending character/avatar, it's not really a big deal to me whether you you refer to Frankie as a girl or a guy -- there are arguments for both sides, and all that really matters is that I'm here to help.
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Representation Simulation
    Bourgeois novel, realism Science fiction, postmodernism
    Organism Biotic Component
    Depth, integrity Surface, boundary
    Heat Noise
    Biology as clinical practice Biology as inscription
    Physiology Communications engineering
    Small group Subsystem
    Perfection Optimization
    Eugenics Population Control
    Decadence Obsolescence
    Hygiene Stress Management
    Microbiology, tuberculosis Immunology, AIDS
    Organic division of labor Ergonomics/cybernetics of labor
    Functional specialization Modular construction
    Reproduction Replication
    Organic sex role specialization Optimal genetic strategies
    Biological determinism Evolutionary inertia, constraints
    Community ecology Ecosystem
    Racial chain of being Neo-imperialism, United Nations humanism
    Scientific management in home/factory Global factory/Electronic cottage
    Family/Market/Factory Women in the Integrated Circuit
    Family wage Comparable worth
    Public/Private Cyborg citizenship
    Nature/Culture Fields of difference
    Co-operation Communications enhancement
    Sex Genetic engineering
    Labor Robotics
    Mind Artificial Intelligence
    Suave sweaters and vests Buckets of mascara and axes like aircraft carriers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Woohooo I found who picked up your 5-hour energy habit!
  • Nazera - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    And as for the gender-bending character/avatar, it's not really a big deal to me whether you you refer to Frankie as a girl or a guy -- there are arguments for both sides, and all that really matters is that I'm here to help.
    That's why we love you, Frankie. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Frankie, what ya really need to do to end the debate on ya, is too invite everyone who Doubts your gender still, after all this...

Is To,o b:quiet Invite everyone who wants to hear PROOF as to your (Gender-through voice), to a SKYPE Chat MEETING ~ And then Play A bunch of Audio Files of (SHEEP/ Whales / DOLPHINS & Assorted AnImAL NoIsEs!!!) Everytime ya choose to reply too someone!!!b:laugh

That should set them Straight about it....b:coolb:victory

b:chuckle
  • krittycat
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sihndra wrote: »
    Heat Noise
    Small group Subsystem
    Perfection Optimization
    Decadence Obsolescence
    Reproduction Replication
    Sex Genetic engineering
    Labor Robotics

What is this, I don't even...

b:shocked
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    What is this, I don't even...

b:shocked

you stole my line, but you did it wrong D:

What is this I don't even...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sihndra wrote: »

~SAX PLAYs

Heat Noise

SAX PLAYs~

Small group Subsystem
    Perfection Optimization
    Decadence Obsolescence

~SAX PLAYs

Reproduction Replication

SAX PLAYs~

Sex Genetic engineering
    Labor Robotics

~SAX PLAYs~

b:chuckle Theres the (Saxaphone Player) to back ya up wit da intermitent tunes, at the 1960s ~(Poetry corner & Beatneck Bar)~ Sihndra........ ROFLMAO!!b:laugh

And Dat {POETRY/Verbage} Sounds COool Man....b:cool
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    how did that guy (who seems to be GM) get that avatar? a rat? man this is cool... I want peacock avatar.
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    Eris - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Funnily enough, I had a feeling he was Steven when I watched that video the first time around. You are very attractive b:surrender...then again PWI has a very good looking player base, myself excluded :p
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yeah, I never made it as a wise man..

About the 5-hour-energy, that was a long time ago; before I realized that it's nearly as expensive a habit as if I were a pack a day smoker, even if you buy the bundles at Costco. Now I just go with a steady stream of (free) green tea all day.

i bought one of those, i never finished it. 30 bucks, wasted :(