Help us, your our only hope.

2»

Comments

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    And a faction that is able to go through 51 weeks of being completely undefeated sure as hell deserves to keep the map.

If by "deserves" you mean "locking up TW for the entire server" is acceptable, then you are correct. I don't think that was what PWI intended TW to be.

Obviously it doesn't bother them a damn bit, as they let it happen everywhere.
    Finally, even the best faction has a limit of 200 members. Certainly there's got to be more than 200 competitive PvPers on every server. Heck, there's probably more than 200 +10-12 R9s on each server.

Again, more unadulterated bull****. As OP explained, players gear up, try to fight the established faction, then just give up and join the Big Boys because, "Damn - it's a game, why shouldn't I have fun instead of beating my head against the wall?".

It happens every single day, and it will continue to happen every single day. The claim "why don't you people just get together and build a fac to drive the dominant fac off the server" is generated by players in that dominant faction. It's disingenuous, it's a cop-out, everyone that has actually played this game and *tried* to do that knows it's not possible.

Quit spouting it as if it will and can ever happen. Jesus couldn't get 180 super high levels that *aren't* in the dominant faction to get along long enough to topple a faction that owns the map.

If they were that easy to get along with, they would already be in that top faction by now.

Since we have 3 years + of actual data that *proves* this way doesn't work, then it's time to start lobbying for a correction to the rules.

Not that *that's* likely to happen either.

Red
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Crimson JR hold also a big part of Cata alts so it dosnt count :)

A BIG PART guys. Damn.... Didn't know that inviting ~7 alts from every single major guild, Catalyst included, automatically qualified us as a Catalyst alt faction.
    And for the record, they recently left and plan to bid on us with their own alts. So technically, CJr is gonna be the only one fighting Catalyst this week, in a sense.

Perhaps this is the problem with our server? That everyone spends the entire duration of the Catalyst campaign pointing fingers at other guilds, accusing them of allying with Catalyst? It's an absolute joke really; all it freaking takes is bidding on them to prove you're not working with them, yet no one does it.
    Listen, if a day comes when people are ready and willing to stack Catalyst for once and you want the aid of CrimsonJr, by all means, give me a call. Yes I was in Catalyst, that was a year ago, and yes, I often PK alongside Catalyst. But I'm also one of those guys that's always getting raged at in PK because I'll PK my friends. Why will I pk my friends? Because it's a game: no need to take it seriously, just do what's fun. Would it be fun to try and stop a guild that's controlled the map since I joined? Yes it would, so I'm down for supporting whoever tries, but my own guild is merely alts and made for fun (no formal organization, we just win by being born awsum), so it's not reliable enough to lead such a movement. How the HELL is CJr one of the last two guilds on the map besides Catalyst? Hell if I know, but if you think it's cause we're pro and want out help stacking Catalyst, then give me a ring.

If anyone's gonna do something at this point, it's Crimson. If you really want things to change on our server, look to Crimson. Dunno if they plan to attempt to fight Cata or not though; if they do though, count me in. (if you even consider CJr a help and not a hinderance)
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Gear up, fight back. Make your own faction and take the map from them.

Sanctuary has seen the point of all map belonged to a big red faction. Then people QQed, sucked it up and manned up.
    Now our map is split between 4 big factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I never understood why there is a limit to how many territories a Faction can defend at one time.

Because there is a limit on how many people can be in one faction, the numerical advantage is with the attackers in a 3 way defense, at least in theory (flawed maybe, but no more so than any of the suggestions of resets or land limits or infinite tws).

If your server can't get 3 groups of 80 well geared people organized and willing to make tw more interesting, that isn't PWI's fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    your only hope is Obi van Kenobi. send that textwall to him...
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    you're*

not you Hideori, the OP

Edit: oh nvm Zarni got it
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    A BIG PART guys. Damn.... Didn't know that inviting ~7 alts from every single major guild, Catalyst included, automatically qualified us as a Catalyst alt faction.

Last time I checked, CrimsonJr had no Crimson alts, ironically.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    <
    Me, your only help? no,no,no,no... schedule conflict.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Fortune favors the bold... So how can you suggest limiting the bold from how much fortune they can acquire???

Now if a faction can acquire all the lands then by all means let them... However I do think that the individuals should stop jumping ship if they lose.... Or Jump on board everytime that big faction wins.... The fight is over and each time it seems that as the dust settles you will find a few more people show up and say whew that was a good fight!!! When they weren't even there to fight it.... Its kind of like running in at the last second just to be acknowledged for someone elses hard work.

I wouldn't mind seeing a true mega faction of all mains do there recruiting and saving then once they were ready suddenly steam roll the whole server and all the land. Build a strategy from the beginning then employ some teamwork and work as a group for the greater good

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. (Sun Tzu)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I haven't paid much attention to other servers apart from Sanctuary lately. We have three or four major factions holding land, none of which is even close to owning the whole map. I don't see a TW reset being necessary in the slightest. As others have said, if a faction has constantly won week after week, not losing land either, and has attained the whole map, they most definitely deserve it.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    If by "deserves" you mean "locking up TW for the entire server" is acceptable, then you are correct. I don't think that was what PWI intended TW to be.

Obviously it doesn't bother them a damn bit, as they let it happen everywhere.

Again, more unadulterated bull****. As OP explained, players gear up, try to fight the established faction, then just give up and join the Big Boys because, "Damn - it's a game, why shouldn't I have fun instead of beating my head against the wall?".

It happens every single day, and it will continue to happen every single day. The claim "why don't you people just get together and build a fac to drive the dominant fac off the server" is generated by players in that dominant faction. It's disingenuous, it's a cop-out, everyone that has actually played this game and *tried* to do that knows it's not possible.

Quit spouting it as if it will and can ever happen. Jesus couldn't get 180 super high levels that *aren't* in the dominant faction to get along long enough to topple a faction that owns the map.

If they were that easy to get along with, they would already be in that top faction by now.

Since we have 3 years + of actual data that *proves* this way doesn't work, then it's time to start lobbying for a correction to the rules.

Red

^ This

Thats the issue with all these big factions on every server... To many chiefs not enough indians.

Because of that you have a half a dozen lil groups of 30-50 players each vying for control of everything... And thats not the way to do it. To create a mega sized faction of 150+ actives of all high lvls and super rich... Then an officer structure needs to be arranged. The leader is set up by popular vote and if he makes a wrong desicion and the group disagrees then they step down, and elect a new leader.

I know this because I have done it... I have been apart of one of these in a different game. A game where we took our roles as pirates very seriously and set up our structure that way... The leader was in charge of combat, bids, and diplomacy, but not without the ok of the officers underneath them. The officers were set up with different assignments for the group with people stuctured under them. Everything from finances to farming and gear allocation. In the end our faction controlled every port, and city, and we held more colonies than any other faction on the server. We became the power house acquiring billions of coins every week for a full year.

The downside is we all got tired of it in time and fell off to other games. When you live in a place like nirvana running it constantly everysingle day it becomes more like a job and less like a game. I miss having my vent full of people, and 130+ people in my faction online at any one time. Something I have not been able to find since I came to pwi b:surrender
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Red

Lost City is perhaps the only exception. It's highly unlikely that one faction will ever dominate the map again. There are too many high level TW factions now and there are so many splintered groups filled with spite that there will never be one super-faction ever again.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Last time I checked, CrimsonJr had no Crimson alts, ironically.

No but we have 2-3 members who used to be in Crimson and haven't been anywhere else since they left. b:cool
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Lost City is perhaps the only exception. It's highly unlikely that one faction will ever dominate the map again. There are too many high level TW factions now and there are so many splintered groups filled with spite that there will never be one super-faction ever again.

I think it's *slightly* less likely on PvP servers, because 1) people who have stayed on the server long enough to be 9x+ have no problem with killing each other and 2) have geared themselves up for PvP just out of sheer necessity. I'm sure it can still happen, but honestly there are a larger population of TW-ready (and capable) than on a PvE server.

Red
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Unless, ofc, if the faction is smart enough not to pay salary but instead merchant with billions of land money and fund people's gears in turn.

I think this is why harshland has problems. They got stupid people thinking they are smart.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited January 2012
    I think it's *slightly* less likely on PvP servers, because 1) people who have stayed on the server long enough to be 9x+ have no problem with killing each other and 2) have geared themselves up for PvP just out of sheer necessity. I'm sure it can still happen, but honestly there are a larger population of TW-ready (and capable) than on a PvE server.

Red

No. There are three distinct groups of people that do not get along together, two of which absolutely hate each other. And there are at least enough active highly refined nirvana and R8/9 chars to fill two guilds to capacity, but people just have issues with each other.

Right now the server is split pretty evenly between three factions with a fourth faction who just got on the map last week and will surely take more lands. There is also no leader that could reverse all the years of built up hate people have for each other.

At least it's not something that's gonna happen in the next year or so. Map will stay colorful for at least that long.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    No. There are three distinct groups of people that do not get along together, two of which absolutely hate each other. And there are at least enough active highly refined nirvana and R8/9 chars to fill two guilds to capacity, but people just have issues with each other.

Right now the server is split pretty evenly between three factions with a fourth faction who just got on the map last week and will surely take more lands. There is also no leader that could reverse all the years of built up hate people have for each other.

At least it's not something that's gonna happen in the next year or so. Map will stay colorful for at least that long.

Unless for some reason Elayne comes back and decides to bring back Essence xD.

I would laugh my *** off if that came true.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012

I would laugh my *** off if that came true.

With the way he left, I doubt many would go back.

He was an amazing leader.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012

I don't know, the time period when essence started was a huge transition stage in lost city. It was just then that gear started to become too powerful and too easy to get with real money compared to farming. At this point most good old school players called it quits and only few remained. Also, a bunch of up and coming players were starting to fill the spots with their cs'd chars and once decent geared players got left behind. Now that the game has transitioned to the point where a level 100+ pvp gear ready character is only a matter of money it will be much harder for a single guild to stay on top since there are a greater number of top geared players.

Honestly, I only see lost city getting screwed up if there is another major gear release that completely trumps rank9 and some guild takes advantage of the transition stage that occurs. Charge rank10 faster than any other guild and you have a temporary advantage.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    With the way he left, I doubt many would go back.

He was an amazing leader.

True...he did kinda leave with a sour note :s, but yeah amazing leader b:faint

Kinda wish I had the time and money to join it before he left :(

Cause with the current options...I'm really just tempted to stay in Hooligans >_>
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ^ This

Thats the issue with all these big factions on every server... To many chiefs not enough indians.

Because of that you have a half a dozen lil groups of 30-50 players each vying for control of everything... And thats not the way to do it. To create a mega sized faction of 150+ actives of all high lvls and super rich... Then an officer structure needs to be arranged. The leader is set up by popular vote and if he makes a wrong desicion and the group disagrees then they step down, and elect a new leader.

I know this because I have done it... I have been apart of one of these in a different game. A game where we took our roles as pirates very seriously and set up our structure that way... The leader was in charge of combat, bids, and diplomacy, but not without the ok of the officers underneath them. The officers were set up with different assignments for the group with people stuctured under them. Everything from finances to farming and gear allocation. In the end our faction controlled every port, and city, and we held more colonies than any other faction on the server. We became the power house acquiring billions of coins every week for a full year.

The downside is we all got tired of it in time and fell off to other games. When you live in a place like nirvana running it constantly everysingle day it becomes more like a job and less like a game. I miss having my vent full of people, and 130+ people in my faction online at any one time. Something I have not been able to find since I came to pwi b:surrender
    thats the easy part.
    the harder part is finding such like minded individuals such that you dont have a clash of hardcore and 'forgive everyone' type of officers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ^ This

^omg this +10

Oooh how I wish you played on Sanc.. =(
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    thats the easy part.
    the harder part is finding such like minded individuals such that you dont have a clash of hardcore and 'forgive everyone' type of officers.

Not really. The group I did that with had a recruitment strategy in place where we didn't say apply at lvl 95+ sins 100+ at this website and we will review it.... We took in everyone. From the guy starting on his first day to the seasoned gamers with there own fortunes. We did an in game background check... How old are they? What part of the world do they live in? languages they speak? What factions were they apart of before this one? How long did they stay? What do other players say about this person? Why did they leave? Do they have alts in other factions?

The new players had a limited recruitment so they could be assigned with an older gamer to teach them how to play, earn money, and become self sufficient. Once that was done we would recruit a new lower lvl. Because we brought people in this way we maintained a very low turn over rate.

The old players had to acclimatize to our ranking and play style. Each person brought in was given a trial period to see how they liked us and how we could work with them.... If we brought in someone who saw themself as another chief then they would be removed from the faction. Everything was set up for the greater good of the group. While people were free to play there own way and do what they wished, we asked that they donate in some way to faction when they had the oppurtunity... So some people would collect low lvl mats on an alt, some would put cash into faction, some would farm instances, some would teach others how to lvl and progress.... It was a well organized cluster b:shutup
    ^omg this +10

Oooh how I wish you played on Sanc.. =(

lol I am the old war dog now... Even though I am on a pvp server I don't do it anymore... Just grew out of it I have multiple toons on this server and heavens tear though... But I just keep to myself for the most part now and lvl or grind on something
  • ClaireSH - Lothranis
    ClaireSH - Lothranis Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    We also had that on my old server and they pvp west arch 20vs1 they can get banned as they spend to muhc rl money.Eventually i retired for sometime bc of work etc.Coming back i joined LoT server as im from south Africa my latency much more stable and have to saw what a blast.Most faction has equal chance.Im in a tw faction that has some ground.altho reign and some others got more and are stronger they dont control the whole wolrd(yet)b:laugh But every few weeks u see other smaller factions pulling in for a fun ol tw just to have fun.Games suppose to be fun so leave the aggro behind before tw.Btw we fighting reign this weekend and i gotta work b:cry
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    its not all about gear anyway... Its about practice, and teamwork... =)

Which Cata are dam ****ing good at, back after the map reset, Valhalla was geared way better than Cata and yet Valhalla still got facerolled

Catalyst is a faction with skill, a lot of them have been around since the server opened, many of them only log in for TW once a week.

I think the problem here is not Catalyst but the rest of the server, everyone ******* about Catalyst and yet no one ever actually works together properly to take Catalyst down.

Catalyst are one faction, the other factions out there such as Mayhem, Crimson, Valhalla, and CrimsonJR (go tunnel snakes) are all big factions. Crimson is well geared, Valhalla is very well geared (well they were the last time I played :/) And yet Catalyst continues to dominate the map.

The issue is not gear or Catalyst, it is teamwork and skill, Catalyst have well skilled players, really good coordination in TW's, great teamwork etc. This is why they own the map.

The other factions need to get more strategic, structure the TW's better, communicate between factions and stack Cata, actually come up with some kind of plan before the TW start..... (not that I am saying these factions don't do this, they could just do it better)
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Which Cata are dam ****ing good at, back after the map reset, Valhalla was geared way better than Cata and yet Valhalla still got facerolled

Catalyst is a faction with skill, a lot of them have been around since the server opened, many of them only log in for TW once a week.

I think the problem here is not Catalyst but the rest of the server, everyone ******* about Catalyst and yet no one ever actually works together properly to take Catalyst down.

Catalyst are one faction, the other factions out there such as Mayhem, Crimson, Valhalla, and CrimsonJR (go tunnel snakes) are all big factions. Crimson is well geared, Valhalla is very well geared (well they were the last time I played :/) And yet Catalyst continues to dominate the map.

The issue is not gear or Catalyst, it is teamwork and skill, Catalyst have well skilled players, really good coordination in TW's, great teamwork etc. This is why they own the map.

The other factions need to get more strategic, structure the TW's better, communicate between factions and stack Cata, actually come up with some kind of plan before the TW start..... (not that I am saying these factions don't do this, they could just do it better)

It's the fault of the server as a whole. Catalyst AND those that complain about them. Those that complain need to do something about it, but at the same time, surely Catalyst can understand that if they'd disband and disperse themselves among ~7 different factions, it'd do SOOOO much for Harshlands. And yet they don't do it. I have no idea why but they insist on remaining together and dominating the server even though they really only play LoL and when they are playing PW, they're longing for good TW. Yeah yeah I know the speeches of "why should WE have to disband," but that's the EXACT kind of greedy thinking that plagues our server. "Why should WE have to attack Catalyst first;" it's the exact same attitude. Everyone, Catalyst included, wishes for better TW, but no one actually does anything about it.

Good TW never happens, for one, because the two best geared guilds you just listed, Val (now Absinthe I suppose) and Crimson, have problems of their own. Crimson looks out for themselves and doesn't care about the server as a whole (not accusing them of being selfish and greedy, mind you. Looking out for your guild is natural, but as I've said perhaps we as a server need to get over this), so they're more than willing to take the "2nd place" trophy. This means that while other guilds are focusing on prepping up for Catalyst, Crimson is focused on prepping up for every other guild, which is completely counter-productive, and the result, as we saw, was that only TWO major factions were stacking Catalyst, not three. Valhalla on the other hand just can't TW their way out of a ****ing paper bag. I know it sounds cliche, but holy ****, apparently it's true that you CAN'T buy skill. They have the gear to be a major annoyance in a stack, but a stand-alone opponent? Hell no.

There ARE other guilds willing to help out if a stack would come. I've said CrimsonJr would be more than willing to help if any big guild thinks we'd be useful for a stack, I'm certain Mayhem and Kylin would be willing (they always have been in the past), and surely Dumass or somebody else would also be on board. But the problem is that these guilds aren't threatening enough to take Catalyst on alone. We need a larger guild to SUPPORT, and the larger guilds that do exist are simply unwilling to do so; one because they're currently enjoying a decent income on their lands, the other seems absolutely phobic of losing.

Long story short...

A lot of the server needs to learn to stop saying and start doing, Catalyst should consider disbanding, some guilds should stop focusing on themselves and focus on the big picture, etc etc.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    It's the fault of the server as a whole. Catalyst AND those that complain about them. Those that complain need to do something about it, but at the same time, surely Catalyst can understand that if they'd disband and disperse themselves among ~7 different factions, it'd do SOOOO much for Harshlands. And yet they don't do it. I have no idea why but they insist on remaining together and dominating the server even though they really only play LoL and when they are playing PW, they're longing for good TW. Yeah yeah I know the speeches of "why should WE have to disband," but that's the EXACT kind of greedy thinking that plagues our server. "Why should WE have to attack Catalyst first;" it's the exact same attitude. Everyone, Catalyst included, wishes for better TW, but no one actually does anything about it.

Good TW never happens, for one, because the two best geared guilds you just listed, Val (now Absinthe I suppose) and Crimson, have problems of their own. Crimson looks out for themselves and doesn't care about the server as a whole (not accusing them of being selfish and greedy, mind you. Looking out for your guild is natural, but as I've said perhaps we as a server need to get over this), so they're more than willing to take the "2nd place" trophy. This means that while other guilds are focusing on prepping up for Catalyst, Crimson is focused on prepping up for every other guild, which is completely counter-productive, and the result, as we saw, was that only TWO major factions were stacking Catalyst, not three. Valhalla on the other hand just can't TW their way out of a ****ing paper bag. I know it sounds cliche, but holy ****, apparently it's true that you CAN'T buy skill. They have the gear to be a major annoyance in a stack, but a stand-alone opponent? Hell no.

There ARE other guilds willing to help out if a stack would come. I've said CrimsonJr would be more than willing to help if any big guild thinks we'd be useful for a stack, I'm certain Mayhem and Kylin would be willing (they always have been in the past), and surely Dumass or somebody else would also be on board. But the problem is that these guilds aren't threatening enough to take Catalyst on alone. We need a larger guild to SUPPORT, and the larger guilds that do exist are simply unwilling to do so; one because they're currently enjoying a decent income on their lands, the other seems absolutely phobic of losing.

Long story short...

A lot of the server needs to learn to stop saying and start doing, Catalyst should consider disbanding, some guilds should stop focusing on themselves and focus on the big picture, etc etc.

So lets take this thinking into heart...

Mayhem and Kylin merge one stays leader gets a vice seat. (second) leave all the alts in the faction is to be left and use that faction as a bid alt...

Now whos up next?
    Crimson and??? Valhalla???
    Merge same strategy. work it out amongst themselves...

Now you have 4 factions into 2 that should push up to 70+ active count now each. Isn't that about = to catas numbers on the weekend? And if you really want to push the issue then merge those 2 into one mega faction and watch the results.

Where would crimson Jr go??? back to crimson??? kylin??? or merge into another 3rd party group??? Murder, Omerta, Abbadon???

I agree with you knife but here is the thing... Exactly as you pointed out... Somebody somewhere is gonna say HELL NO I won't be under them I have to be leader... Or HELL NO I would never ally/merge with them because a year and a half ago before I even played somebody talked **** or pked this persons in game gf.....

To which a reply would be... GROW THE **** UP!!!!

You want to win right??? you want to control and fight and have good tw??? Then compromise somewhere and sacrifice for the good of your goals.

If you can't then just stop talking.... As the old saying goes put up or shut up.

The point of these factions is to help eachother but who can answer me this.... When was the last time you saw a full faction team running bh's, fc's, or nirvanas????

I have hopped to and from quite a few factions this past year ranging in all different lvls and the general consensus among all of them is help yourself... So thats why you will often see me spend months at a time without a faction tab over my head. I just joined Sithis last night... And I helped out a barb who just could not get it through his head... Take the helm and the leggings and these sage books. Your gonna need em soon.... But I don't have to pay??? this is a trick right??? are you serious??? ok... but I owe you right??? b:beatup
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    What I find lul is that if factions actually spam attacked a faction there would be no way for them to hold onto every territory. Its estentially mass ankle biting. But rather than factions working like that they prefer to target weaker holding factions only to end up losing it anyways from the stronger factions attacking them having fewer holding targets to choose from.

If I'm incorrect in assuming and some sort of limit on how many factions can attack a defender is in place. This needs to change and would be effective in keeping factions from growing out of control
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    What I find lul is that if factions actually spam attacked a faction there would be no way for them to hold onto every territory. Its estentially mass ankle biting. But rather than factions working like that they prefer to target weaker holding factions only to end up losing it anyways from the stronger factions attacking them having fewer holding targets to choose from.

If I'm incorrect in assuming and some sort of limit on how many factions can attack a defender is in place. This needs to change and would be effective in keeping factions from growing out of control

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route victory (I have said that somewhere before)

We were just discussing the bids in faction chat and how its gonna play out...

On one hand you 4 factions that are attacking from 4 corners basically of the map (except the smart one that put themselves right in the middle way to plan ahead)

Then in the upper right corner you have all these groups doing infighting amongst themselves.... DumASS being attacked by Catalyst while (DumASS) attacking Crimson Who is being attacked by Zulu.... Yea wrap your head around all that and tell me what the strategy is here to take down the big one faction (Catalyst)

On the up side Catalyst is also being attacked by Mayhem, Vallhalla, BankaiGod, and Vendetta.... One of these might have a chance to win one battle... If they brought excess numbers with like geared players and equal experience....

The proper response to gaining a footing on the map would be to pour more people into the faction that does win. And go from there.

The maps is a game of chinese gho... not a chess board... In Gho you start very few or no pieces and you slowly add more till you envelope and surround your opponent... Strangling him to a defeat...

While in chess you start with many pieces and slowly widdle it down to nothing.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Not really. The group I did that with had a recruitment strategy in place where we didn't say apply at lvl 95+ sins 100+ at this website and we will review it.... We took in everyone. From the guy starting on his first day to the seasoned gamers with there own fortunes. We did an in game background check... How old are they? What part of the world do they live in? languages they speak? What factions were they apart of before this one? How long did they stay? What do other players say about this person? Why did they leave? Do they have alts in other factions?

The new players had a limited recruitment so they could be assigned with an older gamer to teach them how to play, earn money, and become self sufficient. Once that was done we would recruit a new lower lvl. Because we brought people in this way we maintained a very low turn over rate.

The old players had to acclimatize to our ranking and play style. Each person brought in was given a trial period to see how they liked us and how we could work with them.... If we brought in someone who saw themself as another chief then they would be removed from the faction. Everything was set up for the greater good of the group. While people were free to play there own way and do what they wished, we asked that they donate in some way to faction when they had the oppurtunity... So some people would collect low lvl mats on an alt, some would put cash into faction, some would farm instances, some would teach others how to lvl and progress.... It was a well organized cluster b:shutup
    i guess that works on a newer server. Sanc has too much alts to do that. It does seem like an ideal method. just a little too naive for our server. All we got are old pple pretending to be noobs >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan