Caster nirvy becoming just as bad xD

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Um, first red... You're thinking of the wrong one. Think, Slasher boss in FCC. We killed second boss before big blue thing appeared... A LOOONG time before it appeared, yeah.

As for second red... Heh. Second run, big blue circle appeared and killed 3 of the people in that squad. Same number of people, more sins, better gear, higher refines, slower run. You do the math.

People that think the second boss can be HF'd aren't people I'd ever have in my squad. And I haven't been in a squad that has failed to kill the runner boss before it AoE's in 8 months.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If blue circle are appearing or the runner boss is able to land his AoE then your run isn't exactly "fast". On Lothranis the average squads I form make it through without blue circles appearing and we either kill the runner before he can aoe or about 10 seconds after he does. I've had a few fast squads that were over in 5 minutes, would love to do some of those again b:dirty

Would be nice if people on my server would open more often... I'd love to spam some 3 man runs b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • appleminion
    appleminion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    3 man caster nirvana ftw!
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I take anyone with me, no matter what build/weapon etc. And i've yet to die in a caster nirvy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Someone on Sanc shouted thisa few mins ago:

"BH Abba lf more, pm me weapon plz"

Too bad I coudn't take a SS, I would have used it on my next sig b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Don't get why people QQ..... That is what FRIENDS and GUILDS are for... I never have crappy runs for things because I go with people I know and trust ... all of the sudden who has what kind of gear doesn't even matter anymore. It is all a matter of teamwork to gettin things done.

Pretty much this. Like I mentioned, I go to Caster Nirvana with at least one or two friends or people I've played with before that I know they have a good skill and as for the rest we just wc and get anyone (we just ask for class according to what we need).

If you're a good and skilled player, people will eventually add you to their fl for future runs.

The few times I joined some random squads, most of them didn't go that great. Point is, I don't think it's only about fast runs but also safer runs so I understand the point of asking well geared people but I do think they're exaggerating a lot of times in their requirements and weapon linking is just...I was never in favour of it. However the idea of whispering class with HP sounds kind of good actually XD
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • PoisonSword - Raging Tide
    PoisonSword - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I was off the game a few months but I hear so little people ask for caster nirvana. Does something change? No one ask for other then aps sin and veno with sage amplify dmg and normal nirvana. :D What happen when I was gone?
  • _SugaBaby_ - Harshlands
    _SugaBaby_ - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    LoL this is my story a bm shouted on wc for bm and ask for weapon and aps... Im 5 aps with +10 regicide and 2 socket garnet gem..... I got invited 3 sins and 3 bms now the bm that invited me wants me to dg first... I do not mind but when I see his weapon he is like +5 deicide with flawless garnet or a DoT.... WTF I hit way harder than him..... I should dg second or third.... Also for caster nirvy they are asking for weapon link I hope they want -channeling lol....
  • Hollyyy - Lost City
    Hollyyy - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    you know when regular nirvy started requiring everyone was aps and so casters got left out but it's crazy since even now casters have their own nirvy it's getting almost as bad idk about everyone else's server but on mine you have to have like close to +10 wep be rank 8 or already have a close to +10 nirvy.

goes to show it's not pwi it's the plays that mess that mess the game up need for speed and greed. b:laugh

Don't exaggerate the situation. What people are asking for is a reasonable amount of HP in order for your own safety and more importantly, the squad's strength. Also lets face it, all you HH 90 gold users with pissy low refines are never going to get into a squad.
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well, I've never seen any caster nirvy asking for +10 rank8or better wep yet. But I will admit to not inviting someone (who I had squaded with in warsong a few days ago, and looked at their gear). They were lvl 100, and still had TT70/mold gear on, with a lvl 79 glaives of divinity with no refines, if i recall correctly. Oh yea, they also had 2k hp. I don't ask for the best gear when running nirvy (cause I know I don't have it.) But if you're gonna FCbabe your toon up, at least keep your gears up to date.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Don't exaggerate the situation. What people are asking for is a reasonable amount of HP in order for your own safety and more importantly, the squad's strength. Also lets face it, all you HH 90 gold users with pissy low refines are never going to get into a squad.

I did nirvana runs with a +3 TT90 gold weapon (Blade of Red Dust) and crappy gear and didn't have much trouble with it. But again, as a cleric you're not expected to do much more than BB and survive the random AoE.

But I do understand the reason why R8-9 are preferred. But at least on clerics shouldn't be mandatory.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    More often than not though, I get asked to help finish a last boss where another squad quit after wiping a few too many times.

Maybe I am just blessed... but I have yet to figure out whats the big deal with the last boss. Done my fair share of caster nirvana... and have yet encounter any deaths at last boss. I actually kind of like him... free chi :P
    But I do understand the reason why R8-9 are preferred. But at least on clerics shouldn't be mandatory.

Well... once you get higher up on the food chain... there is little need for clerics to heal.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    For all you that are confused about what a fast nirvana run is it is this:

Aps nirvana a fast run is one where your buffs with 30 sec cooldowns (wolf emblem on my sin) are still in CD when you start on the next boss. Don't pay attention to your buffs that much how about this then, a fast run is a run where you kill every boss before they can use their annoying aoe seal.

Caster nirvana a fast run is one with mystics. r8/r9 sure they make things go faster too, but mystic summons DO FULL DAMAGE to bosses so with just 1 pro mystic you will have under 20 min runs. My best spaming of casters on my cleric with a 2nd cleric 2 mystics a psy and a wiz (psy and psy where r8+5, 1 mystic was tt99+7 the other r8 +4, other cleric was r8 +5 and I am tt100 +10) we did 5 runs each between 10-15 mins and believe me it was because of the mystics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Maybe I am just blessed... but I have yet to figure out whats the big deal with the last boss. Done my fair share of caster nirvana... and have yet encounter any deaths at last boss. I actually kind of like him... free chi :P

The last boss It's like the timed boss on 3-x. If you fail to kill him before a certain amount of time, he does an AoE that oneshot almost any one with HP under 4~5k even with BB up, regen it's HP and goes on a rampage until resetted.

If you reach that threshold is better to get away, let him reset and start all over than trying to take him down while he's going berserk on your squad.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    there's a good reason why ppl ask for R8/9 on caster nirv.
    Most of the casters I see around are with lvl 80 sword or TT90 swords with +3 on them, TT80 gear unrefined and with shabby HP shards, mag ornaments and so on. No one's going to take you in nirvana that way.
    A +4-5 R8 caster - take me as example - does more damage than a +10 Lunar wand/sword. TT90 and even TT99 is way below that as dmg output for magic DDs. This is the reason why having r8 is a lot of times a bare minimum for caster nirv runs. I went from 1 socket +10 lunar wand to +5 R8 sword keeping the same average magic attk but adding 2 more crits. I sold much of my wizard's gear to make my sin, but just with what I had left (bound) I'm still over 6k HP. I've been in a lot of BH100 where the casters weren't even hitting 6k HP barb buffed...
    I don't have any problems at all, even with that +5 R8 sword to get into caster nirv. average of 14.5k magic attk cleric buffed with +30lvl bless and a chi oriented genie still dishes out a **** ton of damage, specially when I can tripple spark 3 times in a 1 minute span.
    How many of those complaining about not getting into caster nirvana "cause of +10 r8/r9 requirements" are even close to my **** stats? This is pretty much an unused char now, but really, I haven't worked on her gear in 2 years and I'm still better than 90% of the casters running around on server and now complaining about not getting nirv spots? pathetic.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eldunready - Lost City
    Eldunready - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    So it seems that part of the problems that people illustrated above is with a pet peev of mine, power leveling. There should be NO caster out there who can get into NV with a 70/80 weapon. If they are in that state they are either a real doofus or power leveled, didn't do TT to get gear, and didn't buy rank. For these I have no sympathy.

Any of you who know me know that I pretty much won't refuse to help anyone in just about anything. I do, however, feel that it is reasonable to ask for party members that are equipped "reasonably" for whatever it is you are going to do, NV, TT, whatever. Do I expect them all to have the gear I have? No. But I also don't expect to be carrying all the weight. And I have no sympathy if they geared or statted such that they are squishy and die alot next to me. That was their choice. Don't hold it against them either. It's just what they have to deal with and I remember being quite squishy in the swamps and learning how to kite like a ****. So can they. Now if they are so bad the boss just destroys the party, then it's back to what I said in the beginning. Be reasonably geared for whatever you are trying to do.

I have been in quite a few regular and caster NVs with different squads and a wide variety of player gear levels. I have yet to die in a caster NV and the only regular NV deaths were either when I decided to be macho and tank thru the run bosses aoe (worked a couple times :P) or they had ME run the chests (what a big mistake). I think you can be quite successful in NV without being a pinhead about aps or +12 weapons - and shouldn't be "damager per second" anyway? I have seen some pretty pathetic damage coming from some aps chars...
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    How many of those complaining about not getting into caster nirvana "cause of +10 r8/r9 requirements" are even close to my **** stats? This is pretty much an unused char now, but really, I haven't worked on her gear in 2 years and I'm still better than 90% of the casters running around on server and now complaining about not getting nirv spots? pathetic.

It is a vicious circle. They wanna go do Nirvana to improve their gear. But they can't go to nirvana because of their gear.

Even now TT is becoming rank/aps or GTFO, so there's not much an undergeared char can do to get what he needs to improve his stuff b:surrender

Let's see if after 2x madness things slow down a lil' and people start invitin' underpowered chars again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MaidenChina - Harshlands
    MaidenChina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It is a vicious circle. They wanna go do Nirvana to improve their gear. But they can't go to nirvana because of their gear.

Even now TT is becoming rank/aps or GTFO, so there's not much an undergeared char can do to get what he needs to improve his stuff b:surrender

Let's see if after 2x madness things slow down a lil' and people start invitin' underpowered chars again.

^ This, on the head of the nail. It's insane how hard a caster has to work to get their stuff improved F2P, while an aps toon hits 90 and with BP can easily solo most instances. Then they go powerleveling alts to buff them, and ta dah, who needs a squad?

It's just not nearly as easy for the rest of us. But no matter what PWE does to fix it (lol...I know I just used the words 'fix' and 'PWE' in the same sentence--) even if they did, players are too greedy, and would find ways around it. Cheap, lazy people will always look for a way to be cheap and lazy.

Fast instance runs came with good intentions, and have ruined the spirit of the game. It used to be about beating bosses and having fun with a squad. Now it's all about who can save the most money twitching things to death.

But this is why I'm making a mystic. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out their summons do full damage, and that their solo ability is fabulous, not to mention their want in squads for their healing abilities and rez buffs.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012

It might be a cycle for you. Ever consider how the first few people who did any of the instances. I first went in to TT without TT gear. I went into abaddon/sot with tt90 xbow. I went into nirvana with lunar weapon. The new people who complains about all this **** are pathetic beyond belief. No one was there to carry my weight... I'll be damned if i am going to carry yours.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    - remove timed bosses that require the squad to be cashshoper or no-lifer

- nerf the 5aps+tripplespark(make reduce atkrate by 200%) craze

- make bosses stronger but make people be able to beat them with a good strategy and preparation.

maybe just maybe people will stop being **** damage monkeys then, will they? b:sad
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Bloody_Evga - Sanctuary
    Bloody_Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    weird my squad only takes +12 r9 chars b:victory
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    weird my squad only takes +12 r9 chars b:victory

nubga
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    - remove timed bosses that require the squad to be cashshoper or no-lifer

- make bosses stronger but make people be able to beat them with a good strategy and preparation.

I don't understand why you say make it easier and make it harder in the same post.

Wouldn't having over 5k hp, a good genie with useful skills, a stock of apothecary potions, hp charm, and maybe even getting hp/pdef buffs from friends/alts/guildbase/event pills fall under "good strategy and preparation"?

Nirvana drops are used to upgrade tt99 and Lunar gold gear. Doesn't it make sense that it requires that level of gear to complete? If you have a squad of full tt99/lunar geared people, who are prepared and know how to use their skills, you should have no problem doing caster nirvana (after you learn what to do on each boss). If you want to run caster nirvana to make money to buy tt99/lunar/r8, you're going about it backwards.

(Sure, rank 9 +12 can speed through it without any trouble, but hey, they already bought the game. "F2P" = god mode for sale)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You don't have to CS to be r9+12 blah blah blah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    No once you have better gear than most people you automatically become "cash shopper ***" no matter how much you actually spent.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You don't have to CS to be r9+12 blah blah blah.

Someone does. You may "farm" all your r9, but you're buying gold that someone bought with real money (or credit....) for the most part. How you personally acquired your gear does not change the fact that it is cash shop gear and represents thousands of dollars spent, and as such should afford a feeling of power equivalent to the cost. (before anyone gets offended, I "farm" my "cash shop" gear too....)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Someone does. You may "farm" all your r9, but you're buying gold that someone bought with real money (or credit....) for the most part. How you personally acquired your gear does not change the fact that it is cash shop gear and represents thousands of dollars spent, and as such should afford a feeling of power equivalent to the cost. (before anyone gets offended, I "farm" my "cash shop" gear too....)

By that example... everyone cash shopped their gear. Even TT99 gear require cash shop... since it seems that no one with tt90 gear is capable of farming 3-x TT anymore. And the few that does will be using token pots or charms.

• Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I lost all hope in this game when my rank 8 +8 psychic gets ignored for caster nirvana runs. Want me +10? I need 100 mil + for refines. Wanna donate? No? Didn't think so. Stop being overly picky; they didn't have to make caster nirvana.

With that being said, before I had my daughter, I used to do caster and I ran with all sorts. Ran with rank 9's, ran with those in +3 tt90's as well. Ran with those with 10k hp, ran with those with 3k hp. There was only maybe 2 runs that went horribly wrong. I was willing to give those who had less than 5k hp (I TANKED with just over 5k hp) a chance, my only requirement was to not be a moron.

Too bad player greed makes those who will run with undergeared folks few and far between.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Having to link your weapon in order to get in a squad, no matter what it is for, is stupid and ****, seriously...

it is funny how a tool that was originally given to us to help sell our itens via WC now is being used to get squad invites...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    it is funny how a tool that was originally given to us to help sell our itens via WC now is being used to get squad invites...

ISTR that item linking was at least partially an anti-scamming mechanism. "Link it first, please," fixed a LOT of issues with people claiming to not get what was promised.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com