Caster nirvy becoming just as bad xD

Comments

• Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    just go with friends/faction mates. usually I just get an asortment of classes. I do take people with 4k hp sometimes but that's when I have noone from fl/faction that wanna join so i wc and get these random undergeared/refine people. but when i wc i dont ask people to link their weap. i just take whoever pms me first regardless class. its fun to gamble. i hate people who mooch the people that die 90% of the time in caster nirvana. get ur gear to par at least and be considerate that people are puting up with you dying lol every 5 seconds cos ur hp is lol low as shiet.

I can tell you I +5/6 all my gears with just mirages( exclude the wepon) and you get those free from faerie boxes. It is not hard.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    LOL @ r8 being over-rated. Before I had r8 I had 99gold sword and it was 2 sock +5 with a saph gem and a perf saph.. It did significant less damage than the unrefined r8 when I got that. R8 is cheaper than ever and does lots more damage. +r8 ring

However I still think tt99 is fine for caster nirvy.

That's not quite the point.

If someone has TT99+5, is the run gonna take 2 hours?

A +10 R8 bow has way higher weapon base damage than a +10 HS, but I'd still perfer my HS in TW for the proc (gonna go for Nirvana G15 for higher weapon damage and advanced proc when I eventually have billions of coins to waste).

I dunno. I don't really care what other people have for gear, as long as they have enough HP to survive, and they don't have a Wheel of Fate at level 100.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think it's funny and solid proof that the APS in this game isn't causing the bad blood over nirvy, but the people behind it. You guys finally got your instance to go and have fun, and all the casters are becoming just as snotty as the higher refined APS people.

Fix the people, you fix the game :)
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • makenshi2227
    makenshi2227 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think it's funny and solid proof that the APS in this game isn't causing the bad blood over nirvy, but the people behind it. You guys finally got your instance to go and have fun, and all the casters are becoming just as snotty as the higher refined APS people.

Exactly!!! b:victory
    edited January 2012

Nirvana isn't really 'fun'. It's 10-15 minutes of 'stab this', mat split, go again. It's money making.

And that really is what caused the 'bad blood' in this game. people are greedy, and watnt to make money. Whatever.

While I want to make money, I also want to just freaking play. no use accumulating trillions of coins and thousands of gold if there's nothign to do with it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I kinda find this funny...
    Last 2x... (during november and leaking into october?) I spent the whole month trying to get money for r8 and nix whenever those went on sale. I farmed regular nv. With a veno with TT99 + 5 weap b:chuckle by the time it was on sale (gold price wasnt so high) I got r8, +4 the weap with mirages.
    Then by the time I stopped trading in talisman for subs and reluctantly went on some casters with some of the rare few who did it (Drops sucked back then. Last boss wasn't even guaranteed 6 drops) But with that it helped me make a lot of my gear better. Not too long ago when D*Orbs first went on sale I got +7.. through caster nv runs. I havent been in normal nv since like the start of this 2x.
    The first and last caster nv I did with HH99+5 weap was fail. My hp sucked back then, so did the damage. We couldnt kill the bosses in time cause the average refines and **** werent too good, we had 1 cleric and absolutely no idea what to do. I sorta avoided caster since that experience, it was pointless charm ****.
    After I got my r8, a r8 psy and cleric convinced me to come because they needed a veno and I found out caster nv wasnt as bad as I thought. We were doing it when it wasnt 2x and making about 500k each a run. Not much, but enough to get by and improve gear with since I'd gotten to lazy to farm TT.

Even though I was sorta a leech back when I was using my TT99 weap to get my r8 I sorta dislike having people with TT99 weaps in caster unless its a really good cleric. Good cleric. Not the one that dies and I might as well just have them "DD" and the boss tick my charm. People also dont generally care about venos weap but that makes me laugh.. if I run with 1 other veno they nearly never spark, and still leave the amping/SDing/purging to me.. I gain chi so fast as a veno I used to like to brag I could pass a spark, triple spark, and pass another spark but this is too demanding of most venos.

So part of it is weapon matters, 2 parts skill, and 1 part survivability... I want people to deal damage, know how to play their class and actually live cause I hate solo-tanking second to last boss that doesnt even need domain but everyone insists it does, last boss that gets like 300k hp if someone flops (not sure on hp, been a while since I noticed anyone die) Unlike normal nv, I find casters more challenging cause it isnt just spark macro , oh and doing your spark macro again when you get sealed. Excuse me if I'm not thrilled to run with people with ~2,000 less hp than me, and uber cheap weaps my weap was better than at +0. I'm usually lenient though unless someones doing things that are plain stupid... and I know all the same stupid things everyone does-I've been running casters a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    @ Sarra
    R8 vs Lunar is different for casters. We have no special procs. We only deal in damage output per cast, which is amplified by the % weapon damage mod on our casts. The difference between tt99 and r8 is much higher considering the formula for spells. Rank 8 clearly wins in every instance, even Venos with their crappy +phys att add on Pataka. Rank 8 is not overrated, and since this thread is dedicated to Caster Nirvana, no1 curr what you prefer for TW.

I prefer Caster Vana to Regular Nirvana because a) I get to use the toon I've spent a year gearing up instead of my aps alt, and b) with a decent squad it'll give twice the drops as a normal vana during the same time period. Squad makeup is sorta important to Caster Nirvana, I'd say moreso than regular nirvana (2 sins + BM + 3 of ANYTHING for 10 min runs). But more than your damage, I'd rather have people tell me their HP. You're not doing any DD when you're dead, and in the last boss when you die you heal the damn thing. Nothing makes me groan more than almost killing last boss to have the tt90 wearing (insert class here) get 1 shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I don't do random WC squads, but I could only imagine the trouble I'd have trying to explain that as an archer, I'd still most likely out DD most of the squad.

I've sort of wondered how well I'd do with 5 a/s dealing damage with Blazing Arrow, Frostblade, and Death River Toxin.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    I've sort of wondered how well I'd do with 5 a/s dealing damage with Blazing Arrow, Frostblade, and Death River Toxin.

We had an archer try that and he was hitting 1k per hit about. 5k per second?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    We had an archer try that and he was hitting 1k per hit about. 5k per second?

i have hit 9k a hit in caster nv using drakes breath bash, frostblade, Death river Toxin and 2 G12 metal and earth shards in a +7 cv claw this without spark so correct me if i am wrong but i had whole run aggro from +12 rank9 wizzy's
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    i have hit 9k a hit in caster nv using drakes breath bash, frostblade, Death river Toxin and 2 G12 metal and earth shards in a +7 cv claw this without spark so correct me if i am wrong but i had whole run aggro from +12 rank9 wizzy's

Sincerely doubt it. The 1k per hit was a 5.0 sparked r9 Archer with Nirvana Claws. DBB last for 15 seconds and requires 2 sparks. Channel Cancelling is fixed so, yeah. Dead River Toxin lasts for 2 minutes, so it is probably spammable.

If anyone would like to test further feel free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Though with the current gold prices it isn't actually cheaper, its more expensive. R8 = 8k badges with current gold prices 129600000 is the price, a year ago it would cost half of that. So all the lazy people who want their gear handed to them wont have r8 because they qq its too expensive.

Agreed it is a lot more now. I got my r8 back when it was A LOT cheaper (my r9 wep too). I was lucky not to have been slacking at the time. But nirvana I think is more closely matched to r8 in damage, and that is what you'd get after tt99 gold. That would cost 270m for g15 or 180m for g13. Quite frankly Id just go r8 and farm nirvy for my r9 if I had to do right now.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    you know when regular nirvy started requiring everyone was aps and so casters got left out but it's crazy since even now casters have their own nirvy it's getting almost as bad idk about everyone else's server but on mine you have to have like close to +10 wep be rank 8 or already have a close to +10 nirvy.

goes to show it's not pwi it's the plays that mess that mess the game up need for speed and greed. b:laugh

LOL yeah yeah LOL fail casters...now they see the coin rush..with their lil talisman glitch..yo dev's fix it lolz
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    LOL yeah yeah LOL fail casters...now they see the coin rush..with their lil talisman glitch..yo dev's fix it lolz

Good luck with that. Just think of how long it took them to fix goons b:chuckle

Also, you mad cause casters can spam vana as long as they got keys like aps folk? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    +1 To this, first caster vana I ever did the squad wiped a ridiculous amount of times, it was terrible, and all because no matter how hard we tried we didn't have the DD to get those bosses down quick enough, 1-2 +10 weapons were not enough, the bosses would just destroy us and we gave up. >.>; Since then I refuse to go with a squad that has less refined gear.

2 +10 weapons and still humiliating defeat?

:|

and furthermore your only solution is to refine so high that your DD power becomes idiot proof?...
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    2 +10 weapons and still humiliating defeat?

:|

and furthermore your only solution is to refine so high that your DD power becomes idiot proof?...

No, but without the DD power to take down the boss and the HP from better gear/refines, your squad is going to fail more often than not if it was higher refined, yes there are idiots in every walk of life with ridiculous gear that doesn't know how to use it, but that is not the point. The point is, without the HP and without the weapon damage there is no point in going for me. Especially me as a veno, if its going to be a super slow run with a ton of charm **** (even more so because I'm LA), I'd much rather farm with the APS crowd.
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    well simply put some people just suck. i go with groups with a min of +5 TT99 or +3 r8. and so long as we got 1 veno 1 cleric 1 mystic 3 *insert dps here* we've yet to fail. had a full +5ish squad most with TT99 just last night, only wiped once on the last boss and that was only because they weren't focusing the mob when it spawned *and that was without a veno*

all in all, asking for +10 or higher refine is just when people are to dumb and have no idea what their doing.
  • Shoyahz - Heavens Tear
    Shoyahz - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Honestly, if I decide to join a party that's asking for a weapon req, I tell them it's good enough. If they decide to turn me down, they turned down a +11 r9 wiz. Sucks to be them.

More often than not though, I get asked to help finish a last boss where another squad quit after wiping a few too many times.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    thumbs wrote: »
    Am I the only one that cares if they have a blessing or not?

I suppose the ones complaining also want free power leveling, and tt drops farmed for them?

What I love is being turned down for not having a Jones, while in a healing role (irrelevant to NV as I haven't bothered hitting 100 yet, but still relevant to your base question). It's a sign that people don't know how to play the game, much of the time, when they rely on their blessings and require their squadmates to do the same.

I know more than a couple of people who do Caster NV quite a bit and who don't use blessings. If you're gonna be turning down a R9 wiz (for example) who doesn't use Facebook, you don't deserve to have the player. b:victory
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This squad finished caster nirvana twice without a problem.

Veno - TT99 +3
    Veno - LA, TT99+7
    Veno - R8+5
    Cleric - R8+9 (pretty much BB all the time)
    Mystic - TT99 +5or3 id remember
    Mystic - r8+5

Also had a squad with 1 veno, 4 mystic and 1 cleric. Was faster than a squad with 2 r9+12 and 1 r9+10. b:laugh
    Know your class and don't expect to faceroll through caster nirvana.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Just a quick word, people think that high aps is for profit making run. As a caster class, do a run with any aps in the squad, with any gear, in short no requirements to enter the squad. That run will end up failing or super long with multiple squads wipes and numerous deaths. I know the pain because my 0~3.33 aps runs were horrible, lost 30 keys where squads did not finish, most quit by 3rd~4th boss.

Having high aps is similar to having r8 gear, good weapon refines. It ensure everyone survives and the instance is finished. If the above squad makes it a pain, why run that thing, find something more fun to do in the game.
  • Theoclese - Harshlands
    Theoclese - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    What I love is being turned down for not having a Jones, while in a healing role (irrelevant to NV as I haven't bothered hitting 100 yet, but still relevant to your base question). It's a sign that people don't know how to play the game, much of the time, when they rely on their blessings and require their squadmates to do the same.

I know more than a couple of people who do Caster NV quite a bit and who don't use blessings. If you're gonna be turning down a R9 wiz (for example) who doesn't use Facebook, you don't deserve to have the player. b:victory

hmm, you do know that you can make a faceless, nameless, FB account with no friends and still get a blessing right? IJS, it si not too hard, you don't even ever have to use the damn account for real b:laughb:victory
  • Theoclese - Harshlands
    Theoclese - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    jabq wrote: »
    Just a quick word, people think that high aps is for profit making run. As a caster class, do a run with any aps in the squad, with any gear, in short no requirements to enter the squad. That run will end up failing or super long with multiple squads wipes and numerous deaths. I know the pain because my 0~3.33 aps runs were horrible, lost 30 keys where squads did not finish, most quit by 3rd~4th boss.

Having high aps is similar to having r8 gear, good weapon refines. It ensure everyone survives and the instance is finished. If the above squad makes it a pain, why run that thing, find something more fun to do in the game.

3.33 r8+10 FTW, just saying my friend
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    3.33 r8+10 FTW, just saying my friend

b:dirty b:cute b:victory

2.86, GV 0 refine, no shard, tt90 gear is what i was thinking about.
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Don't get why people QQ..... That is what FRIENDS and GUILDS are for... I never have crappy runs for things because I go with people I know and trust ... all of the sudden who has what kind of gear doesn't even matter anymore. It is all a matter of teamwork to gettin things done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
    edited January 2012
    jabq wrote: »

The third Nirvana I ever did was in a squad of 3 sins, 2 BM's, and a Cleric.

I had by far the most HP, highest refined gear, and highest grade weapon. One BM had +4 Deicides, 7k HP, the other +5 G13 claw, +3 or +5. One sin actually had Lunar daggers, +7, the other had R8, but they were +2 or something like that. And uh, the Cleric was r9+12, but that doesn't really count in this case becuase he was in a bubble. A bubble that was blue.

The run was very fast, nobody died except me (rubberbanded when whatever that boss is did the oneshot AOE).

The next run I did was with 4 sins, a BM, and a Cleric. Everyone had +8 or better G13 or better gear, but it was... What's that song? Let the Bodies hit the floor... Second boss was just an *** QQ and BM's HF was either resisted or HF missed >_>

So yeah, I don't really care what the gear is of the players, or the APS. I'm Sage 4.0 with +10 G13 daggers, and normally I end up with aggro anyway.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The third Nirvana I ever did was in a squad of 3 sins, 2 BM's, and a Cleric.

I had by far the most HP, highest refined gear, and highest grade weapon. One BM had +4 Deicides, 7k HP, the other +5 G13 claw, +3 or +5. One sin actually had Lunar daggers, +7, the other had R8, but they were +2 or something like that. And uh, the Cleric was r9+12, but that doesn't really count in this case becuase he was in a bubble. A bubble that was blue.

The run was very fast, nobody died except me (rubberbanded when whatever that boss is did the oneshot AOE).

The next run I did was with 4 sins, a BM, and a Cleric. Everyone had +8 or better G13 or better gear, but it was... What's that song? Let the Bodies hit the floor... Second boss was just an *** QQ and BM's HF was either resisted or HF missed >_>

So yeah, I don't really care what the gear is of the players, or the APS. I'm Sage 4.0 with +10 G13 daggers, and normally I end up with aggro anyway.

First two reds, no that's not a "fast" run.

Second red ...... just going to let it be red. Anyone that isn't an idiot will know why it's red.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • breeeezy87
    breeeezy87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I've done a lot of caster nirvy during this 2x on dreamweaver and have never asked for +10 weapons let alone for people to even link their weapons. Most often the one's asking for high refines or to link a weapon are doing so to make up for their own lack of gear/skill. I can just as easily find ppl to duo or trio regular nirvy but having a full squad makes the game more fun and let's you get to the people playing on your server. Casters is soloable for my char yet i choose to play for more fun.

Most interesting squad i went with was 5/6 r8 or lower +6 max refines 4-5k hp.

3 clerics
    2 venos
    1 seeker

The run took about 30mins but was pretty fun and interesting.

Caster nirvy is more about how you build your squad than how much you're refined. My ideal squad is

1 cleric
    1 mystic
    1 seeker
    1 wiz
    1 psy
    1 veno

Build a diverse squad and your runs should be sub 20mins regardless of gear.
    edited January 2012
    First two reds, no that's not a "fast" run.

Second red ...... just going to let it be red. Anyone that isn't an idiot will know why it's red.

Um, first red... You're thinking of the wrong one. Think, Slasher boss in FCC. We killed second boss before big blue thing appeared... A LOOONG time before it appeared, yeah.

As for second red... Heh. Second run, big blue circle appeared and killed 3 of the people in that squad. Same number of people, more sins, better gear, higher refines, slower run. You do the math.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    hmm, you do know that you can make a faceless, nameless, FB account with no friends and still get a blessing right? IJS, it si not too hard, you don't even ever have to use the damn account for real b:laughb:victory

Some of us don't even have access to Facebook. b:victory
    C:\>nslookup www.facebook.com
    Server:  dnsserver
    Address:  172.30.x.y

*** dnsserver can't find www.facebook.com: Non-existent domain

But yeah. You DO realize that heals aren't affected by attack level, right? b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com