Caster nirvy becoming just as bad xD

makenshi2227
makenshi2227 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
you know when regular nirvy started requiring everyone was aps and so casters got left out but it's crazy since even now casters have their own nirvy it's getting almost as bad idk about everyone else's server but on mine you have to have like close to +10 wep be rank 8 or already have a close to +10 nirvy.

goes to show it's not pwi it's the plays that mess that mess the game up need for speed and greed. b:laugh
Post edited by makenshi2227 on

Comments

• SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    From what Ive seen as of late, the squads that ask for a weapon link usually want casters with TT99 or higher. Ive yet to see someone ask for R8/9/Nirvana(?) only with +10 refines...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquaryah - Sanctuary
    Aquaryah - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I have never done a regular vana without a couple high aps people, so I don't really understand the bosses and how bad they could be after a certain amount of time. Buuuuut I can understand why there's certain "requirements" for squads for caster. The third and the last boss are bishes if you can't take them out in a certain amount of time, and lowish refined weapons kind of slow the killing process. b:surrender

How I see it, for caster, it's a survival thing; The faster you kill the bosses, the longer you survive. As for regular, again how I see it since I don't really know, it's for profit; The faster you run through, the more money you make.
    Lvl 101 Psy - Aquaryah - Sanctuary (Main)
    Lvl 101 Cleric - Nevarya - Sanctuary (Buff&BB Slave)
    Lvl 86 Sin - Luna - Raging Tides (Retired)
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I have never done a regular vana without a couple high aps people, so I don't really understand the bosses and how bad they could be after a certain amount of time. Buuuuut I can understand why there's certain "requirements" for squads for caster. The third and the last boss are bishes if you can't take them out in a certain amount of time, and lowish refined weapons kind of slow the killing process. b:surrender

How I see it, for caster, it's a survival thing; The faster you kill the bosses, the longer you survive. As for regular, again how I see it since I don't really know, it's for profit; The faster you run through, the more money you make.

+1 To this, first caster vana I ever did the squad wiped a ridiculous amount of times, it was terrible, and all because no matter how hard we tried we didn't have the DD to get those bosses down quick enough, 1-2 +10 weapons were not enough, the bosses would just destroy us and we gave up. >.>; Since then I refuse to go with a squad that has less refined gear.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    R8 should be the minimum for casters. Would be more money for pwi too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I usually don't ask for weapons, since firepower is mostly not really the problem. What I ask for is a minimum of 5k hp. I really don't understand how you can have less as a 100+ caster. I sometimes invite people and see they got less thaan 4k hp.. I mean refining is as easy and cheap as never before with event gold and cheap mirages and you dont HAVE to go pure mag, you can always put in like 50 vit points if you don't have the gear to survive otherwise. It's just not helping at all if you chain die at the last boss to every aoe, healing him in the meantime...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    8 minutes caster nirvana runs, what are u talking about? b:avoid
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Unless you had over 10k hp, you're just going to get 2 shotted once you pass the time limit. Good luck soloing the boss that just regained 1m hp and is now spamming the same charm **** attack every minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MaidenChina - Harshlands
    MaidenChina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    R8 should be the minimum for casters. Would be more money for pwi too.

Yes, because OBVIOUSLY PWE needs more money. I don't think the constant pack and rank sales are generating enough. b:sweat

Clearly PWE needs to kick everybody who hasn't gotten R8 yet. After all, they're so broke.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Am I the only one that cares if they have a blessing or not?

I suppose the ones complaining also want free power leveling, and tt drops farmed for them?
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i knew many casters who do not have more then 4k hp.

vana is for profit its the best way a f2p have to make coin in the game.

aside from that ppl have this mentallity about refining there weapon +10 and keeping there armor +2 so i dono what you guys are btching about i even think this is norm why now.

its how aps have 5 aps sparked barbs barely have 10k hp standing and bm and sin less.

10k hp barbs in humanform is always gona look like sht no mater there aps
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I do see people asking for wep. Yea I think that sucks too. I have done both kinds of runs, answered to wc once asking for wep link and random groups. When I saw the wep of the wc person I LOL's because his wep was like blah after him asking for wep links.
    Unless you had over 10k hp, you're just going to get 2 shotted once you pass the time limit. Good luck soloing the boss that just regained 1m hp and is now spamming the same charm **** attack every minute.

That last boss seems to have directional aoe. We did a run with everyone but me wiping and after I ressed them I tanked and they attacked from his back, no more deaths. The hp debuff still gets them but the other no. We only had 4 people for that run. I dont think wep matters too much. I have r9+11 but the veno I think had r8 +5 and didnt see the others.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I usually don't ask for weapons, since firepower is mostly not really the problem. What I ask for is a minimum of 5k hp.

I got 4.7k hp on mystic, that being a r8, decently refined character. Yes, I am pure magic, but I usually don't die o_o

I can understand why people ask for linking weapon. I had my share of crappy runs too.
    And considering what you meet in BH sometimes (tt99 +2, wizards with level 50ish channeling ornaments or less than 4k hp even...), I understand. Those people would be more of a brick to the knee than helpful in caster vana.

If you're a non r8 person and asking for r8+... well, you're an idiot. Get it yourself if yo uwant it that bad. lol Same like for those 5.0 +10 people. Be it yourself or you're just a moron requesting it XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2012

I got 4.7k hp on mystic, that being a r8, decently refined character. Yes, I am pure magic, but I usually don't die o_o

Well, I would not deny a person with 4.7k. Not ******** around because of 300 hp. Most classes can survive with 4k hp just fine if they know what they are doing and use their defensive skills and genie. Problem is quite frankly, most people don't know what to do to survive, when to domain, top etc... That's why i usually ask for a little more hp for security. Hell I had 53 base vit on this wizard till I was 7k hp pure magic because I don't like being too squishy...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    seen a +5 deicide bm asking for +10 sin for 3man nirvana - wat?

i asked for +10 caster nirvana once and got hatin' all over in pms b:chuckle

oh and i saw Eziquil (full+10?, r9, charmed) die on second boss - how did he do that? HOW?
    b:laugh
    i like potato
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Although it's harsh towards the other, there is quite a point to it. If there's not enough DD power and if the players don't have the HP (or skill) to survive and die too much the run it going to be a pain.

I find myself checking the HP of caster classes often as well, especially when I don't know if their skill is good enough. As for myself, I usually form squads with at least a friend or two in there. I rarely join randoms just because Caster Nirvana is pretty challenging compared to the normal one considering that there will be no BM/Sin/Barb to save you from that boss but you have to face it yourself.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    R8 is overrated.

TT99 or Nirvana weapon is fine.

Using a damn Wheel of Fate, though, is not okay. "But it has -channeling". Go DIAF.

Wheel of Fate +10 for the epic fail.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Dabdoub - Lothranis
    Dabdoub - Lothranis Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    True, now they ask for r8 +5 at least , what those ppl who have 2-3 or even 4 arcanes in same account have to do , buy r8 for each char ? tt 99 or nirvana gear is much better b:bye
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    all you need to do caster vana is TT99/lunar ~+3, ~4.5k hp, 2 heavy DDs and 2 Clerics and you should be fine if careful and everyone has AD on genie, but yeah with normal vana none of the bosses frenzy or have anywhere near as dangerous adds (3rd boss) so speed and power are needed to do the instance and not just of impatient people like in aps vana
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    LOL @ r8 being over-rated. Before I had r8 I had 99gold sword and it was 2 sock +5 with a saph gem and a perf saph.. It did significant less damage than the unrefined r8 when I got that. R8 is cheaper than ever and does lots more damage. +r8 ring

However I still think tt99 is fine for caster nirvy.
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    Cedro - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I go to caster vana with any squad, I don't mind gears, but I prefer people that I can trust so I usually go with friends, I don't have much time to play lately though b:surrender

I don't mind if is a bit slow or is very fast, is fun anyway and we make a lot of cash. Also helping people is always nice, gotta love when at the end of a few runs the share for everyone is over 10 Millions. b:thanks

I also don't mind if the last boss kills everyone and go into frenzy mode, if the squad is taking too much damage I usually lure him away so I can go 1 vs 1 against it and reduce most of the damage my squad gets, I will take him down anyway, regardless of his state, HP or debuffs. b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    idc too too much about wep if you're a cleric/veno/mystic, but I don't really take under like r8+5 for psys/wizzies. I hate taking people with under 5k HP though. Too many times when caster first came out would I end up with a squad that just wiped on last boss...leaving me to solo the damn thing. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I don't know why people are surprised about this. Casters are just as capable of being elitist as melees.

I've actually seen people wanting only R9 for it. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    all you need to do caster vana is TT99/lunar ~+3, ~4.5k hp, 2 heavy DDs and 2 Clerics and you should be fine

Here is a question for you. How much damage can tt99/lunar do anyways? Can tt99 even break 10k base damage with +30 blessing? My base damage breaks 40k with blessing. So its safe to assume that I am doing a good 3-4 times more damage then whatever TT99 happens to be in the squad. Unless I personally know them and are on pretty good terms... why would I do at least 3 times more work for equal share?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • makenshi2227
    makenshi2227 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Idk maybe it's just me but it's crazy because for the longest time all you heard was caster QQ
    because they couldn't get into nirvy cause they didn't do enough dmg and blah blah blah QQQQQQQQ but now it's like the shoe is on the other foot and their doing it. instead of using some skill or working something out it's just have uber gear or gtfo. it just seems a little hypocritical to me.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Idk maybe it's just me but it's crazy because for the longest time all you heard was caster QQ
    because they couldn't get into nirvy cause they didn't do enough dmg and blah blah blah QQQQQQQQ but now it's like the shoe is on the other foot and their doing it. instead of using some skill or working something out it's just have uber gear or gtfo. it just seems a little hypocritical to me.

I'll run with undergeared friends/faction mates as long as the squad will be able to complete the instance. (If we can't complete it there's no point in wasting our talismans). But I don't understand the mentality that some people have where they think that just because they're now 100 they're entitled to go to Nirvana, regardless of their gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    eh i've never been a fan of asking links of ppl's weapens , just dun like it ;o
    the usually thing i'd do is ask ppl i know (fac or fl )who are well geared enough 2-3 of them just so i can be certain of enough dd power then i wouldn't mind taking lesser geared ppl i mean you gotta farm first to get better gear, personally not a fan of tt is why i spend times in vana.
    as for random squads i dont do tht anymore lol.. i've done it once ina squad where ppl average hp's were around 4.5K you can imagen what the aoes did to that Lol.
    edit~ and +1 Tsukyini i dont get it either lols
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Here's an idea for PWI development team: Rank Nirvana. You can't enter unless you have rank gears.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    2 R9 +12 psy, R8 +12 psy, R8 +10 psy, G15+12 veno, R8+5 cleric = 8 minutes run

OMFG what if we had a wiz D:

b:pleased
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I don't do random WC squads, but I could only imagine the trouble I'd have trying to explain that as an archer, I'd still most likely out DD most of the squad.

Played properly, an Archer can pump out some decent elemental DD. Sages have the upper hand here with better cool down and more Chi generation. I use a 7.3 second looping macro that runs through 3 100% elemental skills plus Quickshot for timing and Chi. The only runs that I'm not holding primary aggro are those with arcanes that have weapons equivalent to mine, which usually isn't the case.

With my +12 R9 bow, I've out DDed a +12 G15 NV Veno, aggro ponged with +10 R9 cleric (who had the benefit of my 50% Metal debuff), and fared well enough against a +12 R9 Wiz to hold aggro at times.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    LOL @ r8 being over-rated. Before I had r8 I had 99gold sword and it was 2 sock +5 with a saph gem and a perf saph.. It did significant less damage than the unrefined r8 when I got that. R8 is cheaper than ever and does lots more damage. +r8 ring

However I still think tt99 is fine for caster nirvy.

Though with the current gold prices it isn't actually cheaper, its more expensive. R8 = 8k badges with current gold prices 129600000 is the price, a year ago it would cost half of that. So all the lazy people who want their gear handed to them wont have r8 because they qq its too expensive.