[Review] some positivly negative criticism on the mystic class.

Options

Comments

• OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Umm paying to get plvled doesnt exactly fall under "experience" I see you on WC asking for plvlers all the time...
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Umm paying to get plvled doesnt exactly fall under "experience" I see you on WC asking for plvlers all the time...

i WC a total of 10 times on 1 day because i only bought 10 teles on this character. so saying "all the time" is a supreme lie on ur partb:chuckle

also paying 600-800k for heads till end is hardly expensive. and aside from plvls i also do BHes/cultis/etc whenever i cant find a plvler or to lazy to look for one.

if i truly wanted hardcore plvling id be your level right nowb:chuckle

not as bad as u despratly wanting rank 9 tho after u paid so much money to get it even tho u dont pvp.
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

oh please. just because i love something doesnt mean i cant critize it. the class needs improvements and you have to learn to stick up for the class u like rather then become blind to all of the negatives of the class just because u like it like some ppl have.

start waking up. if u love the class so much then start noticing the bad things about it and voice ur opinion.

No, if you love something your supposed to notice the good things about it... not start a thread stating everything that's wrong with it. I still stand by what I say. Honestly it seems your just looking for something to whine about. Maybe you should play a different class since you have so many negative views about this one.

And, btw I do love this class... so much so, that I could get drunk off of mana pots because I litterally drink that many. So to me the only negative thing is the mana usage... but guess what? I only QQed about mana before lvl 75. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way mystics work in general.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No, if you love something your supposed to notice the good things about it... not start a thread stating everything that's wrong with it. I still stand by what I say. Honestly it seems your just looking for something to whine about. Maybe you should play a different class since you have so many negative views about this one.

And, btw I do love this class... so much so, that I could get drunk off of mana pots because I litterally drink that many. So to me the only negative thing is the mana usage... but guess what? I only QQed about mana before lvl 75. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way mystics work in general.

are you serious? i litterally only have 2 issues with mystics that i stated in the OP and that i res-stated a few posts above yours. those 2 issues are plants and the stats of summons. the hell is wrong with you ppl? do u not think or whatb:shocked

what it really seems like is that you cant take criticism of your own class which sounds like a personal problem to me. if u cant take the heat then gtfo of the kitchen. the kitchen being my thread.
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i WC a total of 10 times on 1 day because i only bought 10 teles on this character. so saying "all the time" is a supreme lie on ur partb:chuckle

also paying 600-800k for heads till end is hardly expensive. and aside from plvls i also do BHes/cultis/etc whenever i cant find a plvler or to lazy to look for one.

if i truly wanted hardcore plvling id be your level right nowb:chuckle

not as bad as u despratly wanting rank 9 tho after u paid so much money to get it even tho u dont pvp.

umm even it was 10 times or 100 times, you still did it and continue doing it and i never said it was expensive to pay for plvls nor do i care. Secondly, I didn't get plvled i actually played my class and learned proper playing styles instead of claiming to know everything about a Mystic at lvl45 (Barunaa for those who don't know) and disregarding everyone else who had opinion. These being people who actually "played" the class and didn't just read what skills do and expect to know it all. AND how are you so sure i dont pvp? I've ran into you one time in game...one time...biotch you don't know jack **** about me.
  • ultimateonion
    ultimateonion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I love Mystics. "Jack of all trades" is actually an understatement (I will explain why).
    This thread has a lot of complaints and people point out "flaws" this class seems to have. Presonally I think people just close their eyes for the advantages of a Mystic and just QQ around a lot without even thinking that there might be a point to it. If some would just get to know the skills, spend some time to actually play a Mystic and gain experience... Well, maybe there wouldn't be so much complaints because they would know how to either avoid "problems" or develop a playing-style where those problems don't really accure.
    [Don't be offended. Citicism is totally fine! But no QQ ;) b:chuckle]

Maybe I'm able to get another view on this (lovely) "flaws" we have:

- Massive MP-drain: YES, it is true that we're almost always low on MP. We just pour that MP-liquid down our throats and try not to choke on it. BUT you have to admit, that the skills are worth it. Also you can get a skill at lvl 79 that gives you MP back [current mana +2k] and although it has a cooldown of 5 minutes (long long cooldown) it can be a help, if you use it at the right time. Furthermore you can use Devine-Quest-Pots that are a actually for free and add herbs (50 herbs for ~30k - you get that sum in a few minutes). You can use both potions at the same time, so you regain your mana in an instant. Problem solved.

- Herbs need Demon/Sage: They do. Period. Let's just wait, maybe we're lucky.

- Pets need buffs: Huh, a slight buff would be awesome of course but actually i can live without it so far. As long as my Devil can tank solo 3-1 I'm fine. Other than in this situation, when does your pet actually tank (except mobs)? Not too often, I guess. Also there are only few bosses who oneshot your pet, so you're fine with your pet-heal.

- MOAR DD-skills pls!: It is ture, that we have our spam-skill a.k.a Nature's Vengeance. I'm fine with it, to be honest. You have to: heal your pet, (support-)heal your squad, heal yourself, cast herbs (lyse, recast), cast falling petals now and then (on you and others), command pet, DD - we should be glad we have this very fast spam-skill we can use between those actions. There is always plenty to do and actually my skillbars are full, so I'm happy with my good old reliable NV. It would be awesome if we had a stronger AOE or at least a little less cooldown on Mistress' AOE and gale force. Other than that, we're fine.

- Stronger heals: That would be almost unfair: Falling Petals, Vital + Healing Herb, Shield, Break in the Clouds - try to die. If you go Sage your Break in the Clouds even has a chance to purify. OP much. I can't really comment on the lvl 100 healing-skill as i don't have it yet but in the skill description the heal is called powerful.

So if we eradicate all the "flaws" a Mystic has this class would be pretty much overpowered and this is not the point in a game. We would get a Clerivenowizarb, could easily make "all-mystic-squads" and run havoc [b:chuckle I'm getting dramatic, ignore that]. Mystics are very versitile and can change their roles in a squad in a second. Either you go to support your squad and be a life-saver [had that too often] or you go and deal damage, if no support is needed.
    Especially in instances i mostly get those comments: Mystic!
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    Eniyo - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    [the post above me is mine and some of it was just gone, so here is the rest]

Especially in instances i mostly get those comments: Mystic! :D
    I've run a FC with a fellow Mystic once and it was the fastest run i've ever had (2x Mystic, Veno, Bm, Seeker, Sin), so it's not like we're a "useless" class in instances. Even with a Cleric in squad there is much to do because most ppl just rush. It takes a lot of weight off the Cleric's shoulders to have a support.
    To put it in a nutshell: Mystics are fine the way they are. There are some features that need to be updated/added (sage/demon herb) but even without those it's still a great class.

TL, DR: Mystics <3 b:chuckle
  • /eren - Dreamweaver3
    /eren - Dreamweaver3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    regarding the plants and sage/demon abilities. I could see this as viable if they added like one thing to the plants Lysing. for instance if you use lysing on punishing sting sage version added a short stun and demon version changed it from 4x damage to 6x or something. most mystics i talk to agree it would be nice just not necessarily needed.

regarding summons needing buffs....why? you aren't a venomancer you dont rely on pets (even though many venos are going HA and dont rely on them either) once you get to decently high in level your gear gives the summons enough of a boost on its own to handle most situations almost without heals IF you dont rely on them. I pretty much stopped using my devil for anything but pulling mobs. I use mistress alot now cuz mana is not an issue after 75 and salvy cuz I'm just far better a tank myself.

here is a better suggestion for summons than needing buffs: stop the dang catas in TW from killing them. you want a painful situation try to take on a barb with a cata. you can effectively knock it back and freeze it in place and all that good stuff and heck barbs dont hit too terribly hard you can probably stall one out or kill it solo.....till that cata behind it 1 shots your salvation which was keeping you alive. want to use devil to stun someone near the barb? nope. want to aoe the whole mass around the barb? dont bother with mistress and odds are cragglord might get off an attack but that cata will 1 shot it too. and no you are not safe when the cata is targeting a tower or even your crystal. they will actually pause the attack turn toward you and launch a boulder of death at that poor unsuspecting soul following right behind you

Oh I have played a mystic since they came out and by played I mean I have only been in fc with it like twice so I have plenty of experience behind me.
    ~Who is this Jack you speak of and why should I care about what he has to trade?~
    I am \/eren I roll my own way.
    I have a third eye not some stupid ear feathers >:3
    It's a summon. It's doesn't need fed to be happy like the monster you tamed and it talks to me! Its said I should kill you.
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Secondly, I didn't get plvled i actually played my class and learned proper playing styles instead of claiming to know everything about a Mystic at lvl45 (Barunaa for those who don't know) and disregarding everyone else who had opinion.

I believe every word of that and I've only been on one FF with you on your psy :D Its clear who is plvled and who isn't and you my friend are not one of those fail nubs... makes me wish I recorded the tankbarbpsy in action QQ
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I believe every word of that and I've only been on one FF with you on your psy :D Its clear who is plvled and who isn't and you my friend are not one of those fail nubs... makes me wish I recorded the tankbarbpsy in action QQ

xD Psy's are a fun class to play. And youre a good example of a well rounded Mystic might i say. Since we had no cleric on the FFs, you knew when to heal and when to DD. b:victory
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    umm even it was 10 times or 100 times, you still did it and continue doing it and i never said it was expensive to pay for plvls nor do i care. Secondly, I didn't get plvled i actually played my class and learned proper playing styles instead of claiming to know everything about a Mystic at lvl45 (Barunaa for those who don't know) and disregarding everyone else who had opinion. These being people who actually "played" the class and didn't just read what skills do and expect to know it all. AND how are you so sure i dont pvp? I've ran into you one time in game...one time...biotch you don't know jack **** about me.

so what is ur point if i did it or not? just because i choose not to waste time and energy on this game and prefer the faster method of FCs till im high enough to FC on my own?

you didnt get plvled. good for u, want a medal? at the end of the day it doesnt matter if u get plvled or not get plvled in this game. what matters at the end of the day is the gear u have on ur back. u being 103 should know that very well.

also i love how u say i dont know jack **** about you when you spew ur bull **** about me even tho u dont know jack **** about me either. u say u met me one time in game but i have no clue on who u are in game so as far as im concerned i have never met u ingame.

but since u "assume" to know things about me getting plvled then u mind as well get ur silly facts straight. i shouted for plvls for ONE DAY and i WC a total of 10 times on this character since it was created. all 10 of which was on that day. and the reason i got plvled was in response to this thread to prove a point. i don't have time to spend lvling this character so i just go get plvls and not waste my time with it. and the total plvls were only 2 or 3 FF runs anyway. for everything else i mainly just Do BHs occasionally and maybe the dailies and the attendance daily, but thats about it.

if u have all the free time in the world to spend on urs then good for u. but i don't which is one of the reasons ive stoped lvling this char. i got it to the lvl it is now just to prove a point.

ive met MANY ppl in game that plvls there alts from lvls 1-100 and guess what? they actually know how to play their class and are excellent at it. shocker isnt it? someone who got plvled knowing how to play their class?!?!? blashphemy! but its true.

so stop being a stereotypical jack ***. just because someone gets plvled doesn't mean they don't know how to play their class. ya some ppl who get plvled dont know how to play their class. that is true. but dont categorize everyone who gets plvled into that category because all you are doing is stereotyping and wrongly accusing someone just because of the fact that you havent got plvled.

learning how to play your class and gaining experience is easy as hell in this game and it only helps when you have friends telling you and helping you along the way. saying someone should gain "experience" is just another player on a ego trip to help promote the fact that he lvled "legitly" and never got plvled at all. but as i already proved, it doesnt matter if u were plvled or not.
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    blah blah blah and more blah...gibberish and fail troll is fail..

lol... rage more please troll.
  • TwentyTwoTwo - Raging Tide
    TwentyTwoTwo - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i usually dont read the forums, bc ppl get hostile and i like calmness

Everyone has the right to their opinion, i see where "jack of all trades" comes from, but its false here.. theres like 8 classes and your "jack of all trades" is compared to 2 classes, so your saying a mystic is a jack of 2 trades*

read what he wrote omni never said he knew you, he said he RAN INTO YOU.

dont get mad at what people say in responce to your posts/thread. take from it, or leave it there to rot. i would love to use these forums more to share/learn but it seems everyone gets their panties in a ***** bunch over nothing.

powerleveling..mostly everyone does, some know their class some take longer.

buuut i do suggest you level a little becuase people look at your level and say you dont know what your talking about, im not saying i agree with, but if you want a serious topic/conversation try to cover you butt.. especially with the grammEr police. i hate it when their only comment is oh its spelled "grammar" kthxbyeb:bye
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what it really seems like is that you cant take criticism of your own class which sounds like a personal problem to me. if u cant take the heat then gtfo of the kitchen. the kitchen being my thread.

Oh I can take criticism, but it just seems so stupid to start a thread criticizing a class you supposedly love. If you love it so much, then why take the time to write negative things about it? Instead do something more useful like play this class, or just reroll.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Oh I can take criticism, but it just seems so stupid to start a thread criticizing a class you supposedly love. If you love it so much, then why take the time to write negative things about it? Instead do something more useful like play this class, or just reroll.

i do it because i can? problem with that brohan?
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    -facepalm-

lmao, OP is funny on this thread
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i do it because i can? problem with that brohan?

Never mind... It's not worth explaining something to a person that thinks they already know everything. b:bye
  • Vitacura - Raging Tide
    Vitacura - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Not sure why, but this funny thread reminds me those started by Yulk_owns.
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's because the OP has a similar mentality to Yulk.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    who is yulk
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    who is yulk

Lol, Yulk is yulk.

b:chuckle
  • Eillysium - Archosaur
    Eillysium - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Barunaa for the LOSE b:bye
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ok...

I'm going to start by saying this. I've played every class to 80 between my accounts.
    I repeat PLAYED. Not plvled.

Yes, mystics CAN replace clerics for CERTAIN things, but even still are NOT as effective.

Assuming you have a NORMAL squad, 2-3, Giant Ape. Can a mystic purge the boss like a veno? ... Didn't think so.

BH69/FC (Decaying Fragrance) - Can a mystic purify debilitating debuffs? 90+ in FC the sin will be tanking (assuming good gear) and clerics have a hard enough time keeping them alive until 100+ without purify it can't be done on bosses that debuff like that.

And I'd LOVE to see a mystic solo-heal Delta or Caster (but would HATE to be in that squad when they do.)

3-x Giant Beast has a purge effect rendering mystic rez next to useless.

As far as I'm concerned the line between clerics/venos and mystics should be drawn at heals/"pets" respectively.

Mystics are a stand alone class, and anyone who thinks that they can truly replace clerics or venos has no idea.

mystics are great in pulls because they can AoE debuff with their plants while DDing, Gale Force / Thicket in pulls, freeze+seal = less repairs for barbs/pullers, they will love you.

Energy leech in PvP has too many different applications to list, most of which clerics or venos would KILL to have.

Mystics have a skill that all casters NEED but if memory serves correctly neither a veno or a cleric has. That skill is called "Knockback" Bramble Tornado FTW.

If you have large amounts of powerful mobs (such as in delta) mystics can set multiple plants for multiple effects, and when the time is right Lysing for some decent spike damage.

They have their place, seperate from the place of a veno or a cleric.
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    Lunaryl - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Assuming you have a NORMAL squad, 2-3, Giant Ape. Can a mystic purge the boss like a veno? ... Didn't think so.

BH69/FC (Decaying Fragrance) - Can a mystic purify debilitating debuffs? 90+ in FC the sin will be tanking (assuming good gear) and clerics have a hard enough time keeping them alive until 100+ without purify it can't be done on bosses that debuff like that.

And I'd LOVE to see a mystic solo-heal Delta or Caster (but would HATE to be in that squad when they do.)

3-x Giant Beast has a purge effect rendering mystic rez next to useless.

When is anything in this game normal anymore?

No, we cannot purge.. but with the gear today, do you really need to purge ape? Two years ago, when I first did ape, we had to go with 2 venos to alternate the purges. Today, I can solo heal a typical farming BM through the buffs.

Technically speaking, yes, we as mystics *can* purify debuffs. Sage Break In The Clouds has a 25% purge chance, which can either be faster or slower than a clerics purify dependant on luck. When I first made my mystic and was maybe mid 90s, I was able to solo heal an archer who attempted to tank it. It took a long *** time to do, but we did it. Same goes for the BH69 bosses.. maybe not as effective as a cleric, but then again, we have our spidervine which reduces the bosses damage, our vital herb which group heals (while a cleric has to stop healing the tank to do so), and our very spammable break in the clouds. Again, with gear today, it is very possible.

As for Delta, I have not yet tried solo healing for it, because it seems like far too much effort on my part when I have an alt cleric who can stand there and do it for me.. but I have done a full rebirth where my cleric DCed for a few waves, and it took us a while to replace her.. I think it was maybe 5, 6 and 7? I'm not entirely sure.. but I would think it would be doable with a competent squad (Which sadly, is few and far between).

Caster.. I've hardly done, because it's boring and a waste of time. I spend 2x doing 99 key boss runs. Going to attempt a duo at some point.. seems only worth my time off 2x if I'm desperate for the coin.

Giant Beast Boss says something when he is about to purge, and therefore you can absolute domain, apoth or spark to prevent it. Smart squads do this to prevent having to rebuff any type of buff, not just the res buff, and even still it is recastable. I have solo healed a BM for all of TT, it's really not that bad.

Honestly, it depends on both the squad skill and gear, and the individual mystics skill and gear. Just because one person might not be able to, doesn't mean someone else can't.

b:cute Stop bashing my class. Mystic > You.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    RB Delta can be solo healed by a Mystic. A cleric is not needed.

As Lunaryl said she hasn't actually done this yet, but we know it's possible just because of how easy it actually is.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ok...

I'm going to start by saying this. I've played every class to 80 between my accounts.
    I repeat PLAYED. Not plvled.

Yes, mystics CAN replace clerics for CERTAIN things, but even still are NOT as effective.

-b:chuckle

All they need is enough HP, it can easily be done.

When a Cleric's BB drops: suddenly there is no defense bonus, Chromatic takes a long time to ch/cast, and ties up the cleric from focusing on main tank. In the same situation; a Mystic could have Spidervine and vit herb out, Warpshield on party, Aegis Sphere + Falling Petals on main tank, and be able to heal anyone in a pinch faster. If you're a Sage Dragon's Breath Wizard; you'll probably struggle with insufficient heals from vit Clerics which wouldn't be the case with a good Mystic.
    Mystics have a skill that all casters NEED but if memory serves correctly neither a veno or a cleric has. That skill is called "Knockback" Bramble Tornado FTW.

Neither needs this skill. Wizard has Knock Back but lacks Plume Shell, Wings of Protection, and IH. When veno's pet no longer holds aggro; it's time for veno to kill mob before it reaches them w/o knock back.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Honestly, it depends on both the squad skill and gear, and the individual mystics skill and gear. Just because one person might not be able to, doesn't mean someone else can't.

This. There have been cases during which we didn't even have a Cleric/Mystic and I was healing with my Psychic b:chuckle

Mystics can heal just fine and as good as Clerics because better gear is available.
    There are better weapons for stronger heals, there's better armour for higher defence, refines are easier/cheaper to obtain for more HP and, obviously, skill matters a lot.
    Then there's also pots and whatnot that any competent player will make sure they have enough of in their inventory. Then there's the genies. Old players / new players that like to learn also studied/study the mechanics of the game (like when to time AD/spark, when the boss purges etc.).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • tripotelios
    tripotelios Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    guys i saw some ppl saying abt earthguards are fail because no aps,

Are u kidding me? full of idiots this game:
    they made earthguards for skill spammers not the fking 5 aps,
    u take a barb: lets make it demon 5 aps
    u take am archer: lets make it demon 5 aps
    u take an sin: lets make it demon 5 aps
    u take a bm: lets make it demon 5 aps
    some of u take a venom:lets make it demon 5 aps

Enough with aps, finally pwi saw and something different from aps,
    and also,
    mystic have negative points ye, i aggre,
    and if u dont like them dont play them, omg u post a thread just to say the negatives?
    Full of idiots and meanies pwi,
    Listen something and understand it all:
    1st:earth guards are skill spammers
    2nd:mystics got and heal and pet thats why they meda both kinda weaker(we cant have anything in that life)
    3rd: ppl are on forums to take information about their class and help them improve, not to read useless threads
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ok, these last few posts are nice... but why did someone have to re-necro this thread? b:surrender
    This thread is probably the most useless mystic thread ever. It needs to be closed.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    just gonna say....mystic is the second jack of all trades in this game.

First was us BM's.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]