Already an APS, but now: Vit vs Dmg?

kububububu
kububububu Posts: 28 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Hello,
I finally achieved 5.0 with my Barb.
Now I'm considering improving my hp with taking some dmg off.
Atm most of my equipment won't change ever - so maybe a restat?
I could save some points from DEX and STR and put them into VIT.

Before restat I have 10k hp and after it would be 12k

Is it worth it to loose that dmg? it shouldn't be an issue while I can still perma-spark in my TT runs, but with 2k hp more I can try to kill Behe and Steel in 3-1 for example ;)

Links to both versions:

My build:
http://pwcalc.com/9afe9351f32760e2

The idea:
http://pwcalc.com/5c9e5f9bfb1417e9

What do You think?
Post edited by kububububu on

Comments

• Mi$ta - Heavens Tear
    Mi$ta - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Roll a BM.
  • zhimo
    zhimo Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    aps barb... yea whatever..

I think, aps combined with Vit.. hm i dont know but 2k, or 1.Xk doesnt change much.

When you face for example Behe in 3-1, without a cleric you are screwed.

im interessted, how much dmg you deal on ? bosses in 3-1, seriously you have to take ages to solo 3-1.

Just my opinion b:cute
  • kububububu
    edited January 2012
    As I'm 10k hp atm and my cleric is 5k we're screwed in behe 3-1 even with blue bubble...
    But I'm not sure if it becomes possible with 12k anyways ; )

And srsly - roll a BM? with all that bound gear I already have? And hell - run these freakin' FCs all the way again... Even if I kill these 25% slower than BM would - rollling a new char would take much more than these 25% I "waste" ; P in let's say... 6 months ; P Still not worth it.
    Not counting costs of gear ofc.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    kububububu wrote: »
    And srsly - roll a BM? with all that bound gear I already have?

Account stash stone buddy
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'd go with something like this: http://pwcalc.com/c2996af519b5d889
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'm with the BM bandwagon. Get an account stash stone and move all that gear to a class thats actually supposed to use it, and has the mastery and skills for it. Wouldn't take much time to level, and then use this BM to farm out proper gear for the barb.
  • kububububu
    edited January 2012
    I already have Acc Stash ; s
    Damn... If I had to make new char I'd like it to be a Sin, but then there's eq wasted ; S

and then... BM with that gear has even less hp, since it's same acc I can't even use barb for buffs : P
    and srsly - the dmg would been so much better?
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Tell me, can you pull BH warsong with those gears? Can you pull delta safely? Tank bosses in 3-x?

If not, well then you're screwed. Either get such high refines you can do your barb role properly or roll a bm. BMs are damage dealers. Barbs are meant to be tanks and that's what people will expect from you.
    I HATE seeing barbs crawl around with 5.0 but such low hp they can't even do their classes job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    BM won't do a lot more damage, considering you're perma sparked, 25% extra they get from mastery compared to poison fang on top of the 790% you already get from spark + str + buffs is not really worth remaking a character over.

Sure they get HF, which is a bit better than the 35% crit from demon onslaught, but they still need to get the sparks for that somehow, which will cost either genie energy or apo pots, leaving you with space to get some extra damage there another way.

At least you retain all the options of the barbarian for when you don't need your fists. Just use your fist build to make some money for better refines and you'll be useful as tank in AoE instances and still be able to get into nirvana squads :p
  • kububububu
    edited January 2012
    Warsong - no problemo, Delta - boring, for BH - no problem
    Tank 3-x - never tried

Roles are so screwed these days, why to even bother?
    If u take away TWs it's basicly APS all the way
    There is no longer proper squadding for TT like it used to be
    BM is nothing new compared to my barb tho
    Yes it's a bit higher APS and he can AoE
    BM with my gear world make a bit more dmg and could Heaven Flame if needed somewhere sometimes.
    It'd do better in TW/FC sure.
    But FC? srsly - maaybe getting 101lvl is worth it, but no higher
    TW - hmm, here - You're right
    For Delta - yeah, I'd prefere being BM there with my gear
    Vana/TT - You can argue there, I don't mind If I have to spend 10 minutes as a barb in TT, for Vana ppl mostly don't care if You're BM or Barb as long as You're 5.0

Hmm... Being BM might be better for running TM69 for example but there's so much other stuff to do

Anyway in the begining I wanted to ask about that 2k hp for bosses, not to argue superiority of classes
    but if that's all You can say this thread is goooing dooown :) [CLOSE]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    That being said, he should just keep building his gear/refines/gems. Is there a reason for that plate armor? Would he not benefit from nirvana top for the 5atk lvls + refine and mag/phys resists? Im assuming you don't plan on refining that 90 (rank top??TTgold??) any further. Maybe try for some hp/vit adds on rings through engraving. You could also use coa ring instead of band for extra crit etc... 2 of them is 6% more crit plus a little vit. and a little less damage. So many possibilities other then just res-statting.
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    At this moment i am only 4 aps due to legs not being 2nd cast but i must say keep dmg you'll gain more vit through better gears, refines, and shards. I have about 12k hp in human, but i am no where near done my gears, i still need 11 more vit stones and many many more refines as well as all my gear needs to be 4 sockets so enjoy your aps but seriously better gear and refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If you roll a bm with exact same gear, but stats are different. This is what the bm looks like http://pwcalc.com/d5cf2412551d60e8

You do 1k more damage when sparked. I know nothing about barb builds, but i have seen aps barbs, tank barbs, fun to be in a squad with them. Decision is yours. Personal opinion, stick with barb and try things out, can do fun things with a barb.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'm stuck between a cata build and a suicide arma build. Still 86, but I have 18k HP already... Mostly due to Helm (3 vit stones, +10 warsoul).

My indecision comes from having a BM that will be APS. But on the same token, my BM will possibly be using my Sin's LA.

As for a clawbarb, I'd go more for damage than for HP. You get HP from bloodpaint anyway, so why worry about having 10k HP? You will end up getting your HP from your gear refines and using +vit shards.

If you want to pull a cata, though, you're out of luck. You lost that capability (well, sort of) when you went with fists/claws. Cata needs HP and defenses, not the ability to do 7k damage 5 times a second to some poor object.

Blegh, I think I'll go suicide Arma Barb. Sounds like more fun than pulling a cata. D:
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • appleminion
    appleminion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Should account stash a BM for farming purposes. Or better yet a sin!
  • _SugaBaby_ - Harshlands
    _SugaBaby_ - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    bm are nice but seriously a barb 5 aps is like having a sin with claws and thats fail... Seriously roll a bm u can do a lot more damage.... If u make a sin 5 aps with deicide u will get kicked from the squad... and since u have already the heavy gear roll a bm ijs....
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    bm are nice but seriously a barb 5 aps is like having a sin with claws and thats fail... Seriously roll a bm u can do a lot more damage.... If u make a sin 5 aps with deicide u will get kicked from the squad... and since u have already the heavy gear roll a bm ijs....

Quantify "a lot"
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i bet i could steal agro with this STR barb dd build http://pwcalc.com/76c9e16646381730

what do you guys think i think i will start looking for oht pieces with ton of str.

refining inst a problem in itself but god i am drolling over the pure damage it would do.
  • Gnip - Raging Tide
    Gnip - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Just refine your gear up. This tank has about 18k hp and can solo most. Have a BM as well, but prefer the barb much easier to solo/farm.

Personally I would +10 those claws. GL and have fun.b:pleased
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I do a lot of mixed nirvvys with APS Barbs, Sins, etc.

Guess who tanks due to taking aggro?

(Hint: It's not the barb)

Don't get me wrong, the APS Barbs contribute well. My favorite Barbs on nivvys in the whole wide world are the ones willing to go Kitty form, devour, and go back to APS tho.

Don't get me started on APS Fist Archers though.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    BM+Fist = Win
    Barb+Fist = Fail

thats all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    BM+Fist = Win
    Barb+Fist = Fail

thats all

Wrong, enjoy knowing that a claw barb or fist barb ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sorry but no matter the circumstances a aps bm out dd's a aps barb and a sin out dd's them both. Aps barbs are only wanted for fail nirvana runs. A barb slows 5 aps squads down, it's like have a bm with 0 refines on their claws. When doing spam nirvana runs I'd rather take a 3.33 aps sin or bm than a 5 aps barb. The sin will still out dd the barb and at least the bm has hf.

Fail builds are fail, get over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I still think that a APS claw barb is not the way to go. If you really want to be a APS machine with "ok" hp, just go BM and refine like hell/good shards.

Yes, APS sins, or R8/R9 whatever can still pull my agro but I "usually" have no problem taking back (keeping can be a problem , I will admit).

I'm demon at 18k in tiger, i'm not rank or anything special, but people still love me in squad cause of demon hp buff/flesh realm/devour.

Depending on squad, I either try to tank in human or tiger (or switch)

Demon spark -- Demon bestial to get 41% crit--then go tiger and hit repeatble combo exclusivly made of demon flesh realm and devour, keep chi full with cloud eruption.. Rince and repeat. Usually all goes well..

Or I simply stay in Tiger (demon true form so no atk loss), spark--run combo--fill chi--repeat.

It does not guarentee at all keeping agro vs a 4-5 aps squad with good refines

I do not intend to restat to claws, I have 243 vit, 309 str, 65 dex and I really think that is the way a barb should be built...

Soooo, to answer ur question, if u are already APS and really want to stay, bump that vit up, it will be useful for those rare cases where there's no sin in squad or you can't get BP.

Delta with no BP on will cost you a lot of charm ticks if you are under 15k in tiger..
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    In regards to L_y_n_x's post-

With devour+axe damage, cutting the Phys def by 50%: Theoretically, in a squad with 2 5.0 Sin/BMs, would the barb then be equal to another 5.0 Sin/BM?

Thoughts? Dunno.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    I do a lot of mixed nirvvys with APS Barbs, Sins, etc.

Guess who tanks due to taking aggro?

(Hint: It's not the barb)

Don't get me wrong, the APS Barbs contribute well. My favorite Barbs on nivvys in the whole wide world are the ones willing to go Kitty form, devour, and go back to APS tho.

Don't get me started on APS Fist Archers though.

Totally agree and tooo many barbs dont do this. Also agree that it isn't often I see the barb with aggro.
  • Blaxton - Raging Tide
    Blaxton - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The OP said nothing about Nirvana or tanking. And a barb doesn't go 5.0 to tank Nirvanas, anyway. xD
    Personally I would +10 those claws.

I agree with this. Then refine your helm and leggings and maybe pick up Level 11 buffs including Poison Fang, if you don't have them. :) Re-statting points would help you for now, but if 10k hp serves you well atm, then focusing on refining your best gears would help the most, now and in the long run.
  • Gnip - Raging Tide
    Gnip - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I run vanas with my sin r9 and I prefer to have a tank in squad. Guess running 5-6 minute runs with no pots or charm ticks is fail nowadays. b:chuckle
  • kububububu
    edited January 2012
    Okay then, I'll continue with my barb, I'll try to farm as much money as I can and If I don't feel like investing more into barb's gear I'll start a sin alt. On the other account, just for plain fun. But for now, as 5.0 is fresh for me I have so much stuff to do ;)
    Sure I can't do everything, sure I can't be as good DD as Sins - but... I can still do alot and have fun and that's what I'm gonna do : D
    And yeah, no restatting, not worth it at all ;)
    Maybe I'll try to farm for Pan Gu tome and then pass it to Sin... or something : )

Btw: What would be needed for me to duo FC with cleric?
    I suppouse 90lv Lionheart axes with zerk & demon tiger form might be useful, right? ;d
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Was too lazy to quote, but seriously, since when can aps barbs solo better than aps bms? i think never. Hell i was soloing eden before i was even 3.33 (thats when i was always charmed though >_>), with full buffs ofc.