Yataghan Vortex mana cost

2»

Comments

• Feridon - Raging Tide
    Feridon - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    At what level did anyone able to run it with just charm and no added MAG?

Level 84 - close to 1.6k MP (5 base Mag), Level 9 Vortex

Without any Apo-pots and only with charm my Vortex stops short before the second charmtick.

My Level 100 Bm has 1890mp.

I think its hard to keep up the Vortex with only relying on mp-charm (unless u have perm Empowered Vigor)
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited March 2011
    Three times more effort = moving your finger?

My logic...

And vit might actually be better than mag...

Far more to it than that... All that **** you listed don't magically apear in your inventory..

As far as your "damage" logic, Had he said 400 points or somthing like that. I would completely agree with you. However 40? Won't make that much of an noticable impact.

So logic, still flawed.
  • Armads - Lost City
    Armads - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oh, simple fix, I have done with my level 60 seeker.
    Buy an Arcane helm. With sockets. Put turquoise shards. will easily get you the 1500+ Mp pool for that level.
    I'm using a Crystal Headdress(3 sockets), with flawless Turquoises. They cost me 30k to buy all three(yeah I found a deal, but turquoise shards are really cheap. Noone uses them pretty much)
    With a 2star cape i have that has mp+110, and +3dex(mainly wanted the dex, but the mp is nice) I have 1684mp.

Problem Solved. No pots, no magic points. When you aren't using vortex, just take off the arcane helm and equip an HP. Me? I'm probably gonna keep the arcane helm on for now. Don't really need the Hp.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For those advocating the use of instant gain apoths... you can't use them while channeling, which means you can't use them while using a constant channel AOE skill (BB, RB, DB, I presume BOA and YV as well... no personal experience with those.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    At level 63 I could run the Vortex skill with just charm, no magic added. Just had to equip an arcane helm. Hope that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I'm working on getting a MP hat. Found a nice one with 125 base, +90 and +110 MP. Going to shard it with G7 mana b:pleased.
  • jesswillterr
    jesswillterr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Level 10 vortex eats 421 mp/1.5 sec, so thats 280/sec, Just eat an artic orb (level 4 apoth, 15 tulip, 10 serpentine) recovers 9k mana/30 seconds =300/second for 30 seconds, which completely covers the cost of the vortex for an entire 30 seconds, just make sure you eat it before starting the skill because you wont be able to once you are going. If you need to hold vortex for more then 30 seconds something is wrong with you, or you are doing a zen aggro where you just pull mobs into a blender for 10 minutes

If you don't want to pay for herb yux, this is the next best option, Tulip and Serpentine are not that hard to find (Google Pwi Mats Map, it's the interactive one) And it will show you where to find it all, although unlike the other mats it's not entirely specific, but rather directs you to herb clusters where it can be found. Far less expensive then getting tokens or buying Yux, now you can save your money, or use your tokens for something else, like crabs, mystical tome pages, or whatever other **** you want. Yux also recovers so much that, most of the mp recovered will be with you at full mp, so it will be wasted, while Artic orb is more balanced and keeps you just high enough to keep vortex going. Get a veno with lending hand to spark you so you dont run out of chi, sin for BP (obviously) And you will be nuking the **** out of everything with your HA Wizzy, i mean Seeker.
  • Durable - Raging Tide
    Durable - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yea, totally not a necro.
  • Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Level 10 vortex eats 421 mp/1.5 sec, so thats 280/sec, Just eat an artic orb (level 4 apoth, 15 tulip, 10 serpentine) recovers 9k mana/30 seconds =300/second for 30 seconds, which completely covers the cost of the vortex for an entire 30 seconds, just make sure you eat it before starting the skill because you wont be able to once you are going. If you need to hold vortex for more then 30 seconds something is wrong with you, or you are doing a zen aggro where you just pull mobs into a blender for 10 minutes

If you don't want to pay for herb yux, this is the next best option, Tulip and Serpentine are not that hard to find (Google Pwi Mats Map, it's the interactive one) And it will show you where to find it all, although unlike the other mats it's not entirely specific, but rather directs you to herb clusters where it can be found. Far less expensive then getting tokens or buying Yux, now you can save your money, or use your tokens for something else, like crabs, mystical tome pages, or whatever other **** you want. Yux also recovers so much that, most of the mp recovered will be with you at full mp, so it will be wasted, while Artic orb is more balanced and keeps you just high enough to keep vortex going. Get a veno with lending hand to spark you so you dont run out of chi, sin for BP (obviously) And you will be nuking the **** out of everything with your HA Wizzy, i mean Seeker.

when a lv10 idiot wants to teach stuffs about vortex.
    and a bad necro style,buddy
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • eugen961
    eugen961 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    because herbs,lvl 75 event pots cheeper then pots u buy, use your lvl 60 pots to fil lyou mana bar up, i used vortex when i had half mana bar an a herb right away, i lost out on my aoe, it ate mana so fast, so always make sure your mana full before u go into vortex
    Edit: i still learning out my skills, i did lvl fast,but i took 3 days from lvl to test combos an whatever, i noticed something when i use vortex on boss, it says resist every 3 secs, so i think its trying to maybe stun to?i cant remember what sword buff i had on, but i dont no why it says resist, it never stun mobs...the only way to stun mobs is P.Dance sword buff an wait for the icon pop on the target then use stalagstrike an it stuns... but wtf does it says resist on boss,lol
    it says resist because sage/demon vortex gives you a chance to stun the enemies for 1 sec