Yataghan Vortex mana cost

Furries - Dreamweaver
Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Seeker
So ive been noticeing the mana cost of the seeker 2 spark skill
Yataghan Vortex

which ironically eats more mana at lvl 1 than sage/ demon dragons breath and bb/rb
and its on a char with a horrid mana pool

so i was wondering

we all use the following at lvl 75
Herb Yuanxiao

Restore MP 5000
Restore Time MP 10 sec.
Level Required: 75
Cooldown Time 10 sec.

that sounds like 500 mana per sec.

so although this would cost a tons on $ does this mean its theoretically possible to keep the aoe up for long peroids of time

and im also wondering how much the mana auras in rebirth give and at what intervals
Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
Post edited by Furries - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yuanxiao is what clerics use to keep up BB for long periods of time, so yes, it's what i'd try. how expensive it is depends on token prices; most people get it by trading tokens of luck for it at the... i forget which NPC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Pwnographic - Harshlands
    Pwnographic - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i use herbs to keep my vortext running, an my vortex is lvl 9, herbs give more then enought to stay in aoe, 1 down side, prepair to go threw a tone of herbs, i have went threw 30 herbs per boss in bh 59 wheni was 7x just so the assassin couldnt take agro an die bc lack of barbs, with mystic healing me, at 80 i set up a 30 min aoe grind party in PQ went threw like 300 herbs or close to it, its a very op skills, an i get alot of people saying good things about it in fc, if they only no how much it cost to keep it lvl an herb cost b:laugh
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i use herbs to keep my vortext running, an my vortex is lvl 9, herbs give more then enought to stay in aoe, 1 down side, prepair to go threw a tone of herbs, i have went threw 30 herbs per boss in bh 59 wheni was 7x just so the assassin couldnt take agro an die bc lack of barbs, with mystic healing me, at 80 i set up a 30 min aoe grind party in PQ went threw like 300 herbs or close to it, its a very op skills, an i get alot of people saying good things about it in fc, if they only no how much it cost to keep it lvl an herb cost b:laugh

the MP cost scares me of the skill, and I've been thinking of getting an MP hat with 2 high grade torquoise shards in it simply because I dont want to burn through herbs like a crack fiend.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Pwnographic - Harshlands
    Pwnographic - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the MP cost scares me of the skill, and I've been thinking of getting an MP hat with 2 high grade torquoise shards in it simply because I dont want to burn through herbs like a crack fiend.

Hope this not to scary, lvl 9 goes threw 406.7 mana every 1.5 secs, deals base weapon damage + 95% weapon damage+ 7430.4. and i just compaired to a wizards aoe, seekers hit harder:P lvl 75 event herbs i think is around 500 mana a sec, just a little tip, in fc an what not
    lest this works for me because im charmless.
    have lvl 60 mana pots+ herbs
    because herbs,lvl 75 event pots cheeper then pots u buy, use your lvl 60 pots to fil lyou mana bar up, i used vortex when i had half mana bar an a herb right away, i lost out on my aoe, it ate mana so fast, so always make sure your mana full before u go into vortex
    Edit: i still learning out my skills, i did lvl fast,but i took 3 days from lvl to test combos an whatever, i noticed something when i use vortex on boss, it says resist every 3 secs, so i think its trying to maybe stun to?i cant remember what sword buff i had on, but i dont no why it says resist, it never stun mobs...the only way to stun mobs is P.Dance sword buff an wait for the icon pop on the target then use stalagstrike an it stuns... but wtf does it says resist on boss,lol
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol ur gonna love this. demon yataghans vortex has a 20% chance to stun for 1 sec every hitb:chuckle.think
    50 mobs-20%=2/5s of the mobs stunned every 1.5 secondes
    kinda funny that its basically possible to stun spam a 59 skillb:laugh
  • Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol ur gonna love this. demon yataghans vortex has a 20% chance to stun for 1 sec every hitb:chuckle.think

Demon skills for lvl 59 skills are available at lvl 99, and only when they're in the game, which the EG Sage/Demon skills aren't.
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Sounds like sage DB, it probably also means you have instand all aggro.
    Good thing seeker is HA with defence lvl buf than XD
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    no points stunning them. with tat much more dmg, and using HA armor and having on bloodpaint, with 30 def lvl. id rather have +2 [14m att range] in gv so it hits a wider range.

but yea watever, sage sux so all go demon pls

so my sage books cheaper.
  • DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Like I said before, it seems as though you could keep the AoE up indefinatly.
    Not to mention that normal pots, apoth, elixers, and mp food all have seperate cooldowns,and you can use a long lasting pot (a higher lvl verion of focus powder) in tandem with there shorter duration counterparts...

A combination of all these options might be a tad cheaper than the token food alone... Just my two cents.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just wondering if I'm the only one that plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE-rD8vcY4U

whilst playing his Seeker? Especially when I pop on Vortex on some bosses. Lol.
  • martygdog
    martygdog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    even at lv10 it dont drop just keep ur finger on herb. n continue watchin tv.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    some of the buffs already need mirages so why dont you simply get a MP charm that's PWEs easy solution to the problem here b:chuckle
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Im not sure, My seeker isnt that high, but i dont think a MP charm can replentish HP fast enough to keep it going, so maybe a combination of it and Herbs would keep it up cheeper
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just wondering if I'm the only one that plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE-rD8vcY4U

whilst playing his Seeker? Especially when I pop on Vortex on some bosses. Lol.

I play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJv5qLsLYoo b:laughb:victory
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Haha CptMaggots! Totally appropriate. :3
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Right now at 61, I can't hold the AoE even with a mana charm. It kinda takes the fun out of this skill. At what level did charm alone support this skill for you guys?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Right now at 61, I can't hold the AoE even with a mana charm. It kinda takes the fun out of this skill. At what level did charm alone support this skill for you guys?
    u gotta MPpot. and mines still lv1 :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Mines level 1 still and yeah, you gotta pot even with charm. Then it lasts for as long as I want it. FUN.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    At lvl 60 you need 40ish pints in mag, to get 1500+ mana pool to keep it running with charm..

Once you get to 75... the Yujunahjsd whatever pots work fine,
  • Feridon - Raging Tide
    Feridon - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I agree. As soon as you can use Level 75 Mp Herbs, there is no need for a Mp Charm anymore. Not even when you max Vortex.
  • DrHook - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    vristion wrote: »
    At lvl 60 you need 40ish pints in mag, to get 1500+ mana pool to keep it running with charm..

Once you get to 75... the Yujunahjsd whatever pots work fine,

I'd sooner poo myself in public, than put magic on a physical class...
  • vristion
    edited March 2011
    I'd sooner poo myself in public, than put magic on a physical class...

Kewl....take pictures for us that like votex to run longer than that of a standard AoE...

b:chuckle

must not realize there is a way to restat when not needed there anymore b:chuckle
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Kewl....take pictures for us that like votex to run longer than that of a standard AoE...

must not realize there is a way to restat when not needed there anymore b:chuckle

40 points in mag will make you spin for what, 1 or 2 more secs?

Now that is an achievement...
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • vristion
    edited March 2011
    ^^ Wow people should read before responding....^^

40 - 45ish points in mag will give you 1500 mana pool, which you will need for it to run continuiously with a CHARM...... Thats the ACHIEVEMENT for lvl 60s who cant use lvl 75 mana pots...

kkkkkkkkkkkkk?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    At what level did anyone able to run it with just charm and no added MAG?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    people are adding mag to their seekers? 40 of it? in order to run one skill, between level 60 and level 75?

well. i no longer feel at all bad over having added 25 vit to mine before level 30.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • vristion
    edited March 2011
    At what level did anyone able to run it with just charm and no added MAG?

95+ with OUT some mag gear
  • DrHook - Lost City
    edited March 2011

My friend, instead of wasting potential damage and money for restat, take the money you would spend to restat and buy...

normal pots
    elixers
    long lasting apoth
    and instant apoth (can be stacked with long lasting apoth)

Sure, you might have to push some buttons, but is that so hard? XD
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited March 2011
    My friend, instead of wasting potential damage and money for restat, take the money you would spend to restat and buy...

normal pots
    elixers
    long lasting apoth
    and instant apoth (can be stacked with long lasting apoth)

Sure, you might have to push some buttons, but is that so hard? XD

Why would i take money, and spend it on somthing that take 3 times more effort to get the same effect?..

Your logic is a bit flawed here...
  • DrHook - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Three times more effort = moving your finger?
    My friend, instead of wasting potential damage...

My logic...

And vit might actually be better than mag...