I'm sick of bots!

leptooners
leptooners Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
I've been playing PWI for like a week and I've already run into at least five obvious bots whilst lvling. I even PMed a couple of them and got no response. One of them logged off the second I PMed him. Are bots a real big problem in this game or what?
Post edited by leptooners on

Comments

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well if you are on a PvP server and over lvl 30 just kill the bots, if on a PvE server you can take screenshots and send in a ticket and they will get banned.

But really, who bots anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • leptooners
    leptooners Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well if you are on a PvP server and over lvl 30 just kill the bots, if on a PvE server you can take screenshots and send in a ticket and they will get banned.

On PVE and yeah I'll do that. Seriously, it's SO easy to get exp now with hyper exp and other bonuses, I don't see the point in botting. I got up top level 24 in two days.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Or maybe they are simply just ignoreing you?

I think low levels can even be filtered out now-
    re
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I know one faction in particular who has a lot of members who bot. And pathetically enough it's one of the "big" factions on RT. They're constantly around a couple of places where I grind and it's really easy to spot who is botting. I've considered reporting them, but how can a screenshot prove they're botting? So my guess is PW would just ignore any tickets anyway.

But, yeah, one day I followed a bot around for hours picking up one of their drops because they forgot to set their program to pick up all drops instead of just coins.(I thought that was pretty funny.) And after hours when they finally came back and asked who I was they lamely said they "couldn't answer PMs". What's really sad is that during those hours, their guildmates stopped by a couple of times to buff the bot. So obviously it's pretty well known that their members use them.

My question is, what's the point in playing the game if you're not going to actually play it?
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Why bot? Have you not noticed that we are having a 2x DQ value period?
    I have noticed this same behavior in the largest faction in my server. There are guards set, who buff the bot regularly, and keep other people away from them. It is a PvP server, and the guards kill anyone in the area outside of SZ.
    This same guild has been doing this for years, and is how they outfitted most of their high-level players with R9 before it could be purchased. Now they are doing it for the DQ drops/points.

Those same people in this guild allow others in their guild to run their characters. Now, last I checked, account sharing was against TOS.

Yes, I have SS. Yes, I've filed tickets. No, nothing is being done. They ARE the most powerful faction on server, and I assume that means money is being spent. Preferential treatment is going to those who C$ most maybe?
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • srle93
    srle93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    b:bye
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I have noticed this same behavior in the largest faction in my server. There are guards set, who buff the bot regularly, and keep other people away from them. It is a PvP server, and the guards kill anyone in the area outside of SZ.
    This same guild has been doing this for years, and is how they outfitted most of their high-level players with R9 before it could be purchased. Now they are doing it for the DQ drops/points.

LOL... an end game set would cost north of 3 billion coins. Good luck to anyone trying to bot even 10% of that.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Those same people in this guild allow others in their guild to run their characters. Now, last I checked, account sharing was against TOS.

Yes, I have SS. Yes, I've filed tickets. No, nothing is being done. They ARE the most powerful faction on server, and I assume that means money is being spent. Preferential treatment is going to those who C$ most maybe?

I was going to post something saying how incredibly stupid that comment was, oops I guess I still did.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011

People that want DQ to get this > Demon/Sage Event Card - Redeemable for 50 Event Points from the PW Boutique Agent. They get mirages from TT and the refining aids using the Events Card.

Odds are they have a few computers running with bots and are either monitoring or afk at school/work/sleeping.
  • pwiqq
    pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    People that want DQ to get this > Demon/Sage Event Card - Redeemable for 50 Event Points from the PW Boutique Agent.

They get mirages from TT and the refining aids using the Events Card.

they also get mirages from peole slae at archnosaur

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138561&page=2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011

People that want DQ to get this > Demon/Sage Event Card - Redeemable for 50 Event Points from the PW Boutique Agent. They get mirages from TT and the refining aids using the Events Card.

Odds are they have a few computers running with bots and are either monitoring or afk at school/work/sleeping.

Think about this - merely an example: I farm for the very easy to make Hook and Thorn. The first interval for Sins everywhere. Meaning, they are a sure sale. Now, tuck your shards from FC in there, and refine it to say... +5/6 using refining aids from the Event Card. Toss in a sparse amount of socket stones for a 2soc. That's probably a sure 10mil. Now, sell 10.
  • Bunnybites - Harshlands
    Bunnybites - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    leptooners wrote: »
    I've been playing PWI for like a week and I've already run into at least five obvious bots whilst lvling. I even PMed a couple of them and got no response. One of them logged off the second I PMed him. Are bots a real big problem in this game or what?

I don't know how you are so sure they are bots? I get called that a bunch while grinding or gathering mats and herbs. People can PM me all day, and I have no obligation to answer or justify my play style. Usually, when they are accusing me of being a bot, they are pretty nasty.

I find if I play and don't worry about what other people are doing, it makes it more enjoyable.

Have fun, its just a game ;)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    LOL... an end game set would cost north of 3 billion coins. Good luck to anyone trying to bot even 10% of that.
    I was going to post something saying how incredibly stupid that comment was, oops I guess I still did.

She said "before it could be purchased", as in past tense. Medals of Glory used to be in the dq point system for half the cost of a sage/demon event card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    If PW is serious about stopping botters they should get rid of that awful World Quest where you fly to a million places. That quest just begs to be botted.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Er so you say they should ditch WQ because you don't like it and because there is potential for botting, but you don't have evidence of it? b:surrender
    laloner wrote: »
    If PW is serious about stopping botters they should get rid of that awful World Quest where you fly to a million places. That quest just begs to be botted.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • laloner
    edited December 2011
    Er so you say they should ditch WQ because you don't like it and because there is potential for botting, but you don't have evidence of it? b:surrender

I never said if I had evidence or not so that doesn't logically follow anything I said.

I never said they should get rid of WQ because I don't like it so that doesn't logically follow anything I said.

I did say that if PW is serious about stopping botting they will get rid of that quest. Entertain me by turning the power of your mind towards that issue.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I never said if I had evidence or not so that doesn't logically follow anything I said.

I never said they should get rid of WQ because I don't like it so that doesn't logically follow anything I said.

I did say that if PW is serious about stopping botting they will get rid of that quest. Entertain me by turning the power of your mind towards that issue.
    I'm playing 3 years but maybe I saw maximum 2 bots. This game is compared to other free MMO botless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011

I'll go point by point:

1) You didn't provide evidence, so for all intents and purposes on this forum, there is none.

2) You called the quest "awful". That indicates dislike. Without any evidence of the problem you claim may exist, that is the fallback reason for demanding its elimination.

3) Without evidence of botting being a problem for WQ (I've certainly not seen the "problem" on LC), eliminating the quest will do nothing to stop botting. Especially since all of the bots that get complained about are mob-farming bots...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    How exactly do people for sure distinguish between a bot and a real player?
    Because I have been out on quests going from mob to mob, ignoring drops and pm's because I simply didnt want to be bothered with getting a quest done as fast as possible to keep from being bored. And Ive had a few people sit there and watch me, pm me and tell me that they will report me for botting. I reply to any bot accusation by telling them to SS me, send a ticket and have a GM message me so I can carry on a conversation with them during my boring quests.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    How exactly do people for sure distinguish between a bot and a real player?
    Because I have been out on quests going from mob to mob, ignoring drops and pm's because I simply didnt want to be bothered with getting a quest done as fast as possible to keep from being bored. And Ive had a few people sit there and watch me, pm me and tell me that they will report me for botting. I reply to any bot accusation by telling them to SS me, send a ticket and have a GM message me so I can carry on a conversation with them during my boring quests.

One fun way is to sit there and use a sleep/stun/etc. every so often. If they continue on as if nothing's going on for a couple of those, I'll then hit them with a DoT or something.

That will elicit some response from almost any human player. I've seen a couple of newer bots that will port to town after a few seconds, meditate till HP is full, then fly back to the same spot and resume.

Being a cleric, those are a LOT of fun since you can head back to SZ (they usually farm just outside SZ) and heal them and rinse and repeat faster! b:victory

I've yet to find a live person who will willingly just sit there and take it as if nothing's going on.

One time, it was someone I vaguely knew, and I PMed someone I knew she knows well (and was in same faction). I was told she had gone to bed a couple hours ago, and to work up some red hours. b:chuckle

Pretty much, though, bots are FAR more predictable in nature than people are. People deviate from their patterns slightly. Bots aren't (yet) smart enough to do that effectively. (For example, actual people will kill a mob that's blocking access to a couple of their quest/farm/grind mobs. Bots will generally choose the next available with no aggro potential, even if it's a bit of a run. Also, most bots don't AoE or DoT...) Basically, people are lazy.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I know that there's a BM bot-grinding on foxwing supremes on lost city server above the forest of the plume.

I tick/waste her charm by sandstorming every 10 seconds. Then just ice dragon strike when I get bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    She said "before it could be purchased", as in past tense. Medals of Glory used to be in the dq point system for half the cost of a sage/demon event card.

And just what do you propose to do with all the medal of glory without any tokens. Even then it takes 1.5k DQ items per medal. And you need 17 (if memory serves) tokens for full set... that's 25k DQ items. So basically you and whatever that other guy's name expect me to believe that someone farmed all 25k DQ items... without buying a single one?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • laloner
    edited December 2011
    I'll go point by point:

1) You didn't provide evidence, so for all intents and purposes on this forum, there is none.

2) You called the quest "awful". That indicates dislike. Without any evidence of the problem you claim may exist, that is the fallback reason for demanding its elimination.

3) Without evidence of botting being a problem for WQ (I've certainly not seen the "problem" on LC), eliminating the quest will do nothing to stop botting. Especially since all of the bots that get complained about are mob-farming bots...

I never claimed to have provided evidence, if you want that then ask for it.

I indicated dislike but never expressed or even implied that was the reason the quest should be eliminated.

"Without evidence of botting being a problem for WQ (I've certainly not seen the "problem" on LC), eliminating the quest will do nothing to stop botting."

Thank you for entertaining me with a nonsensical statement. It was fun.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I resent this thread! b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    And just what do you propose to do with all the medal of glory without any tokens. Even then it takes 1.5k DQ items per medal. And you need 17 (if memory serves) tokens for full set... that's 25k DQ items. So basically you and whatever that other guy's name expect me to believe that someone farmed all 25k DQ items... without buying a single one?

TBH,25KDQitemsisn'tthatmuch.:/
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011

That's really not hard to do in the few months that they were available. If I put my mind to it, I could probably have farmed a couple of those demon/sage cards during this last 2x, which would have been 4 medals of glory. But obviously I have better things to do. In addition, the money gained from they could contribute to the costs. I know its hard to believe people botted that, but they did. Annnd In addition they were in the shop the same time as snowmen, which dropped fireworks worth 30 dq points. So that probably made things a little easier though the majority would have been done with botting/grinding legitimately. So it was really easy to do. A lot of people got their rank 9 through the dq system. Anyway you contended that they couldn't have even put a dent on the rank 9, and i'd say being able to obtain all of the medals of glory is a significant dent into the costs of rank 9. And yeah it would have been much harder to do if you had to do the grinding yourself, which is why they botted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • grodster
    grodster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Perfunctory google of "bots pwi" will get you several sites that have d/l links for bots. Some may not even be keyloggers!

Good thing folks go to such lengths to deny they exist.
  • Bunnybites - Harshlands
    Bunnybites - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    grodster wrote: »
    Perfunctory google of "bots pwi" will get you several sites that have d/l links for bots. Some may not even be keyloggers!

Good thing folks go to such lengths to deny they exist.

I certainly don't deny they exist, I just don't think everyone you think is a bot actually is :)
  • dfdfdfdfdfds
    dfdfdfdfdfds Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Bots aren't a problem in this game, if they were gold companies would be using them to farm profits. Botting is useless, exp is ****, drops are the same and DQ for event cards, really? Cuz ppl who go to the trouble of botting really want bound pigments/fashion.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Bots aren't a problem in this game, if they were gold companies would be using them to farm profits. Botting is useless, exp is ****, drops are the same and DQ for event cards, really? Cuz ppl who go to the trouble of botting really want bound pigments/fashion.

I was grinding right before maintenance for DQ to buy some random pigments to dye a fashion set I have. It took 32 random dyes. If someone really didn't want to grind all that or have the patience like I did, I could see someone botting for it. Obviously DQ isn't for a quick profit since everything is bound, but DQ points are nice. I wouldn't mind the Event cards, and I'm sure some people might bot for them.

I personally like grinding. It's relaxing if I've had a bad day and I don't want to deal with a frustrating squad for something. Sure, sometimes people try to check if I'm a bot. The people who try killing what I kill to check I tend to cuss out for ksing. I figure that is enough evidence for them.